IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the basement hall-
Everyone followed Keith back into the stairwell.

In the stairwell-
Keith and his friends entered the stairwell, which stretched upwards ahead of them.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b] and [b]Melinda[/b], roll Listen.
In the operating theater-
Crew, with a sudden surge of adrenalin, hoisted the massive Coltrane over his shoulder and rushed through the still-swinging doors into the men's ward, past Frank Hodges as he hurried into the operating theater. The instant Frank saw the zombies, he curled up into the fetal position, whimpering.

Ken Raffin crawled across the room to Frank and very nearly bit him. Then Sam Wright grabbed him and began to squeeze. As if that weren't bad enough, one of the evil alien mosquitos zoomed in from the intake area and dived on him, plunging its stinger into his hip fairly deeply. He was dimly aware that his life was fading away. He had failed to do any damage to the enemy, but at least his sacrifice had delayed them and bought the others time.
OOC,[b]Frank[/b], the Idea roll was alllowed, but it didn't help you. You're dying, but you're not quite dead yet. Now's the time for any final words or thoughts. No actions, though. [b]Crew[/b], you hadn't posted an action, so I made the decision and roll for you based on the actions you said you were considering. I won't usually do this, so please make an effort to post your actions in a timely manner. If for some reason you'll be absent, please let me know in advance.
In the men's isolation ward-
Lt. Doolittle came around thanks to the stinging blow to her cheek, and the men carrying her set her on her feet. Captain Kelleher's emulation of General George S. Patton had worked. "Sorry, ma'am," said the pilot, looking at her feet.

"Smith, start heading downstairs," said Wesson's voice on the radio. "I'm on my way up to meet you."

"Roger that," replied the other sniper.

Crew burst in, carrying the nonresponsive Coltrane. He had most likely saved the man's life, and Frank Hodges had bought them both time to get away, having paid for it with his life.

"We won't die tired, sir," said Kowalski. "I've seen those bugs move, and they're so fast they'll catch us long before we tire out."

"Move, move, move!" said Feaster, following Captain Johansen around the corner. Kowalski and Harper went with him.

At the padded cells-
Lt. Sara Evans frowned when she saw the number of people gathering outside the cells compared to the little space within them. "Sir!" she said, saluting when Captain Johansen came into view. "There's not enough room for everyone in the padded cells. Mr. Lewis is taking up a lot of room lying unconscious like that. We could revive him, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea considering his mental state."
Colin Lewis,You're out for six more turns, including this one, unless someone wakes you up sooner.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen returns the salute. Get the civilians into the cells. He than radios Carmichael. Sir, our perimeter is breached. We have suffered casualties and our backs are to the wall. I'm ordering the civilians into the holding cells for safety.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

In the stairwell-
As they enter the stairwell again, Keith hears something.

In the clutches of death-
Frank smiles as he is slowly devoured, knowing that he was able to help someone before he perished.

[spoiler-button],Handy, What other characters are available for play?[/spoiler-button]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Keith Deeds,[b]Keith[/b] heard footsteps in the stairwell above him. One set of footsteps was one floor above and moving upwards. He could also make out another far above, on its way down.
OOC,Chapter 5 is nearing its conclusion, so you might want to wait until after that to grab a character between chapters. I'm not anticipating adding many pregens for Chapter 6 at this point, however. You can of course always create a character. You already have one in Gold, so I recommend creating one in Omaha if you go that route. As for pregens, I also prefer that you take one in Omaha, as you don't have one there yet. There are plenty to choose from if you don't mind reading their backstories for Chapter 4 and most of Chapter 5. In Omaha, Erin Halloran has been abandoned and is available. John Lee may be up for grabs soon if zhirinovsky does not return (I got a PM telling me of the impeding absence, but the return date was supposed to be a few weeks ago). Both of these characters were added in Chapter 5. There are dozens available that were added in Chapter 4, too many to list here. Check the Character Sheets thread to see who's available. In addition to those with no player, Tariq al-Tikriti has been abandoned. If you really want another character in Gold, in addition to the option of creating your own, there are several available. Keep in mind that most of these characters are in deadly danger right now. Of those added in Chapter 5, Jessica Valdez, Sebastian Harper, and Marcus Winters are available. The characters added in Chapter 4 are all up for grabs except for Captain Johansen. Sword and Juno are really too small for you to have two characters in either of those sections, though if one of those groups split I'd be open to you picking one of the characters in the subgroup that doesn't contain your existing character. You could play [b]Lara[/b] if you [i]really[/i] want to, but she's pretty much done for Chapter 5 and some very unpleasant things are going to happen to her in Chapter 6 - not to mention her rapidly plummeting Sanity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,I'll take a character in Omaha. I didn't like having two in the same thread.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that's a good idea. If you want to create your character or reserve a pregen, you can do that at any time. If nothing jumps out at you, you can wait until the intermission between chapters.
In the stairwell-
Keith led the way up the stairs to the ground floor. The stairs continued upwards, and a door led north into the women's isolation ward. In the distance to the north, he could hear a chewing sound, as well as a faint buzzing noise that was receding. Above him, the two pairs of footsteps joined and began to head back down, reaching the landing on the floor above.

