IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 10:13 PM Mountain Time - Chalk Bluff Road, 4 miles south and 1 mile east of Cheyenne, Wyoming
On the road-
Following Harvey's directions, Alfredo was able to drive the Escalade to Wyoming, with Kyle following in the pickup truck. Both vehicles were westbound on Chalk Bluff Road, a few miles north of the Colorado border. A bump in the road startled Cynthia and Ho out of their naps. It was hard to see much out the window in the darkness, but Harvey knew where they were going.

"We're getting closer to the base," he said. "We're almost up to the junction with Route 85 now. That goes north and south, and we'll want to go north. South is the wrong way, and there's no way to work our way around from that direction without going far out of our way. Unfortunately, that means we're going to have to pass through Cheyenne's suburbs, so we may run into trouble."

"I'll get us through," said Alfredo. "Kathryn, maybe you should get in touch with Emily and have her call into the base now."
OOC,Whoever posts first, please make a group Luck roll. This is a roll against the average Luck score of all of the characters, which in this case is 69. Everyone may also roll Spot Hidden at 3/5 skill, as the headlights are on.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn checks the surroundings as they take right in the junction. She fails to see anything in the temporary illuminated area next to the cars. She feels that they have luck on their side, though.
"Dum, dum, dum, dum-dum..." She hums.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Emily was alert as they began to move towards the subburbs of Cheyeanne, however, she was not able to spot anything in the darkness.

Emily keyed the mic in the pickup truck: "Warren Airforce Base, this is Emily Montrose and company. Over. We are truning north on Route 85. Over. Wish us luck in circumventing the subburbs."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Alfredo drove onwards, reaching a T-junction with a road going north and south, apparently Route 85, where he turned right. Kyle followed in the pickup truck. Emily could see that the road was clear in both directions.

"Roger that, ma'am," replied Sergeant Bloch. "You don't want to get too close to Cheyenne, or you'll run into trouble. You need to turn off to the west beforehand. In about one mile you'll come to Route 223. If you turn left there, that will eventually take you to I-25. If you miss that turnoff, you'll have to turn left on Route 212 some two miles later and take that to I-25. That's a faster route, but you'd be getting too close to Cheyenne for comfort, so you'll want to take the first turn if you can. There are problems later, but I can guide you through them. I've got Lt. Colonel Carmichael with me. He's in charge of communications, and you'll need to make your case to him as to why you should be allowed on the base. Then he'll need to convince the CO."

"Go ahead, Ms. Montrose," said an older male voice on the radio. "This is Carmichael. I can hear you."
OOC,That Spot Hidden roll actually succeeded, because with the headlights on it was at 3/5 skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Did you get those directions, Kyle?" Emily said before speaking into the mic.

Emily fell back on her years of experience hosting a syndiacted radio program as she spoke to Carmichael. "Hi Carmichael. Should I call you just 'Carmichael' or would you prefer 'Lt. Col. Carmichael' or 'Mr. Carmichael'?" she asked. "I'm sure you go your hands full over there as it is so I will try and be quick: We are road weary, hungry and mentally exhausted. We've been forced to face, not only these zombies, but the worst of human kind. None of us have been bitten or injured by the beasts our there."
Leaning close to the mic and speaking quietly to Carmichael: "I've got my two kids with me and we've experienced more than a child should ever have to. Please, I beg you, let us in. We NEED your help. We NEED the security. These kids NEED a break from all of this. A place to lay thier head down and just rest."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho stares blankly as they drive along.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the Escalade
"Just stay clear of Cheyenne, will you Alfredo? There´s supposed to be some problem with the city. Guess it´s filled with those walkers..." Kathryn says as she looks out the side window.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"I...think so," said Kyle, "but I don't know where we are. I'm just following the other guys."

"I'll help you out," said Lauren. "You'll need to turn left the next chance you get. You should pass the SUV so they can follow us."

"Oh, okay."

"Mr. Carmichael will do fine," replied Carmichael. "I appreciate what you've been through, ma'am, but it isn't my decision. I'm going to need to sell this to my commanding officer. Even lieutenant colonels have to take orders. Now, how many people are in your group, and what does each of you do? Do any of you have any special skills that could prove useful? I understand there's an air traffic controller with you."

In the Escalade, Cynthia blinked and rubbed her eyes. She turned to Kathryn. "Where are we?" she asked, stifling a yawn.

"We're a few miles away from Warren AFB," said Harvey from the back.

The pickup truck drove past the Escalade on the left. Up ahead was an intersection with another road that branched off to the left. Kyle turned off onto that road.

"No problem, Kathryn," said Alfredo, following the pickup truck around the corner. "I guess they're in contact with the base now and are getting directions."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn can´t help but yawning too. She has a vague idea that she drowsed off by the monotonous drive. She´s alerted by Harvey´s reply from the back. "Yes, that´s probably so... I´m losing my concentration here. Too many hours on this shift."

Over the comm, she says "Emily, did you get directions al right? We´re at your six. Tell the contact that we have two vehicles and are armed. We´ll be an addition to whatever defences they have at the moment. We might be civilians but we can help out. Have the radio command tried to contact the Nebraska State trooper, helicopter pilot, Erica Spears bound for Omaha? She has the information about the antidote, or at least the formula."

