Cyclopean and Many-columned Y'ha-nthlei

In the latter part of the Aeon When the Stars Are Not Right, a Ghoul stumbles upon a lethal secret. His colleagues assemble a band of monsters-turned-investigators to avenge his death. In a twisted version of Call of Cthulhu, the players are the unspeakable terrors learning just how insane the terrestrial race is.

Moderators: kabukiman, Mi-Go Agent

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Cyclopean and Many-columned Y'ha-nthlei

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"The priesthood would not have brought us conspicuous garments, and anyway my experience confirms that these are slightly old but normal. Do not worry abou them, although you will still be somewhat noticeable amongst humans because you move and smell differently than they do," Pickman explains.
OOC,What was that roll for, Jahee? When I click the link I get an error message. You have a Knowledge: Human of 1%, not 60%, and you already made your idea roll.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Y'nkee shrugs and picks out a black hat and a pair of sunglasses, then puts them on. "Can't go wrong with black," he says. "Black goes with everything. Makes it harder to see you in the dark, too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

OOC/Mi-Go,The button reveals now - maybe Invisible Castle was down? Anyway, ignore it, irrelevant and wrong. :)

Jahee looks astonished at the transformation of Y'nkee, and hurriedly puts on the garments.
OOC/Mr. Handy,That photo is so cool and right, I must have a go, too. :P
"Hmmm, this doesn't fit my self image at all, and I've got the wrong sex!"
"This is more like it. What do you think?" adds Jahee shyly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, that is good," says Y'nkee. "Of course, you should take care that it is not too good. That can attract attention too."
OOC,Hehe, thanks! 8-) Maybe you'd like to take this one instead, so they match: [img]http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/beale/m/150/s/images/profiles/characters/dan-aykroyd.jpg[/img]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Pickman makes a strange, quiet sound - a muffled Ghoulish laugh.

"What exactly are your plans?" she inquires.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The first thing we'll need to do is contact the cult," says Y'nkee. "They're locals, so they may know something about Professor Dimmesdale, or failing that they might be able to find out. The next step depends on what, if anything, they can tell us. If we can find out what the professor is interested in, we may be able to arrange a meeting by using the cult as a go-between. Humans are often tempted by forbidden knowledge, especially scholarly types. That could be what we need to draw him out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Yes, a good idea, Y'nkee. Lets travel to Innsmouth - it sounds like an ideal place to emerge from the waves," says Jahee.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,Your "disguises" are authentic human garments and will be ruined by the Atlantic if you leave the air-filled room wearing them.
Tschhh starts to become confused, wondering if he has misheard something. His projected thoughts reach everyone in the room.

Emerge from the waves? Where are we?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This is Y'ha-nthlei, the pearl of the Atlantic Ocean," says Y'nkee as he takes off his disguise and packs it away in the waterproof containers. "It's one of our cities under the sea of this world, near the coast of a large continent where humans live. The town of Innsmouth is on the coast, not far away. Many hybrids, the offspring of humans and Deep Ones, live there. They will eventually transform fully into Deep Ones when they mature. Some humans live there too, but they know to keep their eyes and mouths shut. Arkham is a human town some miles from Innsmouth."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Jahee removes his disguise as well.
"Tschhh, humans are adaptable to our ways, Innsmouth proves it, unfortunately they do not know what is best for them and cannot recognise us as higher beings in the Universe; they continue to be an interesting thorn in our side. If only Father Dagon would bother to cleanse this planet of the human vermin!" says Jahee, frothing at the mouth slightly.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

If we are under the sea, where is the water? Tschhh wonders. And the town you promised - is it one of Deep Ones or humans?

While the origins of the summoning are unknown, he does not look adapted to life underwater.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The water is all around us," says Y'nkee, "but not in this chamber. It has been prepared for air-breathing visitors to Y'ha-nthlei such as yourself and the ghouls who summoned you. They can best tell you about the village that will be your reward."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Argyle adjusts the face mask, smoothing out any severe wrinkles to make it as life like as possible. The town shall be of humans, your Greatness. Though they may seem primitive and stupid at times they have a sort of low cunning, like an animal. I'm sure they'll serve your purposes just fine.
Last edited by kouchpotato on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"'Primitive', yes Argyle, that was the word I was looking for," says Jahee, "humans are primitive."

"I am eager to start - it has been several centuries since my last visit to dry land."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

It occurs to Tschhh that he has been duped into accepting a lesser reward, and at first he seem about to protest.

Then he relaxes. Instead of thinking, he makes an effort to speak aloud. His throatpiece picks up the motions of the atrophied muscles, translates them, amplifies them, and broadcasts them so that they are audible to the assembled creatures.

"I should have asked before agreeing. I'll remember not to make the same mistake the next time we make a deal."
OOC,You may go to the "Innsmouth" thread whenever you are ready.

Return to “Servants of Chaos”