Page 1 of 1

Legend-haunted Arkham

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:11 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
8:59 P.M., Arkham, August 10th, 2009

A faded brown minivan pulls up in front of an unlit two-story house. The house is dingy and in need of maintenance, but the creatures who emerge from the van have been to much more dilapidated places. The autmobile drives off into the night, leaving an odd group standing on the sagging porch steps of the house.
OOC,Y'nkee knows enough to try the doorknob and the doorbell. A Knowledge:Human roll can give some insight into the door. If you roll for both the door and the architecture, indicate which roll is which somehow. There are windows next to the door, and it is possible to walk down the narrow, grassy space between the house and the next one over to get to the back yard.

Re: Legend-haunted Arkham

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:32 pm
by Tabs
Jahee says, "Y'nkee, do we wait outside or break down the door?"

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:18 pm
by kabukiman
-Are there any guards inside?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:17 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Neither," Y'nkee answers Jahee. "We simply let him know that we are here. Humans sometimes shoot first and ask questions later when you break into their homes. This Yof-Thas will be much more eager to help us if we do things the polite way. The door might not even be locked, though these days and considering his profession, it's highly likely that it is." He examines both the door and the house very carefully. "Humans use something called a doorbell on the outside of their doors. If we ring it, he will know we are here and come to the door so we can talk. Even if there were no bell, we could still knock on the door to alert him. There may be another door in the back as well. He very well might have guards, members of his cult or perhaps even summoned creatures."

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:17 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle nods. I agree. No sense being shot by an overzealous new recruit.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 am
by kabukiman
-So, do you want to me to call him? What am I suppose to say?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"No, I'll ring the bell and speak to him," says Y'nkee. "I'll tell him we're here on a mission for Great Cthulhu."
OOC,Just waiting for the results of my two successful Knowledge: Humanity rolls.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 am
by Tabs
Jahee says,"I'm sorry, Y'nkee, Argyle, Tschhh, Eleanor; to wait on humans, to be subserviant to inferiors, is something I'll have to get used to or I'll jeopardise our mission."

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:48 pm
by kabukiman
-I can try to control his mind and bring him to another place. Actually, staying in his house is probably better.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
From Y'nkee's knowledge of human architecture, he can tell that the house is a relatively recent (last ten to sixty years) imitation of a federalist house, done in wood instead of brick. Although the woodwork seems to be in good shape, it is could use a new coat of paint and a little maintenance. He has visited much more decrepit places.

Examining the door, he finds a small, iridescent green bar that he correctly identifies as the doorbell. Pressing on it causes the sound of a bell to come from inside the house, but otherwise no response. When he tries the doorknob, the door refuses to open. He judges it to be locked, and, spotting a keyhole, decides that it is one of the more common mechanical locks used by humans, easy to open for someone with the requisite mechanical skill but otherwise requiring a unique key. He considers using the grotesque metal knocker on the door, but knowing that it will likely be less effective than the doorbell, holds off.
OOC,If you decide to force the front door, it has a strength of ten. The windows, of course, will break easily. Tschhh can use his psionic powers, cast mind control, or cast implant thoughts to try to contact Yof-thas, but since you don't really know who or where he is, doing any of these will require a succesful Luck roll first. If you try Implant Thoughts, you can skip rolling to remain undetected since presumably you want to be detected.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's take a look around the back first," says Y'nkee. He leads the way down the narrow grassy stretch between the houses to the back yard.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:44 am
by Tabs
Jahee waddles after Y'nkee, he says, "I expected Yof-thas to greet us?"

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
The back yard is a small plot of land with moderately high grass, partitioned from other properties by a thin but high wooden fence. A six-foot, T-shaped aluminum pole with no evident function sticks out of the ground in the middle of the yard.

A set of concrete steps lead down from the level of the lawn to a basement door in the rear of the house. The door is, upon inspection, also locked, although it looks flimsier than the front one.
OOC,The basement door has a strength of 8 if you choose to try bashing it down.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"This door should be easy enough to force," says Y'nkee, "but let's not do that unless we have to. Tschhh, maybe you should try to establish telepathic contact with Yof-thas and get him to come to the door."

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:13 pm
by kouchpotato
Argyle discreetly pulls out his revolver. I could try and shoot out the lock if it comes to that.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"I would strongly advise against that," says Y'nkee. "A gunshot would attract attention, not just from the house, but from all over. The police would no doubt be called as well. Besides, it will be easy enough to break open the door if we cannot establish mental contact. Hmm...or we could use a telephone. Everybody has one these days. Miss Pickman, do you know Yof-thas's telephone number, by any chance?"

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:01 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"If I had an Arkham telephone book, I could look him up based on his real name. I think the priest told us it was Leonard Baig. There are other ways also, but they tend to be more difficult - for example, in the right circumstances I could find it out through the Internet, a more complicated example of their technology," she replies.
If you shoot the lock,just roll damage. CoC rules say that an ordinary roll for any firearm skill assumes making a serious effort to hit a target at some distance under time constraints, taking a second or two to aim. Since the lock isn't moving anywhere and you can take an hour to line up the shot if you feel like it, not to mention the point-blank range bonus (which I think gives you a guaranteed hit anyway), I'll assume you don't miss.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"There should be a telephone book with every public phone," says Y'nkee. "We'd need some of their money to use one though. Just coins of small denomination. Or we could place a collect call, but I don't know if he'd accept the charges. Telepathy will probably be more effective, but if that doesn't work, it's worth a try."

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:30 pm
by Tabs
"I have some mechanical skill. Also I may be able to make telepathic contact with whoever is inside, and suggest they open the door?"

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,I'm just going to mention that this is a U.S. city in 2009 before you go looking for phonebooks in phonebooths. If you want to pick the lock, you'll need some kind of tool. A Knowledge: Human roll will allow you to use your mechanical repair to pick the lock, or, with a failure, you can roll at half the skill.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:45 am
by kabukiman
-If he doesn't answer the door, that could mean that nobody is in the house, right?

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:38 pm
by Tabs
"That is one possibility! No-one is home. Waiting outside is a complete waste of our time. Let us just force the door," says Jahee impatiently.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:37 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Even if you come to a consensus on your actions, someone has to actually say that his character does something before it gets done.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:15 pm
by kabukiman
-So at least he is not a high-priest or he would be living in a palace. He must probably just have one or two slaves that are with him. We could ask to one of his neighbors where is the temple of the cult that he belongs.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"His neighbors may be completely unaware of the cult," says Y'nkee. "He needs to keep it secret from other humans. Before we break in and risk antagonizing the human we want to help us, one of you should try to establish mental contact with him. He may not be home at all, in which case there's no reason to go inside, but you might be able to detect his location if he is not. On the other hand, he may be home and simply not answering his door."

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:41 am
by kabukiman
-Don't know? Why? Don't the humans have temples to the Great Old Ones? Well, I will try to make a mental contact with him.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:10 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Which spell/ability are you using? You can go ahead and make the rolls - Luck due to the circumstances, and if you pass, then whatever you would normally need.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"The vast majority of humans are ignorant of the Great Old Ones' very existence," says Y'nkee. "Those that do know of and reverence them build temples, but they do so in secret, so as to preserve the ignorance of their fellow humans. Humans fear and try to destroy what they do not understand, and they frequently slay their own kind. Numbers are not on the worshippers' side; hence the need for secrecy. Only in some places such as Innsmouth are the temples out in the open. The Esoteric Order of Dagon's temple in Innsmouth is truly a wonder. I've often attended services and rituals there."

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 pm
by Tabs
"Tschhh, try your psyhcic power."

"Eleanor, what other leads can we follow up?"

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:24 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,I'm using control mind but I don't know how much points have Yof-Thas
Tschh concentrad himself and was lucky that his victim wasnear. He wasn't sure if he succeded.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
At first it seems as if he has failed, but suddenly the Ice-Priest feels the connection. Yof-Thas was somehow vulnerable to the control, and now he is barely at the command of Tschhh.
Alright,what are you commanding him to do? You still don't know where he is, but are now pretty sure he is somewhere in his house.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:40 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,He will feel that something great will happen and will open the door to fulfill his destiny (my character is egomaniac after all)

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Everyone roll listen. If you make the roll, read the second bit of hidden text; if not, you hear nothing.
Sounds,In the quiet night air, you hear the sound of wood slamming followed by a shout, both coming from the house. After a time, you hear another, louder sound of wood smashing into wood, this one coming from the front of the house. It is followed by rapid stomping.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:05 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle presses his ear to the door. His superior ghoulish hearing picks up something. He quickly draws his revolver. It sounds like a struggle...

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Y'nkee can't hear a thing, but he takes the Ghoul at his word. Standing to one side of the door and leaning against the wall, he reaches across and uses his superior strength to force the flimsy back door open.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:11 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Beyond the broken door is an unlit basement. To nocturnal eyes, it shows itself to be empty and still. There are some inexpensive-looking tools and pieces of scientific equipment lying around, and an open cabinet contains some mildly occult paraphernalia. An old wooden stairway leads up, presumably to the ground level.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:54 pm
by Tabs
"Trouble?" asks Jahee.
Weapons,Our weapons, are they at hand?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd like to know that too. Also, is the Psychic Rifle silent?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,Can Tschh try to read any thougths of hostility in the house

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:48 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,First I have a question for you - are you currently wearing your disguises? Your weapons are at hand, I'm presuming slung or attached to your bodies in a convenient way (for walking around, not fast-drawing) unless you say otherwise. The psychic rifle is completely silent. Tschhh can roll Read Mind. Since he isn't trying to read an individual's mind, just get an impression of states of mind in a general area, he'll only pick up impressions, not actual thoughts.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, we're still in disguise, or at least I am.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:43 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh can easily read what is happening.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 am
by Tabs
Image "My gills are blocked by this disguise!"
He swings the "Nike" sports bag (containing his weapon), that was given to Jahee back home.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Tschhh senses overwhelming dissapointment, along with some anxiety.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 pm
by kabukiman
-Doesn't seem to be any danger. Let's continue.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee calls into the house: "Yof-Thas, can you hear me? May we come in?"

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:58 pm
by Tabs
Image "Careful everyone." He unzips the sports bag which holds his weapon.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:09 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Y'nkee's bellow echoes through the house.

"Who are you?" comes a shout from above, "And how do you know...um, Yof-thas?"

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I am Y'nkee," he answers. "Among my companions is Jahee, a priest who serves the same master as Yof-Thas. We have heard of the greatness of Yof-Thas and have come to seek his aid. We're on a mission from Great Cthulhu."

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:27 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Fellow servants of Great Cthulhu? I am Yof-thas. Where are you? I would...I'll listen to your problem."

The voice sounds much more confident now.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:31 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We are at the back door," says Y'nkee. "Thank you, fellow servant."

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:59 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
A creaking sound and a shaft of light come from the top of the stairs. A tall, thin, bearded man walks down them, then sees his visitors in the dim basement and stops.

"Um...you are welcome. Follow me up - we can talk in my parlor."

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee leads the way into the house, ready to follow Yof-Thas.

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:07 am
by kouchpotato
With some tredipation Argyle follows Y'nkee.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:09 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh will try to probe his feelings, but cannot feel anything.

OOC: Invisible castle didn't worked, so I had to use dices and failed.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:57 pm
by Tabs
Jahee follows upstairs.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:58 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
The man leads you through a kitchen to a parlor filled with sagging but relatively clean furniture. He takes a seat in a large chair, indicating the other chairs and couches with his hands.
OOC,Since you had the help of an expert - Pickman - in putting on your disguises, you don't have to make a disguise roll. If you want to appear human while talking to the cultist, roll Knowledge: Human. If you fail, you'll make some obvious mistake, such as emitting an echolocation burst. You can have fun RPing the gaffe, and you can try to cover for it, if you wish. You also have the less risky option of refraining from motion - sitting and talking like a machine, which will not give anything away but will alert Yof-thas to the fact that there is something odd about his visitors. No matter what you choose to do, make a second Knowledge: Human roll to realize something. Y'nkee also has a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Tschh doesn't have human know, since it's the first time he is actually seing a human.
Tschh was surprised with the human. He was similar to the Innsmouth breed, but they were some subtle differences. But more surprising was the similarities with his own kind. Maybe the Great Old Ones had decide to create a new specie after the destruction of his people and decide to use it as a model since they were perfect. But why didn't they worship the Great Old Ones? Tschhh had to caught one human and vivissect him to see if there were any differences physically.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:51 pm
by kouchpotato
Argyle follows the human, but keeps his hand on his revolver.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:24 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Tschhh can act as he would towards another ice-priest, towards a commoner, or take the "safe" option.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:31 am
by kabukiman
OOC,Not like a ice-priest, but as a priest, even if inferior rank

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee looks around as he makes his way to the parlor, but doesn't notice anything unusual. He takes a seat on one of the couches and begins to speak, continuing in English and subvocalizing to his companions through his throatpiece to translate what Yof-Thas says for the benefit of those who do not know the language.

"Let us get down to business, then," says Y'nkee, his speech and mannerisms convincingly human. "Allow me to introduce Miss Pickman." He indicates the female Ghoul. "There is a man in Arkham, one Professor Dimmesdale, who has information that we seek. We need to speak to him, but we cannot make contact with him directly for various reasons. That is where you and your congregation come in. We request that you establish friendly contact with the professor and arrange a meeting between him and us on neutral ground."

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 pm
by Tabs
Image He nods carefully after Y'nkee's words but otherwise attempts to remain still.

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:21 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I've never heard of this "Professor Dimmesdale"," replies Yof-thas, "but there are a lot of university professors at Miskatonic I don't know. What is it about him that makes him impossible to contact by telephone or e-mail?"

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:40 pm
by kabukiman
-Do not make questions to your superiors! Just answer them!.
OOC,Tschh uses intimidation. I used dices since invisible castle is down and had a 16%, with a base skill of 70%

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"We cannot rule out the possibility that the professor is being monitored," says Y'nkee. "We would rather not risk having telephone calls or e-mails intercepted."

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
The cultist jumps out of his chair when Tschhh shouts suddenly. Frightened, he responds quickly.

"I can meet him myself. It won't be a problem."

After a few moments, he continues more cautiously, spooked by his odd guests but still unable to put his finger on anything,

"Erm...I wasn't aware you were my superiors."

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:27 am
by Tabs
Jahee talks to his colleagues, "He appears to be disorientated - perhaps we ought to reveal our true selves?"

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think so," subvocalizes Y'nkee into his throatpiece. "Humans can react unpredictably when they see us as we truly are." He continues audibly and in English. "Tschhh here is also a priest, one of high status. He may seem odd, but his powers and his dedication to Great Cthulhu are considerable."

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:19 am
by kabukiman
-Do you have a glass of water?

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:59 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle stares down the human, still holding the revolver with his hand inside his coat. What were those noises we heard earlier when we were coming in?

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:51 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Has Argyle rolled Knowledge: Human?
"I can get a glass from my kitchen..." Yof-thas begins, then scurries off.

He returns, and cautiously places the glass on a table in front of Tschhh.

"I didn't hear any noises earlier, but you might have heard me stomping around and slamming the doors. It was...never mind."

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:13 am
by kouchpotato
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2310456/]Failed Hardcore[/url]

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 am
by kabukiman
Tschh takes the glass of water, touch the water, freez it, being sure that Yof-thas see it (and spend 5 magic points with that) so he may see that Tschh really have powers. .

