IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald grimaced when he looked at the three-fingered hand. "Ow, yeah... that might be an exception." He continued travelling through the stairwell and asked, "Do you have any family out there Declan?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio checks one of the .45s to see if it´s safe to handle. Once it appears unloaded, he packs the four automatic in various pockets of his shop-overall.
Then grabbing one shotgun, he climbs the ladder. Without ammunition he stacks the guns on a workbench beside a vice.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by zhirinovsky »

John Lee shook his head to wake himself "Sorry Liz, this whole thing is just a little overwhelming, ya'know? But yeah, there's not a great deal to tell. I'm your average journalism student. I studied at Cheyenne univeristy, but ended up getting chased all the way here by some very slow dead guys!" He adds jokingly: "Shame my kung-fu couldn't save the day.... Say, what do you do for entertainment round here? I see you've still got some power in this place, you er, got any T.V.s? DVDs? Could do with a good horror film after all this."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east hall, ground floor-
"Sorry, we don't have power any more," said Liz as she helped John to the cafeteria doors, which had been smashed down. "The EMP device knocked it out in a large part of the city. The power might still be on beyond its area of effect, but you'd also have to worry about the dead roaming around. You'll be safer here."
OOC,The lights are not actually on. You're using sunlight coming in through the windows in order to see. Of course, it's early evening, and the sun won't stay out forever...
In the east stairwell, ground floor-
"Some family, back in Northern Ireland," said Declan. "I don't know what's become of them. I don't have anyone here, though."
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], you may open the door to let the people outside in if you wish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen, Auto Body Shop:

[ooc: Listen 27% (1d100=81)]

She strolls over to Emilio in order to check out the hardware. "Is there plenty of ammo?"
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by zhirinovsky »

John Lee rolls his eyes, "of course, just assumed with the cooking and all, you know."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad shakes his head. Maybe it would have been safer on the roof. He doesn'thear anything unusual.
OOC,Thought it was 30% for some reason.
Last edited by kouchpotato on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The base skill for Listen is only 25%, and I don't see it on your character sheet, so that Listen roll would fail.
"I think they have an old gas stove," said Liz. "That wouldn't require electricity if it has a pilot flame."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Well, let's hope this hasn't spread to Ireland," Donald say to Declan. "I had a wife, but she passed on last summer. Bad case of cancer." He shrugged trying to distance himself from the fact as he opened the doors to peer outside, looking to see if anyone was around that needed in before he locked them out.
ooc,The cafeteria doors were smashed down? Was that after Declan and I made sure it was secure or just something we overlooked? I started my security checks in the cafeteria.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The exterior door from the cafeteria is secure. It was the interior doors to the cafeteria from the hallway that were destroyed, and that happened early in Chapter 4. The undead [b]Jacob Marley[/b], the first zombie to enter the school, broke them down as well as the door between the kitchen and the cafeteria. Anyone southeast of the school may now enter the east stairwell.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"All that happened while I was gone? I said Kyle needed protection when I found him unconscious in the hallway."

While entering the stairwell, Tariqhears something.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

"The Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes Don"says Declan crossing himself. "I doubt she would have had much chance out there and can you imagine her as one of them"Declan ponders for a moment"I have a bottle of Ireland's finest in the back of the shop. How about we go and have a drop in her memory. Everything is under control out here for now and I know my nerves could use a little fortifying after today"
MrHandy,Surely a little nip of whisky would give some bonuses against sanity rolls temporarily. A little dutch courage ;)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said, "Where are the eats at? A soldier needs food to go kill Charlie."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz, Ed, and John each took a bowl of soup. There was a spoon already in every bowl. All three of them entered the cafeteria. Amelia entered the lobby.

In the cafeteria-
Liz and Ed helped John Lee inside and into a seat at a table near the doors with a plain, tough-looking woman in her mid-thirties. "Hello," she said. "My name's Lucy Armstrong."

