IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, you can use the helmets to communicate between the vehicles. Note that [b]Ho[/b] is in the Escalade and [b]Victor[/b] is in the back of the pickup, so you can't talk directly to each other.
On the road-
"Roger that, ma'am," replied Sergeant Bloch. "The fact that you're an air traffic controller will help; we could always use another. I'll go bring this to my superiors now. Ms. Montrose, please give me a call back once you cross the border into Wyoming. Is there anything else you need to tell me or ask me before I go?"

Lauren turned her head around to look at Victor. "It's the Air Force, not the Army," she said, "and I don't think they'll lock you up. We won't say anything, so how would they even know who you are? And you've already served your time, right? They can't put you away for the same crime twice." She closed her eyes. "I...learned that from my dad. He's...he was a lawyer." She turned back to Emily. "Mom, we can't just leave Victor behind, especially since he's hurt. Tell him that it'll be all right if he comes with us."

Kathryn returned to the Escalade. Alfredo held the door open for her and let her retake her seat before getting in himself. "That's good news," he said with a grin.

"We should be there pretty soon," said Duncan. "We're only a little over half an hour away. The only tricky part will be avoiding the city."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, some kind of order, I guess. But... Sgt Bloch mentioned they had some trouble this morning, too. I believe they sheltered some refugees which were infected and it got ugly. I think we may have to prove we´re unharmed when we get there." Kathryn looks at the passengers in the back. "Can you feign that, guys?" She smiles at them and raises a brow.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

"Don't worry Victor, either they accept us all or none of us." Emily said with a smile. "Worst case scenario: we tell them you are my husband. They have to let a family in, right?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor smiled and said, "And then what? We get arrested there? The millitary cannot be trusted."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I don't know if we have any choice but to trust them." Emily said, scanning the darkness. "We are low on ammo and supplies. We need shelter, and a place to rest. Where else can we find those things?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
Kyle nodded. "Soldiers are heroes," he said. "They keep us safe from terrorists."

"Yes, I'm sure it will be all right," said Lauren. "Should we start driving, Mom?"

In the Escalade-
"We haven't been bitten," said Joey. "All we've got are bullet wounds."

"Yes, and thankfully those weren't serious," said Duncan. "I've already patched us up pretty good." He glanced back. "Of course, Gonzalez is hurt pretty bad from his fall off that ladder. I'd hate to be him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"That´s good, then. Let´s get to that base, guys. Stay clear of Cheyenne and get us there in one piece, Alfredo." Kathryn buckles up and checks the glove compartment for a road map.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Yeah. We should get moving" Emily says to Lauren. "We'll just follow the others as they know where we are heading."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Escalade-
Alfredo made a U-turn and backtracked to the east-west road they had just left, where he turned right. Kathryn looked through the glove box, but the only road maps were for the Lincoln and Omaha area in eastern Nebraska. This vehicle was a long way from home. She did recall that there were maps back in Kyle's truck that might have what she needed.

Duncan looked deep in thought. "I know we're going west," he said, "but that's about the extent of it. I've never been out this way before."
OOC,Everyone, feel free to roll Navigate. The base skill is 10%.
In the pickup truck-
Kyle also turned around, following the Escalade around the corner. "I hope they know where they're goin'," he said, "'cause I sure don't."
OOC,Everyone in the truck may roll Navigate as well. [b]Emily[/b] and [b]Kathryn[/b] can always communicate via the helmet radios.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the Escalade
"These maps are no use to us..." Kat says, closing the glove compartment. "I have no idea whow to get where we´re going." She calls on Emily: "Emily, can you radio WAFB for a detailed route? We´re quite lost here..." She checks the others, "Right?"
TVblog

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho looks around but is hopelessly lost.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor sighed and inched closer to the edge of the pickup getting ready to jump off if needed.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily had no idea where she was going. She opened the glove box of the car and looked for some maps. Keying the mic: "Warren Airforce Base. This is Emily Montrose, over. We need a route to get to the base. Over."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the Escalade-
"I don't know where the hell we are, either," said Alfredo with a shrug. "Boss?"

"I'm not sure," said Joey.

"Don't worry," said Harvey, "I know where we're going. Keep driving straight for now. I'll let you know where to turn off." He smiled, glad to finally feel useful.

"Good job, Harv," said Joey.

In the pickup truck-
"I'll need to know where you are right now before I can tell you where to go," said Sergeant Bloch. "Do you know your location? What road are you on?"

Emily knew that they were a few miles south of I-80 and heading west, but that was the extent of it. She had no idea which road this was.

Kyle followed the Escalade.
OOC,Feel free to continue conversing. Each of you let me know when you're ready to move on. When you all indicate that you're done, I'll speed things forward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the Escalade, Kat exhales and prepares to relay the good news to Emily in the truck behind them. "Em, an update. We have a route, now. Harvey has got his bearings and is guiding us. Tell WAFB that we´ll let them know when we need further help or are west of the base. Over."
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

ready to move on
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Correction, Sargent. We have a route and are enroute." Emily says into the mic. "Right now we are a few miles south of !-80 and heading West. We'll keep you posted on our status. If there is any intelligence you'd like us to gather while out here or any supplies, let us know. Over"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
"Roger that, ma'am," said Sergeant Bloch. "Don't put yourselves at risk trying to gather intel or supplies on your way here. Just play it as safe as possible and get yourselves here in one piece. You can keep your eyes open as you drive, but don't go out of your way. If there's nothing else, I'll go talk to my superiors."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Roger" said Emily. To her kids in the car: "Well, here we go. We'll be somewere safe soon." She reached out and squeezed the shoulders of her kids.

OOC: Ready to move on
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho yawns. I have sleep while we drive. Wake me when we get there.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”