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:49 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
The cultist looks eagerly at the glass once it becomes clear Tschhh is working some kind of spell. He stares into the cold mist that begins to surround it, and jumps when the water freezes suddenly with a crack. Pieces of glass fly out around the room, as the water's instantaneous expansion breaks the container before it can bulge out of the top.

Then he notices Argyle...
OOC,Alright! First critical failure! Argyle, you can pretty much do whatever you want in RPing this.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:06 pm
by Tabs
Jahee stares at Argyle in surprise at his lapse. To Argyle: "And I was trying so hard to appear human!" Out loud, the sound of Jahee's words (to Yof-thas) are: "Glub blibbar qwerty ping!"

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:33 am
by kouchpotato
As Argyle speaks his fangs protrude from his mouth, slurring his speech to the human slightly. He raises a hand to cover it, and as he does his claws extend from his fingers.

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:15 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh says only to his companions:
-Do not do that! Don't show any weakness! Just demand what you need!

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:05 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Argyle has to actually do something. What kind of Keeper would let you get off role-playing this? If you're actually stuck for inspiration, I'll use my Keeper powers to edit something appropriate into your post, but don't make me do it.

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: What would be apropriate in this ocasion? "Master, can I get a bone of the human as soon as you finish to torture him? Me being hungry!" 8-)

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:50 pm
by kouchpotato
OOC,Okay, I'm sort of confused. All I know is I failed my Knowledge: Human roll. I'm not sure what the consequences were. Sorry if I'm missing something completely obvious but I'm a bit lost :S

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 am
by Tabs
Jahee: "It is time to intimidate Yof-thas! Show him that WE are the masters here."

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:01 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Argyle, like every other character, arrived at the house of a human cultist in diguise. If you had been, say, humans arriving at the headquarters of an organization in disguises you had made, you would have had to roll Disguise. However, that just didn't seem right to me, since you are all wearing perfect disguises put on by experts. If Yof-thas guesses your identities, it will be by your nonhuman behavior. So, in order to maintain the charade of being human before Yof-thas, everyone had to roll Knowledge: Human to avoid doing something that will give him a clue. One failure would not have given you away completely, but it would have put you in interesting circumstances. With his critical failure, Argyle had done something that would be horrifying or impossible for a normal human being, revealing to Yof-thas that he is dealing with stranger guests. For example, Argyle might suddenly unsheath his claws, causing them to rip out of his gloves, or he could open his mouth and extend a foot-long tongue, or he could say or do something frightening to contemplate.

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:51 pm
by kouchpotato
OOC,Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I'll go back and edit the post.

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:56 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
As Jahee shouts in Reason, the cultist falls on his knees.

"It is so difficult to tell! I've tried to serve Great Cthulhu, but I am only human!"

He keeps his down, staring at the carpeted floor beneath.

"What do you want of me?" he demands.

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:27 pm
by Tabs
OOC,Interesting! - Without Mr. Handy, how do we ask questions?

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:59 pm
by Mr. Handy

"All we want is for you to follow your instructions," says Y'nkee calmly in English. "Arrange a meeting for us with Professor Dimmesdale. If there are further things we require of you, we will let you know."

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:06 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"It will take me some time to do this...I will find his house and visit it myself, tonight. Do you want me to tell him anything about you?" the Cultist asks.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm
by Mr. Handy

"You can tell him that we are seekers of knowledge, like himself," says Y'nkee. "We have knowledge that he would be interested in learning, in exchange for what he can tell us. I'm hoping that will intrigue him enough to agree to the meeting. As a scholar, he will find it hard to resist the lure of secret knowledge. We should hold the meeting here, at your house."

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:49 pm
by kabukiman
-Ask the human to discover if the professor has some family. If he has, we can kidnap them and persuade him to come to us.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:05 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We should only resort to that if necessary," Y'nkee subvocalizes to Tscchh in Reason. "He may very well be willing to share what he knows without such measures, and if he is the information will be more complete and accurate." In English he continues. "We also would like you to dig up any information you can find on the professor, on the Internet and elsewhere. We need to know everything about his studies, his interests, and any family members he has."

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:23 pm
by kabukiman
-Of course, we don't need to enrage the local priests. But I doubt they would missed much of him, he doesn't seem to have lot's of powers; probably just know how to make some rituals to the local peasants.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 pm
by Tabs
"Tschhh is right: we can insure co-operation by kidnapping Yof-thas's loved ones. These slime respond to fear!"

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I will - I will go do that. Will you remain here, or will you contact me when you want the information?" the Cultist asks.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:36 pm
by kabukiman
-Better go to another place, so he won't know where we are. It's more intimidating.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee nods. "We will return for the information and to find out the details of the meeting tomorrow evening," he says.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 am
by kabukiman
Tschh makes a scary look, then leave the house.
-So, are all the humans like that? Seems things haven't change a lot in the last milions of years. I bet if we had cut his hand, he would be even more helpful.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:40 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle hangs his head and follows Y'nkee, saying nothing.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Now where do you plan to go?

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:45 pm
by kabukiman
-We can go to peasant hut, terrorize the owners and force them to mantain us until tomorow. Or we can try to see a bit of the humans how they are, since it seems nobody have a clue about them.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"We don't want to do anything that might draw attention to ourselves," says Y'nkee, "so interacting with humans should be kept to a minimum. I think we should talk to the local Ghouls. They would have more knowledge about the situation in Arkham and about the humans too. Miss Pickman and Argyle should know how and where to contact them."

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 am
by kabukiman
-Whateaver you prefer. Let's go then.

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:10 am
by Mi-Go Agent
Pickman, who has been watching everything with reserve, follows you out.

"I must say, that man was not a typical representation of his species. It isn't far from here to the nearest cemetery - it never is, in Arkham. We can walk, and try to avoid meeting anyone. Argyle, since your gloves are destroyed, try keeping your paws in the pockets of your pants."

She leads the way down the sidewalk, and you pass habitations, some dark and some illuminated.

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee follows Eleanor Pickman, maintaining his disguise and taking care to walk like a human. He examines his surroundings and makes sure to remember the route between the house of Yof-Thas and the cemetery.

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am
by kabukiman
-I don't understand. They can do magic very powerful like those machines who runn without animal but they cannot make a simple spell of turning water in ice! And why hs is not a representative of his race? What diferences do they have? And why are the cult of the Great Old Ones a secret?

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:08 pm
by Tabs
Jahee also takes care whilst walking - he has a tendency to stoop, and almost to drag his knuckles upon the ground.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:27 am
by kouchpotato
Arglye turns to Tschh, keeping his gloves well in his jacket. They can turn water to ice, it just takes a while. Did you see that white box in Innsmouth? They put their water in their and eventually it turns to ice.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:14 am
by kabukiman
-Ohh! I see. Different kind of spells.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:27 am
by Mi-Go Agent
Pickman leads everyone around a corner, where a small cemetery plot hides between two brick buildings. As she approaches the small metal gate, she freezes.

"Someone's in there. That will make entering the tunnels more difficult."

Sure enough, you can see a light in the cemetery, and now you notice the dark shapes and soft sounds of a figure moving near the light.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee instinctively takes cover, but his large bulk makes it hard to hide himself. Luckily, it is quite dark, so that will at least help mask his presence. His eyes are slowly adjusting to the dark. Even so, he can't quite make out the details of the person in the cemetery.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:33 am
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,No rolls needed yet - you haven't entered the cemetery. If you do want to enter, pick between conceal or sneak - sneak only if you want to move around stealthily, but either will be fine for just seeing what the person is doing. You will be close enough to not need a Spot Hidden roll.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 pm
by kabukiman
-I will go there. It seems I can pass by a human without any problems.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"We are all in disguise and look the part," says Y'nkee, "but one also needs to be able to act the part, and to speak and understand the language. I can do those things, and I can also move about undetected, so I might not even need to do so. I should be the one to go in for a closer look."

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 am
by kabukiman
-Agreed.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:04 pm
by kouchpotato
Argyle nods. Sounds like a plan.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:09 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Invisible Castle is still down, so I rolled my own dice. Got a 97 on my Sneak roll. :oops: Also, I think you meant Hide rather than Conceal. Conceal for hiding things other than yourself.

Y'nkee opens the metal gate, which creaks loudly. It doesn't seem likely that whoever is inside would have missed that. Still, there's nothing else for it now. He walks into the cemetery as if he belongs there and gets a closer look at the figure.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:19 am
by kabukiman
-Get your claws and fangs ready to help him if necessary...

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:58 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Even though the gate's wail resounds through the cemetery, it doesn't seem to disturb the figure. As Y'nkee approaches, he sees a heavyset man kneeling beside a recently dug-up grave. Light comes from a large flashlight on the ground. The mound of earth and the shovel hastily tossed to his side leave no doubt about what this person was doing. He is now feverishly ripping the nails from the exposed coffin lid using a hammer and a small metal tool. He is giving the task his full, perhaps manic attention, and is clearly oblivious to anything else.

Then the sound of approaching engines begins to rumble through the night.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:01 pm
by kabukiman
-I would sugest that we leave this place quickly.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee returns to the gate and rejoins the others, reporting what he observed. "Those engines probably signify that cars are coming. We should hide and watch what they do. I'm curious to know who is digging up a grave and why. I doubt that fellow in there is a Ghoul, or he would not have been so obvious and so oblivious, nor would he need that lantern to see."

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:04 am
by kabukiman
-More machines who walk alone! That's fascinating!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:30 am
by Tabs
Jahee crouches down behind the cemetery fence.
OOC,I've been away. I quickly scanned the last two pages, but didn't see the answer: why are we at a cemetery?

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:03 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,After finishing with the cult leader, the characters decided to go to a graveyard in order to contact the Arkham ghouls. Pickman lead the way to this one, which has a secret entrance to the ghoul warrens beneath Arkham.
"Nope, not a ghoul. And not up to anything ordinary, either, since this is a historical graveyard - no one new has been buried here for decades."

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 pm
by kabukiman
-Maybe a scavanger looking for the jewels that are buried with some noble tomb?

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:00 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Group luck roll - the character with the lowest luck should post a roll for it.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:18 am
by kouchpotato
OOC,I think I have the lowest luck, with 65. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2338801/]Rolled a 68 :([/url]
Argyle pulls out his revolver, crouching as low as he can. Few humans these days are buried with their riches, atleast not where I come from.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee takes cover behind some dense bushes, holding his Psychic Rifle at the ready, just in case.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:17 pm
by Tabs
Jahee says, "Perhaps we should warn the graverobber of the noise - it may have useful information for us?"

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"We don't know if we can trust this person," subvocalizes Y'nkee into his throatpiece. "Besides, I doubt he would hear or pay attention to us anyway if he can't hear the cars. We can find out more by observing, and then intervene if we need to."

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:16 pm
by kabukiman
-What other reason would made him to be here? Eating bodies?

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:54 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Two headlights speed out of the night and screech to a halt beside the cemetery. It isn't a car, but two motorcycles. The riders leave their bikes idling, leaned against the fence, then hurry through the gate.

Unfortunately, they notice you at the last moment. In the dark, it is impossible for them to make out any details, but they realize that a group is gathered at a time and a place where they do not belong.

"Hello?", the smaller of the riders tries, while fumbling under his jacket. The larger one is looking around carefully, clearly on edge.

Y'nkee is hidden from sight, but Tschhh is clearly visible, while Jahee and Argyle are crouching. Pickman is hanging back, but has not hidden herself. The eyes of ghouls and deep ones are much better adapted to low light, so you can tell more about the riders than they can see of you. One is a very large, powerful-looking man, with one of his hands in his jacket pocket, while the smaller rider has one hand out and open while the other one searches for something in his jacket. It is impossible to see their faces, since both of them are wearing motorcycle helmets, as well as large jackets, gloves, and running shoes.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if the crouching was supposed to be an attempt at hiding. As I interpreted it, Jahee at least was crouching behind the fence to avoid being seen by the grave robber, which would not hide him from the riders at all. Since Y'nkee actually made a roll, I'm clear on what he is doing, but if anyone else was hiding from the road, tell me. If we see combat soon, only roll to hit - I'll roll damage.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The spoiler button above didn't quite work. Here's what it said: I'm not sure if the crouching was supposed to be an attempt at hiding. As I interpreted it,Jahee at least was crouching behind the fence to avoid being seen by the grave robber, which would not hide him from the riders at all. Since Y'nkee actually made a roll, I'm clear on what he is doing, but if anyone else was hiding from the road, tell me. If we see combat soon, only roll to hit - I'll roll damage.

"One of you who can speak English should talk to them," subvocalizes Y'nkee into his throatpiece. "I'd do it, but it's best that they don't know I'm here just yet. Keep it peaceful if you can and see what you can find out about what they're doing here. If they ask you, tell them you were just out for a walk when you noticed that man in the graveyard. If they try anything, I'll be ready."

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:21 am
by kabukiman
Tschh will make some sounds with his mouth to explain he cannot speak and then will point to the graveyard.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 am
by kabukiman
-AHOHUH!

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 am
by Tabs
[OOC, Time for Jahee's Language Spell? - (I haven't a clue how spells work!).]

"Good evening. There is a fellow in the graveyard, what he is up to, I dare not say. Are you two... Authority?"

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:08 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,The translate spell costs 3 MP. Spells,unless specifically described otherwise, just happen - no hand-waving or chanting required. Shall I assume that Jahee casts it?
"I think these might be the same people who ambushed Argyle and I," Pickman informs you through her throatpiece.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's a good thing we're in disguise," replies Y'nkee quietly into his throatpiece. "You have to do your best to pretend to be human, or these guys are liable to try something. Then again, they might anyway. If this turns violent, I've got the big guy in my sights, but let's hope it doesn't. It's easier to get information out of them while they're alive, but even if we have to kill them, I know there are ways..." He aims his Psychic Rifle at the larger of the two bikers from his place of concealment, watching and listening carefully.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 am
by Tabs
OOC,Quote, Mi-Go Agent: "The translate spell costs 3 MP. Spells,unless specifically described otherwise, just happen - no hand-waving or chanting required. Shall I assume that Jahee casts it?" Yes please.
Jahee shows the men his open palms, in a gesture of friendship.

[OOC, it just occurred to me that Jahee does not understand human speech. Can we assume Y'nkee translates for him?]

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
As a result of Jahee's spell, the human's speech becomes understandable to everyone.

"Good evening. There is a fellow in the graveyard, what he is up to, I dare not say. Are you two... Authority?" Jahee asks.

After a moments hesitation, the man replies, "You could say that. I'm a member of the Arkham Historical Graveyard Society, just taking a routine look. I can't imagine why anyone would be in there, and that worries me. You are..?"
OOC,You can roll Psychology to see what you think about his answer. Reading his mind would also work.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:10 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Can Tschh read their thoughts?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:34 pm
by kouchpotato
Argyle stands up, keeping his head lowered and his hands hidden from view.

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"You can make up a name," subvocalizes Y'nkee into his throatpiece. "Or you could use your old human name, from before your transformation. They might not be able to tell if you're lying, but if they can at least that way you'd actually be telling the truth. If you want to make up a name, choose one that's common, but not too common, or they'll know it's fake. Jack is a good first name, or Steve, or you could borrow Matthew's first name. For a last name, maybe Carter, Harris, or Johnson."

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 am
by Tabs
"Jakob Dee.
"Myself and my friends are touring Arkham, it has splendid architecture. We have day-jobs, so carry on our hobby in the evening.
"Good night!"

[OOC, I'm trying to have Jahee speak like I guess a 17th century English gentleman would have done.]

