IC-GOLD-Fog of War(Claire/Crew/Valdez/Wright/Harper/Winters)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Fog of War(Captain Claire Kelleher/RSM Raymond Crew)

Post by Voodoo »

"Yes, Sir!" Sebastian said as he turns and follows the others towards the main entrance. Deep in his gut Sebastian was beginning to have a very bad feeling about this mission.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operations room-
Sebastian Harper and the other SFs fell into line and marched out through the main doors quickly, making their way through the headquarters building and back outside, not knowing if they would ever return.

Outside headquarters-
A Stryker ICV was parked near the front entrance of the HQ. It had not been there when they had entered, so it had to have only just arrived.

The driver waved the group over. One of the SF troopers got into the front compartment with the driver, while everyone else got in the rear, since there were ten of them and the main compartment only had seats for nine. Crew sealed the hatch once everyone was inside, and the Stryker pulled out, heading south through the base.

"I'm Captain Claire Kelleher," said the female officer in the orange suit. "I'm a medical officer being sent to take charge of the quarantine clinic we've set up inside the base perimeter. The clinic is being used to house and monitor several civilians and Air Force personnel who were admitted into the base earlier this afternoon. There have been a few outbreaks there, as well as incidents of apparent madness among both the patients and the staff. Two of the three doctors originally assigned to the clinic were killed, and the third was wounded. The Security Forces assigned to the clinic have also taken heavy casualties, and they need the rest of you as reinforcements. Our mission is to secure and hold the quarantine clinic until relieved. I have to stress the importance of maintaining your Racal suit's integrity. It could very well save your life. Anyone whose suit has been breached, even if it's just a pinprick, will be restricted to the clinic under quarantine indefinitely. Captain Johansen, the surviving doctor at the clinic, has already had his suit breached and is subject to quarantine."

"I'm Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew," said Crew with an obvious British accent, "seconded from the RAF. I've been serving Lt. Colonel Carmichael in an advisory capacity throughout the day, and I volunteered to lead the SFs assigned to the clinic's defense. Valdez and Wright, you are our fire team leaders. I've hand-picked both of you for this vital mission. If quarantine is broken and an outbreak spreads beyond the clinic, the base would be endangered. Wright, you're in charge of Alpha Team. Your team will be responsible for perimeter security once we've secured the clinic. Valdez, you've got Bravo Team. Your team's job is support, and you'll also serve as a secondary line of defense. The last we heard, it was under attack by a large group of the infected. We don't know the number of the enemy or the current situation at the clinic, but we must be prepared to go in hot. Any questions?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Who are the teams sir?" Sebastian asks as he continues checking his gear.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Stryker-
"I'm a non-commissioned officer," said Crew, "so you don't need to call me 'sir.' Sergeant Major will do nicely. I think it best that Valdez and Wright keep the people they have chosen as their teams - which puts you on Alpha Team under Senior Airman Wright, I believe. Any other questions?"
OOC,I'm not going to identify the other five airmen yet, to give a chance for other players to make their own characters and insert them here as some of the five.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian gave the Sergeant Major a nod of understanding before leaning back and closing his eyes. With the way things were going he figured he might as well get as much rest as possible as it might be a while before he got another chance.
ooc,Ok sounds good. Sadly I never even thought about why none of the others had names yet.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Stryker-
"Sergeant Major?" asked Sam Wright as the Stryker rolled along. "What are the rules of engagement?"

"Lt. Colonel Carmichael briefed us on them while you were changing," said Crew. "We are authorised to use deadly force against anyone that we have reason to believe is infected, or against anyone who threatens Air Force personnel. In all other circumstances, the civilians are to be protected."

"One of the first things we'll do once the facility is secure is to screen everyone, both medically and psychologically," said Captain Kelleher. "Sergeant Valdez, you'll be assisting me with the psychological screenings, but the medical screenings take priority. We need to know if anyone has been infected right away. It often doesn't take long for someone to go berserk. From what I've heard, while it is possible for someone who has been bitten to last for a couple of hours, some of them turn almost immediately."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian perked up at the mention of the psych evaluations, "Why are we doing psych evals on people?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Styrker-
"Good question, Airman," said Captain Kelleher. "Several of the people at the clinic, both on the staff and among the patients, have experienced mental breakdowns. It is not clear whether madness is one of the symptoms of the infection, or if it is merely caused by the stress and trauma of the day, but we have to keep an eye on anyone with psychological problems, and if they're severe enough they may have to be isolated or even sedated. There were some blue on blue incidents during the outbreak, and it's not known yet whether mental instability played a role."
OOC,Blue on blue is Air Force terminology for what is commonly known as "friendly fire."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian nods to the Captain before settling back and closing his eyes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-GOLD-Fog of War(Kelleher/Crew/Valdez/Wright/Harper)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Stryker-
"This is Lt. Colonel Carmichael," reported the colonel on the radio. "I just got word from Captain Johansen. He said that the infected were eliminated, and that one civilian was acidentally hit but not bitten."

"Well, that's one less thing to worry about," said Captain Claire Kelleher. "I'll see to the wounded civvy when we arrive."

"We're coming up on the clinic parking lot now," called the driver. "Don't relax just yet! It looks like a fight's breaking out in the parking lot. There's a big civilian trying to fight off a bunch of people in orange suits!"

"Everyone get ready for trouble!" said Crew.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian readies his weapon and moves towards the door. "Ready on your go Sergeant Major"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-GOLD-Fog of War(Kelleher/Crew/Valdez/Wright/Harper)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Stryker-
"Why are there civilians outside in the first place?" asked Captain Kelleher to nobody in particular. "That's a serious breach of quarantine!"
OOC,Everyone is moving to the following thread.
Triage
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”