In the operating theater-
Sam Wright crushed the life out of Frank Hodges, and he knew no more.

Crew carried Coltrane around the corner towards the padded cells, followed by a panicky Lt. Doolittle. Only Captain Kelleher remained in the ward. Then the doors to the operating theater were pushed open slightly from the other side, and a mosquito squeezed through and came right for her!
OOC,[b]Captain Kelleher[/b], if you choose to attack, you have time only for one shot at normal range before the mosquito gets its attack. If you choose to do something other than attack, such as running away, you should roll Dodge in case it hits you. You cannot both attack and dodge. There is no need to roll Sanity, as you've already seen one of the mosquitos in this group. I seriously recommend that you post this time. Had you posted before this update, you could have gotten around the corner before it had a chance to reach you.
At the padded cells-
David and Zorie Spooner, the only civilians in the hall, moved into the south cell. They picked up Colin Lewis and placed him gently on top of the gurney. "There's still room for two more in here!" called Zorie. "You can squeeze maybe half a dozen in the other cell!"

"Understood, Captain," Carmichael replied over the radio. "We're going to send what forces we can once they're available. I estimate it'll be about ten or fifteen minutes before they can reach you. In the meantime, you'll have to hold out for as long as possible."

"Sir, I don't know where the other civilians have gone," said Lt. Evans to Captain Johansen, "but we can fit two more in the south cell and another six in the north cell. Without Captain Kelleher here, you'll need to decide who goes in them, and we don't have much time!" As if to accentuate her point, the buzzing sound could be heard around the corner, from back in the men's ward.
Colin Lewis,You're out for five more turns, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the Stairs-
Keith crept up the stairs to make sure whomever was on the lading, was alive.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen aims his gun at the corner. We hold the line here. Close the cell that's mostly full and leave the other one open. If they reach us, anybody still alive fall back into that cell and hold. Reinforcements are incoming.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher snaps out of her daze and runs towards the others stumbling as she attempts to weave
handy,sorry,been pretty busy with my new twins
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Congratulations! :D I'm sure they can be a double handful. Thanks for letting me know that you'll be busy.
In the stairwell-
As Keith led the group upwards, footsteps started heading down. "Who's there?" called a male voice from above.

"It's just us civilians!" answered Amanda.

"All right, come on up."

The six of them reached the first landing, where they met the two snipers from the roof. "This whole situation is FUBAR," said Wesson, panic in his eyes. "Maybe we should just take the fire escape and get all of you out of here."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" asked Smith. "There could be more of those things out there."

"There's already some in here from the sound of things," said Beth. "Maybe we should take the chance."

The mosquito pursued Claire, streaking past her as she ducked around the corner. It quickly turned back and chased her.

At the padded cells-
Captain Kelleher rounded the corner, the deadly alien insect right behind her. Zorie slammed her cell door shut, and the lock automatically engaged. The north cell remained open. Gary refused to panic at the sight of the creature. Tom Wu was nowhere to be seen, as he had run away further down the hall in the confusion.
OOC,Everyone is presumed to have a weapon ready at the start of this round. If you want to shoot at the mosquito, you may fire one shot before it gets to attack. [b]Captain Kelleher[/b] may fire at point blank range, but everyone else is at normal range. If anyone but her fires and misses, you must roll Luck to make sure you don't hit her by mistake. [b]Captain Kelleher[/b], if you choose to do something other than attack, you should roll Dodge again just in case.
Colin Lewis,You're out for four more turns, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher turns and fires wildly at the insect.
Last edited by Barandis on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't forget that there's a -20 penalty to hit the mosquito due to its small size. That shot actually misses, as you'd need a 90 or less.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen fires and hits the insect to devestating effect.
OOC,is there a separate hit location table for the insects?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, they're small enough that it doesn't really matter. Excellent shot! 4 more damage will finish it. [b]Crew[/b] still has a shot coming, and I'll roll for the NPCs if it's necessary.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