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:19 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Tschh will have to roll his skill (Psionic power: read mind,which is at 60) in order to read the persons mind. Jahee has a Psychology skill of 55, and Y'nkee has a Psychology skill of 5.

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:02 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh could read the newcomers as if they were members of his own race.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:33 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee observes the two men carefully, but he can't tell what their intentions are.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:14 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Since Jahee never actually was a 17th century English gentleman, I wouldn't expect his speech to be historically accurate.
As Tschh reads the man's mind, he receives a series of sudden shocks. His first surprise is just how like one of his own race the person is. While there are obvious differences, his mind feels much more similar to that of a commoner than it does to any of the creatures - Deep Ones and Ghouls - that he has met on this world so far. The next thing Tschh realizes is that that this person, at least for his species, is completely insane. Memories keep surfacing of experiences that he is unable to explain or understand. Some of these, such as fighting a human priest of Ithaqua, are easily comprehensible to Tschh, but seem to break and distort the man's thoughts. Most of his current thoughts seem to have little to do with the situation - he is consumed by the need to destroy what he sees as blasphemies and filth, and his subconcious constantly is constantly howling this desire through his waking mind. It is only through some cleverness and mental flexibility that he is able to appear the composed being that talks to Jahee.

Almost casually, Tschh realizes that the person - whose name he picks up as Maxwell Levitt - is lying. He wants to enter the graveyard to destroy something he finds abhorrent, but fears that no one else would understand or believe him, and so is inventing a plausible excuse. Levitt also is experiencing a growing suspicion of the people he is talking to.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"Erm...good night, I guess," says Levitt, clearly confused by Jahee's language. He enters the cemetery with his companion, closing the gate behind him.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 pm
by kabukiman
In a subvocal way, Tschh says to the others:
-Careful with him, he seems to be insane and fanatic. He also fights the followers of the Walker of the Wastes.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 pm
by Tabs
OOC,Mi-Go said: "Since Jahee never actually was a 17th century English gentleman, I wouldn't expect his speech to be historically accurate." Okay... but, his mother was a 17th century English gentlewoman. Ha-ha!
"What shall we do now?"

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"We watch them and find out what they're up to," says Y'nkee into his throatpiece. He keeps an eye on the strange humans from his vantage point.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:07 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Tabs, I didn't think about it that way - I guess he could claim to be of the gentle class by blood, although I don't know if having an inhuman father, not married to his mother by any ceremony known to humanity, would invalidate that. My point is that, to the best of my knowledge, he never lived as a gentleman in England, although I suppose he could have.
A series of loud metallic cracks comes from the graveyard.

"Bullets on tombstones," Pickman says, confirming your suspicions.

A brilliant, supernatural light flares temporarily from near where the grave robber was, and then dies down.

"I think we might have gotten into the ghoul warrrens faster if I picked a different entrance," Pickman adds.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm going to try to get a closer look at what they're doing," says Y'nkee into his throatpiece as he hides his Psychic Rifle. "If they see me, I'll just pretend I was walking down the street and heard the shooting." He slips closer to get a good look at them, moving behind cover whenever possible and silently.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:12 pm
by Tabs
"For Dagon's sake, be careful!"
OOC,I was being pedantic: it seemed amusing (to me) to have a black dude talking all hoity toity like. :idea: I suppose Jahee's inflection would be robot like.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Y'nkee slips into the graveyard and moves quickly behind the tombstones. He takes in a strange sight. The coffin is now open, and appears empty. Next to it, the grave robber is standing unsteadily. His drive seems to have left him, and now he is glancing fearfully around at his surroundings. The two men are running down the graveyard, in the direction away from the street. Both are firing guns at something fleeing into the distance, something oddly shaped and mildly iridescent, but fast. The guns themselves make no audible sound - somehow or other, they are silent. Y'nkee gets a brief glance at the fleeing thing as it vaults the fence at the other end of the cemetery, then it dissapears around the corner, heading down the street on the other side. The two men give up their chase and begin to return back to the open grave.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee reports what he sees subvocally through his throatpiece. "Whatever they dug up," he says, "it got away and ran down the street and around the corner on the opposite side of the cemetery. It might be helpful if some of you track it down. I'll keep watching here." He continues to observe the grave robbers.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 am
by Tabs
Jahee answers, "Yes Y'nkee." Looking at the ghouls in particular: "The runner could be one of your folk. Let's give chase!"

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:28 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle nods, pulls out his revolver and beings to sprint after the thing. If they were shooting at ghouls I swear I'll kill them!

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:09 am
by kabukiman
-Who will follow him?

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 am
by Tabs
[OOC, Jahee will go.]

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:43 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,The shooters are walking back towards the open grave. Does Argyle intend to sneak past them,or confront them? The cemetery looks something like this: North road fence graves shooters graves grave robber (standing by hole) graves Y'nkee some bushes fence, gate Jahee, Argyle, Tschhh, Pickman, two idling motorcycles Road There are old brick buildings on each side of the small cemetery. Somewhere inside, although Pickman has not yet mentioned where, is a secret entrance to the ghoul warrens.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:24 am
by kouchpotato
[Spoiler-Button]Sneak by[/Spoiler-Button]

Argyle
creeps through the cemetary, keeping an eye on the shooters at the same time.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:06 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,IC is down, so could you post the roll, or at least if it was a success? It sounds like a success, so I'm oging under that assumption.
Argyle creeps past the two men, into the graves at the north end of the cemetery. The shooters return to the open grave, and spend a few seconds considering. Then they leave the grave robber, who seems unlikely to move, and begin jogging towards the south end of the cemetery.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,His roll did succeed, as I looked at it last night while IC was still up. I believe it was a 73.

Y'nkee continues to carefully observe the men from his hiding place.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:11 pm
by Tabs
Jahee communicates to Argyle: "Good luck."
He looks for a suitably large headstone and hides behind it.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:05 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Argyle lurks in the north end of the cemetery. A high metal fence with no gate separates it from the street. Near the fence, there are no graves, or at least no monuments, and the grass is long and full of weeds.

Pickman also moves into the cemetery, keeping low and concealed.

"They are between us and the entrance to the Ghoul Warrens," she informs everyone.

The gunmen are getting closer.
OOC,From here on I'm going to be waiting for everyone to reply before moving forward. Things are going to be on a second-by-second basis.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:54 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee grips his Psychic Rifle tightly in both hands as he hides and observes, ready to act should anything happen.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:21 pm
by Tabs
Jahee carefully unzips his sports bag and takes out his gun - set to shotgun mode.

[OOC, when fired is the weapon loud?]

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:22 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Can Tschh use his powers in any way?

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Jahee never picked up any powder rounds, so I'm not sure what good that would do. Tschhh can feel free to use his powers in any way he wants - spellcasting or using his psychic abilities. At present, he is still in front of the fence.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So maybe I could implant the idea that we are just a bunch of inofensive weirdos? What is the dificulty to that?

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:46 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,You mean by casting your spell "Implant Thoughts"? It costs 5 Mp and requires a POW vs POW roll.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle waves up the others, keeping his eye on the road.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:27 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,Yes, implant thoughts. Since I don't know how much they have in power, can you make the roll?

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:54 am
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Something tells me this is the last time you'll ask me to roll for you... http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2375302/ You needed under a sixty.
Maxwell shouts loudly.

"They're in my head - those weren't people we met!"

His companion bounds ahead, reaching the tombstones where the Deep Ones are hiding.

Meanwhile, Argyle can see no sign of the fleeing figure on the other sign of the fence. He can't even find an opneing in the fence.
OOC,Y'nkee should roll sneak if he wants to creep around the tombstone and avoid the man. If he wants to open fire, he can do so now as well, having the element of surprise (after which we'll go to Dex rounds). Tschhh and Pickman are still at the front gate, Tschhh momentarily focused on his spell, and Pickman trying to avoid getting into combat until she has to.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee silently moves in a crouch away from his hiding place to a new one behind another group of tombstones out of the line of sight of the humans, so that they will not see him once they reach his former position. Once there, he takes aim with his Psychic Rifle again, but holds his fire for now.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:46 pm
by kouchpotato
OOC,Can I climb over the fence?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:07 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
[Spoiler-Button] Yes - roll climb! I'm waiting for kabukiman to post. [/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh concentrate in the human.
-What image should I create to make him leave this place? I know! beautiful female being tortured! I'm sure he will like it!
He projected than images of women being flogged, the skin burned, and maggots eating it. But for some reason, the man started to scream...

OOC: I didn't knew what to put with such a failure, it was the best I could.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle gripped the fence and easily scaled it. He paused at the top for a moment to wave his comrades forward.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Good idea, kabukiman. Sorry about the unanounced hiatus. Until I find a way to shuffle him out, I'll roll for Jahee.
Jahee alsoslips around, evading the large man. Maxwell screams and advances. The large man thrusts open the gate, turns, and suddenly is face to face with Pickman and Tschhh.

Argyle, meanwhile, is alone on the quiet, empty street. He sees no indication of where the fleeing figure went.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:04 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee trains his Psychic Rifle on the men from his new hiding place, ready to intervene if shooting starts, but still holding his fire in case it is unnecessary.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,I'm waiting for Argyle and Tschh. Which man is Y'nkee aiming at?

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm aiming at the bigger of the two men.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:16 pm
by kabukiman
-Ooops, seems the human have strangge tastes. Well, let me try a spell.
Tschh will try to freeze the human hand.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:52 pm
by kouchpotato
Argyle glances up and down the street.
OOC,What does the street look like?

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Argyle already saw everything there was to see about the street. It is dark, empty, and silent. A pair of well-maintained sidewalks run on each side of the two-lane asphalt. The buildings, most around three stories, seem closed and dark - probably businesses shut down for the night.
OOC,If Tschhh is using his "Freeze Water" spell, it should be powerful enough to freeze every drop in the man's body - but "Freeze Water" does require physical contact. Make an opposed roll of Dex vs. Dex. Tschhh has a Dex of 18 and the man has a Dex of 14. If you succeed, you manage to make some sort of physical contact with his exposed hand, spend the magic points, and he'll be a corpsicle. Combat order is Tschhh, Y'nkee, Argyle, Jahee, Maxwell, large man. The large man has already moved, which is why he is at the end - he'll take a spot immediately after Y'nkee next round.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:23 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh decided to see how the man would react to some ice in his hand
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2399197/
-It seems I didn't lost my touch! Ahah! Get it? Lost my touch? Now, where is my dagger to skinn him?

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy

When Y'nkee sees the ice priest freeze the larger human solid, he shoots Matthew with his Psychic Rifle. The weapon makes no noise as it causes him severe damage. "Let's do this quietly," he whispers into his throatpiece. "No guns."

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Tschhh froze the big guy. Matthew is still in the cemetery.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Can Tschh cut his skinn to use latter?

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:21 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Okay, this is sort of embarrassing. I just went back to check the numbers. During the night, Tschhh has cast Implant Thoughts Twice and Freeze Water twice. Each costs 5 Mp. Since Tschhh had 18 Mp, that last spell should put him unconscious. I probably should have warned you about that beforehand. At least you have the Mp potion to bring him back.
Tschhh's long, slender fingers brush the gunman's hand before he can pull the trigger. Unable to control himself, he recoils in horror, a look of of utter revulsion and terror on his face. Then, with a sharp pinging sound, drops of frozen moisture from the air around him hit the pavement, and he stops moving altogether. Frozen instantly and perfectly, it would be almost impossible to tell he was frozen if it wasn't for the freezing mist around him and the look on his face.

"I'm glad we summoned you," Pickman says softly.

Tschhh's elation at victory turns to weariness. In this foreign world, he has miscalculated his energy. He slumps gently to the ground, and is unconscious.
OOC,Skinning a person who is frozen solid probably won't work. After he thaws it should be possible. I don't know too much about cryogenics, but I think gradual thawing outside will probably cause some damage, while thawing under controlled conditions, given the way he was frozen, could probably leave no evidence the corpse was ever frozen.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Oops! In that case, I shot [b]Matthew[/b]. At least he'll probably have fewer HP and will be more likely to be knocked unconscious from my shot. Is he unconscious, dead, or still active?

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 am
by kabukiman
Tschh is having a nice dream. He is in a palace with slaves, drinking wine with black lotus and all the nobles from the city are there to pay homages to Tschh the new supreme hierophant. Even the king appeared, in his car who walks without any animal.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
As the beam of the psychic rifle hits Maxwell, he falls to the ground, silent and unmoving.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee emerges from his hiding place and runs over to where Matthew fell. "Well done," he says. "Let's get these two into the cemetery and take them to the Ghouls before anyone comes along." When he gets there, he checks to see whether Matthew is dead or still breathing.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:27 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle jumps at the sound of gunfire. He draws his revolver and scrambles over the fence back towards the others.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:52 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,There was no loud gunfire, as Y'nkee intentionally ensured by using the quiet psychic rifle. Also, his name is [b]Maxwell[/b].
As Y'nkee examines the slightly disgusting creature, he finds that Maxwell is still breathing. He also realizes why - under Maxwell's jacket is a piece of synthetic body armor that he recognizes from his military training as a bulletproof vest. Next to him on the ground is an automatic pistol, and he seems to have a good deal more hardware on his body.

The heavyset graverobber, whimpering softly, attempts to sneak off towards the front gate of the graveyard.

"The summoning froze the big one solid, but I think he overexerted himself - he passed out," Pickman informs everyone through the throatpieces, "he's safe now, but he looks like he might not wake up for some time without help."

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Sorry about the name mixup. I'm not sure where I saw his name as Matthew. I hadn't realized that the third guy was still around, and he wasn't listed in the initiative order.

"That potion should restore his mental energy and revive him if you give him a dose," replies Y'nkee into his throatpiece. "That third human who was digging the grave is heading your way. We can't let him escape, but keep it quiet. The one I shot is unconscious but alive. He's wearing a bulletproof vest." He aims at the fleeing human with his Psychic Rifle and blasts him. The shot does severe damage to him.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 am
by kabukiman
Then suddenly Tschh made a sign to his slaves. Everybody stoped and watched interested. A serpent man was bring; he was all chained. Another slave had a small simian in his hands; everybody was aproving, knowing what would happen. Usually, to this spectacle, Voormis were used, but this simian was a novelty; he was small, but had an inteligent look. The slave put the simian in the jaws of the serpent man who oppen his mouth and started to swallow the simian; this was screaming and moving, but the serpent man could expand in a enourmous way his body. They could almost feel the agony of the little creature when the acids where digesting it alive, and they were envious of the exctasy look of the serpent man, intoxicated with the pain of the creature. Everybody was aplauding: Voormis were boring and resigned themselves to their fate, but the little simian had try to resist until the end. Really, Tschh parties were fantastic!

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:15 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Y'nkee's shot sweeps the man off his feet. His body makes dull organic sounds, and when he hits the ground blood pools around him.
OOC,Y'nkee has the potion.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee puts away his rifle and grabs up Maxwell's automatic pistol, turning the safety on as he hurries back to where Tschh fell. "Anyone who can use it may take this pistol," he says. "Argyle, you might be interested in it. I'm sure the man has more ammo on him. I have the potion." He takes it out and offers it to Pickman. "A dose of this should have him back on his feet. I'll help move the bodies out of sight."

