Legend-haunted Arkham

In the latter part of the Aeon When the Stars Are Not Right, a Ghoul stumbles upon a lethal secret. His colleagues assemble a band of monsters-turned-investigators to avenge his death. In a twisted version of Call of Cthulhu, the players are the unspeakable terrors learning just how insane the terrestrial race is.

Moderators: kabukiman, Mi-Go Agent

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Legend-haunted Arkham

Post by kabukiman »

You stay for some time with the ghouls. Until they call you, to hear the story of the captive that you rescued, since he is feeling better. You come to the main cave where a lot of the ghouls are wating and watching. You finally see the saved one appear and he start talking.

-I would like to thank my rescuers. If it wasn't for them, I would be still in captivity, suffering experiments. Those humans that captured me are truelly insane and cruel . They seem to enjoy to torture other creatures..
After a pause he continues:
- Since I was human myself until some decades ago, I liked to keep in touch with the world of the humans. With a spell, I can disguise myself, and at night, with a simple makeup and cloths I don't even need that. Well, some time ago, I was in the Miskatonic University, when I heard some students talking about certains things that humans are not supposed to know. I followed them, and noticed they were talking about a certain book. I discovered what was the book, and read it. It had been written by a certain professor Dimmesdale and it included a ritual that by slaying and killing onme of our kind, it could turn a human immortal- without any transformation! I tried to enter in his house, but the place seemed warded againts us. When I tried to leave the place, I was spotted by some humans that started to chase me. I tried to run, but they shot me and I was badly hurt. I was with another ghoul that died, but they were eager to capture me.
He stops then he continues.
-When I awaked, I was in a room full of bizarre machines. They make me a lot of questions, like if I had been born this way, my age, name and things like that. Then they stoped to make questions and started to put lot's of needles in my body and making tests. And then they must have drugged me, because I don't remember much, I was always sleeping, just awakening for brief moments.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

"Immortal? Bah! Only the chosen ones have that gift."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite welcome," says Y'nkee to the ghoul. "I understand where you're coming from. I too used to be human, and I also like to keep in touch with their world. I have family in Innsmouth. I know a spell much like the one you describe, and I can disguise myself by more mundane means too. We Deep Ones already have immortality. If humans truly wish to be immortal, they should join with us. Then their children would become like us and live forever."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-It's not so simple. The humans continue to refuse to accept the existence of our divinities that grant our gifts. And they want to continue to be humans with their civilization intact.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"One day," says Y'nkee, "when the stars are right, Great Cthulhu will arise from his slumber and crush the humans' pitiful civilization, toppling it like the house of cards it is. And on that day, my friend, you shall feast!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

He nods in agreement. The ghouls go each to his own affairs, and the situation was solved. You saved a ghould and discovered what was hapening.

OOC: The scenario is finished. In some days I'l m make a conclusion, but for you it's the end. Congratulations. I hope you enjoyed.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Jahee nods, and again fingers his peculiar nose.

"All's well that ends well. ...Anyone know when this shape-changing spell will wear off?..."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Epilogue
Several days latter
Report C-236/18AU2011 00:15
A:
I will send you latter a full report, as soon as the lab give us more information, but for now I’m just telling you what we could understand from the brief contact.
The “creatures” (I’m using this word, on purpose, even if we know they are apparently human), seem to have a very basic knowledge of modern technology. That It never occur them that we would use scanning machines (to detect weapons or the contraband of any device from our base), is normal, very few persons think of that (in this case, it served to show their deformities), but that ignored the functions of surveillance cameras, is a different thing. Whatever system they used to camouflage their true appearance (I’l return to this point latter), failed to foul the cameras, and they didn’t seemed to recognize them.
About the anatomy, I’l start with the ma-dog, as K called them as a joke: there isn’t much we learned. They weren’t’ shot, so we don’t know if they would react as predicted, they practically didn’t fight, but the reason why this happened are quite obvious.
About: the frog-man: this group was a complete surprise. Our group of scientist is so excited that they didn’t stopped work for near 48 hours, until we were forced to send them to sleep; even the bodies of the victims were kept to be analyze. Unfortunely, all we have of them is some samples of DNA from their claws and the images from the scanning machine and cameras. Their primary conclusion seem to be same as with the dog-man: they are practically human, with just some minor deformities. I know it’s not what you were expecting, but it’s true. And since we are not talking about humans with random deformities, but with patterns in groups, its probably the result of the inbreeding from the descendent of an ancestor; but how such disparate group have decide to collaborate together, baffles us.
They are incredible fast, much more than the dog-man; they moved quickly enough to kill our man with their own hands (of course they the element of surprise, too much confidence from our man, and the third factor I’l tell you latter).
Finally the Frankenstein: this one was a true shock to our scientist. You see, all the others were basically humans that were deformed. But this one, is a different kind. Even if he looks human (he could have pass by human without that masquerade, even if a bit freakish), our scientist say that his bones definitively not human. It’s like if he was a parallel evolution from a total different specie, and by some lucky chance, it evoluted to a human form. Problem is, where are the other members? Hide in some forgotten cavern?
About their powers: we can forget about the devices that they may have use: the detectors didn’t find anything, they don’t seem sophisticated enough, so we must accept that they are able to mass hypnotize, it’s the only way to explain that everyone saw normal people in them. It’s a pity we didn’t see recorded any sound, because one of the scientists said it was impossible to be their eyes, since our man had sunglasses, but it was probably something in their voices. We won’t be able to test this theory, but it have it’s merits.
In other words, the loss of some men, was more than compensate, by the observation of them in a free environment. And thanks to the GPS we have in the former captured dog-man, we know their localization and the assault team will enter in action still this night now that we have a plant of the caverns.
Regards
L.

Return to “Servants of Chaos”