IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 8:05 PM Mountain Time - SaveMart Convenience Store, 2 miles south of Ogallala, Nebraska
On the roof-
Almost everyone was gathered at the eastern end of the roof, at the rear of the convenience store. Kathryn McCoy stood alertly with her pistol gripped in her right hand, covering the accountant Harvey Bennish as he started to climb the ladder up to the roof, leaving behind the corpse of Bruno Sturgis. Kathryn's left arm still ached from the shrapnel wound she had taken during her rescue, and her psychological wounds still bothered her as well, though they had been soothed with the help of Emily Montrose, the psychiatrist from Chicago with a radio talk show. She had been the one who had brought Harvey to his senses, and she and her daughter Lauren stood near each other. Kyle Perkins, the farmer's son who had become an orphan only hours ago, was bandaging Joey Milano's gunshot wound. The mob boss had been shot in the back of the leg by the late Richard Saxon, who had immediately been gunned down by his protector Alfredo Bocelli and another of their companions, Duncan Jergens. Duncan had taken a bullet to the chest, and he was still trying to remove it and stop the bleeding.

Ho Nguyen, the owner of the store, was watching the new arrivals carefully. He had given Duncan the chest wound for shooting his employee Marcus Williams in the leg. Luckily, that wound wasn't bad at all, and Emily had managed to patch him up easily enough. Helen Stafford, his other employee, stood with her new friend Cynthia Louise, both of them carrying shotguns. Cynthia had arrived with Richard and Victor Gonzalez, another escaped convict who knew the bunch that had recently showed up.

The only person at the front of the roof was Victor's old prison buddy, Hector Salazar, who was still freaking out. "They're coming!" he cried as he ran around in a panic.

The patter of rain continued to fall on the roof and everyone on it. It was coming down harder now, leaking through the hole Marcus had made in the roof earlier and making the floor of the storage room below awash with water.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"This drizzle starts to bug me!" Kat retorts as she looks at the frantic Hector. "We´d better get down below again and sit this storm out. Or we all end up cold and tired. We can watch the entrances with a decent count of arms. I´m in favour of going back down, and I need to tend to my arm again. I guess we´ll have a better chance of fixing Duncan´s wound too, if we get cover. The point of being up here was to take down the zombies from a distance. Now that seems hard to accomplish. Better to reinforce the back door and stay away from windows. We might be able to get the barricade ready in the front too. Come on, every second counts here! Who´s in favour of cover and a dry place?" She doesn´t wait for a reply, "Alfredo, could you be so kind and pull the ladder up, so we can use it to descend the hole? No need to leave a way up for the dead heads... If we later need to evacuate, we´ll use the zip line." She watches the back of the store, through the rain gusts and the darkening evening for any disturbance of the battering rain.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus stood by the ladder ready to help Harvey topside as quickly as possible. Last thing he wanted was the man to freeze up again right there on the ladder half-way up. "Don't look back, mister... just keep climbin'," Marcus said to the man. "Might be wantin' to climb a little faster."

The big black man held his hand out for Harvey. "Take mah hand," he said encouragingly.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor gentley shut Richard's eyes and said, "Thanks buddy for what you did for me." He then stood up and said, "Kat's right. We will achive nothing by being wet, cold, and tired up here. Down below we can do shifts with those who are not working grabbing some shut eye."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"Kat's right." Emily said. "We'll get hypothermia if we stay out here all night. I suggest 3 hour watches of......" she glanes around to see who all has a rifle..."three. The rest of us can rest up, so we can take over when a watch is over."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen nods. Yeah, I agree. We go down, someone say up to watch. He points at Joey. Not you though or your men, I don't trust you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Harvey reached the top of the ladder and gripped Marcus by the hand, allowing the man to pull him onto the roof. "Thanks," he said, adjusting his glasses. "I thought I was done for."

"Just stick with us, Harv," said Alfredo, hoisting up the ladder. "You'll be fine." He leaned it against the inside edge of the hole in the roof, providing a way down to the storage room. "I agree, we should get inside."

Joey nodded. "Yes, let's get below." He glanced over to Duncan. "How are you holding up?"

"A little better," he grunted. He managed to extract the bullet and at least stop the bleeding.

