Rumour-shadowed Innsmouth

In the latter part of the Aeon When the Stars Are Not Right, a Ghoul stumbles upon a lethal secret. His colleagues assemble a band of monsters-turned-investigators to avenge his death. In a twisted version of Call of Cthulhu, the players are the unspeakable terrors learning just how insane the terrestrial race is.

Moderators: kabukiman, Mi-Go Agent

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Rumour-shadowed Innsmouth

Post by Tabs »

Mi-Go/OOC,Okay, I was worried that Jahee would miss out on aspects of the game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A Ghoul acquaintance of Miss Pickman's was killed in Arkham by a group of heavily armed humans," explains Y'nkee. "As he was dying, he told her the name of a man in Arkham we must seek out who may have more information. This may be dangerous for us, which is why I do not wish for you to stay in Arkham and wait for us. Once you have dropped us off, you should return to Innsmouth. We can find our own way back. Jacob Sargent's bus leaves twice daily for Innsmouth. If we must leave in a hurry and cannot wait for a bus, Jahee and I can always jump in the Miskatonic and swim away, and I'm certain Miss Pickman and Argyle also know of Ghoul tunnels beneath Arkham."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jahee says to Y'nkee, "I don't suppose your descendants have any fishy treats?, I'm hungry. I've heard rumour of a delicacy called Fish Fingers."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Now that you start thinking about food, a fishy odor is noticeable, probably coming from the pot on the stove. Y'nkee, from his prior experiences, recalls that except in a few small communities such as Innsmouth, human seafood is far inferior to that of the Deep Ones.

Matthew leads you into the garage, a dark, cool room. His hand moves against the wall, and there is a clicking sound. Suddenly, one wall of the room starts to rise up, revealing a cement driveway.

In the center of the garage is an unpromising vehicle. Faded brown and not in the best repair, it does not look built for either speed or comfort, but it does look like it will have enough room. Matthew opens a door near the front, explaining tersely "the driver's seat". The interior looks like plastic damaged slightly by repeated water exposure. As he starts the engine, it makes a surprisingly stable and powerful roar, and he smiles slightly.

"I bought this minivan pretty used, but some of the mechanics in this town are real wizards. Erm - a figure of speech. But they knew how to rebuild the engine, and the interior suits my tastes. "
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Argyle glances at Jahee, an incredulous look on his face. Fish don't have fingers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Neither do buffalo have wings," says Y'nkee, "but the humans are known to have a treat called such as well. Humans sometimes have odd names for their foodstuffs." He nods to Matthew and switches to English. "Yes, this will get us to Arkham nicely enough. I will sit in the shotgun seat. Perhaps we should bring some food for the road too, if you have any to spare. Your wife's cooking does smell delicious."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jahee replies to Argyle, "I suppose you would like a fresh bone to gnaw?"

Jahee clambers into the back of the mimivan; after struggling to open the door.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"She wasn't planning on company tonight, and the children are at a friend's, so she was only making chowder for two. I could grab some stuff quickly if you feel like eating on the way. Or we could try to nab a hitchhiker - I've got an axe, shovel, and torch in the back. I'm afraid I don't know much about Ghouls other than what I've read in The Necronomicon, and I wouldn't reccomend stopping at the Innsmouth cemetery - there aren't a lot of actual bodies there."
OOC,Fish fingers (snort!)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Something grabbed quickly from the kitchen would suit me just fine," says Y'nkee. "I'll let the Ghouls speak for themselves. I don't know how they feel about freshly killed meat."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jahee nods.
OOC,Murdering and eating a hitchhiker - cool!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Tschh was thinking that killing in cold blood was a wrong thing to do. No, a human should be ritually slain.With a agonizing death. Of course, they were inferior beings, no wonder they behaved like animals
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Argyle shakes his head. As much as I'd like fresh meat, we cannot allow any chance of us being discovered. I shall take whatever is offered.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that - we do it all the time for sacrificial victims," Matthew explains, "but hitchhikers are getting a bit rare these days. I'll grab something from the kitchen and be back."

He returns shortly with a plastic cooler that he passes back between the seats. He pulls out into the driveway and closes the garage door by remote.

"So, where in Arkham do you want to go?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm not sure," says Y'nkee, glancing back at Eleanor Pickman. "Where can we contact the cultists?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

As the minivan leaves Innsmouth, the smells of the city fade, and there is only the beach on one side of the road and sandy expanses on the other. Occasionally you see abandoned shacks, lonely gas stations, and middle-of-nowhere diners. Everyone in the car appreciates the wonderfully warped and twisted shrubbery that occasionally grows.
OOC,The priest gave you directions to the house of the head Cultist, and Pickman knows the way to the professor's house. You can give Matthew directions to either, or ask him about some other location in Arkham and see if he knows how to get there. Before opening the cooler, roll (pot?) Luck. Only one person needs to roll.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

The opinion of Tschh was changing quickly. Those creatures had magic powerful enouth to make cars run without any animal traction. And it was used by low ranking communers! What kind of power would have the high priests and the ruler caste of the humans?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Luck roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2263753/]Luck 85% (1d100=77)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let us first go to the house of the cult leader," says Y'nkee. "He will have more information and be able to assist us." He gives Matthew directions. "So, how have you been? Anything interesting happening on land since my last visit?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"The same as last time, more or less," Matthew says. "The kids are doing well, and I'm moving up in the Esoteric Order of Dagon. The price of fish keeps going up, so the Innsmouth businesses are fine. There was a big ceremony a few months ago to pick the leaders of the nation of men. Senator Whateley - not one of the mixed-blood Whateleys - beat the hybrid candidate we tried to run, but at least we've still got old Representative Marsh in Congress."

Jahee opens up the cooler. Inside, he finds some tinned fish, plastic containers of cold seafood that Eleanor Pickman identifies as sushi, and another container of - yes - fish fingers, which appear to have been cooked and then allowed to cool to a more civilized temperature. He also notices a large bottle of Clamato juice.

There are also some flimsy plastic knives, clear plastic cups, and some eating instruments he does not recognize.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Argyle looks over Jahee's shoulder at the food. Such odd things humans eat.

Return to “Servants of Chaos”