IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-JUNO-A Dark and Stormy Night(Everyone)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat becomes rapidly more worried that she might not get up in time, so she pulls the safety off the 9mm and steadies herself against the wall and waits for the inevitable onrush of zombies. "Get up there, you two!"She croaks at Emily and the younger Cynthia. "We´re right behind you..."
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Forget the weapons and shooting these bastards. Marcus' priority is getting everyone up to the roof so he can haul up the ladder before they are all at risk. If he assists, then they should get some kind of climb bonus so they don't have to worry about people falling off the ladder every round, right?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Emily grabbed the ladder again and began to climb. She progressed slowly up the ladder and tears formed in her eyes; 'I'm going to get these people killed' she thought to herself.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat looks down on the flooring.
Spoiler:
Will she be able to get floor boards open and escape down the crawlspace? A few shots at the boards - or simply use the crowbar to get a way out. The options are running away, now! Cynthia after Emily...Then Kathryn. And Victor plus Ho. The zombies are thrashing at the barricades and on the back door. There will not be time for all to climb! And if Kat´s right about one thing, Ho is not going to be the last one up the ladder...
Praying for a respite, Kat tries to get the flooring open with the crowbar. That is if there´s not a cellar trap door here in the storage room?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], since you're trying to assist people climbing the ladder, here's how it will work: when someone climbing fails a DEX x 5 roll (a regular failure, not a critical failure), then you can dangle yourself down the hole and try to grab the person. This requires first a DEX x 5 roll of your own to grab onto him or her. A critical failure here means you fall in and must roll Jump to avoid being injured. If your DEX x 5 roll succeeds, then you must roll on the Resistance Table for your STR against the person's SIZ. You can go ahead and try this now, since [b]Emily[/b] failed her DEX roll. She has SIZ 11, which gives you an 80% chance at the Resistance Table if your DEX x 5 roll succeeds. If you succeed at both rolls, you pull her onto the roof. [b]Kathryn[/b], you also forgot [b]Helen[/b]. There are six of you in the storeroom. There are no floorboards; the floor is solid concrete. There is a storm cellar beneath the store, but from what you were told earlier the storm doors are outside, behind the store. You can spend the round searching for some other possible way out by rolling Spot Hidden. Also, roll Idea. Everyone else in the store can roll Idea as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Rolls: "Dammit, bloody concrete slab!"
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor stood at the ready in the hallway trying to keep Ho concentrated in the task at hand. He said, "I have an idea!"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Slippery little gal,Try to grab - [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2294245/]Dex x5 (65%) (1d100=76)[/url] failed
Marcus dangles downward and attempts to grab on to Emily's wrist, but he missed... feeling her skin just under his fingertips. "Dang it... grab on to me, I'll haul you up!"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: How far is Emily from getting to the top? Is she better off just finishing the climb and helping otehrs up?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Joey fired at the uninjured zombie at the back door with his Glock. It was so close he couldn't miss, and the bullet punched through its jaw. Hector blew its head clean off with a fourth buckshot shell. Duncan fired his last bullet, hitting the zombie he had wounded earlier in the head and taking it down. He then quickly slipped another .38 round into an empty chamber.

Lauren took aim at the head of one of the three zombies closing in on the back door, and this time her shot struck home, but the bullet did minimal damage. "Mom, hurry!" she cried.

"Good shot, Lauren!" said Kyle. He shot it in the head too and finished it off. "We make a good team."

Joey fired twice more at one of the two remaining zombies at the back as they lumbered towards the back door. He hit with both bullets, but he barely nicked it. The ghouls reached the back door, and the others at the front were no longer visible.
OOC,The two zombies at the back are now at point blank range. [b]Marcus[/b], you can go ahead and roll DEX x 5 and make the Resistance Table roll in case [b]Emily[/b] fails again.
In the storeroom-
Kathryn tried to fight off the growing panic she felt. Again she was in a desperate situation, and again her brain failed her. At least her eyes were still working. She easily spotted a ventilation grille near the ceiling on the left wall, towards the back of the storeroom. It was too high to reach from the floor, but it might be possible to climb a nearby set of shelves and get to it. It would not be trivial to force it open, however, especially with her injured arm. It would also be a tight squeeze.

