IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Katarina/Dan/Julie)

Post by ryansommer »

"Don't worry, Dan. You can trust us. After all I have been through today, I need all the friends I can get. Like Doc, here." Sally says. "Doc, stand up and walk around while talking so it looks like we are negotiating with Dan.
Turning to Julie and Dan, Sallyl continues quietly: "The men below are members of a white supremicist group. They deal in drugs and snuff films and have a van load of women prisoners whom they have been raping and torturing for god knows how long. They are armed to the teeth and are planning to go to another supremicists compound. If were were to let them come up here and go on their way in the morning, I do not doubt that they would do so without violence. However, I cannot stomach the thought of not doing anything to help those poor women, and I know Doc is with me on this. I don't think they would let the women go without a fight. I suppose we could ask, though."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bedroom-
Julie crawled out from her hiding place under the bed. Crouching low, she went over to the door, unlocked it, and opened it.

In the ranger station-
The door opened, and a beautiful woman in a ranger's uniform similar to Dan's emerged, bent low. Her long, black hair spilled over her shoulders. "Hi, I'm Julie," she said to Sally and Doc.

Doc paced back in forth in front of the windows while Sally explained the situation to the rangers. "Oh my God," said Julie, putting a hand to her chest. "You're right, we have to do something. But what can we do?"

"Mutt won't just let them go," said Doc. "Not after a couple of them killed his brother Jeff. If I were in charge...but I'm not. I've never approved of what they were doing to those girls. I hope you're not thinking of fighting them. They have plenty of firepower, and I don't want any more killing." He thought for a moment as he looked out the window. "It'll be dark soon, and I'm sure we're going to be taking shifts staying awake and standing watch. There might be an opportunity there to slip out to the van."

Outside the ranger station-
Katarina stood with the skinheads, waiting to be told to come on up. She looked around nervously as the light faded a little more. She shivered a little, too distracted to hear anything. Most of the men seemed a little tense to her, but she wasn't sure why.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I think that's probably our best bet, Doc. Good thinking." Sally said with a smile. "What kind of weapons do you have? Is the rifle and bow all you got?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ranger station-
"We've each got a pistol too," said Julie. "I have a Glock and Dan has his revolver. And there's our survival knives. Otherwise, that's it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"That's good news" Sally said. "I don't think Julie can hide the whole time with them up here so you might as well meet them as well. I'm thinking that we see if they will unload their weapons so they can come up here. Sometime tonight, one of us needs to get out to that van and rescue those girls. Maybe we could arm them, or something. Is there anyplace around here that is safe for them to hide out in?"
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Voodoo »

"We should set up look outs for the night in two person shifts." Dan looks around at the group before he continues, "Me and Doc take first and Julie and Sally the second. When we wake you up all of us should sneak out and free the girls then make a run for it."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I don't think we could convince the others to not take watch." Sally says with concern. Sally reaches into her back and pulls out a grenade. "If we can, though, maybe we can roll one of these into this place as we leave?"

OOC: Does Sally still have the Sig Sauer she pulled off of the corpse in the car they came across on their way here?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, [b]Sally[/b] still has it (it's concealed, but she failed her Conceal roll so it's not very well-concealed - however, [b]Dan[/b] failed his Spot Hidden roll earlier and didn't notice it). It's listed in the Locations and Weapons thread. It wasn't actually on [b]Felice[/b]'s corpse, as she had long since gotten up and walked away, but she had dropped the gun on the seat when she died.
In the ranger station-
"I'm not really looking forward to meeting them," said Julie with a shudder, "but I guess there's no other way. Oh, there's also an axe in one of the cabinets here, but neither of us knows how to use it for anything other than chopping wood."

"No, they're not going to decline to take a turn at watch," said Doc, "and that wouldn't work anyway. What about Katarina?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Looking to Doc, Dan asks, "You seem to know them best, I'm game for pretty much any plan you got...As long as it doesn't involve leaving any of the women with these monsters."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ranger station-
Doc nodded. "You're going to have to let them up here soon," he said. "If you keep them waiting any longer, they're going to start to wonder. They may already have."

As if on cue, Mutt shouted up from below: "Doc, what the hell is taking so long?! Can we come up already?"

Doc leaned out the door. "He wants you to all unload your weapons, and then you can come up!" he called.

"That's not acceptable! We need our guns ready to use. Get him to allow us to keep our guns loaded, or we'll just have to consider an alternative plan for tonight."