ooc,oops forgot about that. edited
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"From the sound of it, they are everywhere." Keith said. "Those folks inside need our help. What ever we do, I'd be a whole lot more useful with a firearm, sir. I'm a Marine who's seen action in the gulf war and know how to handle myself."
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by masonstone »

"Airman Harper, a grenade into the doors on my mark!" Crew barked, reaching to his radio, "the rest of you put some rounds into that thing so we can move on!" signalling to the others in the room to fire upon the mosquito with the hand holding his radio, the other gripping Coltrane's collar. Crew brought the radio handset to his face, pressing the transmit button and said in load but clear tones "This is Crew speaking, everyone listen up because what you hear may save your lives. These bastards have caught us with our dicks out but running will not solve our problems, we will end up divided and alone, easy pickings for them when they come. Smith, Wesson, I want you all covering the approach to the stairs, we may need an emergency getaway. Anyone with medical experience I want near the padded cells, along with all the civillians. Everyone else, get to the OR, we're going to hold them there. Crew out." He removed his hand from the transmit button and dropped the radio, drawing his revolver and checking it's chambers before hoiking Coltrane behind him and steadying himself to fire at the bug. "Cmon you ugly fuck" he muttered "Come and get me"
Harper,just assume that once several others have fired Crew gives you a hand signal to throw the grenade through the gap in the barricade
Handy,I rolled [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2589902/]Fast Talk[/url] just in case I needed it to convince people to do as I said
Last edited by masonstone on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm not sure if you got everything when you were catcfing up. The characters are no longer in the OR, but have retreated to the padded cells. [b]Feaster[/b] is with you, but [b]Smith[/b] and [b]Wesson[/b] are back at the stairs. No zombies are currently visible, but they were in the OR the last you saw. However, there is that mosquito buzzing around and trying to sting [b]Captain Kelleher[/b] to deal with. Most of the NPCs get their chance to fire before [b]Crew[/b] does, so I'll roll for them now. There's no need to use Fast Talk to get anyone enlisted to do what you say, as they're required to follow your orders, but it would help to convince officers. The roll failed, but the lieutenants were willing to do as he said anyway. The captains are PCs, so what they do depends on their players.
In the stairwell-
"Roger that," Smith replied into the radio built into his suit. "We're on our way."

Wesson unlocked the fire exit. "If anyone wants out," he said, "you can use this door. Or you can follow us downstairs." The two snipers went ahead of Keith, and the others all tailed after them. "We can't really give our weapons to civilians, sorry." The group soon reached the ground floor landing again.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], if you want to try to convince them to give you a pistol, roll Persuade.
At the padded cells-
Lt. Rebecca Doolittle pointed her MP-5 at the mosquito and squeezed off a shot, striking the creature and splattering it all over the wall.

Harper went with Crew back to the men's ward, followed by Kowalski and Feaster. Valdez and Winters remained behind with the nurses and orderlies, as Crew had ordered.

"Well, now we're trapped in here until they let us out," said Zorie in the south cell. "If they live long enough to let us out."

"Relax, babe," said David. "I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be stuck in here with."
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen.
Colin Lewis,You are out for three more turns, including this one.
Crew and the others found the men's ward as deserted as they had left it, and no zombies were visible. The doors to the operating room remained closed. Harper held a grenade in one hand and his pistol in the other, while Kowalski and Feaster gripped their M-16s. "I don't see them, Sergeant Major," said Harper. "You want me to go chuck it through that door?"
OOC,[b]Crew[/b], roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by masonstone »

Crew was about to wave the Airman to throw but stopped when he heard something.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sergeant Major Raymond Crew,[b]Crew[/b] heard chewing sounds beyond the doors to the operating theater that suddenly stopped. Then there were dragging sounds on the other side of the doors, accompanied by both walking and running footsteps, heading for the double doors.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”