IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor saw the Zombie and his mind flipped for a minute. He however managed to keep his sanity intact this time. he then raised his pistol and fired at the zombie. However he missed the target. He began to reload the gun.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I still need a Sanity roll for [b]Ho[/b] and that group Luck roll from someone. I'll give it until Sunday, and then I'll roll for you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Ooc: I rolled terribly last
time so I figure I'll let someone else do it. I'll do it on Sunday if no one else steps up
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The sight of the poor bastard was bad, but lady Fortuna is on their side as they glide up the freeway. Kat feared a pile up would block the way and they´d be trapped. Not being the case she exhales and breathes, " Step on it Alfredo! Get us out of here!!!"
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Victor's wild shot echoed in the night, and then the zombie was left eating the truck's dust. Kyle drove onwards, soon reaching an intersection. The road was clear and there were no zombies visible. The one from the exit ramp had been left well behind. One road went off to the right, and a smaller one which led left had been barricaded.

"Turn right here," said Lauren, and Kyle complied. She hugged Emily. "I hope we're almost there. I don't ever want to see another one of those things again!"

"It's all right, Kathryn," said Alfredo, turning the corner in the Escalade and following the pickup truck. "It's gone, and we'll be at the base soon."

Seeing the zombie had been just a little too much for Ho. He reeled in shock, but at least the shock was too great for him to fully comprehend it.
OOC,Guess you should have rolled, [b]Ho[/b]. :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"You're doing great, Kyle." Emily said. "We're almost there."

Emily eyed the mic: "This is Emily, over. We've turned right off the freeway. We should be close now. Can we get further instructions?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Thanks," said Kyle, grinning.

"Staff Sergeant Bloch here," came Bloch's voice from the pickup truck's CB radio. "If you've gotten off of I-80 and went around to the right, that will take you to Otto Road. You'll need to take the first right from there onto Roundtop Road. That will go underneath I-80 and Route 30 and then continue north."

"We already turned right the second time," said Lauren. The vehicle approached a pair of overpasses. "That must be what he's talking about."

Bloch continued speaking. "Roundtop Road becomes North Fort Access Road. After a couple of miles, you'll reach the southwest corner of the base. Just keep going north and following the perimeter fence. It'll become Roundtop Road again. Stop when you reach Randall Road, and we'll give you further instructions."

The Escalade kept following the pickup truck. Both vehicles passed under the overpasses and continued on their way.
OOC,Is there some reason people haven't been posting?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho's mouth drops in shock. When he sees the zombie he sees Helen being devoured. He slumps in his seat, shivering in fear.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Roger that" Emily said into the mic. "We are going under the overpasses now. We'll keep heading north until we hit the perimiter of the fence."

"Sounds like we are almost there" Emily said to Kyle and Lauren. She put her arms around them both and gave them a one armed hug. "We're almost there."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Went awol to the summer house, sorry!
Kat feels better as the Escalade rolls on after the pick up truck. "Hey, Cynthia, wake up, honey. We´re closing in and we´d better look our best so we´re not mistaken for the walkers..."
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Both vehicles cruised onwards to the north, past a few other small roads that turned off to the left.

In the Escalade, Hector ran his eyes over Kathryn and Cynthia. "You girls are looking great already," he said.

In the pickup truck, Lauren leaned into her mother. "Thank God!" she said.

"Lieutenant Colonel Carmichael just came back," said Bloch on the radio. "Hold on, I'll go get him."

"This is Camichael," came the colonel's voice after a short delay. "I have good news for you, Ms. Montrose. The XO has agreed to let your group onto the base, with certain conditions. These conditions are non-negotiable. Anyone who doesn't like them doesn't have to come in. He still needs to convince the CO, which won't be easy, but if anyone can talk the boss into this it's him. We've had a number of incidents involving the last group that we admitted, including murder. No deviation from the rules will be tolerated. Anyone who violates them will be compelled to leave the base, never to return. Is that understood?"

Up ahead, an intersection with a larger road heading east and west came into view. Beyond it, buildings became visible for the first time since they had left the highway. And past them the southwest corner of the perimeter fence came into view as the truck roared onwards.