Katarina heard the exchange between Mutt and Doc and noticed that the men were getting antsier as the sky was starting to get darker.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Salk moves to the door. "oh, come on, Mutt! It takes nothing to load you weapon if we need them. Those of us on watch will, of course, have loaded weapons. Just eject you magazines and come in up."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Lets get them up here, We'll just have to hope we can find an opening tonight" Dan looks to the rest of the group, "Just act as if me and Julie know nothing about them."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're not ejecting our magazines!" Mutt called back. "If it's no big deal to reload them, then it shouldn't be a big deal to keep them loaded. Maybe the ranger doesn't trust us. That's fine, we don't trust him either, and our weapons stay loaded! If he doesn't like that, you two can come back down here and we'll try something else."

"What's going on up there?" asked Deadeye, shaking his head in confusion. Ghost whispered something in his ear. "Ohh..."

Katarina looked around nervously, unable to overhear.

In the ranger station-
"I think you'd better just agree to let them come up," said Doc. "'Something else' could mean just about anything, and his patience has clearly run out."

"I guess so," said Julie, swallowing. "I just hope we don't regret it." She looked to Dan to see what he would do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Okay, they said you can come up, for christs sake." Sally says to Mutt. "Would it kill you to work with people for once? I don't know if you've noticed, but there aren't may humans around anymore. Isolating youself from the remaining surviors out here going to wear you out, Mutt" Sally says with a joking smile.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," said Mutt. "Deadeye, you help Nitro up first so he can get Doc and Sally to look at him and you can get up on the roof. Katarina and I will be behind you and Ghost will bring up the rear."

"Right," said the man with the sniper rifle on his back. He helped the big man with the injured leg up the stairs to the station. Mutt put an arm around Katarina's waist and prepared to follow.

In the ranger station-
Deadeye and Nitro squeezed their way through the station's front door. Deadeye smiled when he saw Julie. "Well, hello there, darlin'," he drawled with a thick Kentucky accent. Julie looked at her feet nervously.

"I'll take him from here," said Doc, letting Nitro lean on him.

Through the windows, Dan could see that it was getting significantly darker.
OOC,The interior of the ranger station is lit, and the lights will allow you to see about 5 yards away with no problem. Any Spot Hidden rolls looking farther than that will be at half skill at this point, and visibility is limited to a maximum of half a mile.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Looking around at the assembled group Dan says, "We need to decide on our defenses. I highly doubt this will be a quiet night for us here." Looking at Mutt as the obvious leader of the new group he continues, "It may be a smart idea to bring your vehicles in closer in case we have to run."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" And some rope or soemthign that we can use to escape the roof if we need to. Maybe a zip line or something like that?" Sally said
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ranger station-
Mutt and Katarina paused in the doorway. He nodded at Dan's suggestion, then tossed the pickup truck's keys down to Ghost. "Bring the pickup truck up and park it under the station near the bottom of the stairs, Ghost!" he called. "The van can't go off-road, but you can move it so that it's on the road across from the station. Uh, park them so they're facing south in case we need to drive out in a hurry. There aren't any populated areas down that way, but there are towns coming up to the north. I'm afraid we don't have any rope with us. There wasn't exactly time to pack."

"Will do!" called Ghost from below, snatching the keys and running for the pickup truck.

"Yeah, almost all of the attackers came from the north," said Julie. "I'm Julie, and this is Dan." She indicated her fellow ranger. "I think we've got some rope in that supply cabinet, Sally." She pointed it out.

Mutt walked Katarina inside and held out his hand. "I'm Mutt, and I'm in charge of our little band of brothers. This lovely young thing is Katarina. I'm very pleased to meet you." Julie reached out to shake his hand, but he raised it to his lips and kissed it instead. "If I knew there were rangers as pretty as you, I'd have visited our national parks more often."

"Oh, really." Julie pulled her hand away, and after a second he reluctantly released it.

Deadeye saw the ladder leading to the trapdoor in the ceiling. "I'll go get set up on the roof," he said, climbing it.

"Keep the vehicles covered, Deadeye," said Mutt. "They're our only ticket out of here."

"Come on, Nitro," said Doc, "Let's get you patched up." He helped the big guy into the bedroom, sat him down on the lower bunk, and took out his medical kit. He cleaned and bandaged the leg wound, pulling out the shrapnel with a pair of tweezers. He was able to repair most, but not all, of the damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Deadeye," Sally called out. "Take the rope with you and tie ot off really good to something, if you could. Then we can throw the other end down to Ghost and have him tie it off to a tree by the trucks so we can zip line down to them if needed."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan looks to Mutt and asks, "What can you tell us about what is going on? We haven't had any outside contact and would appreciate anything you could tell us."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”