Cyclopean and Many-columned Y'ha-nthlei

In the latter part of the Aeon When the Stars Are Not Right, a Ghoul stumbles upon a lethal secret. His colleagues assemble a band of monsters-turned-investigators to avenge his death. In a twisted version of Call of Cthulhu, the players are the unspeakable terrors learning just how insane the terrestrial race is.

Moderators: kabukiman, Mi-Go Agent

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Re: Cyclopean and Many-columned Y'ha-nthlei

Post by kouchpotato »

The human has powerful wards protecting his house. In the event the humans fail to accomplish what we desire, we would need to breach them. And, as for what we can offer? Wealth. Power. Whatever it is you desire, Great one, we shall strive to provide. Argyle explains.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

- Then, the deal is done. My needs are small: a little town, some slaves to atend my needs, a seraglio, and a daily sacrifice. What Great Old One those humans workship exactly?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I'm sorry," the priest says, "but I have not studied them. Will throatpieces suit you?"
OOC,Any soldier of Y'ha-Nthlei will have used a throatpiece before. Throatpieces are small, wireless communicators concealed in the back of the mouth. They can pick up subvocalized speech, clarify it, and broadcast it to nearby units.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Jahee replies, "I will take ammunition for my HPG. And a disguise is paramount for me, as has been mentioned, humans see me as a walking fish! - If only they realised how ugly they are."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Argyle nods. That can be arranged. The human cult worship Great Cthulhu.
Last edited by kouchpotato on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, throatpieces will be most suitable," says Y'nkee. "Something else that might prove useful would be potions to restore psychic energy." He turns to Jahee with a smile. "Humans generally do not see me at all unless I choose to let them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I see," the priest says, and another Deep One enters the room, carrying an ornate wooden chest which he places on the low, blue stone table that occupies the western wall. The porter opens the chest and removes a pile of clothing and disguise gear, a package of HPG slugs, and a handful of throatpieces. Then he carefully places a stone bottle next to this equipment.

"Normally, I would not give away the liquid, but if you think you need it, you are welcome. Taking the entire draught will restore you completely."

He selects two of the throatpieces and holds them up. You notice that they seem to have a certain lustre deeper than the the other three.

"These have been endowed with souls so that they may recieve the virtue of translation. They are for your allies less skilled in languages."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Then do we have a deal? I will breach the wards of the house for a village I can call mine?" Tschhh asks Argyle.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Argyle smiles. Yes, we have a deal.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," Y'nkee says as he takes one of the ordinary throatpieces and inserts it in his mouth. He takes his share of the HPG slugs and picks out his clothing and disguise, starting to put them on. "Father Dagon has also granted me the ability to temporarily take on human form with a suitable human sacrifice, but it requires a great expenditure of psychic energy. If I perform a second sacrifice while this is still in effect, I can even become human for a short time, which would enable me to bypass those wards if it becomes necessary, but without the aid of this potion I would lack sufficient power to peform it a second time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jahee says to Y'nkee, "The psychic potion is an excellent request - to become human may be important in our adventure."

"I would love to spend time within the University and so judge the human technology, comparing it to our own."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

A look of intense disgust passes across the priest's face at Y'nkee's explanation, but he says nothing. Instead, he assists Eleanor Pickman in using one of the throatpieces. Together, the two persuade Tschhh to take one of the soulful ones.

Looking at the disguises, you see a mixture of human garments, along with detailed masks made of a fexible, yellow-brown material. Y'nkee recognizes an assortment of shirts, pants, gloves, socks, shoes and hats, all more modern than his period.
OOC,Jahee can roll Idea.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Y'nkee selects a modern black business suit, black shoes, and a striped tie and gets dressed, then puts on a non-descript face and a pair of gloves to disguise his claws. "Most people don't wear hats any more these days," he says as he looks over the head coverings. "Too bad, really. There's something to be said for a nice hat."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Successful idea roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2226280/]Idea 60% (1d100=54)[/url]
Jahee says, mock-serious, "Is it humiliating to play a human youngster?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Y'nkee shrugs. "I was human once," he says. "I can play at being human again for a worthy cause. You were human once yourself, were you not? Of course, that must have been long before I was born. What's humiliating is humans going around killing ghouls. Don't think they'll stop there. They've attacked us before, and some of them at least are aware of our existence. I think the only reason they stopped eighty years ago was that the fools believed they had wiped us out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Yes Y'nkee, I too was human as well," says Jahee reflecting on his mother. "It was a small part of my life; I know it is a cliche: like a dream! Thank Dagon, my father saved me from oblivion and now I know the truth about the universe."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Y'nkee isn't able to tell what exactly is the most current look, but he does find what he recognizes as black business clothes.
OOC,Roll Knowledge: Human to recognize the hats, or take a random pick. If Jahee wants to do more than select at random, he will need to either make a Knowledge: Human roll or ask for advice from someone.
Combing through the disguises, a waterproof bag turns up; it must be for transporting the clothes across the bottom of the ocean to dry land.

The package of ammunition, on closer inspection, contains one hundred slugs, enough to load an HPG five times.

Eleanor Pickman offers to help Argyle with the second soul-imbued throatpiece - there seems to be a knack for inserting them that the Deep Ones already have.

Jahee realizes that the human researchers in Y'ha-Nthlei have likely already made such judgments and comparisons, and may have recorded their findings. Even if they have not, they could be willing to talk about them to an interested priest.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Y'nkee shakes his head, at a loss about the latest styles. "Fashion was never my strong suit," he says. "We don't want to dress oddly, or we'll draw undue attention. Someone more knowledgeable might be able to better help us select the proper attire. Perhaps whoever made these costumes?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Argyle clears his throat several times as he tries to become accustomed to the throatpiece. I've got not idea about human fashion. The humans my Mistress and I interacted with mostly wore two piece suits. He grabs one of the masks, fitting it on, used to the feeling by now. Next goes on a dress shirt, tie, and a black suit. He fits on a pair of black leather shoes. I'll never understand these humans or their love with these foot coverings. Finally, he grabs a pair of black gloves and fits them on, stuffing the revolver into the inside pocket of the coat.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Knowledge,60%[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2229601/]1d100=58[/url]. Is that correct?
Jahee looks through the garments with distaste, he says to Argyle, "It is not only the human foot coverings, but all of it, clothing seems so unecessary - I suppose, though, their hide is extremely thin."

To himself: "I will remember to query the researchers here about the humans' current knowledge."

Return to “Servants of Chaos”