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:20 am
by Mi-Go Agent
Pickman takes the container. She forces open Tschhh's lips and lets a few drops fall between them. The liquid moves with a life of its own, leaping from the stone bottle and down his throat. His eyes flash open and he regains consciousness.
OOC,Tschhh now has his full 18 Mp.
"Gather the bodies and yourselves and I'll take you into the ghoul warrens," Pickman says, moving to a tombstone marked "Asenath White".

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 pm
by kabukiman
-Ha? Where am I? Where are the nobles and the musicians?

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee drags the big man's frozen corpse into the cemetery and over to the tombstone that Pickman had chosen, then goes back to help with the other bodies. While he is doing so, he takes a look at the grave that the robbers had dug up to see what the tombstone says.

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 am
by kouchpotato
Arglye heads for the grave as well.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 am
by Mi-Go Agent
The tombstone is faded and moss-covered. It has the name "William Hansbury" on it.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee gathers the dead and unconscious humans at the grave, checking to see if the fat grave robber is still alive or not. "The name on the grave they were digging up is William Hansbury," he says. "Maybe the Ghouls will know more about who - or what - was buried there." He indicates Maxwell. "This one still lives. It may be possible to get more information out of him before killing him. I'd like to sacrifice him to Father Dagon when we're done with him, but if he is responsible for killing Ghouls then it is only fitting that they should have their retribution."

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 am
by kabukiman
Finally, Tschh returns to his senses.
-So, where are we going now?

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"He won't be much of an offering - we can sacrifice him when we feel like it," says Jahee, the priest.

The grave robber is very clearly dead. His body was torn almost in half by the psychic rifle's beam.

While moving the larger man, Y'nkee feels an unfamiliar sensation. Impervious to Earthly temperatures, his Deep One flesh feels almost painful discomfort at the intense cold of the supernaturally frozen flesh.

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:43 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle bares his teeth. I... don't recall such a name. Perhaps Lady Pickman knows something. And, as for that. He points to Maxwell. When we're done getting whatever we can out of it, I want to be the one to deal with it.

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're going to meet the Ghouls of Arkham," says Y'nkee to Tschh. "That was certainly impressive, how you froze that human. I've never felt such cold before."

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, when my Master the Walker of the Wastes transported us to his land, we were forced to learn new ways in magic. We had a long time to perfect those spell and even how to tame the weather. My is a cruel master who doesn't forget any wrongdoing, but powerful are his gifts.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:57 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
"I do not recognize the name either, but tombstones sometimes lie," Pickman says.

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"This is true," says Y'nkee. "Whatever was buried there, it wasn't human." He looks into the open grave for any clues as to what it might have been. his keen eyes picking out all the details.

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 am
by kabukiman
-Is this place reserved to human bodies? No other race can be burried here?

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Only humans are supposed to be buried in human cemeteries," says Y'nkee. "Most humans don't even know about other races' existence. They think they are at the top of the food chain." He chuckles dryly. "Sometimes they keep animals for pets, such as dogs or cats, and bury them when they die, but they usually put them in different cemeteries just for animals."

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 am
by kabukiman
-Oh! That's why you are disguising your appearence? I thought it was you were enemies. But wait, several of you were humans before. How did you stopped being human?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that is the purpose for the disguises," says Y'nkee. "Jahee and I went through a gradual transformation as a result of our genetic heritage. Each of us has a Deep One parent, and we became Deep Ones ourselves as we matured. Some Ghouls were once human as well. They have undergone a different transformation, one that is not genetic in nature."

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:36 am
by kabukiman
-So, you can mix different species? That's fantastic! You must explain me how to do that.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"We Deep Ones are especially fertile," says Y'nkee. "We are able to interbreed with many different species, not just humans. All we do is mate in the usual way. The child is born as a normal member of the species, but if there is enough genetic material in its ancestry, it will slowly turn into a Deep One over time once it matures. If it does not have enough, it will not transform fully. Matthew Gilman, who drove us here from Innsmouth, is my descendant. He has only partially transformed."

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 pm
by kabukiman
-That's great. It will be completly impossible to the humans to destroy you, since anyone can have your ancestry, even if ignoring that. And in secret. Do you think that your kind already existed in my time? Maybe if a mate one of you I can get preserve my specie. Unless if I try with the humans

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy

"After we succeed in our mission," says Y'nkee, "I'm sure there will be interested females back in Y'ha-nthlei. Any children you have would be able to live indefinitely, but once they transform they would no longer be of your race. They would be Deep Ones like myself, which is a wonderful thing to be, but they would no longer be members of your species if you should wish to preserve it."

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:08 am
by kabukiman
-That's a pity. Well, I will have lot's of time to make experiments with the humans. I should get a way to fertilize one of the females. As long as I have subjects to vivissect to see the proper working of the organs.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Y'nkee sees an open, empty casket, somewhat deteriorated by time.

Argyle, role Graveyard Lore.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle peers into the casket.
Graveyard Lore,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2426158/]Passed[/url]

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:51 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
The empty casket, based on style and condition, looks Victorian, too recent to match the tombstone.
OOC,Whenever you feel like going into the warrens, indicate it somehow. Until then, interesting conversation :shock:

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,What are the dates of birth and death on the tombstone?

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle strokes his chin thoughtfully. This coffin is far too recent for the condition of this tombstone.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:14 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, shall we go to this other place? Before anyone decides to appear.

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee nods and heads over to the entrance to the Ghoul warrens. "Yes, let's enter the warrens," says Y'nkee. "The Ghouls who live there will have a better idea what was buried in that grave than we do."

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
OOC,Do you intend to take the corpses or anything else with you?

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, we're bringing the corpses and also our live prisoner, as well as anything they were carrying. Have we searched all of them yet? If not, we do so before we continue. I'm sure the Ghouls will appreciate the bodies. They may have to cook the frozen guy before they eat him, or at least wait for him to thaw.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:54 pm
by Mi-Go Agent
Searching the corpses reveals a number of firearms and knives, all inferior to those of the Deep Ones, containers of aqua regia, and a small lexan box of explosives. They also have some less easily identifiable objects.
OOC,Roll human knowledge twice.
When you finish, Pickman steps around to the other side of the tombstone she was leaning against, and disappears down the rather large and obvious hole that was not there previously.

She leads the group through a number of narrow dirt tunnels. Tschhh has to hunch over significantly. Side tunnels branch off every few meters, and more ghouls can be seen coming and going through them, uninterested in their guests. There is barely enough infrared light to see by.

Eventually, the tunnel ends in a large, circular chamber with a fire in the center and a pile of rotting flesh against the wall. There are also some elevated mounds of earth on which ghouls are sleeping, and some wooden boxes of primitive weapons, garments, and musical instruments. Pickman removes a heavy wooden drum.

"Beating this will call the chief of the warren," she says.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee examines the curious items, shaking his head in confusion. He looks back at Pickman and Argyle. "Do either of you know what these are?"

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:37 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle sifts through the mass of human objects. Ehh, I have no clue what these are. The guns though, we should keep them, they might be useful.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm
by kabukiman
-Don't look at me. It's not even my planet for a long time.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm
by kabukiman
After some time a very fat ghoul, full of scars appear. He is eating a bone (probably human by the size) and looking at your group, asks:
-Who are you?

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 pm
by Tabs

The little boy waddles forward.

"I am Jahee, a priest in the Cult of Dagon!"
ooc,I presume we are in that graveyard the group went to when I last played--back in September? I've not back-read the story, so if Jahee isn't with the others then I'll edit my post.

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"And I am Y'nkee," says Y'nkee, "a follower of Dagon. We have come with Eleanor Pickman here to help you with your problem."

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:46 am
by kabukiman
-Yes, the murder. Have you have already talked with the professor? Do you knew anything?

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 pm
by Tabs
Jahee lets Y'nkee answer.

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"No, we haven't spoken to him yet," says Y'nkee. "We do not know what his involvement is, so we wanted to find out more information about him before we tried to approach him. We don't know much yet, but we did encounter some humans digging up one of the graves and ended up fighting them. The name on the headstone is William Hansbury. These humans may be the ones responsible for the murders. We have brought the bodies of the two we killed, as well as one prisoner who still lives."

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:05 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle watches the exchange silently, waiting to react if anything goes south.

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:10 am
by kabukiman
-Good, we will make a feast with them in honour of Mordiggian. Just don't scare too much the prisioner when you will be interrogating him, the meat tastes sour after. William, William, that name tells me something, but I don't rember now.

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:51 pm
by Tabs
Jahee grins.

"Yes, live meat is the best to eat! I will feast in honour of Dagon.

"Where do we go now--into the tunnels?"

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"One of the bodies is frozen," Y'nkee mentions. "I recommend cooking it first, or at least thawing it out. As for our prisoner..." He turns to the ice priest. "Can you read his thoughts without exerting yourself too much? That would be the easiest way to learn what we need to know."

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 am
by kabukiman
-I can, but it would be better that you make him the questions. Since he doesn't knew that I can read mind, he won't tell verbally, but will think in the answers. Pitty we can't interogate him in the traditional way.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am
by Tabs
Jahee states in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I suggest we give the prisoner a choice: answer our questions and then have a quick death or don't answer our questions and we eat you--the prisoner--alive. Humans believe in fair play. After we find out what we need to know, we eat the prisoner alive anyway."

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:24 pm
by kabukiman
-You think he will believe us? Are they so naive?

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee shrugs. "Some are, but some are not," he says. "It depends on the human. We don't want to scare him too much, though, or we'll spoil the meat for our hosts. All we really need to do is ask the questions. Even if he refuses to answer, he'll still think the answers, and then Tschhh can pluck them from his mind."

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:08 am
by kabukiman
-Very well, then.
They bring the prisoner He is still passed away, but after droping water in his face he seems to awaken. The gouls leave you alone, and as soon he sees you, he asks:
-Who are you? What do you want of me? Where are my companions?

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee looms over the captive. "We ask the questions, not you," he says. "We found you and your companions digging up a grave. Why were you doing it, and what was inside?"

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:10 am
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote:-You think he will believe us? Are they so naive?
Jahee pouts.

"Maybe they are. It was only an idea."
Y'nkee looms over the captive. "We ask the questions, not you," he says. "We found you and your companions digging up a grave. Why were you doing it, and what was inside?"
Jahee stands at Y'nkee's shoulder.

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:48 pm
by kabukiman
-Go to hell! I won't tell you anything!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2840306/
OOC,Tschh will explain you subvocaly what he can read, so I'l describe it
The thoughts of the man are very confuse. He is angry and a bit afraid. After making some research, he discovered that a man who had interest in the occult-William Hansbury died in a misterious way in an other century but rumours where that he had changed, and he was buried in secret. The prisoner and his friends decide to dig to discover the true.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 am
by Tabs
"So who are you, you scum,"--Jahee kicks the prisoner--"and your friends?"
ooc,Can the prisoner understand Jahee?

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

"What are your names?" continues Y'nkee, in English so that the prisoner will be sure to understand. "How did you learn of William Hansbury? What else are you and your friends involved with?"

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 pm
by kabukiman
Tabs,You still need to learn the language spell
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2846809/

-I WON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING!

Tshhh see clearly now: the trio was called Maxwell Levitt (the prisoner), Matthew (dead) and Chuck (the big frozen man). They had fighted before against cultists, read some books and fought against some creature, servants of the Great Old Ones (not ghouls). Hansbury had probably transform himself in something not human, and was burried like that and the trio wanted to be sure and destroy it before he set himself free.
They asked help to professor Dimmesdale who helped them with the localization of the tomb (but without telling him their true objective).

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"What do you know about Professor Dimmesdale?" continues Y'nkee. "Have you and your friends been killing these beings?" He indicates the ghouls. "If not you, do you know who has?"

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:14 am
by Tabs
fought against some creatures
Jahee tuts.

"Damn them all! Humans are always meddling in our affairs, they have no concept of their infinitely low rank in the universe--what arrogance."

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:56 pm
by kabukiman
Levitt looks at you surprised.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2848625/

The man doesn't seemed to understand that his mind is being read. The professor was an especialist in occult in the universuity (but he is a teacher of medieval literature). He seems to pay attention and it's the first time he see gouls
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2848627/

He gets frightened, and asks:
-What are those things?
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2848634/

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"They are people," says Y'nkee. "Different than you or I, but people all the same. They live and die just as you do. They eat, as you eat, but they have very different tastes than you. Unless you want to learn about those tastes, I suggest you start cooperating."

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:17 am
by kabukiman
He seems to get less nervous and says:
-What do you want to know?

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:37 pm
by Tabs
Unless you want to learn about those tastes, I suggest you start cooperating."
Jahee wets his lips.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:20 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh to Jahee subvocaly:
-How do they taste? Are they better raw or roasted?

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy

"You can start by telling me everything you know about Professor Dimmesdale," says Y'nkee.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:49 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle continues his watch, glaring down at the prisoner.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 pm
by kabukiman
-I don't knew much. He has a reputation as a scholar of the occult. Not officially of course, he is a teacher of literature in the miskatonik university.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Other than you and your two friends, who else do you know who's interested in the occult?" asks Y'nkee.

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 am
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote:Tschh to Jahee subvocaly:
-How do they taste? Are they better raw or roasted?
"Raw of course! Hunks of delicious flesh cut from a living being, cooled in sea water--the beautiful food presented with the meat steaming." Jahee thinks with a troubled look upon his face. "Tschh, you were joking--about roasting--weren't you?"

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:06 pm
by kabukiman
Tschhh:
-No, roasting them alive with some spices and salt is fabulous. They keep part of the sensibility but don't enter in shock, so the feast takes more time. Our teeths cannot eat large quantity of raw meat. We used the voormis in our feasts and once I used a small monkey from a continent from the west. Now that I remember, they had a face strangely familar...

Maxwell:

-No, I don't knew anyone else. The occult is not something most people like.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Now tell me everything you know about William Hansbury and what you found in his grave," says Y'nkee.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm
by kabukiman
-He dabbled with the ocult, and he had a very bad reputation; people vanished and animals appeared mutilated. One day he died, but nobody saw his body. So, after investigating, we discovered where is body was buried and we decide to see the remains. But instead, we found some small animal, like a rodent who escaped. AND IT WAS STILL ALIVE!

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"Interesting," says Y'nkee. He turns to the ghouls. "Have any of you ever heard of such a thing?"

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 pm
by Tabs
We used the voormis in our feasts and once I used a small monkey
"Huh! Revolting."

"I've heard of toads buried alive for years--and they are still alive when uncovered." Jahee looks for William Hansbury's headstone to find out when he died.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:01 pm
by kabukiman
Tschh:
-So you think that he buried some other creature? Or it was himsellf transformed? But why anyone would want to be burry alive is a good question...

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"Perhaps it was buried alive against its will," suggests Y'nkee.
OOC,I had previously asked what the dates of birth and death on the tombstone were, but the Keeper had never answered.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:55 am
by Tabs
ooc,[quote="Mr. Handy"]I had previously asked what the dates of birth and death on the tombstone were, but the Keeper had never answered.[/quote] kabukiman, what are the dates?
Mr. Handy wrote: "Perhaps it was buried alive against its will," suggests Y'nkee.
"Yes! And the thing that was buried survived--entombed alive; and now it has been unearthed it is on the loose."

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:01 pm
by kabukiman
-So now it's free. It's not our problem.

The human is nervous looking at you, since all you do is looking at each other.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"This is a curiosity," says Y'nkee, "but I do not see what it has to do with the matter at hand. I don't believe this man knows any more than he's already said. Does anyone else have any questions for him?"

