Character Creation

In the latter part of the Aeon When the Stars Are Not Right, a Ghoul stumbles upon a lethal secret. His colleagues assemble a band of monsters-turned-investigators to avenge his death. In a twisted version of Call of Cthulhu, the players are the unspeakable terrors learning just how insane the terrestrial race is.

Moderators: kabukiman, Mi-Go Agent

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Character Creation

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tabs wrote:Yes, scrap Talk to Sealife. Influence Thought, is Telepathy really (I couldn't conjure the word), but rather than transfer thought or ideas to prod someone in to action.
So will Influence Though allow you to control a person's actions?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Mi-Go Agent wrote:
Tabs wrote:Yes, scrap Talk to Sealife. Influence Thought, is Telepathy really (I couldn't conjure the word), but rather than transfer thought or ideas to prod someone in to action.
So will Influence Though allow you to control a person's actions?
yes
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Then it will be POW vs. POW to suceed, POW vs. INT to be undetected, and the cost will be 1/4 of the target's Mp.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Quake will cost 3 POW, 3 Mp, and will cause a devastating local earthquake at a convienent nearby place. It requires a succesful Cthulhu cult roll and about two minutes of mental focus to cast. If the roll is failed, only 1 POW and 1 Mp is lost, and you can keep trying until you run out of POW or Mp. (POW, as I've mentioned before, can be regained in Y'ha-Nthlei, but it still is not an easy sacrifice.) Quake will damage buildings, require DEX*4 rolls for everyone nearby to prevent falling over, and open a narrow and temporary fissure in the ground. It will not directly cause much damage to bystanders, but between collapsing buildings, falling object, broken gas mains, and the chance of fires starting, people will get hurt.

Kabukiman, I thought about poison and decided you might think about having a Craft: Poison skill that would cover making poisons, judging dosages, and knowing antidotes, but not other medical skills.

Once Tabs decides on the last Dagon spell and Kabukiman posts an updated character sheet, I think we will be ready to start.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

One more Dagon spell, ooh, um, ah; Teleport Object: move an inanimate thing.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Teleport (like a Gate spell?), or just move around in ordinary space (telekinesis style)?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The latter, ordinary space.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Expending 3 Mp in contacting Dagon will give you half an hour of telekinetic abilities. You will be able to move one object at a time. Lighter objects will move faster.

I'm sorry about the slow posting, but there have been some power outages where I live.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

It's okay. I am eager to get started though! BTW, I am on holiday from Friday for a week and may/may not have internet access.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

The thread is open and the game is on.

Return to “Servants of Chaos”