IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Katarina/Dan/Julie)

Post by ryansommer »

"Uh... oh!" Sally says playfully to Dan as he hefts her up the ladder. "I said help, not man handle me." she says with a wry smile as she stroked his shoulders. Once on the roof, she slid over towards Katrina: "You must be freezing. I know I am"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the ranger station, ground level-
Mutt shrugged. "Your funeral," he said. He and Dan ran towards the van.

Outside the van-
Mutt arrived at the van a few seconds ahead of Dan and circled around the back. Dan got there shortly afterwards, around the front, just in time to see Mutt sliding the van's side door closed. There was no sign of anyone else near the van. "False alarm," said Mutt into his radio. "Must have been a wild animal. We're heading back." He nodded to Dan. "Let's go."
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Spot Hidden at 2/3 skill again.
Outside the ranger station, balcony level-
Nitro heard Mutt on the radio and went back inside.

Ghost emerged from the darkness and reached the bottom of the stairs.

In the ranger station-
Julie looked up when Nitro came back inside. "It was nothing," he told her. "You can go on up now."

"Um, okay," said Julie. She too scaled the ladder.

On the roof-
Deadeye continued to scan the western horizon through his scope, even though Mutt had given the all clear.

Doc gave Sally a quick kiss as he set her down carefully on her own feet. "Allow me," he said, laying out a blanket and then helping her sit on it. He wrapped another over her shoulders, and the third blanket he gave to Katarina.

Katarina smiled at Sally. "Yes, is getting cold," she said, shivering and snuggling into the blanket as she wrapped herself in it and sat down beside Sally.

Julie climbed onto the roof and made her way over to Sally and Katarina, but remained on her feet. "Hey, ladies," she said.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Spot Hidden at 1/3 skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Voodoo »

Spot Hidden Roll,IC is down but I hand rolled an 11
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the van-
Dan Aldrich,Peering into the woods to the west, [b]Dan[/b] could make out three attractive young women running away from the van as if their lives depended on it, scurrying through the trees a few dozen yards to the west. Two were blonde, and the third was Hispanic with dark hair. All of them wore only skimpy lingerie and were barefoot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Realizing that if he drew attention to the women Mutt and the others would probably just kill everyone, Dan decided to keep his mouth shut. As much as he wanted to help them, the women were on their own...At least for now. Turning back, Dan heads towards his truck to check its tires and such to make sure there weren't any visible problems, before heading back upstairs.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the dark of the roof, Sally was unable to spot anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mutt pulled out his radio as he jogged with Dan on his way back to the station. "Ghost, meet me at our pickup truck," he said into it. Ghost stopped near the bottom of the stairs and headed off to the east of the station, where the white pickup truck was parked. Mutt ran past the stairs leading back up and joined him. Dan inspected his and Julie's green pickup, which was still parked near the base of the stairs. The tire pressure looked good on all four tires, and everything seemed in working order.

In the ranger station-
Nitro followed Julie up the ladder, admiring her rear while he climbed.

On the roof-
Katarina peered out into the night, but it was too dark to see anything. Julie couldn't see a thing either, but Doc had good night vision. He sat down beside Sally and put an arm around her, smiling. "Everything's going to be all right," he assured her.

Nitro hauled himself onto the roof and took a look around, but saw nothing of interest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

After checking over his truck, Dan slowly made his way back towards the stairs. He tried to go as slow a possible without looking suspicious, To hopefully see what Mutt was up to. If Mutt and Ghost were leaving this might be their chance to take care of Nitro and the other one.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I hope so" Sally said to Doc, not quite sure what he meant but appreciative of his optimism.
With the cold biting at her wearly body, Sally sunk deeply into her blanket. As she did, she reached into her waist band and pulled out the Sig Saur she had snuck from Felicia's body. She moved the gun into her lap. Seeing Julie arrive on the roof: "Come on over and get warm, Julie."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dan slowly climbed the stairs, taking his time as he went. He could see the shadowy figures of Mutt and Ghost at their white pickup truck. "Get in," said Mutt, unlocking the doors. "I'll drive." Both men got into the truck and the engine started up. The headlights came on.

Outside the ranger station, balcony level-
By the time Dan reached the balcony, the white pickup had pulled out and was now rolling away to the west. It went around the back of the van and into the woods beyond it.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Spot Hidden at 2/3 skill.
On the roof-
Doc kissed Sally on the neck, and then nuzzled her ear.
Sally,[b]Doc[/b] whispered into [b]Sally[/b]'s ear: "The girls escaped from the van and into the woods."
Julie nodded and huddled close to Sally and Katarina for warmth. "Thanks," she said.

