IC-GOLD-Once More Into the Breach(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-GOLD-Once More Into the Breach(Everyone else)

Post by kabukiman »

-They are sooo stupid! I'm starting to thing that the zombies are actually smarter than the livings...- says Melinda in disgust.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Simpson, keeps his wits about him, but falls back from the Stryker as fast as he can, hoping that the Zombies will go for easier prey...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Frank[/b], there was time to fire a single shot rather than a burst, but you already rolled the burst, and it wouldn't be right to go back and make a single shot after knowing what you've rolled. It also does make a difference that the +20 is added to your skill and not subtracted from your roll. You got a roll of 25 out of 90, not 5 out of 70, so it is not an impale. Taking the first 2d8 you rolled for damage means you did 6 to the chest of the fast zombie. [b]Nils[/b], your base skill in Rifle is 30% (really it's 25, but we've been allowing 30 in this game). Firing a burst increases it to 50, but it's a miss either way. [b]Gary[/b], you posted a link to a picture (albeit a nice one), not your roll. I was able to find your roll anyway, so there's no problem.
Outside the clinic-
Frank Hodges and Nils Johansen sprayed lead at the zombies, but in their panic and haste most of the shots went wide. One slug thudded into the fast one's chest, but it didn't even slow down. It doggedly pursued Gary Simpson and Roger Coltrane as they fled. Simpson couldn't run faster than it, but he did run slightly faster than Coltrane. It lunged at the senior airman, but he managed to evade its grasp. The two men ran out into the open, and it followed them. The other five ghouls stumbled along behind it.
OOC,Here's the deal: [b]Captain Johansen[/b] and [b]Frank Hodges[/b] are far enough from the zombies that they may fire safely this round. They may aim at the head, or fire a burst, but not both. The runner is now a crawler (see below), so it will move slowly. It has taken 28 damage total, so another 22 in general will kill it, as will 10 to the head, of course. The five walkers are undamaged as yet. All six zombies will reach and attack [b]Coltrane[/b] and [b]Simpson[/b] this round if they do not keep running instead of turning and shooting. The two of them can reach the others this round.
On the fire escape-
David finally stopped weeping and came to his senses.

In the intake area-
Everyone tensed up when they heard gunfire outside and from the roof. "Can we go out there?" asked Catherine Rourke.

"Not without orders," said Lt. Gomez, shivering a little.

On the roof-
Airman Wesson freaked out when he saw the things chasing his comrades below. He was driven over the brink of madness, realizing what must have happened to the SF troopers in the Stryker. In a fit of terror, he bolted for the access door. His partner had a more level head, and he plugged the running corpse in the right leg, severing it neatly. The zombie fell to the ground and dragged itself after its prey.

Lt. Sara Evans stayed calm. She squeezed off two rounds, but they both missed. Luckily, neither bullet struck a friendly.

"Let me out!" shouted Senior Airman Tom Wu from the other side of the access door. "They're after me!" Wesson took out his key and unlocked the door, letting the distraught man sprint onto the roof while Wesson ran past him, inside the building.
OOC,Everyone on the roof, roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. Too bad nobody listened to [b]Sara[/b] and looked away - especially for [b]Colin[/b], who has a high chance of going off the deep end right now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen took aim at the crawling zombie and fired a burst, hitting it in the chest completely shredding the body. Hostile down, repeat, hostile down!
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin saw the zombies emerge from the vehicle. He screamed at the sight. His grip on reality crumbled to the very edge.
Handy,Close but no cigar. Maybe next time hmmm?
He stood at the edge of the roof and said, "If someone does not give me a fucking gun now I will jump and my death and rebirth as a zombie will be on all your heads!"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Frank thumbed the fire selector switch on his rifle and took aim at the head of the nearest zombie. The round struck the abomination cleanly between the eyes. The round blew out a chunk of it's skull, dropping it to the ground in a heap.

OOC: I believe 13 is an impale. If not, I rolled damage twice to easily remove one of the damage amounts if I need to edit.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Keep your wits Collin! We will need you to escape and find a better place, as soon the zombies finish to eat the soldiers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, 13 is an impale. Don't forget that [b]Keith[/b] and [b]Melinda[/b] need to roll Sanity for seeing the zombies!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Oh shoot. I forgot about Kieth.
The sight of yet another zombie attack is too much for Keth to handle. He slips a a little bit further to the brink of insanity.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Get a grip on yourself, Mr. Lewis!" said Lt. Evans. She saw the two zombies go down in the parking lot below and took aim at a third. She squeezed off two shots, but both went well wide of the mark. "Dammit!" The sniper beside her chambered another bullet in his M-24.

Senior Airman Tom Wu caught a glimpse of the four zombies in the parking lot and was panicked even further. He lost all semblance of rationality and fled in terror. He dropped his M-4 on the roof with a clatter and ran screaming back down the stairs after Airman Wesson.

David climbed up the fire escape and onto the roof, only to see more of the undead below. He gulped in fear, shocked but not broken. Beth stayed calm, knowing she was safe on the roof. Robert was also unfazed, as he usually was. Zorie lost it, almost completely driven mad by the sight. She knew that not even her suit would protect her, and she promptly fainted from shock.