"I see it!" cheered Kyle, smiling wide. "I see the base!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"We understand" Emily said to Carmichael. "I will pass the word to the others. You have my word that my kids and I will be of no trouble to you. We'll keep out of the way and will help out how ever we can."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho watches Hector out of the corner of his eye.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
The vehicles proceeded north across the road. There were buildings along it to the right, as well as more on both sides of the Roundtop Road further north. A smaller road branched off to the left, leading into a neighborhood filled with off-base housing. Shortly past that, another road led to the right. A large lot with a building in it was northeast of the intersection, just outside the perimeter fence. The fence itself was made of steel and topped with razor wire.

"Thank you, ma'am," replied Carmichael on the CB. "Now, there may be more conditions that the CO insists on if he agrees to let you in, but here are some for starters. First, everyone who enters must agree to being placed under military command. All civilians will be required to obey orders from any and all military personnel, even the lowliest airman. Nobody will go anywhere without official permission. Any deviation from these instructions may be met with the use of force. Everyone will be placed in quarantine initially for testing and observation, at least overnight. Once cleared, you will all be assigned duties. All civilians must surrender all of their weapons and ammunition to base personnel before being allowed into the base. They will be returned to you eventually - except for anything that is military property. I need you to make sure that everyone with you understands these rules, and that they agree to them if they wish to enter the base."
OOC,Whoever posts first, please make another group Luck roll, again looking for 69 or less. Everyone may also roll Spot Hidden at 3/5 skill again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I really need to stop rolling group luck rolls!

As they drove towards the gates, the groups luck ran out. Emily was deep in though talking to Carmichael and did not notice anything.

"Those rules are fine by me, sir. I just need someplace safe for my kids and I. We'll do what ever we can to help."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor muttered, "I am keeping my damm weapon."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho spots something. What that?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted: Er, I mean: Oh, dear. :cry:
On the road-
As the truck approached the intersection with Randall Road, Kyle didn't notice anything at first. He didn't see the zombies until he was in their midst. He cried out in alarm, swerving crazily but rolling the vehicle. Fortunately, he wasn't hurt too badly. Lauren didn't freak out when she saw the zombies all around, but she shrieked when the pickup truck rolled over. She too avoided the worst of it, but she was still a little injured. Emily also was protected inside the cab, though she was still banged up too. The truck landed upside-down, but everyone in the cab remained held in place by their seatbelts.

Victor wasn't hurt as badly as he could have been, but he was in a bad position in the bed of the truck. He was thrown free instead of being pinned underneath it. which hurt him pretty badly, aggravating his already severe injuries. Worse still, he was right near the small group of zombies that had been marching down Randall Road towards Warren Air Force Base. There were only three within sight, but they all turned from their course and came for him.

In the Escalade, Alfredo didn't see the zombies either until they were right on top of him. With perfect cool, he hit the brakes to avoid the flipped truck only to collide with a zombie. It was knocked down temporarily, but it wasn't badly damaged. The same could not be said for the left front tire, which hissed as it was punctured. The SUV sank on the left side as it ground to a halt.

Kathryn and Cynthia had a front row seat to the horror before them, but Ho saw them quite clearly from the middle row. So did Hector, who screamed his head off. He soon recovered and began to curse profusely in Spanish.

Ho Nguyen,[b]Ho[/b] also noticed another three zombies, further to the northwest on Randall Road. They too were heading this way and would arrive soon.
OOC,Everyone roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. [b]Kathryn[/b]'s previous temporary insanity is over. Since she lost a total of 6 Sanity for seeing zombies so far, she can lose at most 4. Any loss of more than 4 only counts as 4, so she won't go temporarily insane this time. [b]Ho[/b] lost 8 Sanity for seeing them earlier, so he can lose at most 2. [b]Victor[/b] lost 2, so he can lose at most 8. [b]Victor[/b], you also need to roll CON x 5 to avoid going unconscious. If you stay sane and awake, you may act. The zombies are at normal range, but two of them will get to attack you this round if you remain where you are. [b]Cynthia[/b] does not need to roll Sanity, as she has already lost 10 from seeing zombies.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Shit!" Emily exclaimed, terrified that she and her kids were not in danger. She very quickly scanned the area for the weapons that had been flung about in the crash. "Quickly, grab the guns and let's get out of here. He have to make it to the Air Force Base gate.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Emily Montrose,Everyone's weapons were still secured about their persons. [b]Emily[/b] could also see three more zombies heading down Randall Road from the northwest. They were coming towards the base as well and would arrive at the truck soon. [spoiler]I still need a Sanity roll from you.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”