IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Letting Mrs Lubacheck take care of Tiny, Emilio follows and scans the perimeter of the school yard and the road ahead.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders looked around alertly. The sun was getting lower in the sky, and would set in a little over an hour. She wondered nervously what would happen when darkness fell.

In the science lab-
Declan continued assembling the bomb.
OOC,It will take seven more turns to finish. There will be approximately fifteen minutes of game time between Chapters 5 and 6. If you wish to start building a third bomb, you may, in which case you will still be here and probably almost done when the next chapter starts. If you want to go do something else instead after completing the second bomb, such as heading down to the cafeteria to get dinner, you may.
In the security office-
"We're all doomed anyway," muttered Kyle. "We're all gonna die."

"Don't say that," said Megan. "We saved the city, didn't we?"

"Did we? Seems to me that right after that was exactly when people stopped working together and started going at each other's throats. It's just like before this happened, except now there's no law anymore to stop the bastards from ruining everything."

In the kitchen-
Amelia continued her final preparations for the meal.

In the cafeteria-
"I think I know what's going on with the dog," said Stephanie. "It must have eaten the destroyed corpses. With nobody to feed dogs, they would be desperate enough for food, and eating the dead would contimate them with the active virus. If that's the case, any scavenger could turn: rats, or even birds. It's not something we need to worry about here as long as the EMP device functions, but we may be seeing more and more animals like that out beyond its range."

"Now that's a cheery thought," said Edward Singh.

"Thanks for filling us in, Rachel," said Liz. "I hope Kate and the others can find the gang."

"So do I," said Stephanie. "They're Erica's only hope. I wish I could help them."

"You can help them best by staying here where it's safe, Stephanie," said Dr. Brigetta Hausmann. "We still need you. It is science that saved us, and it is science that we will need to rebuild the world."

"She's right, you know," said Adam Donnelly. "Saving Erica is Officer Wheeler's job. Saving the world is ours."

On the balcony-
"You're welcome to try, Jerry," said Principal Adler, "but it's probably a waste of time. The amount of food we're likely to find is negligible compared to what we might get from neighborhood stores, and finding more guns is unlikely. Doug and Kyle somehow got their weapons past the metal detector, but they'll be the exception in this school, not the rule. I'm going down to the cafeteria to get some much needed nourishment, and I advise you to do the same."

He headed off down the hall after Donald, and Kelly tagged along with him.

Outside the school-
Ron reached the bottom of the ladder as Kate prepared to climb down above him. Emily took Tiny's leash and followed Emilio to the hole in the fence. The street outside was still eerily deserted. Everyone in the immediate area was likely already in the school. He didn't know how far those punks who had stolen the Mustang and kidnapped Erica had gone or where they'd find them, but he knew Tiny would track them however far they went - and so would Emily. She seemed even more determined than the dog.
OOC,Chapter 5 is now complete, and congratulations for surviving! Feel free to continue posting and roleplaying, but there will be no more dice rolling until Chapter 6 starts. There will be approximately 15 minutes of game time between the chapters, so you can get wherever you like within the school as long as you're not spending all of the time doing something else. Those of you who are going with [b]Emily[/b] and [b]Tiny[/b] will get to your destination around the time Chapter 6 starts. Each of you, please let me know what you intend to do (if anything) between the chapters and where you'll be when the new chapter begins.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin will continue to sit in the cafeteria. He is waiting for food to come and puts his head down like he is sleeping but he is really listening to all that is going on around him.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio will follow the blood hound to the hide-out. Shotgun ready!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Omaha section of Chapter 6. [b]Ron[/b], [b]Miguel[/b], [b]LaTanya[/b], [b]Emily[/b], [b]Tiny[/b], [b]Emilio[/b], and [b]Kate[/b] are moving to the following thread.
The Searchers
OOC,[b]Megan Petrovich[/b] and [b]Kyle Rogers[/b] are moving to the following thread.
Detention
OOC,[b]Dr. Helene Saunders[/b] is moving to the following thread.
Physicist on the Roof
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the following thread.
Suppertime
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”