Amanda Deeds reeled, but her continued numbness kept her from being stunned too badly. Lisa Crow shrieked, but recovered quickly. "Colin, listen to Melinda!" she called. "Don't jump! We need you to protect us!" Melinda only barely kept her self-control.
OOC,[b]Colin[/b], you'd better hope there isn't a next time! If there is, you have at least a 99% chance of going permanently insane. Some horrors even cost 1 Sanity point if you succeed. I'm glad you didn't hit zero yet, though. [b]Melinda[/b], you never rolled Sanity, so I rolled for you. If anyone wants to pick up the M-4, there is no time to aim at the head this round. You could fire a regular single shot, or a burst of 3 rounds at +20. If more than one of you goes for the weapon, whoever has the higher DEX gets it first. In the event of a tie, each tied competitor rolls 1d100, and the lowest roll gets it.
In the intake area-
"I don't want to go out there anyway," said Lt. Doolittle with a shiver. "I should be flying a chopper, not stuck here on the ground."

Outside the clinic-
Captain Johansen and Airman Hodges eliminated their targets, but four more were still coming. Coltrane and Simpson retreated past them a few yards and prepared to fire.
OOC,When firing a burst, each bullet has its own separate hit location. It didn't matter this time, as the first bullet alone did more than enough damage to finish the zombie. [b]Gary Simpson[/b], you can fire this round without risk, and so can [b]Roger Coltrane[/b]. [b]Frank Hodges[/b] and [b]Captain Johansen[/b] will be attacked by the surviving zombies if they stay and shoot. If they retreat, [b]Hodges[/b] will have to roll DEX x 5 to stay ahead of the pack. [b]Johansen[/b], you have a bullet wound in your leg, so you'll need to roll DEX x 4. If you retreat and fail your DEX roll, roll Dodge just in case.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen stumbles away from the zombies, easily staying ahead. He radios Carmichael. Need help ASAP! Stryker crew is KIA, and reanimated! All hell's broken loose sir! He turns and waves at the remaining soldiers outside. Everyone inside, get inside!
Last edited by kouchpotato on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,If you retreat, you cannot also shoot. In this case that helps you, as you save the bullets. You also cannot run back to the clinic entrance without getting past the zombies, as you've been standing with [b]Hodges[/b] some 20 yards away, out in the open so the snipers on the roof could fire (the overhang at the entrance was blocking their line of sight). All entrances except the main one are currently sealed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

OOC,Okay, wasn't clear on location of stuff. I'll edit post.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin grabbed the M-4 with glee.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank turned and ran from the zombies: doing his best to outpace them.

On the roof-
"hang on, I am going to help them!" Keith said as he turned and ran for the fireescape.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
The sniper put a bullet in a zombie's skull, but it was only a glancing hit. The bullet creased the back of the creature's head, but it still lumbered on. Sara Evans fired at the same ghoul twice, barely hitting with one shot and finishing it off. Only three remained.

Amanda came to her senses and realized that Keith was heading down the fire escape. "No, Keith, wait!" she called. "It's too dangerous! There's nothing you can do without a gun!"

Colin snatched up the dropped M-4 carbine before anyone else thought to do so. It didn't even seem anyone had noticed him take it. The magazine felt nice and full.
OOC,[b]Colin[/b], you can go ahead and take a shot at a zombie now. It's normal range, with only a -5 penalty for aiming at the head. The damage is 2d8.
On the fire escape-
Keith ran down the fire escape to the landing where he had first entered from the stairwell. The door to the stairs was now locked. The ladder that would let him reach ground level was in the raised position.

In the intake area-
"I guess it's a good thing we're still hearing gunshots," said Lt. Barbara Ellison. "It means they're still alive out there."

Outside the clinic-
Simpson shot one of the zombies in the head, but the bullet merely creased its scalp. Coltrane shot it again and also wounded it lightly, but it kept coming.

Captain Johansen and Frank Hodges ran past the northern edge of the parking lot, leaving the asphalt behind for a grassy area. The three remaining zombies were now only a couple of yards from Simpson and Coltrane. The captain heard Carmichael's reply: "We're already assembling a team to send to the quarantine clinic, but it's going to take a little time to get them ready and suited up. You need to hold the clinic until they arrive, Captain."
OOC,[b]Captain Johansen[/b] and [b]Frank Hodges[/b], you can both fire without risk to yourselves this round. However, [b]Simpson[/b] and [b]Coltrane[/b] are in the line of fire. If you miss, or if you fire a burst and do not hit with all 3 bullets, roll Luck to make sure you don't hit a friendly. [b]Gary Simpson[/b] and [b]Roger Coltrane[/b] are at point blank range, but have no time to aim at the head and can be attacked by any surviving zombies after they shoot if they stay there. If they retreat, they cannot also shoot, and they will need to roll DEX x 5. If they want to try to get past the zombies and back towards the clinic entrance, they could be attacked and will need to roll Dodge just in case.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen takes aim with the rifle and takes a single shot, missng, luckily also missing the two soldiers. Simpson, Coltrane, get out of there now!
Last edited by kouchpotato on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sorry, [b]Captain Johansen[/b], that's a miss. Your Rifle skill is only 30, so you need 25 to hit the head. Roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Oops, sorry, didn't read that I need to roll
-Don't worry, I will bring your son safe, I won't let him run from me like that!- Says Melinda to Amanda as a joke. She runn in direction of Keith.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

On the groud
Frank took up a shooters stance and fired a round at the head of the zombie closest to Simpson and Coltrane. The round struck home doing massive damage, but not stopping the beast.

On the Fire Escape-
Keith tried the door and found it locked. He yelled up to the others: " Get me a key to this door, someone!"
Last edited by ryansommer on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”