IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin opened his eyes when he saw that he was alone now. He tried to break the straps he was held with but failed to do so.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
Harper scaled the ladder.

"And I guess you've got mine," said Kowalski to Feaster as he moved to the bottom of the ladder and waited for his turn to climb.

"Wait a minute, who's got my back?" asked Feaster.

On the fire escape-
Harper reached the first landing. Narrow stairs led the rest of the way up to the roof.
OOC,[b]Harper[/b], you can reach the roof this turn.
On the roof-
Crew emerged onto the roof, where he saw two men in orange Racal suits with sniper rifles. "And who might you lot be?" he asked.

"I'm Airman Wesson," said one of them. "My partner here is Airman Smith. Somebody upstairs must have thought it would be funny to pair us up."

"Right, I guess you're under my command now. I'm Sergeant Major Raymond Crew. Keep a sharp eye out, lads."

In the intake area-
"Captain Kelleher will start the screening once she gets back," said Sergeant Jessica Valdez. "You'll be safe right here now that we've arrived. In the meantime, does anyone need medical attention?" She looked Keith over. "It looks like they've already done a good job on your wound, sir."

"Sir, maybe we should take a look at your leg now," said Lt. Sara Evans to Captain Johansen.

In the operating theater-
"Don't you remember, sir?" asked Senior AIrman Wu, raising his arms higher and shaking. He stepped nervously over to the captain. "They attacked the front entrance. I got away and hid downstairs. I thought everyone else must have been killed. I turned off my radio because I couldn't stand hearing all the screams." He looked over his shoulder and jumped when Zorie Spooner stepped through the door from the women's ward, followed quickly by Beth, Robert, David, and Lisa. "You're alive!"

"Observant, isn't he?" said David.

"Captain Johansen," said Zorie, "I've brought the rest of the civilians down from the roof."

At the padded cells-
"Getting a bit familiar, aren't we, Airman?" said Captain Claire Kelleher. "You don't call superior officers by the first names, but I can excuse the lapse in discipline under the circumstances. I'll leave if you want, but I'm not leaving you unguarded. If you do succumb to the infection, I'll need someone standing watch."

"I volunteer, ma'am," said Catherine Rourke instantly.

"I'll stay with him too," offered Airman Gary Simpson.

"Thank you both," said Captain Kelleher. "Call if you need anything. I'll screen you two later. Lt. Gomez, you're with me." The two of them went around the corner and into the men's ward.
Colin Lewis,Inside his cell, [b]Colin[/b] strained at the straps keeping him down, but they were holding in spite of his obvious might. [b]Colin[/b], you may try another STR x 1 roll now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen lowers his gun. Yeah, I remember. Get back to the foyer on the double. Everyone back, we've gotten backup from the base. Nice of them to finally show up. He begins to walk back to the foyer.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Keith took Melinda and sat down with her on the nearest seat he could find. "Looks like we sit here and wait" he said with a sigh.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes. Maybe everything will go ok- Says Melinda without believing much in her own words.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Voodoo »

Harper finishes climbing the ladder and then continues on the rest of the way to the roof.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
Kowalski headed up the ladder to the fire escape landing, leaving Feaster alone at the bottom.

On the roof-
Harper emerged onto the roof, where Crew was already setting up his L1A1 sniper rifle. He swiveled the scope around and peered through it. "We can get a good view of the rest of the base from up here," he said, then glanced over at Harper. "Good, you're here. Airman First Class Harper, this sniper team has the unlikely names of Smith and Wesson. They were here before us, so I'm sure they know what went down before we got here. Chaps, this is Sebastian Harper, my demolitions expert." He spoke into his radio. "This is Crew. I'm on the roof, and the area looks secure. No sign of any hostiles."

"Nice to meet you," said Wesson. Smith just nodded.

At the padded cells-
Airman Gary Simpson and Airman Catherine Rourke took up their posts in the hallway, their attention on Frank Hodges's cell. "Anything I can do for you, Hodges?" asked Rourke.
Colin Lewis,[b]Colin[/b], you may try another STR x 1 roll if you wish.
In the men's isolation ward-
Captain Kelleher and Lt. Gomez walked through the ward and into the operating theater.

