OOC-Chapter 5-Dead of Night-General Discussion

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: OOC-Chapter 5-Dead of Night-General Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

Okay, have fun! Thanks for letting me know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

I'm away for a week.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks for letting me know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Due to intermittent Internet problems which were really bad tonight, I was unable to update. I'll do so on Thursday night if it's at all possible, so please post if you haven't done so already.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unfortunately, I had another Internet outage for the fourth night in a row, so I won't be able to update tonight either. I plan to update most sections on Friday night provided my connection stays up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Funny, I hadn't had a moment or two to check for new messages on any of my games on here in about a week or more ... and nothing really had moved along. Don't know if I should be relieved, or disturbed... but better to have the slow pace now while life is so busy than later when I'm bored silly.

I'll stick with it no matter what - so long as you keep coming back Mr. Handy, I'll be here waiting for you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks. I think what's happening now is just the normal seasonal slowdown. This seems to happen every year in June, July, and August. I think we can finish Chapter 5 by the end of July, and I plan to start Chapter 6 in early September.

I've updated Gold and Juno, and I intend to update Sword and Omaha on Saturday,
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yup, it´s that damned lawn that keeps needing to get moved. And the hedge has to be trimmed! All those things. I´ll be able to sneak off tonight and do some mercy posting. :D
Cheers, all!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome to Trott, who is taking over the characters of Raquel Orozco, Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan, and Diana Forester!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I will be going to a convention from July 7-11 and I won't have Internet access then (or time to use it even if I did). I will, however, be off from work before that starting on July 3, so I'll have more time to post then. I'm also going to be on vacation in Vancouver from July 29-August 9, and I don't expect to have Internet access then either. I will have more time to post on August 10-15, as I'll be off from work for the remainder of that week. Most of the people whose games I'm in are in one or both of my games, so this will serve as notice for them of my impeding absences. I had hoped to finish Chapter 5 by the time I left at the end of July, but some of the sections will probably not conclude until mid-August.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Mr Handy may I announce my upcoming game on this thread as well?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sure, you can discuss whatever you like in this thread. That's what it's for.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Okay i am plannning to start a new game soon and I am recruting players. I have 4 players now and would like at least 1 more but will take more then that. Below is a rough outline of a story. The background is simple. A terrorist group known as The Sons of Liberty has hurt the US after they helped assassinate President Obama, Vice President Biden, Speaker of the House Pelesi and then helped set up a millitary backed cabel called The Directory which has imposed martial law. Our heros will attempt to use wormholes to go into the future and the past and find out where the Sons of Liberty intends to strike next so that the US Goverment can stop them in thier tracks. Of course things will go haywire and the group will end up traveling into the past and maybe into the future. I will draw up characters but at this point am looking for about 4-5 dedicated players and there may be room for more. So if you are interested please post below or pm me. This will be kind of like a mix between Sliders and Stargate.

Date: May 24, 2015
Time: 5:00 PM
Place: Department of Homeland Security, Washington DC

Professor Martin Brooks of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute stepped out of his cab into the sultry heat of an early DC evening. He was tired having taught that morning and been called down to the Department around noon traveling since then. As he walked into the Department, his eyes caught the latest headlines blaring about an attack by the Army of God on a munitions train bound for Los Angeles. He silently wished that The Directory was able to do something to stop this terrorist group and he longed for the days of democratic elections and not having to carry an ID card everywhere you went. Stepping into the air conditioned building he went through the usual security check and then was met by Agent William Howe of the CIA Directorate of Science and Technology and Captain Neil Strauss of the US Marine Corps. They led him to a conference room, offered him water, and then Agent Howe said,

“Well Professor this meeting is off the record. We have met with several of your colleagues along with reading your writings and the US government is intrigued by your theory of Wormhole Observing. So to make this simple and sweet. Do you truly believe that with the proper government funding you can form a team and make this occur?”

Professor Brooks smiled and said, “Yes I can.”

Captain Strauss then said, “Well then you may be the man we are looking for. We have taken your theories and tried to put them into practice but have not been successful so far. We need you to take a leave of absence, recruit a team, and then with our backing and funding prove your theories. Would you be interested in this job?”

Professor Brooks grinned again and nodded.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

You know, that sounds pretty cool. Is it going to be horror-based, or sci-fi like it seems? What system do you plan on using?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

It is going to be more sci fi. Using the Call of Cthulhu system but not planning to bring in monsters unless.....we end up either in the future, on some planet..or fuck up some how the past aka butterfly effect and go to a alternate future where Cthulhu monsters rule. But right now this plans to be a long term game for me so many adventures...many areas of time.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

How fast is the posting rate?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

I intend to post a major update at least once a week but life always take precidence first with me and my players. If you cannot post for some reason and you let me know, either your character will not do anything during that turn or if we are in a fight I will roll for you to avoid you getting killed or hurt. I am a very sympathic GM.
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by Trott »

Mr. Handy, just to let you know I'll be out of town until next Monday, so I won't be able to access the internet.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks for letting me know. I won't have Internet access either until Sunday night, but I can update Sword one last time before I go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Yeah man ... I can live with that posting rate. If you are still taking players Mr. Zombie Killer, just let me know and I'll be glad to oblidge. Prerolled characters available?

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”