IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

In the cells-
Frank headed down to the end of the hallways and exited the doors. He inspected the scene around him.

In the basement-
"We need to find an exit" Keith said. He moved to the metal door: "Someone help me force this open." With the help of Robert, Keith tried to force the door, but could not make it budge. "Shit!" he exclaimed.
TheGiggles
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by TheGiggles »

"We were attacked by them on the roof, I think there were about 5 left after we took down a few. I still have Smith upstairs watching the door. We will need to get him back before we fall back." Crew said.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen backs far away from the doors, still holding his pump. Was anyone left outside? Cause if they were, it's fairly certain we'll be facing zombies soon as well as these mosquito things.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the basement hall-
"It's no good," said Robert, grunting. "We'll never force open that metal door."

"I wouldn't expect to find any exits down here," said Beth. "We're underground. There were fire exits on every floor in the stairwell, though. Maybe we should head back up."

At the padded cells-
Gary Simpson walked around the corner with Frank Hodges, attaching his baton to his belt again and unslinging his M-16.
Colin Lewis,You're down for [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2555445/]eight turns[/url], including the current one.
In the men's isolation ward-
Frank and Gary entered the men's isolation ward. They saw the gathered people in the operating theater through the windows in the double doors at the end of the hall, but they couldn't make out much detail without getting closer. They did hear a single gunshot and screaming. Then Tom Wu burst in from the OR, a terrified expression on his face, followed by David, Zorie, the nurses, Catherine, Sergeant Valdez, and Airman Winters.

In the operating theater-
David cried out, completely overwhelmed by the sight of the deadly alien creature, but his mind was too shattered to process what it meant. Zorie screamed, a bit shaken by how close she had come to death. Both of them retreated into the men's ward, heading for the padded cells. Lt. Doolittle reeled, shaken to the core. The very existence of such a thing caused her to melt down, and she immediately fainted. Coltrane was startled, and what little of his wits remained deserted him. He knew just enough to realize that he was done for, and he stood motionless.

Even the normally calm Lt. Evans shrieked with terror, on the very brink of panic, but she couldn't think straight enough to jump off of it. Lt. Gomez didn't even flinch. Lt. Ellison shuddered, but not for long. All three of them fell back into the men's ward.

"No!" cried Tom Wu, his fears once again rising and getting the better of him. He saw his doom and ran like a scared rabbit, into the men's ward. Catherine Rourke lost her cool, but not completely. "Ma'am, the padded cells won't hold all of us," she said as she retreated. "They also have windows. They're reinforced, but they won't hold forever. Neither will the doors."

Sergeant Valdez remained steady. "Senior Airman Wright and most of his team were outside!" she said. She spoke into her radio. "Wright, do you read? Over." There was no response. "Fall back, Winters!" Winters nodded and calmly followed her into the men's ward.

"I'll go get Smith," said Wesson, dashing back into the women's ward.

Only Captain Kelleher, Captain Johansen, Sergeant Major Crew, Airman Harper, Airman Kowalski, Airman Basic Feaster Lt. Doolittle, and Airman Coltrane remained in the room. Another blow rocked the doors and knocked them loose from their hinges, but the barricade held. Then another one struck the barricade, but it only partially collapsed. It would fall within seconds, however.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

"Move!" shouts Captain Kelleher as she runs through to the men's ward "We aren't going to make it to the cells, they are coming through. Be ready." she says while training her sidearm on the doors
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

At the padded cells -
"Simpson, let me have that M-16 and a grenade. I've going to hold them off while you help everyone get to safety. When things get bad, I'm going to pull the pin on the grenade and take as many of them with me as I can." Frank said. "I'm as good as dead already. I can feel the infection in me. I want my last action to be helping everyone else here."

In the basement-
"We need to find weapons" Keith said. "I was hoping there may be some down here."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen follows Captain Kelleher.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Airman Frank Hodges,Roll Fast Talk. You get a +10 bonus to this roll because [b]Gary[/b]'s EDU is 2 points below 16.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen radios Carmichael as they retreat. Sir, the clinic is compromised. These mosquitoes have penetrated our defenses and one squad is missing and presumed dead. We are retreating deeper into the compound.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"This would be your department Crew. How are we going to defend this ward?" Captain Kelleher asks.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank put his hand out: "Come on Gary, we've got to do what we can to save all of those that we can. I'm a done for, so let me lead the charge and hold them off."
The plan made sense and Gary knew it. He was convinced it was the best thing to do.
TheGiggles
Layman
Layman

Post by TheGiggles »

Crew looked at the area.

"Lets quickly get everyone into the mens ward, we will defend that door and fall back even further if we have to. Im guessing these things arnt smart so I figure if we put enough fire down range they wont think to take cover and be shredded."

"EVERYONE UNARMED FALL BACK INTO THE MENS WARD!" he shouted as he leveled his rife at the door preparing to fire as soon as the door fell.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the basement hall-
"This is a hospital," said Amanda, "not an armory. We might find medical supplies stored down here in some of these rooms, but I wouldn't count on weapons. Even if there are any, we'd have no idea where to find them."

