IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by kouchpotato »

Imp,Rashad, Tariq, Ali, Alvin, Erin, Samir and Murray are the only ones in the stairwell besides Donald and Declan, I think.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko looks with caution.
-No, I've never see one. I try to get an open mind, but I never believe much in that kind of things.
Mr Handy,What kind of gun can Jerry use? Are his skills just the base?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

kouchpotato,thanks for that. I just didn't know which conversations I was privvy to.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Rachel Cohen,[b]Rachel[/b] peeked out through the window and saw an old, green Volkswagen minibus with tinted windows pulling up in the street across from the auto body shop, not far from the large hole in the fence surrounding the school.
Jerry Law,[b]Jerry[/b] can use most types of firearms. His skills (which are also in the secrets I sent you when you first started playing him) are Handgun 50%, Rifle 40%, Shotgun 40%, and Submachine Gun 35%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mr Handy,But is there any weapon here he can use?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel, Auto Body Shop:

"Something is happening, there's a minibus pulling up across the street, it is beside that hole in the school fence."

Rachel watches the minibus.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jerry Law,[b]Emilio[/b] brought up a shotgun and four .45 automatic pistols. [b]Kate[/b] already took the shotgun, but the pistols are still available. [b]Emilio[/b] also went down to get more weapons (and the ammo, which is still down there). You can use any of the weapons.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

mrhandy,how long is it going to take me to get to the workshop? I'm heading that way whether the others follow or not. I assume I need to wait for you to change my location in the thread before I can start doing things there
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Declan McLeod,Yes, that's right, you have to wait. This turn you'll have reached the east hall. It will take a few more turns to get to the workshop, and I'll let you know when you're there. Each turn only accounts for a small amount of time, as events tend to happen at a rapid pace. This means things will move slowly at times if nothing interesting is happening to your character, but once it hits the fan you'll come to relish those times. ;) You're not alone, at least, so you can still talk to others while you're moving. I plan to update Omaha on Friday night, even if the players I'm waiting for haven't posted yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mr Handy,So Jerry get a pistol
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Holding turn:
Spoiler:
Picking up the ammo for the shotguns and the pistols, Emilio tells Lubacheck that there´s a car outside. "Mrs Lubacheck, let´s scramble. Someone´s out front." He starts up the ladder again.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by zhirinovsky »

John wolfs his soup down. This ordeal has left him hungry. In between sloppy mouthfuls, he slurps"You weren't wrong about the food! Say, is there anything round here I can help with?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Slow down, [b]Emilio[/b]! You already spent this turn going back down the ladder. You'll have to wait before you can go back up. Besides, you might want to see what's in the other crate. The next update should come on Saturday.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin sighed and said, "Where are the eats? I need my food before I can go kick Charlie's ass!"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east stairwell, ground floor-
"This way," said Ali to Alvin. He led him and Murray through the door to the hallway, and Lori, Erin, and Samir followed, leaving Rashad and Donald in the stairwell.
Donald Woodridge,When he looked outside and around the corner, [b]Donald[/b] saw a green 1970s Volkswagen minibus with tinted windows parked outside the school's fence, not far from the hole. Two black men with dreadlocks got out on the passenger side and started walking around the front. The older of the two bore a strong resemblance to [b]Doug[/b] and [b]Lisa Marley[/b], and to the destroyed zombie that [b]Kate[/b] had identified as murder victim [b]Jacob Marley[/b]. He carried a submachine gun, and the other had a shotgun.
In the lobby-
Adam Donnelly went east down the hall with Dr. Smith while Amelia entered the security office.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Tariq, Declan, and the others entered from the stairwell, where they met Adam and Bernard coming from the lobby, which was straight ahead. The doors to the right had been smashed down from the inside, and through them the cafeteria was visible.

"Dinner's in here," said Ali, pointing at the cafeteria.
OOC,[b]Declan[/b] can reach the lobby this turn.
In the cafeteria-
"Well, now nobody can deny that there are aliens," said Diana to Michiko. "I just wish they'd been friendly. Maybe there are friendly aliens out there too. If we could only get in touch with them, they could help us fight the evil aliens!"

"I'm sure they'll find something for you to do," Lucy told John Lee. "Me, I'm a mechanic. I worked at an airfield in central Nebraska where the scientists' helicopter landed to refuel. We were lucky to get out of there in one piece."

Stephanie shuddered when Lucy mentioned the airfield. "What's wrong, Steph?" asked Liz.

"The airfield..." she said. "This is the second time Erica has been kidnapped today. She was lucky to escape the first time. That maniac Gardner..."

In the security office-
Amelia entered carrying her tray with a handful of bowls of soup remaining. "Soup's on," she said.

"Danke," said Dr. Hausmann as she worked. "We'll be done here in a few minutes."

"Well, you two can head on into the cafeteria when you finish up." Amelia placed a bowl on the floor each beside Dr. Hausmann, Michelle, and Kyle. "The main course will be served around six. Just make sure you lock him up before you go."

"Lock me up?" said Kyle.

"I'm sorry," said Michelle, "but we have to."

"Someone will only kill me then."

"We'll get someone to watch you-"

"There was a guard last time, and he didn't help! Look, can't I do something to track down those punks? I want to get them as much as everyone else."

"It's not my call. It's awfully dangerous, especially in your condition, but I'll ask."

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders continued to watch the VW minibus from her perch on the roof.

In the auto body shop-
"A minibus?" said Lisa. "My dad's got one of those! I wonder if he's come here to pick me up?" She started for the door.

Jerry took one of the four handguns, leaving three on the table. Principal Adler took another one. The weapons were empty, and they would need cleaning, as they had been packed away with grease on them.
OOC,All of the weapons in the crates are somewhat dirty after having been stored in the crates for a long time. Until someone cleans them with a gun cleaning kit, they use the middle Malfunction number.
Rachel Cohen,[b]Rachel[/b] saw two black men with dreadlocks get out of the VW minibus on the passenger side and close the door. The older one bore a strong resemblance to [b]Lisa[/b] and [b]Doug[/b], as well as to the zombie that [b]Kate[/b] had identified as murder victim [b]Jacob Marley[/b]. He carried a submachine gun, and the other had a shotgun.
In the secret room-
Emilio reached the bottom of the ladder, where Emily was dragging the two open crates. The first one had one shotgun remaining, as well as the boxes of shells and pistol magazines. The other contained a matched pair of M14 rifles, two M4 carbines, and several magazines for both.

"You're in an awful hurry," said Emily. "Something happening up there?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad readied his Uzi, standing out of sight of the door. Sir, do you know who these people are or what they want? Should we be worried?
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

Declan heads into the lobby.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel, auto body shop:

"Lisa, wait," she holds her arm gently, "the punks from school kidnapped our friend Erica and all of us here want her back. You will not be kept against your will. I ask you, let's do something to make everyone happy: swap yourself for Erica." Rachel adds carefully, "Perhaps, we can pretend you are a hostage, I could walk out of the auto shop with you and demand an exchange?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko
-But even with the alien enemies we didn't have any contact, they are simply using our own deads against us. We do not have any way to contact the friendly aliens, if they indeed existe or care about us. Of course, we know something about our enemies: they have a mind akin to ours, since they are trying to destroy us.
Mr Handy,Does Jerry have the time to clean it?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jerry Law,He has the time yes, that only takes a minute. However, he does not have a gun cleaning kit. He could clean any grease off of the outside of the gun easily enough, but not inside the barrel, which is where it really matters. The gun will still work fine in the meantime; it just has a slightly higher chance of malfunction.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”