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:06 am
by kabukiman
Dates,1830-1875

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:05 pm
by kabukiman
-Not me- answers Tchhh.
The gouls are coming and starting to to touch him.
-Hey, what are you doing to me? Keep your hands out!

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"Miss Pickman, Jahee, and Argyle," says Y'nkee, "if you have any questions for him, this is probably your last chance."

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:36 pm
by Tabs
Jahee scowls at the ghouls.

"I have no more questions for the prisoner."

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:54 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle smiles a toothy grin. No, no. No questions.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:53 am
by kabukiman
The ghouls are preparing to jump, when Tschhh screams:
-Wait! We are not savages! We will do this properly! We will sacrifice him to "The Walker of the Wastes", what do you think?

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"It would be a shame to waste such an opportunity," says Y'nkee. "A feast can always follow the sacrifice. I would prefer to sacrifice him to Father Dagon, and I'm sure Jahee feels the same. Perhaps we can dedicate it to both of them. Jahee, you are the priest. Is that something that can be done, or must the sacrifice be exclusive?"

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:35 pm
by Tabs
Jahee is outraged that the ghouls are about to eat the prisoner--he was looking forward to eating the prisoner himself.

"Yes--I'm sure we can sacrifice the prisoner in honour of 'The Walker' and Father Dagon. Tschhh, Jahee, we must not let those filthy ghouls defile the meat!"

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:42 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle growls. Filthy ghouls?! You won't deny us this... you can sacrifice him if you want, but we get him afterwards.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 pm
by Tabs
Jahee lays a hand on Argyle's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Argyle. Companions--who also happen to be ghouls--are not filthy. I was getting myself worked up, that is all." A bead of saliva drops from Jahee's mouth.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 am
by kabukiman
-So we will make the sacrifice, then we will eat him. All of us. Can I make the sacrifice? I promise to let him leave.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"If I sacrifice him to Father Dagon," says Y'nkee, "he will grant me the ability to impersonate a human even more effectively than I already do for a period of several hours. This could be useful to us. Jahee and I can try to make the ritual more pleasing to him so that the effects will last longer. This could be useful for us."
OOC,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=83546#p83546]This post[/url] has details of the Appear Human spell.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 pm
by kabukiman
-That's your choice. But the next one will be mine.
OOC,So make a Dagon roll to please him

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee does his best, but he is not knowledgeable enough about the appropriate rituals. "Jahee, would you assist me, please?" he asks.
OOC,[b]Jahee[/b] can assist with the ritual by making a Cult of Dagon roll. His skill is much better than mine.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 am
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2878081/]Cult of Dagon (1d100=99)[/url]
Jahee is too excited by the prospect of the feast and is not any help with the proposed ritual.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:14 am
by kabukiman
OOC,a botch in a ritual! Please do you mind to role play it a bit more, or do you prefer that I do it? And the God will be angry

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee isn't really paying attention to what Jahee is doing, and he isn't familiar enough with the proper rituals to know the priest is making a horrible mistake. He intones the words of the spell and raises his knife above his head in both hands. When he reaches the end, he plunges the blade into the victim's heart.

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm
by kabukiman
Y'nkee plunged the dagger in the heart of the victim who was screaming. Then, he saw Jahee flaying the dead man, using the skin as a cap all bloody, and then screaming:
-Tlxfg! Rlmgnhq! Ia! Ia! Dagon!

The ritual was finished. But they all sensed that something was terrible wrong. The chief of the ghouls then said;
-Shouldn't you have first skinned the man alive, and THEN cut his heart?
Their appearences started to twist, and then they changed to new looks...

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:15 pm
by Tabs
Jahee stands motionless as if he has been a naughty little boy; the victim's skin is draped over his arm like a cloak.

"Did something go wrong?"

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:15 pm
by kabukiman
Miss Pickman

Tschh

Jahee

Argyle

Y'nkee

OOC: Good luck trying to impose respect now!

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:11 pm
by Tabs

Jahee stamps his foot in glee and points at Y'nkee.

"Ha ha-ha ha-ha: not so cool now, are you?"

Jahee studies his arms and then fingers his nose, a look of horror upon his face.

"I've turned into one of those filthy ghouls."
ooc,Are these changes permanent? I just remembered we are wearing "skin" suits--to pass as human.

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,No, they are not permanent. But for some time (Dagon wrath), you will have this skin...

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 am
by kabukiman
Tshhh withs his knife made a cut in the meat and started to eat. THe ghouls immediatly jumped to the man.

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:44 pm
by Tabs
Jahee gouges out an eyeball and gobbles up the delicious jelly.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 am
by kabukiman
After some minutes everyone is happy with a good meal.
-So what are we supposed to do? The ghouls don't seem to knew much. Shall we return to ou informer? Or go to another place?- says Tshhh.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Who needs respect? Since I look like Mr. Bean, people will let their guard down around me.

"Strange," says Y'nkee. "It's never affected anyone but me before. Do I look as odd as the rest of you now? Normally I look just like I used to when I was human. I don't think our informer has had time to gather the information we need yet, and we would be best waiting for daylight before we go amongst the humans. What time is it now? If it is too soon, we could sleep until then."

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 am
by Tabs
"The ghoul's tunnel under the graveyard: perhaps we can go into the tunnel and spend time with the ghouls? I look hideous,"--sighs--"let's wait out of sight someplace until this spell wears off."

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:08 am
by kabukiman
It's about 1AM. For the ghouls its the time to be awake, but for you it's time to sleep.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:59 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle wipes the blood from his face, making as face as he feels the new form. Good idea, if any of the humans see us it won't go well.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So you stay with the ghouls until the effect passes?

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Sounds good to me.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 am
by Tabs
Jahee looks to Argyll and Y'nkee.

"It could be interesting down inside the ghouls' tunnels."

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, I think so too," says Y'nkee. "I haven't spent all that much time with ghouls before."

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:04 pm
by kabukiman
The ghouls ate never quiet. They are always going up and down by the tunnels. Some bring fresh parts of corps. There doesn't seem to be any order

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 am
by Tabs
Jahee mutters to the others.

"As I thought, these ghouls are nothing but mindless beasts!" He catches the attention of a ghoul.

"Um.... Take us to your leader!"

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"I find the Ghouls to be quite intelligent," says Y'nkee. "Don't let the seeming disorganization fool you. They haven't survived all this time by being foolish. Humans, on the other hand..."

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:07 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You were already with the leader before the sacrifice. Not that he helped much...

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:21 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:"Don't let the seeming disorganization fool you. They haven't survived all this time by being foolish. Humans, on the other hand..."
"I suffer from xenaphobia! I agree about humans, though--humans are the lowest of the low."

Jahee asks the leader of the ghouls: "Take us someplace where we can rest."

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:12 pm
by kabukiman
He looks at you with a odd look and screams to another ghoul to take you to a place where you can rest. It's a smaller cave, without anyone. The floor is rocky and it's rather wet.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, at least it's nice and damp," says Y'nkee. He settles down and tries to get some sleep.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:38 am
by Tabs
Jahee looks for a puddle and sits down with a slap.

"Finder's keepers!"

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:32 am
by kabukiman
Tschhh makes an angry face with the ghoul hospitality. The ghouls never stop making noises.
You sleep and awake several hours latter.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Y'nkee looks at his reflection in a pool of water to see if the effect has worn off.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:31 am
by kabukiman
No, you still have your weird look. Seems that Dagon is quite angry...

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Shall we venture into Arkham anyway?" asks Y'nkee. "Even if we do embarrass ourselves, nobody will recognize us after our disguises wear off. The only problem is if they wear off while we're there."

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 pm
by kouchpotato
We would draw a lot of unwanted attention to ourselves.

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:33 am
by Tabs
kouchpotato wrote:We would draw a lot of unwanted attention to ourselves.
Jahee-

"Yes, but the human towns are so crowded that no one will notice.

"What's to do next?"

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, we can't go see our contacts in the cult yet," says Y'nkee. "They won't recognize us like this. We could go to the university and start looking around, trying to find out what we can about Professor Dimmesdale."

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 am
by Tabs
Jahee-

"Yeah, let's do that."

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 am
by kabukiman
You leave the city the graveward. The ghouls have give you the information you need to get to the university.
You are walking in the city. Some people looks at you, but most simply ignore your group. After some time you arrive at the campus of the Miskatonic University.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's go to the library first," says Y'nkee. "Not only might we find biographical information on Professor Dimmesdale, but we're bound to find papers or even books that he's written himself. Humans in academia have a saying: 'Publish or perish.' We should be on our guard, as the academics will no doubt be vicious, sneaky backstabbers."
OOC,What time of day is it?

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am
by kabukiman
OOC,It's near 11AM.
The place is full of students. There are signs that explains where are the diferent buildings, and the library.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm
by Tabs
"So, Professor Dimmesdale: what is he a professor of?"

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"I do not know," says Y'nkee, "but perhaps we can find out at the library." He leads the way there.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:28 am
by kabukiman
The place is very big, with lot's of students. But most of them instead of reading books, they are looking to some boxes with a glass and typing in the tables. An old female that is looking everywhere must be the guardian of the books.
Tshhh is puzzled because there isn't any scrolls.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee looks at the boxes, confused by them. "Curious," he says, "but there still seem to be books here, at least." He starts walking through the stacks, trying to locate anything written by Professor Dimmesdale.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:54 am
by Tabs
Jahee follows suit--looking for books written by Professor Dimmesdale. The Deep One claps Tschh on the back.

"No scrolls--I can tell what you're thinking. Truly a backward race of beings."

Jahee spies out a human female who looks similar to him [ugly], and by way of experiment gives her a wink.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:38 pm
by kabukiman
The women face changes to red.
Y'nkee: make a luck roll

Tshhh says:
-Those humans are stranger and stranger.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee pauses and waves for his companions to come closer. "I think I found something," he says quietly.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 am
by kabukiman
The book is called: "Achilles- trully a hero or the first anti-hero?"

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee brings the book over to an empty table where he and his friends can study it. He also makes sure to check the dust jacket for any biographical details of Professor Dimmesdale. He translates anything relevant into Reason and subvocalizes it so that his companions can understand.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 am
by kabukiman
The book is a literary essay about the hero Achiles and there isn't anything of interesting. In 4 lines it says that the Professor is one of the most brilliant research of greek mythology and classical literature. But then, a list of his books appears:
"Did the greeks believed in their mythes: a false question"
"The influence of Hesiod in Cicero"
"Nekia- a strange myth of canibalism"
"The farmer in Aristophanes"
"Good and bad education in Ancient Athens"
"What can do the classics teach to our youth?

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hmm," says Y'nkee softly. "Nekia, huh? Sounds like it might be the sort of thing you'd be interested in," he adds to Eleanor and Argyle. "Let's see if we can find that book next." He heads back to where he found the book about Achilles, returns it to the shelf, and starts his search for the book about Nekia in the same place where he found the other book, reasoning that it might be nearby.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 am
by Tabs
Jahee searches for the book, too; focusing on the "N" for Nekia. The Deep One will also look out for the other titles.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:45 am
by kabukiman
-Mister? You cannot put the book in the shelf again. You must leave it in the table- says the old lady.
You don't find any other book of the professor here.

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm sorry, ma'am," says Y'nkee, going back to the table and putting the book down there instead. "Maybe you could help me. I'm looking for another book by Professor Dimmesdale called 'Nekia - a Strange Myth of Cannibalism,' but I can't seem to find it here."

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:00 pm
by kabukiman
-That book? I have it right here. It is been awfully asked this times. I don't understand why, it's just about some strange legends. Now, if it was the book about "Did the Greek believed in their myths", that would make sense. It's one of the most brilliant books of the professor, the way he refuted that awful french. Or the book about Achilles. Do you know that he received a prize? Of course not, since he didn't appear in Tv, nobody cared. But even outside of the US he was recognized. The british, the germans, everyone praised his knowledge. He was even invited to go to Oxford and Harvard, do you believe it? But he refused, he wanted to help students here in Arkham, the land he was borne. You don't find people like that now, all they care is about money and...
She continue rambling.

Tschhh is getting impatient and moving a lot his fingers...

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:50 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, I know," says Y'nkee, understandingly. "Professor Dimmesdale is not only a brilliant writer, but he's so good to his students. I was just reading his book about Achilles, and it's fascinating. I'd never even considered how the Trojans must have viewed him before. I'd really like to read his book about Nekia and see what makes it so popular. Would you mind if I borrowed it?"

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 am
by kabukiman
-Yes, of course. But only if you want to read it here. To borrow, you need to sign a formulary and pay a fee of 1$. We need funds- she says apologeticaly.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, ma'am," says Y'nkee, "I understand. I'll read it here." He takes the book over to the table where his companions await and begins to study it.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:48 pm
by kabukiman
The book (a very small one, with about 30 pages) starts with a small introduction. The myth was originaly recorded in Epyrus (norweast Greece) by a certain Teophilus in the V century in his book "The false stories of the pagans". The last know copy was lost in the otoman conquest, but rumours said that a book still existed prior to WWII.
The myth spoke of the black pelasgians. The pelasgians were the indigenous who lived in Greece before the greeks appeared. Near the actual Ioanina, a group existed that was very diferent from his neighbours, physicaly and culturaly; they were shorter, with alien features. They made human sacrifices, raiding other villages. When a group of acheans (one of the first greek people to appear) invade the region with their superior weapons (bronze) they helped the other pelasgeans to eliminate the black pelasgeans (who received that name, since the original name was in purpose forgotten). The village was razed, and the altar of the sacrifices destroyed (a stone that was originaly black, but turned red with blood). But more vile in itself, was the nekia (in ancient greek, nekyia- the sacrifice for contacting the dead). The black pelasgian knew how to call the People Who live under Hades, and would eat their flesh, turning themselves immortals. The People Who live under Hades, where themselves cannibals and could extend their lifes by eating the flesh of the deads, but were punish by the gods, transforming themselves in monsters, having to live in forgotten places. With the destruction of the black pelasgian, a sanctuary was created in Dodona, dedicated to Zeus and the Mother Godess.
To the Professor, this myth shows that the acheans used the divisions of the locals to conquest, like the spanish with the aztecs, and then inventing stories about their enemies.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee again subvocalizes to translate for the others and fills them in on his conversation with the librarian. "Well, I think we all know who the People Who live under Hades are," he says. "A bunch of people have been reading this book lately. We need to find out who." He looks in the back of the book to see if there is a card or something of the sort indicating when people have checked the book out.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:12 am
by kabukiman
There isn't any indication about the prior reader.