"Maybe we should head back upstairs before we get trapped down here," suggested Lisa.

"We won't actually be able to get outside if we go up there," said Robert. "The exits are locked, remember? We'd need someone who works at the clinic to let us out. Even then, we don't know if there are any of those mosquito-things flying around out there. Still, we'd be able to move around better upstairs. Down here is a dead end."

"Remember what Michael said about the mosquitos," said Beth. "He found all those dead ones near Brownson. It sounds like they can't survive very long. We just need to hole up somewhere safe until they die."

In the operating theater-
"Everyone in here is armed, Sergeant Major," said Harper, "but a couple of them look out of it." He tried to lift Lt. Rebecca Doolittle, but she was too big for him to manage alone. Kowalski helped him, and the two of them were able to carry her into the men's ward after the doctors, with Feaster bringing up the rear. This left only Crew and the motionless Coltrane in the OR.

Then an orange suited zombie smashed the barricade to bits and crawled over its remains. It was barely recognizable as Airman Basic Ken Raffin, his red eyes glowing behind his shattered clear faceplate. He had a severe bullet wound in the thigh and a lighter wound in his back. Immediately behind him came Senior Airman Sam Wright, also undead. His leg had been broken and was at an odd angle, so he too was forced to crawl. And past them, coming from the intake area, there was an ominous buzzing...
OOC,[b]Raymond Crew[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If you fail this roll, you may still act freely, but if you succeed, you will go temporarily insane. If you don't go insane, you have one combat round before the zombies get to attack you. You may fire at one of them, and the range is point blank, but there is no time to aim for the head, so you'll need to roll a random hit location. Hand-to-hand combat is also an option, and in that case you may target the head by taking a -5 penalty to hit. If you flee the room, you won't need to roll anything if you abandon [b]Coltrane[/b]. If you want to try to drag him with you, you must make a roll on the Resistance Table pitting your STR of 15 against his SIZ of 16. This gives you a 45% chance. If you succeed, both you and he get out of the room before the zombies attack. If you fail, you both end up stuck in the room. In that case, you should roll Dodge just in case you get hit by a zombie. You cannot both Dodge and attack.
In the men's isolation ward-
"Grenades?!" said Gary Simpson. "They didn't issue us grenades, but you're welcome to my M-16." He handed the rifle to Frank Hodges and glanced back. "If you want a grenade, I think that explosives guy Harper has some. Or you might check with one of the guys you came with, see if they've got any." He turned and followed the screaming Tom Wu around the corner to the padded cells. Catherine Rourke reluctantly turned and went after them, and Zorie Spooner ran past her in a hurry, as did David. The three nurses also made their way to the padded cells. Valdez and Winters brought up the rear of their retreat.

Captain Kelleher and Captain Johansen raced into the ward from the operating theater. Then Harper and Kowalski carried in the unconscious Lt. Doolittle followed by Feaster, the doors swinging shut behind them. A loud crashing sound came from the OR.
OOC,Everyone in the men's isolation ward may roll Listen to see if you hear the buzzing. You do not need to roll Sanity, as you cannot see the zombies yet, but you will need to if you enter the operating theater.
At the padded cells-
The retreating medical staff, except for the doctors, reached the hall outside the padded cells, both of which were open. Colin Lewis lay passed out on the floor of the south cell, blissfully unaware of the danger. To the nurses' horror, they realized that there was no way the cells could hold everyone. Each cell could hold at most six people standing up. However, with Colin lying down, he took up the space of two. So did the gurney in his cell, so even if he were placed on top of it, that would still only leave room for four others in that cell.
Colin Lewis,You're out for seven turns, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher kneels next to Lt. Doolittle and slaps her around the face. "Snap out of it soldier" she shouts " We don't have time for you to be going catatonic on us." It appears to have some effect in bringing Lt. Doolittle around
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the basement-
"Okay, I suppose you're right." Keith said. "Let's head back up stairs and see if we can ride this out."

In the men's ward-
"Thanks!" Frank said. "I'll hold them off while you gets everyone safe." Frank headed to the operating theater with his rifle ready. "Be safe and aim for the head" he said, looking back before leaving Gary in the Men's Ward.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Frank Hodges[/b], you need to roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. You spent this turn moving into the operating theater, so you won't be able to attack the zombies this round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Despite what Frank had seen today, he was still shaken by the sight of the zombies. His mind broke under the weight of just how desperate the situation was.
Handy,OOC: Here is an [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2565543/]idea roll[/url]if one is needed. Frank broke pretty badly so one may not be allowed
TheGiggles
Layman
Layman

Post by TheGiggles »

Crew held together fine, not even being phased by the zombies approaching him.
Handy,Can I attack and drag him or only dodge and drag him?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You may either try to drag him or attack, not both. If you attack, you may not dodge, but if you drag him, you may.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen hears the buzzing of the mosquitos. Fuck me! More of those bugs incoming. We need to think of something better than running, or we're just going to die tired.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”