Senior Airman Wu and Senior Airman Coltrane followed Captain Johansen back to the intake area. Zorie went next, followed by Beth, Robert, Lisa, and David. Captain Kelleher and Lt. Gomez entered the operating theater from the men's ward. "We're right behind you!" she called. She spoke into her radio. "Lt. Colonel Carmichael, this is Captain Kelleher. We've secured the clinic, and we're about to begin the screenings. Airman Frank Hodges is known to be infected, and we have him under guard locked in a padded cell. One of the civilians, a Mr. Lewis, has broken under the stress and has assaulted one of the orderlies, though he is not showing any symptoms at this time. We locked him in the other padded cell."

"Good place for him," remarked Gomez to himself.

In the intake area-
Lt. Sara Evans looked back to the doors to the operating theater as people began to return. She saluted Captain Johansen. "Welcome back, sir," she said. Then she noticed Senior Airman Tom Wu and walked up to him, holding out the M4. "I believe this belongs to you. Take care not to lose it again. That mad civilian got his hands on it, and we're lucky the whole thing didn't end in bloodshed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen returns the salute. Wu, we need all the help we can get at this point, so I'm going to let you hold onto that gun. But if you run off again, there won't be any second chances.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin lay on the cot again and tried to break the restraints once more. but it was useless.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the padded cell:

"How about some smokes and soem chow?" Hodges asked to soldier stationed outside.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Harper smiles at the two snipers and says, "Nice to meet the both of you." Turning back to Crew, Harper asks, "So where would you like me to set up shop, Sergeant Major?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Captain Kelleher and Lt. Gomez returned to the intake area.

In the intake area-
"Thank you, sir," said Senior Airman Wu. He accepted his M4 from Lt. Evans and shamefacedly looked at his feet.

"Understood, Captain," replied Carmichael. "Is everyone ready for the briefing?"

"Affirmative, sir," said Captain Kelleher. "Two of the orderlies are guarding the padded cells and some of our people are at the main entrance and on the roof, but they can all hear you on their radios."

"Thank you. Captain Johansen, you are hereby relieved of command. Captain Kelleher is now the commanding officer of this facility. You will continue to serve as her executive officer. Hold on, I'm getting an incoming message on another frequency." He paused for about half a minute, then continued speaking. "Captain Kelleher, prepare for incoming casualties. ETA three minutes."

"Sir, what happened?"

"A squad was sent to investigate a meteorite that had fallen in an open area within the base perimeter, near the southeast corner. It's not clear what exactly happened, but it appears there was a small-scale outbreak there. Security Forces are working right now to contain it. There are three survivors coming your way from the southeast."

Outside the clinic-
Feaster followed Kowalski up the fire escape ladder.

On the roof-
"Right here will be fine," said Crew. "Right now I'll be needing your shooting skills in case of attack. When something needs to be blown up, I'll let you know. Of course, I'm always open to any suggestions you may have to aid in our defense. What sorts of explosives and how many do you have on you? I understand that you didn't have any time to collect additional equipment, but we can requisition whatever you might need."

At that moment, the call from Lt. Colonel Carmichael came in on the radio.

"Right," said Crew, "everyone keep a sharp eye out."
OOC,[b]Airman Harper[/b], roll Spot Hidden. The base skill, since it's not listed on your character sheet, is 25%.
At the padded cells-
"Sorry, I don't smoke," said Catherine Rourke. "The only food we've got on us is MREs. You deserve better for your last meal, but it's either that or hospital chow. Maybe we can get something sent over."

"I've got some smokes," said Gary Simpson, taking out a pack of cigarettes and one of his rations. He unlocked the door and handed them to Frank Hodges. "Here ya go."

While he was doing that, they all heard the incoming message on the radio.
Colin Lewis,You may try another STR x 1 roll if you wish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Yessir, With a few claymores or other mines I can set up a nice perimeter. I can basically rig anything to blow that you need me to. As for what i'm carrying, I have a satchel charge and four grenades. Anything you can requisition could be useful, You can never have to many things that go boom in my opinion." Sebastian smiles at the Sergeant Major, To anyone that gave it even a little scrutiny they might just notice a little bit of crazy in that smile.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen frowns. He speaks into his radio. Sir, with all due respect to yourself and Captain Kelleher, as far as I know she does not have any experience dealing with the infected individuals. I do not understand why I am being relieved by an officer with less experience against this very unique and dangerous threat.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin was getting deperate to get out of his restraints. He tried again one more time. It was to no avail however!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the intake area:
Overhearing the conversation, Keith speaks up: "You best be careful! Those wounded are infected and are going to rise up like all the rests. We all witnessed it with our own eyes. You have to take them someplace secure."