Tschhh was stunned. He saw a female of the humans that was of unsurpassed beauty, even for his own kind. She had such delicate features and kindness, that Tschhh felt troubled, something he never had thought it was possible.
He had found a perfect sacrifice.
The theology about the subject had been developed by the priest Krrrv at the time of King Pnh. He had said, that sometimes, a so pure creature appeared, that Itaqua was immediately pleased with her sacrifice, conceding the wish demand. After some debate, the idea had been considered heretic and Krrrv condemned to be slowly burned alive, then resurrect, burned again, and repeat the process for all eternity. Some years later, there was a great revolt from the farmers, showing that his insidious idea had spread by the population. A noble from the court suggested that the farmers were revolting not because of Krrrv ideas, that they were ignorant, but because 10 sacrifices were made for each resurrection of Krrrv and they thought stupid to kill people to resurrect someone just to kill him again- the priests entered in panic to discover that nobles were also partisans of Krrrv, so they stopped the resurrection of Krrrv before someone helped him, and ordered the execution of the noble by heresy (but someone pointed that as a noble he was too dumb to understand the true mystic, so they executed him for treason by empalement).
What troubled the priests was the suggestion that the sacrifices they made were less than perfect. It could imply that they weren’t doing everything they should, to find that such person, putting in jeopardize their position.
Now Tschhh had seen such a creature. But there was a problem: his companion high priest of Dagon. He couldn’t suspect of Tschhh thoughts, so Tschhh would have to suggest her sacrifice as someone banal, and not as a perfect sacrifice.
In the meantime, the other fish man (what was his name? Y'nkee? They had so strange names!). was speaking something about human story and a lot of different peoples.
Tshhh spoke to Jahee:
-You see that girl? I think we could sacrifice her as amendment for what happened yesterday. But this time, let me make it to the Walker of the Wastes

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:55 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee is also staring at the beautiful woman, but for different reasons. "A sacrfice?" he says. "But...she's so beautiful. It would be such a tragic waste. She would make a far better mate. Anyone could be a suitable sacrifice."

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:07 am
by kabukiman
Tshhh look at Y'nkee without understanding.
-What?

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"My people can interbreed with humans," explains Y'nkee subvocally, "and with many other creatures besides. My father was a human, but my mother is a Deep One. I was born human, and I married a human woman. Even after I transformed, I was still able to have more children with her. Though she was mortal and has long since died, our descendants live on. Some of them have transformed as I have. Others, such as Matthew, have only undergone a partial transformation. Human females can be very attractive to us, even though they are so different. This particular female is especially so."

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:16 am
by kabukiman
-But...oh! I understand. She is pretty so you keep her to you. I get it now.
No wonder they had lost the planet for the humans. If they keeped they must beautiful girls for them, and just sacrificed the huglies, the Great Old Ones were probably mad at them. Tschhh tried to imagine what would hapened if someone had sugest such a thing in his civilization. He prefered not. Even the farmers would agreed that there weren't any pain enouth to suffer for such a blasfemy.
-Well, then, we will bring the girl with us, so she may mate one of you.
Tschhh walked in the direction of the girl and said:
-Peasant! Follow us!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2981866/
The girl simply slaped Tschhh in the face. The librarian appeared and asked:
- What is happening here?

OOC: Wow, a 100%. Worst failure I hever had! It's gonna be fun to roleplay this! Don't worry guys, this won't affect you, because it wasn't something as important as th cerimony.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:24 pm
by Tabs
Jahee steps in front of Tschhh and the beautiful human. The Deep One rubs his throat to indicate he cannot talk, then he points at Tschhh and shrugs, raising his eyebrows--to show that Tschhh is a looney.
Subvocally:

"Yes! beautiful indeed. Let's mate with her and then eat her."

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee rolls his eyes as he rises in anger. Clearly Tschhh has no understanding of how to deal with humans, but he still sees an opening to salvage the situation. "Leave her alone, you ruffian!" he says. He turns to the girl. "I'm terribly sorry that this lout has been bothering you. He's obviously drunk. Are you okay, Miss?"

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:12 am
by kabukiman
-Yes, thank you. This jerk call me peasant, and said me to follow him. What kind of girl he thinks I am?

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:04 pm
by Tabs
"We should get her to join with us...."
ooc,I wanna speak! What do I need to do?

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:21 pm
by kabukiman
OOC, Ask subvocaly to Tschhh to make the spell of comunicate.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:35 pm
by Mr. Handy

"You're welcome," says Y'nkee. "He does not know how to treat a lady. It's nice to meet you. My name is Walter. What's your name?"

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:18 am
by kouchpotato
Argyle covers his face with his hands to stifle his mixture of laughter and mortification.

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 am
by kabukiman
-Jennifer. Jennifer Gonzalez. I'm a student here. So, he isn't a friend of yours?- she says still suspicious.

It seems that Tschhh will say something. The librarian is relief to see that there won't be any major problems. The others students are disapointed.

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I've only just met him," says Y'nkee. "We were studying the same ancient myths." He then subvocalizes to the others. "Best not to say anything more, Tschhh. Humans can be difficult to relate to. In any event, now is not the time to try anything. We have her name, and we can find her again any time. The mission comes first."

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:57 am
by Tabs
Subvocalising:

"Yeah, the mission comes first, but here is a great oppportunity to praise our gods. Tschhh, can you cast a spell to enable me to talk to the human?"

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 am
by kabukiman
Tshhh goes toa corner and uses the spell.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:16 pm
by Tabs
Jahee bows to the beautiful human, and clears his throat.

"Forgive us! forgive us! we are foreigners and our manners must appear abysmal to yourself. Are you a researcher by any chance? we pay well for all help."

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:01 pm
by kabukiman
-Researcher? No, I'm a student. And think I know very well the kind of research that creep wants...

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

"What are you studying?" Y'nkee asks Jennifer.

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:37 pm
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote:-Researcher? No, I'm a student. And think I know very well the kind of research that creep wants...
"Ha-ha!--you are right, of course. But I was telling the truth about payment.

"I thought girls liked 'creepy guys,' well, we are creepy guys!"

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:56 am
by kabukiman
- I'm studing psychology, but I'm doing a minor in journalism. What kind of work were you thinking?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 pm
by Tabs
"Research! No, honestly: research. We want to find out all we can about Prof. Dimmesdale: his books, anything...."

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, Professor Dimmesdale is brilliant," says Y'nkee. "His books are becoming increasingly popular, and I've just found some of them here and started reading them. I hope I can get into one of his classes."

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 am
by kabukiman
-Prof Dimmesdale? Have you search in the database? I can see by your face you didn't.
She goes to one of the boxes, starts typing in tiny characters and create a list of books (a little bigger to the one you already have, but none have any name as interesting as the "Nekia").
-See? Here are the books of your professor. If you like so much research, you should ask to Chang from my class, she is really a bookworm.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Y'nkee. "I'm all thumbs when it comes to these things. I'm sure there must be a course schedule available here too, so we can see which classes he teaches and when and where they meet."

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 am
by kabukiman
-Well, bye then, and see if you control your pet there!- she says pointing to Tschhh, and smiling to you
Tschhh says subvocally:
-It will be a real pleasure to torture and then kill that insolent wench!

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll be seeing you," says Y'nkee, waving. He subvocalizes to the others. "Remember that we are in disguise. To her we appear to be mere disgusting humans. She does not know what we are, or that we should be obeyed. Think how you would react if someone who appeared to be subordinate gave you a command." After noting the titles of the books that Professor Dimmesdale has written, he sits down at the computer and attempts to bring up a course schedule.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:08 am
by kabukiman
The professor should have been giving classes tomorrow. But he has been absente the last weeks for health reasons.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Y'nkee looks for an address and a telephone number for the professor, as well as the building and room number of his office.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 am
by kabukiman
No phone number, but you get the other data, and a thing called "e-mail".

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:48 am
by Tabs
Jahee-

"Its a shame we are all ugly humans, I guess Jennifer may have been more friendly had our appearence been attractive: but beauty is only skin deep, and all that.

"What about Ms. Chang?--to help us in our research."

The Deep One tries out the database to find "Chang," looking for her classes or a contact.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:41 pm
by kabukiman
You get 3 different Chang. One student of physics, one of medicine and one of literature. They are all having class in this moment, finishing in 20 minutes.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Jennifer did say that Chang is a bookworm," says Y'nkee, "so it's probably the literature student, though not necessarily. We could always split up and cover all three, but that could end badly, especially as most of us are unfamiliar with humans."

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:08 am
by Tabs
Jahee-

"'Literature' it is then."

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:09 am
by Tabs
Jahee-

"'Literature' it is then."

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 am
by kabukiman
20 minutes latter...
The class of literature is finished. You see the students leaving the room. And you recognized the person you are looking. She looks shy, almost afraid.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"Miss Chang?" says Y'nkee. "Hi, my name is Walter. I know your roommate Jennifer, and she said you might be able to help us with our research."

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:28 am
by kabukiman
She looks very insecure at the group.
-J-Jennifer? H-Help? Research? I don't know if I can help... I mean, I don't know what is about.

Tschhh asks subvocaly:
-So, this girl, can we sacrifice her?

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:14 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Afterwards," subvocalizes Y'nkee. "She may prove useful for our mission first." He speaks out loud to Chang. "We're researching some obscure Greek myths. I'm sure you can help us. Jennifer said you were smart."

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 pm
by kabukiman
-She said? It's nice of her. What do you want?

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"We were just reading about a myth about cannibalism called Nekia in a book by Professor Dimmesdale," says Y'nkee. "Apparently it's very popular lately, as other people have been reading it too. We'd like to find out more about it, as well as what the professor's sources were when he did his research. We'd ask him ourselves, but he's been ill lately and our research has a deadline. We'd also like to find out who else has been researching it. It could be useful to compare notes with them."

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:50 am
by kabukiman
-I know that story. Professor was changing his opinion lately. He was starting to think that maybe there was something of true in that myth. I mean, that there was really a different tribe of pelasgians, instead of being an allegory to those who resisted to the acheans. About his sources, most were just quotes from other authors that I read the original, but he said that once when he was young, he traveled to Greece and found someone who said that had read the last copy, and the Professor said that he believd the other person was telling the true, because what the other person told him were the parts of what he remembered, were a very arcaic greek, with lot's of words that weren't even indo-european. About who was interested, weel usually everyone liked the story, even people who seemed a bit crazy. There was even a corporation interested in that myth. They wanted to pay the professor a trip to Greece to see if he was able to find anything, but he refused, he said he wasn't an archaeologist.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:31 pm
by Tabs
"'Corporation'? Miss Chang, do you know which one?"

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:36 pm
by kabukiman
-Yes. Genetech. They deal with food, so I guess they were interested to get a tax cut.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"A corporation that makes food wants to know about cannibalism?" says Y'nkee, amused. "I've seen this movie. I wonder how soon before they start the marketing campaign for Soylent Green. Does Genetech have offices in Arkham?"

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 am
by Tabs
ooc,Never heard of this film before. Is it worth renting?
Saliva runs down Jahee's chin.

"Thank you, Miss Chang. So, are you able to help us?--we can pay for your services."

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 pm
by kabukiman
OOC,Yes, it is worth.
-Well, what kind of help? And how much money? And hours? Because I have exames to study. I guess the company must have a office, but it's better that you see it in the net

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, it's very good. [i]Soylent Green[/i] came out in 1973 and stars Charlton Heston, Leigh Taylor-Young, and Edward G. Robinson. I read the book it was based on (Harry Harrison's [u]Make Room! Make Room![/u]) before I ever saw the movie, which is very, very different from the book in key plot points, which I won't spoil here.

"It shouldn't take you too long," says Y'nkee. "Now I'm really intrigued by Genetech, and I'd like to know more about them. What would you think would be a fair wage?"

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:04 am
by kabukiman
-30 $ by day, plus any expense I may have. You think it's good for you?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"But you wouldn't be working for the entire day," says Y'nkee. "You should be paid an hourly wage based on the number of hours actually worked. And what expenses do you think you would incur?"
OOC,How much money did we find on the bodies of the guys we killed last night?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:37 am
by Tabs
ooc,I've added "Soylant Green" to my DVD rental list.
Jahee, subvocally-

"We could pay with some gold trinkets?"

Jahee, speaking-

"You are not cheap, Miss Chang! So, you'll dig into Prof. Dimmesdale's life and work--provide us with any documents, his books, info. on his address, etc.--just about anything...."

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:04 am
by kabukiman
OOC,60$
-Well, if you are paying by hour, what about 5$ at hour? I was thinking of some photocopies I may need to take. I'l get a resumé of all his publications and his adress. When do you need all those things?

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"We have some of what the humans use for money," subvocalizes Y'nkee. "We got them from the bodies last night. They are the little green pieces of paper that the humans use these days instead of things of real value like gold. We have sixty of their dollars. They won't go as far as they used to, but they should be enough."

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:04 am
by Tabs
Jahee-

"$5 per hour it is. We want the work done straight away. If we are pleased with you there may be an extra honour, I mean payment, for you."

Subvocally-

"Where to now? Genetech, maybe?"

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:43 am
by kabukiman
Tschhh subvocaly:
-First we must tell her when we need what she's doing, and then where she may find us. And did all you have notice that she has a different look of the other humans? It's like she was from a diferent population of humans.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"Humans are very diverse," subvocalizes Y'nkee. "This female is from one of the largest subgroups of humans, the Chinese. They come from the other side of the world, though they have spread to many places on the planet from there. The Chinese are responsible for many clever human inventions, such as paper and gunpowder." He speaks aloud to Chang. "We would also like to know whatever you can find out about Genetech. Can you get us this information by tomorrow, or do you need more time? And shall we meet in the library when you have it?"

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:43 am
by kabukiman
-Well, I could send you this today by mail, but if you insist, we can meet tomorrow at 9AM here in the library. About Genetech, give me a minute to see what I can do.
She goes to one of the box, and after several minutes she give you a paper with an address. Looks like they have a facility here in the outskirts of Arkham.

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 am
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote:Tschhh subvocaly:
And did all you have notice that she has a different look of the other humans? It's like she was from a diferent population of humans.
Jahee-

"I was worried for a moment about Chang--so, she is from a different human group? Okay."

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Miss Chang," says Y'nkee. "We shall see you tomorrow."

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 am
by kabukiman
-So are we going to that Genetech? And what's a corporation? Some kind of guild?

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm not sure," Y'nkee says, "but you're probably right. Genetech should be our next stop, yes. We can pretend to be students doing research on genetically modified food and ask for information. Naturally they'll only tell us positive things about themselves, but we can compare it to whatever Chang is able to learn about them when we see her tomorrow, and we'll get a chance to see their operation."

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am
by kabukiman
You take a taxi and arrive at the adress. It's outside the city, and you can see a wall of 2m of high, that surounds the place. There is a gate with a guard.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am
by Tabs
Jahee nods to the plan of visiting Genetech.

Genetech, speaking to the guard-

"Good morning, sir. We students from the university would like to look around."

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes," says Y'nkee. "We're doing research on genetically modified foods. In addition to looking around, we'd like whatever information your corporation gives out."

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:48 am
by kabukiman
-What? Did you have an apointement or something? Because I can't let anyone enter just like that

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can we make an appointment now?" asks Y'nkee.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 am
by kabukiman
-Let me make a call.
He takes a telephone, speaks with someone and then answer you.
-Ok, someone will come to pick you. You have 20 minutes and then you will have to leave.
After some time, a car come from inside, and you receive instruction to enter.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:08 am
by Tabs
"Thank you, sir."

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, thank you," says Y'nkee, going inside with the others.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 am
by kabukiman
After a small trip, you enter in a very big building. There are several persons dressed in blue, with blue hats. The place is all white. They escort you to a room empty with just a men in a suite waiting.
-So, you are the students. What do you pretend to know exactly?

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're doing research on genetically modified food," says Y'nkee, "and we know that Genetech is one of the companies pioneering the process. We'd like to know about the history of the corporation, how you conduct research and operations, and your plans for the future. If you have any promotional literature and a prospectus, we'd be very interested in getting copies of them, and we'd especially like to take a tour of your facilities."

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:23 am
by kabukiman
-Most of that information is in our website. But I can get you a prospectus if you can. About a tour, well, I'l ask one person. So, what kind of study are you doing?