Deadeye kept watching the woods to the west through his scope. Nitro stood near the east side of the roof, his back to the edge and his AK-47 in his hands. He looked carefully around.

"Mutt and I are going to patrol the area," said Ghost's voice from the radios. "We'll be back in a while. Hold down the fort while we're gone, and stay in touch."
OOC,[b]Sally[/b] and [b]Katarina[/b], roll Spot Hidden at 1/3 skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Spot Hidden Failed,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2344626/
Dan heads into the station and yells up to the roof, "Hey Doc, Can you come take a look at my ankle, I twisted it and I think its starting to swell." Dan sits in a chair and pretends that his ankle is bothering him while he waits on Doc.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally shivers: "Brrr" she says as she puts some of the blanket over Julie. As she does, she slips the Sig Sauer into her lap.
Sally attempts to scan the area to see what all the fuss is about, but does not see anything
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"On my way!" called Doc. He reluctantly tore himself away from Sally and climbed back down the ladder.

Deadeye continued to peer through the scope, but he saw nothing of note. Neither did NItro.

Katarina looked around and gasped suddenly. She jumped to her feet, pointing to the south. "I see some of them coming!" she cried. "They're a long way off and moving slow, but they're coming."

"Where?" asked Deadeye, turning to look. "I don't see nothin'."

Julie looked too, but she couldn't see anything either.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden at 1/3 skill again.
In the ranger station-
Doc reached the bottom of the ladder and walked over to the chair where Dan sat.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Following the gaze of Katarina, Sally was able to spot what Katarina saw.
Last edited by ryansommer on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Doc, Listen this could be our only chance to get rid of these guys. We gotta kill the two before the others return. They went after the girls from the van." Dan whispers to Doc while pretending to show his injury, "If we get rid of them now then we can try and rescue the girls."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Keep looking!" begged Katarina. "Shoot them! Hurry! They get closer!"

"You better not be pullin' our legs," said Deadeye. "Where are they? It's too damn dark to see."

"I'll say," echoed Nitro. "If only it were still light out."

"I still can't see them," said Julie, "but I believe you, Katarina."
Sally,[b]Sally[/b] could see the slowly shambling figures about a quarter of a mile to the south, heading up the road towards the ranger station. She counted eight or nine of them, and they were getting slowly but steadily closer as she watched. It would only take them a few more minutes to reach the station. At this range, it would be almost impossible to hit them with a pistol. [b]Sally[/b], if you want to shoot at a zombie's head now, you'll only hit on a 01. You would get 5 combat rounds, so that's 5 shots with a .45 or 10 with the Sig Sauer, but it's most likely a waste of ammo. They're not close enough to roll Sanity - yet.
In the ranger station-
Doc leaned in close to Dan and whispered to him.
Dan Aldrich,"No!" hissed [b]Doc[/b]. "No more killing! You can't ask me to do that. I saw the girls escape too, and maybe [b]Mutt[/b] and [b]Ghost[/b] won't catch them. Then we won't have to do anything. You don't understand what you're asking me to do. I know these guys, and I can't kill them. I've only ever killed one man, as my initiation into this crew. He was a drug-dealing scumbag, but it still weighed heavily on me. Besides, what if your plan doesn't work? They'll kill us, and if [b]Sally[/b] and [b]Julie[/b] are lucky they'll kill them too. If they're not lucky...Plus, [b]Mutt[/b] told [b]Deadeye[/b] to keep in touch. What happens if he can't raise him on the radio because he's dead? Then he'll know something's up. We've also got more of the dead coming in from the south, unless [b]Katarina[/b]'s trying to distract them. No, I can't do it." [b]Dan[/b], roll Persuade if you want to keep trying to convince [b]Doc[/b]. The base skll is 15%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan gives in to Doc, "Fine we'll do this your way...for now. I'm trusting you but I will not put those womens lives in anymore danger for the sake of your conscience. For now lets handle these things but just remember, If it gets dangerous with these guys THEY WILL DIE!" With that said Dan gets up and heads back outside looking towards the south, "Nitro, You should get down here and guard the stairs. Your rifle is better equiped to that then anybody elses weapon. Me and Deadeye should be able to start picking them off soon."
Handy,Does the station have any spot lights? I know they some times had them on the roof or railings.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No spotlights on this station; it's a very small one. You do still have your flashlight. Go ahead and roll Spot Hidden at 2/3 skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

ooc- Still no joy on the spot hidden
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"They are coming up the road from the south" Sally said with a tinge of fear in her voice. "They are moving slowly, but they are steadily coming. Maybe 8 or 9 of them."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”