"Well, enjoy your meal," Liz told John. "We're going over to sit with Stephanie." The two scientists went over to the table closest to the kitchen, where a pretty blonde in a lab coat sat. Liz sat next to her and put an arm around her shoulders. "Hey, Stephanie," she said. "Cheer up, okay? Everything's going to be fine now, thanks to you." Ed sat down on Liz's other side.

"Maybe we have a chance now," said Stephanie, "but our work is far from over. Nothing's ever going to be the same again, that's for certain."

Diana paused between spoonfuls of gumbo. "Hey, Michiko, have you ever seen a UFO?" she asked. "I heard there have been some sightings in Japan. I've always wanted to see one, but I never got the chance."

In the east stairwell, ground floor-
Tariq, his family, and the others with him entered the east stairwell once Donald Woodridge opened the door. Inside they met the old groundskeeper and his friend Declan McLeod, the elderly Irish shop teacher with two fingers missing. The stairway had been barricaded, but there was a door leading further into the school.

"The food's in the cafeteria," said Ali, sniffing the air. "I can smell it already. It's just through the door and to the right. Come on, let's go." He paused. "Did you hear that? Sounds like a vehicle coming this way on the street outside, from the west. It's bigger than a car." Tariq heard it as well.
Declan McLeod,Sorry, you don't get a bonus to Sanity rolls for drinking whiskey. Of course, your characters can go on thinking they do if it makes them feel better. ;)
In the security office-
Dr. Hausmann finished with one of Kyle's injuries. "Here, let me help you, Michelle," she said, working with the nurse on the other one. "Dr. Smith, you go on and get yourself something to eat. We can take it from here."

"Okay, if you're sure," said Bernard, stepping out into the lobby.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Adam continued into the lobby.

In the lobby-
Dr. Smith and Adam Donnelly encountered Amelia as she carried her tray into the lobby.

"That smells good," said the doctor.

"Thanks, help yourselves," said Amelia. "Go on over to the cafeteria and sit with Lucy and that Chinese kid that just came in. Adam, you can sit with Stephanie."

"Dr. Hausmann and Michelle are in the security office, looking after Kyle."

"I'll bring them some gumbo, then."

"Dr. Saunders is also up on the roof," said Adam. "She took over for me up there."

Amelia nodded. "I'll bring her some next."

On the roof-
Dr. Helene Saunders looked around and saw the approaching vehicle. "There's an old Volkswagen minibus coming down the street!" she shouted below.
OOC,Everyone in the east stairwell can hear her through the open door.
In the auto body shop-
"I can use that shotgun," said Kate, picking it up and inspecting it. "Just need some shells for it." She heard nothing unusual, and neither did the principal. Jerry Law wasn't paying attention either. Ron Moore couldn't hear much, nor could LaTanya. Miguel couldn't hear a thing. Tiny began barking and growling.

Kelly, however, did hear something. "There's a vehicle in the street outside," she said.

"I don't hear it," said Lisa.

In the secret room-
Emily pried open the second crate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad glances outside the door. Uh, anybody know a person who drives a Volkswagen Minibus? He moves away from the door. Just in case...
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

"It seems quiet but I'm not taking a chance of being caught lookin like an eejit again. I'm off to the workshop to get myself tooled up. says Declan and starts heading along the corridor"You boys coming with? There is enough gear in there for all of us."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Shit!" Emilio gets down the ladder again to get some .45 ammo and two shot guns.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel, Auto Body shop:

"A vehicle? Something is up - the last one was the Mustang escaping with the punks and poor Erica." She draws her "Desert Eagle" pistol and cautiously investigates.

[ooc: Is there a window?]
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Um... who's with Donald and Declan in the stairwell besides Ali and Tariq?
After hearing the others talk about a vehicle, Donald looked out toward the roads and tried to see if he could make out any headlights or hear any engine before heading back in and securing the stairwell door.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"First things first."

Tariq closes and secures the door.

"I heard the Volkswagen but I have no idea who it is."

He walks with the rest towards the cafeteria.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”