She clicks off and asks Joey, "Mr Milano, have you any information we can use to talk our way inside the base? I´m absolutely sure they´ll be adamant with IDs when we´re passing the gates. No doubt you must have some kind of leverage to get in? Withholding our identities will be contra productive, I believe..."
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor said, "I ain't giving up my weapons on the base. I will not do that. If they want my help they get me and my weapons otherwise I am walking off and surviving out of jail thank you very much"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Speaking to Kat via radio: "Yes. We have some new directions that will lead us around Cheyanne. We have not yet been granted access to the base yet. They would like to know if any of us have any special skills that would suppliment their crew at the base. Take note of what everyone is good at in your car and get back to me."

Returning to the CD where she is in contact with Carmichael: "Mr. Carmichael is it then. Nice to meet you. My name is Emily Montrose. With me is my daughter Lauren and my son Kyle. I'm a professional psycologist who is fluent in several languages including French, Spanish and Latin. I am aldo proficient in the perscibing of medicines for various ailments and have a stong background in medicine.
As for Kyle and Lauren, they are both highschool kids. They are hard workers who have knowledge in a broad number of subjects. Being a farm boy, Kyle can operate and fix most any piece of machinery. On top of that, he's been hunting all of his life so he can track an animal and is a great marksman."
"You are correct about having an aircrat controller with is. Kat was a controller at an airbase before it was overun."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Myself, I´m good with electronics and I´m quite good at programming. Regarding the others...I´ll have a check. I´ll get back ASAP." Kat says over the comm. In the Escallade, she asks the men around her, "So, what qualifications are we boosting here? What can I forward as professional skills for you, gentlemen?"
She eyeballs Alfredo. "Why would they want you on the base, what can you offer?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Kyle puffed up with pride when Emily sang his praises. "I'm really strong too," he said.

"I'm okay at science," added Lauren.

"A psychologist, and with medical skills?" said Carmichael, sounding pleased. "Now that will be very useful. Probably even moreso than an air traffic controller, given what's happened today. Is it just the four of you?"

Kyle drove onwards, passing a few smaller roads leading off. Emily could see that they were entering a residential area, although one without many houses. Everything seemed deserted.

"I'm a very good shot," said Alfredo to Kathryn in the Escalade as he followed Kyle's pickup truck. "You've seen that yourself. Not a bad driver either. I'm a great guy to have on your side in a fight, and that should be reason enough for them to want me."

"I've got a real head for business," said Joey. "I'm a shrewd negotiator with leadership skills. I'm very accurate with a pistol too. I don't have any inside connections on the base. They may ask our names, but how could they verify them? None of my people are carrying identification. We didn't exactly have time to gather it. Pretty reasonable under the circumstances. Harvey here is an accountant, and a damn good one. He'll be great at business too."

"I can also program computers pretty well," said Harvey.

"I have some very useful medical skills," said Duncan.

"I'm a kick-ass fighter," said Hector. "What more do you want?"

"I'm a...uh, dancer," said Cynthia, uncertainly. "They might want someone to, uh, entertain the men."

"You can entertain me anytime, chiquita," said Hector with a leer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho shrugs. I manage store, not sure how that help.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Should I assume that I did or did not hear the above from Kat? This was told to Kat, so I will assume that I should let Kat tell me this.

"I am sure that all of us will be a big help. The more level heads, the better, right?" Emily said. "The 4 of us are in one car and there is another group of survivors that we met up with last night. They are in a car following us. I am in radio contact with them and am awaiting an update regarding what skills they can contribute to the good of the group."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

From the Escalade, Kat reports on the specialities of the passengers, "We have a perfect bodyguard, who´s an able marksman. Also we have four businessmen, their abilities range between negotiation, accounting and computer programming as well as tending to a store. To bring up the rear we have a bouncer and a professional dancer, both who knows how to sue their bodies the best they can. It´s a motley crew but if there´s any need for some sharp minds over at the base, we can bring them. With the fire power to go with the wits." She counts and gets the total of eight in the car. "Six corporate men and myself plus Cynthia. That totals twelve, all in all en route to WAFB. Over!" Kat clicks off and waits in silence.
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor said to those who could hear him in the truck, "I cannot contribute anything except to being locked up. Tell you what let me lead you to where the money is buried. There is a safehouse near there that we can hole up in. It will be alot safer then being with the millitary pukes. What do you say?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Kyle drove onwards through the residential area, passing some more smaller roads. The houses got fewer and further between.

"What good is money any more?" said Lauren. "We need a place where we can truly be safe."

"Um, can you ask where the road where I'm supposed to turn is?" asked Kyle.

"Okay, thanks," said Carmichael on the radio. "I'll hold until you find out, Ms. Montrose."

In the Escalade, Alfredo continued to follow the pickup truck.
Victor Gonzalez,There is no actual safehouse near the money, just so you know. It's buried in a park not far west of Warren AFB, away from any houses. It's okay if you're lying about the safehouse to the others, but don't expect to find one there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily keyed the mic to WAFB: "Mr. Carmichael, this is Emily Montrose. We are traveling though the residential area outside of Cheyanne. Where do we need to turn? Over. I have a report from the other car: Were are several white collar folks in that vehicle.They will be a big asset in inventory management and other logistical needs. A few of them are well versed in the usre of firearms and can help with any defenses if needed."

Turning towards Victor: "Victor, as I've said through the night and as Lauren just said; money does not have any currency anymore. If we need something to start a fire with, I'll ask you to show me where the money is. Don't worry, we'll get you in the base and you'll be fine."
Last edited by ryansommer on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,What are the chances that 1) if Victor leaves the bad guys follow him to the money and 2) if he leaves he can survive on his own? Will he meet others out there that can help him?

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”