IN the cell:
"Thanks, buddy." Frank said, grabbing the cigarette. He lit it and took a long drag off of it. "And they said these things would kill you.." he said with a laugh.
"A meal from the hospital would be great, but I don't want to put anyone at risk by having it sent over. Just give me an MRE and I'll be good." Taking another drag, he continued: "Hopefully you two will listen while the others out there are not. The infected and the wounded are not to be toyed with. Anyone that falls in battle, bitten or not, will turn into one of those thigns. Anyone. You hear me?"
"The only way to take them out is to shoot them in the head. Anywhere else and you'll only slow them down. If any of your squad mates falls in battle, you have to put a bullet in their heads before they get up again. I know you don't want to do it, but you have to. You'll be saving lives. Trust me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"I like the way you think, Airman," said Crew to Harper. "I was thinking along similar lines myself. We can use the Claymores to establish a perimeter. They used them at a forward observation post this morning, and while they were only of limited effectiveness against the infected, they helped some and they make an excellent early warning system. I'll see if I can get you some." He spoke into his radio. "Captain Kelleher, this is Crew. Can you get your CO to send some Claymores our way, as many as he can? Any other explosives you can requisition would be of use too."

Kowalski and Feaster were now both on the roof as well. Harper didn't notice anything when he looked around, and neither did Crew.
OOC,[b]Harper[/b], you forgot to roll Spot Hidden, so I rolled for you.
In the intake area-
"I'll do that, Sergeant Major," replied Captain Kelleher to Crew.

"I'm going to be blunt with you, Captain Johansen," said Lt. Colonel Carmichael. "You have been wounded. Your suit has been breached, and you may be infected yourself for all you know. You continue to espouse this ridiculous notion of the dead coming back to life. In short, you have been compromised and I do not know that I can rely on you. Your experience will be useful, and you can give whatever advice you wish to Captain Kelleher - but make no mistake: she is in command. There's no time for arguments; you have incoming survivors who are potentially infected. Is that understood?"

"Sir, Sergeant Major Crew would like to requisition some Claymores, as well as any other explosives you can spare," said Captain Kelleher.

"I can arrange that. I can get you two dozen Claymores within half an hour, and I'll see what else we can scrounge up. Those Claymores will be useful for establishing a perimeter around the clinic. They should be arranged in two concentric rings. The outer ring will have the cones of fire pointed outward to deal with any external threats. The inner ring should be directed inwards, to ensure that nobody breaks quarantine again."

"We'll make sure that the wounded are secured," said Captain Kelleher. "Both padded cells are already occupied, so we may have to improvise. In any event, the new arrivals will be screened first. Lt. Evans, I'm going to need your assistance most of all to direct the nursing staff."

"Yes, ma'am," said Lt. Sara Evans. "It is true about the dead rising, ma'am. I know you find this hard to believe, but I've witnessed it myself."

"Let's put it this way: I believe that you believe it. I know you're sincere, but you need to be careful to whom you repeat that."

At the padded cells-
"No problem," said Simpson, giving Frank Hodges one of his MREs. "Don't worry. When the time comes, I'll do what I have to do." He locked the cell door again.

"We've seen it ourselves," said Catherine Rourke. "It's the reinforcements who haven't accepted it yet. I just hope they don't have to find out the hard way, like we did."
Colin Lewis,[b]Colin[/b] strained at his straps, but he succeeded only in wearing himself out. They had bound him securely, evidently wanting to be certain that he did not get loose. [spoiler][b]Colin[/b], you may make another roll. Until further notice, you must now roll against STR x 1/2, so you will only succeed on an 8 or less.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen bites back his reply. Understood, sir. What's the ETA on the new arrivals?
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"I can do that for you, Sir. I'll start deciding on placement for whatever we're able to get our hands on. Should we leave some sort access route in case of emergency?" Harper asks while seemingly deep in thought.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the padded cells-

Frank opens his MRE's and takes a bite. "You know what, you could do something else for me. Get whom ever is leading the reinforcements back here. I think it's time they started listening to those of us with experience."

In the intake area-

"Jesus christ!" Keith says loudly upon hearing the new captain. "Do we have to go through this bullshit again?! Can we civilians please leave the base, sir? We're tired of getting this same old run around. If you really want to see for yourself the dead rise, go back to the padded cells and check in with the airman who saved all of our lives. He's been infected and will be turning soon."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”