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're studying the feasibility of using genetically modified foods as the solution to world hunger," says Y'nkee. "Can yields be sufficiently increased to feed an exponentially growing population, or must other solutions be found to supplement them? Are the safety concerns legitimate, or are they overblown? We intend to do a broad study and analyze data from a variety of sources to answer these questions."

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 am
by Tabs
Jahee, subvocally-

"Phew! Well done, Y'nkee."

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 am
by kabukiman
He doesn't show any emotion, then quickly answer.
-The safety of our consumers is our own priority. Nothing that have been carefuly studied, researched and analysed is put available to the public. we follow very strict regulations, and agents of the goverment came to assure that everything is following the normal procedures. But our own tests are even more careful than what is asked; we cannot commit any mistake or it would be our end. And all our direct competion follow those procedures. You see, the seeds are sterile, they cannot reproduce themselve, meaning they cannot appear by themself, they need to modfied by our scientists, so they will not spread in other aread, damaging the envirement. Unfortunely, there is still great resistence againt crops modified. People is very conservative and several companies don't hesitate to bash our products. But if all the world would use them, instead of traditional crops, we could feed people for the next one hundred years. All that would remain would be the question of protein, but that could be solve too, by special modified products.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Really?" says Y'nkee, intrigued. "Tell me more about these specially modified products that can solve the protein issue."

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:13 am
by kabukiman
-There will be special plants developed to give all the protein that a human need. I don't know much about the details myself. But this way, we won't need to use animal's meat. But we are still waiting for the aproval. Those things take a lot of time.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"I see," says Y'nkee. "And what do you propose to do about the problem of population growth? The food supply can only be increased arithmetically, but the human population is growing exponentially. Genetically modified foods might feed the planet for the next hundred years, but what do we do then if population growth is not somehow limited?"

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:20 am
by kabukiman
-That is not our problem. We have elections and politicians to that kind of problem. And in most of western civilization, the growing of population isn't a problem. But I'm sure there wull be new progress of technologies that will solve those problems too.We try to give our modest contribute, but we cannot do everything on our own.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:03 pm
by Tabs
Jahee, subvocally-

"Too many humans, not enough meat?--the answer is obvious."
ooc,I watched Soylent Green last night. I enjoyed it, but--obviously--the film did feel very dated. On friday I watched "The Black Swan," technically it was amazing (in comparison to Soylent).

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:44 pm
by Mr. Handy

"My thoughts exactly," subvocalizes Y'nkee. "This may be why they're so interested in legends about the Ghouls." Then he speaks out loud. "Would it be possible to speak to the scientists involved in your research?"
OOC,I haven't seen Black Swan, but yes, Soylent Green is very much a product of its times, and it was quite some time ago when you think about it. I wasn't even born yet in 1973.

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:59 am
by kabukiman
-I don't think so. They are all very busy, and they are all in a diferent part of the building that we don't have access.

Tschhh subvocaly:
-Do you want that I try to hypnotise him? A simple trick to avoid any problem...

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:41 am
by Tabs
Jahee, subvocally-

"Tschhh, yes, it's worth a try."

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 am
by kabukiman
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3055213/
... but as I told you, we have a great interest with security.

The man continues speaking like if nothing hapened
Tschhh is anoyed. But he decides that instead of forcing his will, maybe he could just implant the thought of showing the facilities?
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3055224/
-So, maye you could show us all the place?
The man stares at them and then says.
-Well, usually we only let people see the uper part, but I guess you are so nice, and it would be a nice propaganda to our company, so I'l take you to the research laboratories.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Y'nkee. "We look forward to seeing them."

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:12 am
by Tabs
Jahee, subvocally-

"Good work, Tschhh."

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:07 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, I'l give you this pass so you may come with me.
He gives you each a small paper in a plastic that says "visitor".
He starts showing the offices. Then he goes to the laboratory (you don' actually enter, but can see them, since they have a glass). You see some plants and lots and lots of computers. And strange machines.
Make a spot hidden.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Fascinating," says Y'nkee as he looks around, but he notices nothing unusual - aside from the usual unusual things.

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 pm
by Tabs
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3067780/]Spot Hidden (1d100=74)[/url] 30%
Jahee, subvocally-

"Hmmm! I haven't a clue. We need a human computer geek if we want to know what's going on here. Miss Chan, um, you know, the foreign looking human, she could do it...."

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 am
by kabukiman
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3069798/
Tschhh says subvocally.
-There is a door that he is avoiding. It has a red sign.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can you get him to tell us what's behind the door - or better yet get him to show us?" subvocalizes Y'nkee.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 pm
by Tabs
Jahee, subvocally-

"Yes, we want to know what is behind the red door."
ooc,I'm away until July.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:19 am
by kabukiman
OOC,Thanks for the warning
Tschhh asked to the guide.
-This is very interesting, but I notice that there is one last door. Could we go there.
-I'm sorry, but that is a restricted area. I'm not allowed to go there. Only someone with a bigger clearance can go there.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can we talk to someone who does have clearance, please?" asks Y'nkee.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:56 pm
by kabukiman
-That would be Mr Taylor. He won't let you, it's a waste of time. I'm not allowed myself.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"He won't even let you see it?" asks Y'nkee. "Aren't you curious what's behind that door and why you're not allowed to see it?"

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 am
by kabukiman
-Well, yes I admit sometimes I'm a bit curious, but I have a family and it's not worth losing my job. And thery are probably just afraid of some spies that steal their secrets. No know, rival companies getting their formulas.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, I can understand that," says Y'nkee. "We'd still like to speak to Mr. Taylor. Even if he won't give us access to that door, I'm sure he has a lot of useful knowledge."

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:13 am
by kabukiman
-Well, if that's what you want, I can speak with him. I don't promiss anything.
He asks you to wait in a room. After some time he says that Mr Taylor will receive you ... in an hour. A hour passes, and then a women come and call you.
The office is very big, with lot's of books and a computer. Mr Taylor is in his 50's, is a bald and sligthly fat man.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good day, Mr. Taylor," says Y'nkee. "My colleagues and I are doing a research project on the feasibility of genetically modified foods as a potential solution to world hunger, and we have a few questions. First, we'd like to know more about the plants you are working on that will provide protein." He starts off with something less likely to cause offense before even considering broaching the subject of the mysterious forbidden door.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 am
by kabukiman
-I thought that you had already been informed of that kind of solution. We are developing several plants that will be higly resistant to disease and with a higher level of protein.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"We've been informed of the plants, yes," says Y'nkee, "but not the details. How is it possible to have plants produce as much protein as meat? What breakthroughs could enable you to achieve this?"

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 am
by kabukiman
-That's our little secret! We have been investing in this project in years. But it's not such a big deal as it seems. Only until now it was cheaper to keep having cows and pigs, so nobody cared to do what we did.

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Is that what you're working on behind that door in the lab?" asks Y'nkee. "They showed us the lab, but they wouldn't let us through that door."

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 am
by kabukiman
He looks suddenly suspicious and cold.
-Yes, it is.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"Tschhh," subvocalizes Y'nkee, "I think now would be an opportune time to use your powers to convince him to let us see what's behind the door, but try to be subtle. He's already suspicious."

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 pm
by Tabs
He looks suddenly suspicious and cold.
-Yes, it is.
"Sir, we are curious students,--very curious!--that is all. Forgive us if we are being impertinent."

Jahee, subvocally-

"If Tschhh fails we could try using bribery or even threats."

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think either of those would work," subvocalizes Y'nkee, "Mr. Taylor must be weatlhy and powerful to be in this position. We do not have sufficient wealth to bribe him, and I doubt he would bow to threats from the people we appear to be. No, if this does not work, we should return at night and gain entry through stealth."

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:15 pm
by Tabs
Jahee-

"Yes, Y'nkee."

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm
by kabukiman
-We are very discreet persons, and any secret that is there, will be safe with us. You may let us enter.
The man hesitate, but then relaxed.
-Well, it's not what you think. What we have inside the door isn't related to our main investigation, and only a very few persons know about that. Be prepared, you may get a shock. But if you want to be scientists, this is the time. He opened the door of the office and started to walk in direction of the famous door.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee follows along, looking forward to seeing what is behind the mysterious door.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:06 am
by Tabs
Jahee-
Be prepared, you may get a shock.
"I'm unshockable!"

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 pm
by kabukiman
The man put his finger in a small box (with a red light) near the door... the light changes to green and the door open alone!
He enters a small room, and asks you to enter. The place starts moving (it's an elevator). Finally the door open to a new vast room.
There are a dozen of persons working there. They are all dressed like the scientists upstairs, but the don't look at your group or talk to you, as the others. And then you see it. A ghoul in a strange bed with lot's of strange machines. He seems to be sleeping.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:41 am
by Tabs
Jahee, subvocally-

"Careful, you ghouls among us, don't get excited if that other ghoul is part of an experiment."

Jahee asks the man-

"Incredible! What type of creature is this? Is it dead?"

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where did you find it?" asks Y'nkee. "How does it fit into your plans to produce protein from plants?"

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, it's a radical new solution. That creature as incredible as it may sound, is actually human. And live in this city. But somehow, he have developed some amazing abilities. He is very strong and resistant, he can see in the dark, has a smell like a dog. Can eat any kind of food. And can regenerate damage that could kill a bull. We are studying it's DNA to copy it's properties, without the ugly face of course.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"That is fascinating," says Y'nkee. "However did you find him? And how are you compensating him for his help?"

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:52 pm
by kabukiman
-We are not. Let's just say that he was involved in activities very illegal. Actually I get sick of thinking of that. So it's actually a favor we are doing to him, this way he won't be arrested and he will actually do something for the rest of humanity.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"I see," says Y'nkee. "May we speak to him?"

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:26 am
by kabukiman
-No, you can't. He is sedated. He was a bit... dangerous.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"Is he the only one of his kind, or are there others like him?" asks Y'nkee.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:51 am
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote:-No, you can't. He is sedated. He was a bit... dangerous.
Jahee-

"'Sedated': Do you mean that it is kept prisoner?"

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am
by kabukiman
-Not prisioner. Just in our... custody.

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"You never answered my question," says Y'nkee. "Are there any others like him?"

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:46 am
by Tabs
"Custody!"

Jahee waits on the reply to Yankee's question....

"Are there more of these creatures?"

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know actually the details of the capture, so it is possible that others lioke him exist. But as I said before, it is human, even if grotesque.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"And where exactly did you find him?" asks Y'nkee.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 am
by kabukiman
In a sewer I think, but as I said before, I don't know the details. It wasn't our corporation that captured him, but another group that we enjoyed good relations. Since we are very good in genetics, they have give it to us, in exchange of anything we discover. We have share what we discover, but it's been a true mine! Wait, now that you are talking about it, I think there was another that was killed some time before, but they didn't give it us. But who cares? We have one that is alive!

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:13 am
by Tabs
Jahee, subvocally to Tschhh-

"Ask the man who the other group--the ones who captured the ghoul--are?"

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Agreed," subvocalizes Y'nkee. "I think they must be the men we ran into last night at the cemetery, but it would be good to get confirmation."

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:38 am
by kabukiman
-Well, it was a small group. I wasn't counting them .

OOC: Make a spott hidden check.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 am
by Tabs
ooc: Spot Hidden (1d100=61), skill =30%

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee is just a little too distracted by the conversation. "Since you made a deal with these people," he says, "there must be some record of it. Their names have to be written down somewhere."

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 am
by kabukiman
-Well, I guess I could look in our database. It's just a question of looking in our database. Oh, well, just let me ask one of the... Wait, where is everyone?
You notice that all scientists have left the place.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that is odd," says Y'nkee. "Don't they have work to do in here? They can't all have taken a break at the same time."

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 am
by kabukiman
-Yes, this is not suppose to happen.
You see him taken a small device and start talking to it.
-Here it's Taylor speaking, I'm in the lab room in level -1. Why have everyone vanished? Oh? What kind of technical problem? And why I wasn't informed? You didn't wanted to bother me? We will continue this talk latter, prepare yourself to have serious trouble!- and he stops speaking to the machine.
-I'm very sorry, this is very dificult to find competent personel. Where was I? Rigth, about the names, let's go to my office.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"Of course, lead the way," says Y'nkee. He subvocalizes to the others. "This is the perfect opportunity for one of us to stay behind and rescue the ghoul, while the room is empty. I think it would be best if he were freed by a fellow ghoul." As he follows Taylor out of the lab, he positions his large bulk between him and Argyle and Eleanor so that he blocks Taylor's view of them, hoping he won't notice until too late that one of them is gone.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:34 pm
by kabukiman
Taylor is near the elevator and call it. It takes several minutes until the door starts to open.
OOC: Who stays behind?

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Not me. I think it should be either [b]Argyle[/b] or [b]Eleanor[/b]. [b]Argyle[/b] is a PC, but his player hasn't posted in quite a while.

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:12 am
by Tabs
Jahee-

"Yes, free the ghoul."

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:06 pm
by kabukiman
Taylor called the elevator. Meanwhile, Argyle tried to hide himself behind a desk, full of papers and strange machines. After some minutes, the door opened... full of men dressed in black with weapons. Taylor was shocked with this vision.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"We've got company, Argyle," subvocalizes Y'nkee. "A bunch of humans with guns just got out of our elevator. Be ready in case they come your way."

Y'nkee steps to the side, as if he is getting out of the men's way and expecting them to move past him.
OOC,How many men are there?

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 am
by kabukiman
OOC,5 men, it was the limit that could enter the elevator
The men walks in your direction and one of them shouts:
-Put your hands in your head and don't make any suspicious move! You are under arrest... your dirty thing

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"Tschhh, use your mind powers," subvocalizes Y'nkee as he raises his hands as slowly as he can get away with doing it. "Try to get them to attack each other. Argyle, they're onto us. Free the ghoul and get out of there fast!" Out loud he says. "You cannot arrest me. You are not the police. But please feel free to call them."

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 pm
by kabukiman
Tschhh very slowly raised his hands and suddenly said to one of the men, by pointing to the leader: Kill him!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3147522/
It was impossible to understand if the spell had made any effect (since he was using mirrorshades), until and he shot his leader.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3147527/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3147529/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3147530/

You all saw the right leg exploding in a mess of gore and blood. The other 3 jumped aside and two prepared to shot their former companion, and another one was hesitant looking at you.
OOC,With the effect of surprise, I'l let you all play first, before they start shooting. The orders is the following by dex: first Y'nkee then Jahee. Argyle is going to free the ghoul and Tshhh won't be able to do anything beside covering himself, since he spent a lot of energy in that spell

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 pm
by Tabs
ooc: I presume we are not armed :). I'll roll anyway: Combat (1d100=2), yay!

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:17 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Isn't [b]Eleanor[/b] with us too? I'm not sure which weapons we have on us. If it's concealable, such as a knife, we've probably still got it. The trident and Psychic Rifle are too big to lug around without drawing notice. I'm not sure how big our HPGs are. In any case, a Deep One is never truly unarmed when he's got claws, which do 1d6+db damage. And Y'nkee is pretty good with them. From the Character Creation rules, it appears that we can attack twice per round with claws. The base skill is 25%, but [b]Y'nkee[/b] has 51%. He also has Martial Arts(Dance of the Deeps) at 51%, which not only increases the damage to 2d6+db but also grants him an extra attack if one of his two attacks succeeds - and another extra attack if [i]that[/i] attack succeeds. Once we start taking these guys down, we could also grab their weapons, though they'll likely be unfamiliar to us. I'm guessing a Knowledge:Humanity roll would be needed to figure out how to fire them. Don't forget that you also have spells. If any of my attacks cause my target to go down, I'll move on to the next one - one of the other two guys about to shoot the one under our control. I don't think I need to roll a hit location on that second attack. ;) That roll is a critical hit with any attack you'd be using. I just made two great attack rolls, one of them a crit too, which doubles damage again! :shock: Let's go Dr. Zoidberg on these clowns! Woobwoobwoobwoobwoob! :D

Y'nkee rushes at the only human who is still looking at him, his battle instincts as sharp as ever in spite of lack of recent use. His bony dorsal ridge stands out straight as his claws blur in a whirling dance of death. He slashes the man hard across his midsection. His next attack is far deadlier, eviscerating his victim instantly. He tries to strike at the next man in line, but comes up short.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 am
by kabukiman
OOC,Tabs, it's your turn. You have a critical, use it wisely!

