OOC Discussion

In the latter part of the Aeon When the Stars Are Not Right, a Ghoul stumbles upon a lethal secret. His colleagues assemble a band of monsters-turned-investigators to avenge his death. In a twisted version of Call of Cthulhu, the players are the unspeakable terrors learning just how insane the terrestrial race is.

Moderators: kabukiman, Mi-Go Agent

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

OOC Discussion

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

I'm going to unlock the game thread once all the characters are done.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: OOC Discussion

Post by kabukiman »

I have bad news. I have an insane amount of work to do this week. And next week, I'm in hollidays in Holand, with no acess to net. I'l be out after to Belgium, so I will only have acess to the net in a regular way, after 20 of september. I'm very sorry.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Do you want me to take over Tschhh? If you have some ideas about how you would like to play him (what his private plans, goals, likes, and dislikes are), you can send them to me by p.m. and I'll use them to run him until you can get back. Alternatively, I could find a way to have him busy doing something safe and boring outside of the plotline until you are ready to resume (at which point he would rejoin the investigators).

Either way, I would rather that you finished making your arrangement with Argyle first, but I understand if the work is too much.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Some posting expectations for everyone - I expect posts about every other day. More frequent posting is even better, but I cannot always post daily, so that would be a bit hypocritical. On the weekends, I tend to be away from my computer, so my post rate might slow down - but not always.

If, like kabukiman, there is a reason you cannot post, just mention it here.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

As a result of conversations by p.m., I will now be Keepering Tschhh until Kabukiman returns.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Sorry about the delay - I've been a little busy and I thought I might wait for Argyle to say something (not that it was really expected by the situation).
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

No probs.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I'm back! Can I take my character?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Welcome back! Tschhh has been keeping his eyes open and going along with things since you left.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Thanks for managing the character for me. I will try to do my best now... or my worst :twisted:
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Sorry about the long break...this was Columbus Day weekend in the U.S., a holiday usually celebrated by everyone getting together and talking about what a terrible person Columbus was. :?

But now I can get to the game. :)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

So Jahee's Knowledge: Human is 1%?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Yes, since he didn't put any points into it. Which reminds me, I think there were still some things left to be ironed out about Tschhh's skills.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

What things?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

You posted a draft, we talked about it, and, I think, the last thing you said about it was:
About Paleontology, your right, natural history would be enouth. I didn't include history because all the history he knows is from his own civilization who died millions of years ago.
Weather report is to predict the weather. I was trhinking of using poison as a skill, since he would be able to make his own poisons (and that's more dificult than people usually thinks), but I can drop it for medicine.
I was using the spells from Innsmouth book. Each spell of weahtor control only allowed one change of wathor (so, in a sunny day I could make appear some clouds; in a day with with clouds I could make appear lot's of clouds, in a day with lot's of clouds I could make it rain or snow, but never in a day with sun could I make rain).
...and later I mentioned that, on second thought, a Craft: Poison skill would actually work fine, although in CoC no skill rolls are necessary to succesfully poison someone if you have the poison.

This represents some significant changes to his skill sheet.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ok, I'l make the changes. Anything else?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Sorry about my little unnanounced hiatus. I was getting pretty busy, and since Mr. Handy's absence evidently halted or slowed every game I'm in (except Helluland, which is already glacial), I've found it hard to get onto the forums. The fifty percent login chance doesn't help.

But I'm back!
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

I've been talking in private with kouchpotato recently about his character. His current spells aren't too exciting, and they aren't going to lead to fun gameplay, so I'm allowing him to revise them and make them more powerful. The first change he's making is to switch "Find minerals" for a general-purpose blessing of translation, and there will be more.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

He-he! That's me, Tabs.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

A question about my skills: can I change paleonthology by fast talk or Psychology? Or something more esoteric like reading the future from a victim guts (it would neet to be a rational being, not an animal) 8-)

Return to “Servants of Chaos”