"I can stand watch," said Kyle, standing tall. "I don't mind a little water. Lauren, you and your mom should get inside where it's safe."

Hector continued to run around in panic.
OOC,Decide who is staying on the roof and who is going down, and which order you want to go down in. If there is a dispute over who should go first, the NPCs will defer to [b]Ho[/b]'s wishes. Nobody else can try to bring [b]Hector[/b] out of his temporary insanity, as [b]Emily[/b] already tried and failed in Chapter 4. It will just have to finish running its course.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor eyed the criminals he knew and said, "If your all going down then go ahead..I am not about to turn my back on you."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks, Kyle" Emily said and gave him a hug. "We'll send someone up to relieve you in a bit. Here, take this helmet so you can communicate with all of us down stairs." She handed Kyle the helmet she had been wearing and then moved towards the ladder to see Lauren down, before heading down herself.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I´ll get down and secure the room for you guys!"
Kat will be the first to descend as she stated the purpose of going down. When down, she will cover the entrance from the front of the door, letting the others get down without being worried of being attacked.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus says, "I'll stay up here for the first watch with Kyle." He hoisted up his rifle and started peering into the darkness, shining his flashlight forward from the barrel so he could be ready to shoot what he sees.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the storeroom-
Kathryn reached the bottom of the ladder, splashing through the puddle and moving to the door. The hallway outside the storage room was clear too.

On the roof-
"I already got a helmet," said Kyle, tapping the one on his head. "Kathryn gave it to me."

Lauren hugged Kyle too. "Be careful, Kyle," she said. Then she moved to the ladder and started down it.

Duncan set to work cleaning his wound and stitching it up. He did it with masterful expertise.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor said, "Someone needs to keep an eye on the ladies. I will make it my job then." He moved to the ladder and began to climb down it.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Oh, right..." Emily said wit ha smile to Kyle as he pointed out the helmet he already has. "We'll keep this one, then, so we can communicate."
Emily headed down the ladder to be with her daughter.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,This update encompasses three minutes. Some players haven't posted, so I've gone ahead and updated anyway, assuming their characters do nothing. It's not generally a good idea to just stand there, so please post between updates if you can. Even if you don't want to do anything, you should post describing your inaction so I don't end up waiting unnecessarily.
On the roof-
As Lauren climbed down the ladder, Hector stopped running around and caught his breath. He trotted back over to the rear of the roof while Victor and Emily descended.

"Sorry, boss," said Hector as he approached Joey, his head low.

Joey put a hand on his shoulder. "Just make sure you keep it together next time," he said. "How are you doing, Duncan?"

"Much better," he said. "I'll take a look at your leg once I've finished sewing up my wound and we get downstairs."

Alfredo made sure his rifle was fully loaded as he peered out into the darkness. Joey swapped out his Glock's magazine for a full one.
OOC,Everyone still on the roof, roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill. If you have a flashlight (which only [b]Marcus[/b] does out of those who did not go down), this roll is at 2/5 skill instead. The base skill is 25% if it's not on your character sheet.
In the storeroom-
Lauren reached the bottom of the ladder and walked over to Kathryn at the door. "Hi," she said. "Scuse me, I gotta use the bathroom." She moved past her, into the short hall, and into the employees' bathroom on the other side, shutting the door after her. Victor reached the bottom of the ladder, followed by Emily.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen turns to Marcus. You see anything you yell for me. I keep eye on them. He points in Joey's general direction. He than climbs down the ladder.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat goes through the hallway and to the front room and halts by the counter, listeningfor any disturbance in the barricaded room. The only noise she hears is the one of scrambling feet against the rungs of the ladder. She keeps the 9mm raised, just in case.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily follows her daughter to the rest room, pistol in hand. She stands outside the door and says jokingly: "Don't plug the toilet"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden - failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2260889/](2/5ths of Spot Hidden of 53 = 21.2%) (1d100=63)[/url]
Marcus nodded to Ho, "Will do, boss." He looked out into the dismally dark and stormy surrounding, wondering from where their next attack would be coming. He decided to keep his eyes mostly looking in the direction where the last bunch came from. "Don't see nothin' yet," he commented to Kyle.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor said, "Okay lets check the baraccades down here and then we need to grab some shut eye and maybe some food."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”