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:03 pm
by Tabs
Jahee scrambles forward and lashes out, inflicting horrendous wounds. The Deep One throws back its head and gurgles in triumph.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3152184/]Claw (2d6+1d4=9)[/url]. Do I need to roll again? and what?

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Jahee[/b] doesn't have a damage bonus - he's very small. That attack did 7 damage, which isn't bad and might knock someone out. You do get a second attack, so you may get to finish your guy off. The base skill for Claw is 25%.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am
by Tabs
ooc,Thanks. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3153036/]2nd attack + damage[only if attack a success] (1d100+2d6=9)[/url]--I should have separated the rolls with ";"--so, a 1 and 8 damage? The 1 seems very lucky, have I rolled correctly?

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You did it right, we've just been insanely lucky this round. You got another critical hit causing 8 damage. It looks like you've taken out one of them, and I've taken out one or two with my hits. One of the others is under our control, and he just shot the fifth one.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 am
by kabukiman
OOC,By my counting, Mr Handy you left one man near dead, and cut another one in pieces; Tabs have cut another one, so all that remains is the guy under Tschhh control and Mr Taylor...

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:20 pm
by Tabs
"Mr. Taylor, if you wish to live, do not make any sudden moves; surrender or die!"

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:34 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee moves to block the entrance to the elevator, just in case Taylor gets any funny ideas about escaping. He also holds the doors open so that it does not leave. "We have the situation under control," he subvocalizes. "Argyle, when you've freed your fellow ghoul, both of you should join us at the elevator."

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:54 am
by kabukiman
Mr Taylor just nods in panic. Argyle is working to free the ghoul and Tschhh is still controling the men.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:03 pm
by Mr. Handy

"How many other guards are in this building?" Y'nkee asks Taylor. "What's the quickest way out? Is there a fire escape?"

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 pm
by Tabs
Jahee helps Argyle free the ghoul.

"Can your buddy walk?"

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 pm
by kabukiman
Taylor:
-Usually about 5 guards, but I never saw those guys, they aren't our regular people. There is only the exit by this elevator, no stairs- he says nervously- please don't kill me! I have a wife and 2 kids!

Argyle:
-I'l have to help him, he is very confused and weakened.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"I won't kill you as long as you don't give me a reason," says Y'nkee. "How can there be no stairs in this place? What happens if there is a fire? You cannot use the elevator then."

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:13 pm
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote: Argyle:
-I'l have to help him, he is very confused and weakened.
"Okay."

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:03 pm
by kabukiman
-There are stairs like those used in submarines, you know, verticals and can only be used by one person at the time, but the exit is just near elevator, so it's not exactly the best way to leave unknow.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Very well," says Y'nkee. "We shall take the elevator when we leave." He picks up one of the guns that a wounded guard has dropped, still remaining in the elevator's threshold to keep it from moving.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:01 pm
by Tabs
"Taylor, come with us."

Jahee subvocalizes.

"A useful hostage. Later on: we can disembowel the human at our leisure."

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 am
by kabukiman
Argyle is already near of you with the ghoul.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy

"Everyone into the elevator," says Y'nkee, stepping backwards into it. "We are leaving."

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am
by kabukiman
Argyle and the ghoul enter, as Tschhh.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:54 pm
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote:Argyle and the ghoul enter, as Tschhh.
Jahee too.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Each of you pick up one of the guns before we go," subvocalizes Y'nkee.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 pm
by kabukiman
Tschhh ignore it: he simply doesn't know how to use those weapons (besides, he can only use ritual daggers to sacrifice, normal weapons are to the warrior cast). Argyle takes one.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:32 am
by Tabs
"What's next?"

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We ride this thing down to ground level," says Y'nkee. "We hold our guns behind our backs. If anyone is the lobby, Mr. Taylor here will make sure we get out of the building."

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:19 pm
by kabukiman
After you all enter, you see the doors closing. The elevator starts moving, and you feel that he quickly stops. And the doors start opening.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:38 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee steps to the side so that he is not directly in front of the doors. He holds his gun behind his back, but he is ready to use it if necessary.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:40 am
by Tabs
Jahee gulps but otherwise does not show any emotion. He holds his gun as Y'nkee does.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:19 pm
by kabukiman
The door is open and you see 3 guards with the uniform of the company.
-Mr. Taylor? Are you alright? What is hapening?

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:31 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Tell them that everything is under control," Y'nkee whispers to Taylor, "and that you're escorting us out." Then he subvocalizes. "Tschhh, you may need to use your mind powers again if he doesn't cooperate."

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 am
by Tabs
Jahee waits for Mr. Taylor's response.

"Do you think we'll have to shoot our way out?"

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:54 pm
by kabukiman
-Everything is under control, I'm just escorting these men outside.- he says.
You all smell his fear.
Tschhh is looking very concentrate, preparing a spell if needed.
One of the security then says:
-Ok, but be quick, we don't know what may hapen.

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:28 am
by Tabs
Jahee looks to Y'nkee.

"Okay to go?"

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes," subvocalizes Y'nkee. "Just make sure you hide your guns first, like I'm doing." He makes sure his safety is on and sticks his gun in his waistband behind his back, then covers it with his shirt. When everyone is ready, he follows Taylor, keeping his eyes open for any sign of trouble.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:06 am
by Tabs
Jahee nods, and does as Y'nkee. Next, he'll exit the elevator.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:17 am
by kabukiman
You leave the hall. You see several workers outside anxious. Some come to your group and start making questions to see if you know anything.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 am
by Tabs
"Hey! We are just visiting. Why are you anxious?"

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't know any more than you do," says Y'nkee to the workers. "Mr. Taylor says everything is under control, though, and I'm sure there will be an announcement soon."

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm
by kabukiman
-Oh, right. Let's wait then to see what's is hapening.
You see several people talking alone, with a small device in the hand.
As soon as you are alone, Mr Taylor asks anxiously:
-I have done my part of the deal, now let me go.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:17 pm
by Tabs
"Not quite yet, Mr. Taylor. First, we need to get away from here."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee nods. "Yes, we'll wait until we're somewhere safe." He subvocalizes the next line. "Let's go back to the cemetery, to the entrance to the ghouls' warren."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:33 pm
by kabukiman
You leave the area. SInce it's day, the streets are quiet crowded
OOC: Make a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y'nkee is attentive, but if there is something interesting happening, it doesn't quite catch his eye.

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 am
by Tabs
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3209378/]Spot Hidden (1d100=90)[/url]
The getaway: Jahee is worried, but foolishly the Deep One spends its time watching its feet, and not looking about for danger.

ooc,Sorry guys, but I didn't realise it was my turn. Excuses, excuses....

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 am
by kabukiman
OOC: No problem, I've been very busy, and don't give the attention I should to the game.

When you are in a street crowded, Mr Taylor starts running as fast as he can. What do you do?

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:48 pm
by Tabs
"Oh! Heh-heh, look at him run. Let's leave Taylor and quickly find some transport."

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, let him go," says Y'nkee. "I don't know how to drive these things, and I'm not sure how we can get someone else to give us a ride. Let's just head to the cemetery in Arkham quickly on foot - unless the ghouls know of a closer entrance. I presume they know the way back."

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 pm
by kabukiman
It takes some time to get there, but you finally find the cemitery. The day is almost ending.

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:00 pm
by Mr. Handy

Y''nkee heads for the entrance to the ghoul warrens, looking around carefully for any sign of trouble or anything out of place.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:01 pm
by Tabs
"Let's hide down below. Argyle, lead the way!"

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 am
by kabukiman
Everything seems normal. There isn't any movement, since the ghouls must be sleeping. As you continue the descent, you finally arrive at the caverns. Some of the ghouls look at you. They loook at you with curiosity, but ignore you. Until you get at the chief.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Greetings, Chief," says Y'nkee. He indicates the ghoul they brought back. "We rescued this fellow from the humans who were holding him captive at a place called Genetech. Is he one of yours?"

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 am
by Tabs
Jahee looks on, expecting many thanks.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:08 am
by kabukiman
-Yes he is one of us. What did they did to him? And to what purpose?
Several ghouls go near you to hear what happened.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 pm
by Tabs
"The ghoul was the subject of a scientific experiment, but for what purpose, I'm unsure. I was hoping it would be able to answer that question for us."

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:27 pm
by kabukiman
-Scientific experiment? What's that?
You see he is starting to lose interest in the conversation, he isn't able to concentrate much time.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"They were trying to use him to make a new kind of food," says Y'nkee, keeping it simple for the chief's benefit. "They weren't going to eat him, but to somehow take something from his body that could help them. He will know more about exactly what they did."

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 am
by Tabs
kabukiman wrote:-Scientific experiment? What's that?
You see he is starting to lose interest in the conversation, he isn't able to concentrate much time.
After Y'nkee explains, Jahee subvocalizes.

"These ghouls either do not care about their own people or are really, really stupid."

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, I'l speak with him. But it doesn' seem so terrible then. Specially if you have bring him, they won't be able to continue to take whateaver they wanted. All we have to do is to be more careful, and avoid been cautgh. It seems everything ended well! Let's make a party then! Did you bring any human to sacrifice and eat again?

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"We had one," says Y'nkee. "I'm sorry to say that he got away from us as we were going through the city. We couldn't risk pursuing him."

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 am
by Tabs
"I am eager to hear the ghoul's story."

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:19 pm
by kabukiman
You stay for some time with the ghouls. Until they call you, to hear the story of the captive that you rescued, since he is feeling better. You come to the main cave where a lot of the ghouls are wating and watching. You finally see the saved one appear and he start talking.

-I would like to thank my rescuers. If it wasn't for them, I would be still in captivity, suffering experiments. Those humans that captured me are truelly insane and cruel . They seem to enjoy to torture other creatures..
After a pause he continues:
- Since I was human myself until some decades ago, I liked to keep in touch with the world of the humans. With a spell, I can disguise myself, and at night, with a simple makeup and cloths I don't even need that. Well, some time ago, I was in the Miskatonic University, when I heard some students talking about certains things that humans are not supposed to know. I followed them, and noticed they were talking about a certain book. I discovered what was the book, and read it. It had been written by a certain professor Dimmesdale and it included a ritual that by slaying and killing onme of our kind, it could turn a human immortal- without any transformation! I tried to enter in his house, but the place seemed warded againts us. When I tried to leave the place, I was spotted by some humans that started to chase me. I tried to run, but they shot me and I was badly hurt. I was with another ghoul that died, but they were eager to capture me.
He stops then he continues.
-When I awaked, I was in a room full of bizarre machines. They make me a lot of questions, like if I had been born this way, my age, name and things like that. Then they stoped to make questions and started to put lot's of needles in my body and making tests. And then they must have drugged me, because I don't remember much, I was always sleeping, just awakening for brief moments.

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:39 pm
by Tabs
"Immortal? Bah! Only the chosen ones have that gift."

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"You're quite welcome," says Y'nkee to the ghoul. "I understand where you're coming from. I too used to be human, and I also like to keep in touch with their world. I have family in Innsmouth. I know a spell much like the one you describe, and I can disguise myself by more mundane means too. We Deep Ones already have immortality. If humans truly wish to be immortal, they should join with us. Then their children would become like us and live forever."

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:52 am
by kabukiman
-It's not so simple. The humans continue to refuse to accept the existence of our divinities that grant our gifts. And they want to continue to be humans with their civilization intact.

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"One day," says Y'nkee, "when the stars are right, Great Cthulhu will arise from his slumber and crush the humans' pitiful civilization, toppling it like the house of cards it is. And on that day, my friend, you shall feast!"

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:54 am
by kabukiman
He nods in agreement. The ghouls go each to his own affairs, and the situation was solved. You saved a ghould and discovered what was hapening.

OOC: The scenario is finished. In some days I'l m make a conclusion, but for you it's the end. Congratulations. I hope you enjoyed.

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 am
by Tabs
Jahee nods, and again fingers his peculiar nose.

"All's well that ends well. ...Anyone know when this shape-changing spell will wear off?..."

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:20 pm
by kabukiman
Epilogue
Several days latter
Report C-236/18AU2011 00:15
A:
I will send you latter a full report, as soon as the lab give us more information, but for now I’m just telling you what we could understand from the brief contact.
The “creatures” (I’m using this word, on purpose, even if we know they are apparently human), seem to have a very basic knowledge of modern technology. That It never occur them that we would use scanning machines (to detect weapons or the contraband of any device from our base), is normal, very few persons think of that (in this case, it served to show their deformities), but that ignored the functions of surveillance cameras, is a different thing. Whatever system they used to camouflage their true appearance (I’l return to this point latter), failed to foul the cameras, and they didn’t seemed to recognize them.
About the anatomy, I’l start with the ma-dog, as K called them as a joke: there isn’t much we learned. They weren’t’ shot, so we don’t know if they would react as predicted, they practically didn’t fight, but the reason why this happened are quite obvious.
About: the frog-man: this group was a complete surprise. Our group of scientist is so excited that they didn’t stopped work for near 48 hours, until we were forced to send them to sleep; even the bodies of the victims were kept to be analyze. Unfortunely, all we have of them is some samples of DNA from their claws and the images from the scanning machine and cameras. Their primary conclusion seem to be same as with the dog-man: they are practically human, with just some minor deformities. I know it’s not what you were expecting, but it’s true. And since we are not talking about humans with random deformities, but with patterns in groups, its probably the result of the inbreeding from the descendent of an ancestor; but how such disparate group have decide to collaborate together, baffles us.
They are incredible fast, much more than the dog-man; they moved quickly enough to kill our man with their own hands (of course they the element of surprise, too much confidence from our man, and the third factor I’l tell you latter).
Finally the Frankenstein: this one was a true shock to our scientist. You see, all the others were basically humans that were deformed. But this one, is a different kind. Even if he looks human (he could have pass by human without that masquerade, even if a bit freakish), our scientist say that his bones definitively not human. It’s like if he was a parallel evolution from a total different specie, and by some lucky chance, it evoluted to a human form. Problem is, where are the other members? Hide in some forgotten cavern?
About their powers: we can forget about the devices that they may have use: the detectors didn’t find anything, they don’t seem sophisticated enough, so we must accept that they are able to mass hypnotize, it’s the only way to explain that everyone saw normal people in them. It’s a pity we didn’t see recorded any sound, because one of the scientists said it was impossible to be their eyes, since our man had sunglasses, but it was probably something in their voices. We won’t be able to test this theory, but it have it’s merits.
In other words, the loss of some men, was more than compensate, by the observation of them in a free environment. And thanks to the GPS we have in the former captured dog-man, we know their localization and the assault team will enter in action still this night now that we have a plant of the caverns.
Regards
L.