IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victor Gonzalez,You really don't know. :twisted: If you want to head off on your own, these are risks you'll have to consider. Keep in mind that you are currently badly injured and could use some medical attention. You know you can get that in the base. Whether or not you can get it outside is another matter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Thank you, Ms. Montrose," replied Carmichael. "I'd better go see my superiors now so that I'll have an answer for you by the time you reach the base. I'll give you back to Staff Sergeant Bloch now. Good luck."

"Ma'am, did you already turn left off of Route 85?" asked Bloch. "If you're still heading for Cheyenne, you really need to take the first left available. Going anywhere near the city is dangerous in the extreme. If you did take that first left turn, then you should be on Route 223 now, and you'll want to look for a turnoff for I-25. It'll be on your right eventually, past some train tracks. There should be a road sign somewhere."

The vehicles continued down the road. A winding road led off to the right, but there was no sign visible, so they continued past it. The road they were on curved around to the southwest and crossed a railroad track. Just ahead was a T-interesection, where the road continued straight and branched off to the right. Emily caught a glimpse of a sign in the glow of the headlights. It was for I-25, and it indicated that they should turn right.
OOC,Whover posts first, please make another Luck roll for the group. You need a 69 or less. Also, everyone may roll Spot Hidden at 3/5 skill again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

McCoy keeps her eyes open as they pass the rail-road tracks. "What was that?"
She says, turning her head...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho doesn't see a thing.
Last edited by kouchpotato on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Kyle turned right. Ahead, the road passed under an overpass that was I-25. Entrance and exit ramps led to and from the elevated road, and Kyle turned onto the entrance ramp to I-25 North. Alfredo followed in the Escalade. The road was thankfully deserted, void of both life and unlife. Car wrecks littered it here and there, but it was a simple matter to steer around them. Looking out the window, Kathryn was able to see Polaris Ditch off to the left. It was connected via a waterway to Polaris Reservoir on the right side of the highway, which provided water for Cheyenne and its suburbs. The road continued northwards towards Cheyenne.

"How long do we stay on this road?" asked Kyle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the head set, Kat relays to Emily, " I just spotted the Polaris Ditch to the left. Are we on the right track?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I am a little confused with where we are going. On the previous page, Lauren told Kyle to take the next left on Route 85 and to get ahead of the other car. I assumed that Kyle did that since he is an NPC but I am not seeing any posts saying as much.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,He turned left in [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=99546#p99546]this post[/url], in the second line from the bottom. Recently, he turned right and got onto I-25, heading north towards the western part of Cheyenne.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,Okay. That means we are going the right way per the directions given to us by Carmichael, correct?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that's right, though I think it was [b]Bloch[/b] who originally gave you the directions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Kyle continued driving north on I-25. The vehicles passed a sign overhead that read:
Orchard Valley - 1 mile
Cheyenne - 2 miles
"What do I do?" Kyle asked Emily. "Which exit do I take?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Hang on Kyle. Let me ask Carmichael. Head towards Orchard Valley as we don't want to head into Cheyenne. " Emily said. She picked up the radio mic and pressed the transmision button: "Carmichael, this is Emily. Over. We are on I-25 and approaching have the option of heading towards Orchard Vallye or Cheyenne. Which way should we go. Over."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"This is Staff Sergeant Bloch, ma'am," said Bloch on the radio. "The colonel left to go speak to his superiors. You'll need to stay on I-25 and go past Orchard Valley; that exit only takes you to the east. There's another exit past there that will allow you to bypass Cheyenne and go around it to the west. You'll have to get on I-80 West, but you'll need to get off of it right away. A group that arrived here this afternoon went that way and was blocked by a multi-vehicle pileup, so they had to take the first exit ramp from I-80. That'll take you to Otto Road, heading southwest. You'll then need to turn right on Roundtop Road, which will take you north and eventually becomes an access road west of the base."

Kyle drove onwards, and soon the exit to Orchard Valley via West College Drive was within sight. The next exit, for I-80, was another mile away.
OOC,Whoever posts first, please make another group Luck roll, again looking for 69 or less. Everyone may also roll Spot Hidden at 3/5 skill again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn just concentrates on the tail lights of the truck, ahead. Missing any going-ons along the road. "Keep it in the road, Fredo... And have some distance to the truck, we don´t want to scape the paint, should we need to stop quickly."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Kyle drove past the Orchard Valley exit and kept going, passing a truck stop on the left. Soon the vehicles reached the cloverleaf that led to I-80. They swung around the loop and onto I-80 west, but it was a nightmare. Wrecked vehicles littered the roadway, and a massive pileup blocked the elevated highway completely a short distance past the off-ramp on the right side of the road. Emily could see a lone zombie on the exit ramp, wandering towards the highway. Kyle missed it and steered for the ramp. Lauren, on the other hand, saw it clearly. She kept her fears bottled up and pointed at it. "Kyle, look out!" she cried. Victor couldn't see it yet.

In the Escalade, Cynthia also saw the creature, but she had seen enough of them tonight that one more made little difference. "There's one of those things on the exit ramp!" she shouted.

"I don't see it," said Alfredo, peering into the darkness.

Ho also couldn't see it.
OOC,[b]Emily[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. Everyone else should probably roll too, as you're likely to see it soon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Watching the ramp up the free way, Kat stares at the awful being. Is that...? NO! It can´t be...But....
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily kept it together as the zombie came into view. "Be careful Kyle. The is a zombie ahead. Just steer around it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Okey-dokey," said Kyle. He drove onto the curving exit ramp, but he only saw the zombie when it was caught in the headlights right in front of him, and there was little room to manuever. Still he managed to expertly slip past it. Victor got a good look at the ghoul as the truck rolled past, and it reached for him uselessly. It turned to follow the truck as the Escalade bore down on it.

Kathryn was swamped with panic. Just when she thought her nightmare was coming to an end, it was starting all over again. She wanted nothing more than to get as far away from it as she could, but while she was squeezed in between Alfredo and Cynthia there was nowhere for her to go. Alfredo was absolutely calm. He threaded the needle and drove around the zombie, following the pickup truck down the ramp. It dwindled in the rear view mirror until it was out of sight.

Joey, Harvey, and Duncan had seen plenty of these things recently, so they were unfazed. Hector, on the other hand, was unnerved a little bit, but he didn't lose control of himself.

Both vehicles turned right onto the road leading southwest, which passed under I-80, soon leaving it behind.
OOC,I still need Sanity rolls for [b]Victor[/b] and [b]Ho[/b]. Also, whoever posts here first, make another group Luck roll, looking for 69 or less.
Kathryn McCoy,Your temporary insanity is a desire to flee in panic. Being in the Escalade as it drives away from the zombie does count as fleeing, so there's no need to try to get out, but feel free to roleplay your insanity. It lasts for eleven rounds, including the last one. Now that you're out of combat, those rounds will pass a lot faster. I'll let you know when you come around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”