Emily made it almost halfway up the ladder, but the slippery rungs slowed her progress. Marcus tried to pull her up from above, but couldn't quite reach her.
OOC,[b]Emily[/b], you may go ahead and try DEX x 5 again to reach the top. Anyone else currently in the storeroom may attempt to climb up to the vent by rolling Climb once [b]Kathryn[/b] points it out, but only one person may try this and this will be your action for the entire round. The base skill is 55%. Whoever hasn't yet rolled Idea may do so now.
In the short hall-
Victor looked around, but Ho had already gone through the door into the storeroom, leaving him alone in the hall as the pounding continued. While he stood there in thought, the zombies at the back smashed the barricade badly. Bags of dog food were punched open and sent flying, and the box on top of the filing cabinet was broken apart. The cabinet itself was dented, and it would only hold for seconds longer. Back at the front of the store was another massive crashing sound, though the falling shelves were out of his line of sight. He did, however, see zombies clambering over the fallen barricade that he could see and making their way across the store towards him, as well as the two at the back.
OOC,[b]Victor[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you remain sane, you may act freely. The zombies at the back are at point blank range, but the ones in front are at normal range if you wish to take a shot.
Victor Gonzalez,[b]Victor[/b] realized that there was almost no way everyone was going to make it up to the roof in time, but there might be a chance to buy enough time for more people to escape before it was too late. The storeroom door looked fairly sturdy, so it should hold up for a minute or two if closed and locked. A hasty barricade could then be added by using the boxes in the storeroom. He could retreat into the storeroom and shut the door behind him right now with no difficulty. Another alternative would be to remain in the hall and tell the others inside the room to do this. He would be sacrificing his life, but there was a good chance he could save everyone else by delaying the zombies.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hey, guys! Thers´s another way out! Up here..." Kat pauses as she keeps her body at a stretched arm´s length from the body of the shelves. She reaches a good position to get to the grille and it looks safe enough to sit on to have a stab at prying it open.
Might be some protection against those munching freaks - being perched up here as well...
When she gets an opportunity she will proceed. Her breathing is slowing down as a result of the effortless climb.
"...Helen! Up here!"
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor saw the zombies coming but was not phased a bit as he had seen worse things in prison.

Mr Handy,If I chosoe to sacrifice Victor, are there other characters I can pick up to take on in Juno? For instance the crimminals who just came in late last chapter are they free to play now?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily failed yet again to climb the ladder. She reached up to grab Marcus's hand

OOC: Jesus! This is getting silly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The base skill for Climb is 40%. I don't know why I typed 55 and didn't even realize I had done it. You still succeeded by a wide margin. There's only enough room up on the shelving for one person at a time. Next turn you'll have a chance to pry it open, but it won't be much of one. [b]Marcus[/b], you can go ahead and make your rolls to try to help [b]Emily[/b].
Victor Gonzalez,If you die (whether or not you sacrifice yourself), there are other characters in Juno you could take over. [b]Lauren[/b] and [b]Kyle[/b] are both available. Playing one of the surviving criminals is also an option, but I do have to warn you that most of them are pretty low on Sanity at this point. Not [b]Colin Lewis[/b] low, but still... In any case, it's up to you whether to sacrifice your life to try to save the others, or to try to save yourself and risk everyone's life. Don't let the availability of other characters influence you here. Just decide whether or not it is something [b]Victor[/b] would do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho solemnly listens to the zombie crawl into his store. Victor. Give me your pistol. Take my rifle. You make it to roof. They need to pay for those goods they damaged.
Last edited by kouchpotato on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,I am still thinking about it. If I have not posted by the time you are ready to update Juno give me a PM and I will post at that point.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus stretched and reached as far as his large black arm could reach and snatched ahold of Emily's wrist. "Girl, if this were Survivor, I'd be voting you off the island," Marcus tries to jest as he starts hauling her up. With his strength, she poses little challenge to the big black man. His hand slips a little from losing traction with all the rain water, but he grabs on better with the help of his free hand and pulls her clear to the roof.

Without missing a beat, Marcus turned back to his stomach and urged the next one up ready to grab ahold if he needed to.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks, Marcus, you're a life saver... litterally." Emily says as she draws her pistol and moves to the rook over looking the back of the store. She prepares to take aim.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emily[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the zombies.
Victor Gonzalez,I'm ready to update now, and there's no need for a PM. You're the only one I'm waiting for. Don't wait too long to make your decision, or I'll go ahead and update anyway. Remember that your character has only seconds to decide. You're lucky that you've had days to think about it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor did not want to die yet so he ran into the storeroom and slammed the door locking it. "That should keep them for a couple of minutes. Somebody hand me a couple of boxes to make a quick barricade Hurry!"

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”