Page 1 of 1

Scene 15: Off exploring

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:47 am
by zielonobrody
Wednesday, March 15, 1922
2:00PM
Providence, Rhode Island

As Karl delicately gathers up the book and packs it into the trunk of his car and rolls away, the rest of the party reluctantly head on down to the house on Narrow Lane. It seems nothing has changed since the last time they were there leaving in a hurry. Shattered bloody glass still lays on the lawn behind the house. The doors are unlocked as they left them in their haste. Fortunately Andrews cart is still there.
Roll Listen,Please :)

Re: Scene 15: Off exploring

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 pm
by royya
Andrew

Listen (1d100=36)

"My cart thanks god."
Andrew calls like a mother that found her lost child in a crowded parade. He haste to his cart, smelling the bagels to check their freshness. If they do, he will hand one to each of his friends.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum rather timidly goes up and opens the front door.
OOC,Calum hears nothing! Roll of 97% http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3219688/

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 am
by zielonobrody
OOC,Nobody hears anything so far.

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison
Listen - Failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3229972/]Listen (33%) (1d100=71)[/url]
Dan hobbles into the house with the help of his crutches. Already he was starting to hate the way they made his under-arms feel - all crouded and sweaty. He looked around the house and his eyes locked on the stairs. "I want to go upstairs to that room..." he looked at the others and said, "I'd appreciate it if someone came with me ... besides Calum. It will only take a few seconds." He looked at Calum and said, "It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that you've already proved yourself ineffective and practically useless."

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:28 pm
by royya
Trying to end the stupid debate Andrew say quickly
I'll go with you
Andrew wasn’t there when Dan fell from the window so he is not worried with the rubbish they say about ghosts.

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:07 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum groans quietly to himself. It was so much nicer when Marrison was still in hospital.

Deciding not to bother arguing with the crazed cripple, Calum ignores him and sets about quickly getting the team's equipment out of the house and into the front garden, before transferring from there to vehicular transport.

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Thanks Andrew," Dan says as he slowly hopped up the stairs to the room where he had his 'accident'. He looked about for clues that he might have missed before making sure to stay well away of the windows. He checked the bed to see if it was on wheels and if there was anything tied to it, like a rope on a pulley mechanism that might have animated it.

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:51 am
by royya
Andrew peaks around Dan’s shoulder and along the corridor.

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:22 pm
by zielonobrody
Dan&Andrew,The room is bare except for the bed standing directly by the window, which seems to have been broken outwards, and an empty cabinet by the wall. Dan feels a shiver down his spine as he enters the room. There isn't anything attached to the bed after further inspection.
Andrew,As Dan inspects the room, Andrew enters behind him. There is some blood on the broken window. Something wet hits Andrew's forehead and drips down the side of his face. Automatically Andrews hand snaps to his cheek to check what it is. He looks at his fingers, they are red. The liquid is thick. Looks like ketchup. He looks up, where he finds there is a pool of red on the ceiling. Another drop falls and hits his forehead.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:49 am
by royya
Mother Mary!!
Cries Andrew out aloud, loud enough for the companions down stairs to hear him.
DAN ,LOOK!
He backs to the door, trying to wipe the blood frantically from his face with his sleeve.
Someone must have been slaughtered in the attic.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan was startled by Andrew's shout and immediately turned his attention to the man, looking where he was pointing. He did try to keep one eye on the bed though.

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:26 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum has been diligently grabbing kit and moving it into the front garden. Spying one of the sheathed hunting knives bought as part of the provisions, Calum grabs it and sticks it in his free jacket pocket. You never know when you might want to do some whittling.

I wonder how that clod is doing upstairs?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:38 pm
by zerostate
Will, on hearing the shout from inside, rushes into the house as best he can with his injuries, calling out, "Is everyone okay?"

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:49 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum jumps slightly at Will's shouting, clearly nervous around this house. Recovering himself, he says to Will: "Good grief, don't tell me they've already got into trouble upstairs! I was hoping to be in and out of here quickly just to avoid this."

Entering the front door, Calum pulls his Webley Fosbery 45 revolver out of his jacket, carefully cocks the hammer, then holds it pointed upwards.

"I cannot describe how little I want to go back upstairs in this house." With a sigh, Calum starts heading for the stairs up. "Chaps, is everything alright up there?"

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:31 am
by ImpInTraining
ooc,waiting to see if I spot the blood on the ceiling as well before I respond to anything.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:40 pm
by royya
Up here!
Andrew calls to the folks downstairs.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:04 pm
by BenTheRat
Meanwhile....

Karl is driving.

(friendly bump)

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:30 am
by zerostate
Will struggles up the stairs as quickly as he can in response to Andrew's call.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:00 pm
by zielonobrody
Dan,Turning around from the window Dan sees Andrew with blood dripping down his face, slightly smeared on his cheek. He's pointing upwards to a pool of blood dripping slowly from the ceiling.
Will,You run up the stairs.
Calum,As Will sprints upwards the staircase you slowly make yourself mount the steps, beads of perspiration starting to form on your forehead.
Andrew,Nothing new for you. just a diversion, sorry.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan hobbles toward the doorway out of the bedroom, giving the bed wide clearance out of respect, and said to Andrew, "Well, you'd think we'd have seen that coming in... huh?" He tries to circle around where the blood is dripping, preferring not to ruin his clothes with blood stains, and asks, "Which way to the attic?"

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:44 am
by zielonobrody
Dan,The blood is dripping from the ceiling in the bedroom, but that's just a minor detail, we might have missed it by omission.
There doesn't seem to be any way to an attic in the bedroom. There's something that resembles a flap to an attic at the end of the hallway.
Meanwhile Will and Calum make it up the stairs, Calum visibly crawling his way along the wall, gun in hand. The situation seems to be under control so he seems to ease up a bit.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:27 pm
by royya
There is a body in the attic
Andrew calls for the others as he steps out of the room
Someone was killed right above that room.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:30 pm
by ImpInTraining
zielonobrody,[quote="zielonobrody"]Dan,The blood is dripping from the ceiling in the bedroom, but that's just a minor detail, we might have missed it by omission.[/quote] Yeah, I figured as much too... but Dan doesn't want the others to think he's oblivious to the obvious details if he can help it.
Dan says "Well, we don't know this to be a fact just yet. It could be a bucket of red paint that some raccoon knocked over. Let's preserve our assessment until we get up there." He stood near the flap in the ceiling and looked up at it a moment, mentally willing it to fall open (but failing). He shook his head and looked to the others, "There's no way I could get up there with this bum leg. Was there a ladder or step stool anywhere that could offer us a lift closer to the flap?"

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 pm
by royya
Maybe there is a storage room in the backyard or the basement where the residents held some tools and a ladder.
Andrew remarks as he wipes his face again, checking to see if there is still blood on his face.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:49 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum sighs anxiously, but carefully eases the hammer of his big revolver forward again and puts it back in his jacket. Don't need any accidents to add to our varied problems.

"I'm sure there's plenty of chairs about that someone could just stand on and reach up. Or we have a spade and a pick-axe downstairs, we could use one of those?"

"I'll go and grab the pick-axe and a flashlight too."

Calum quickly starts back down the stairs.

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm
by zerostate
Will looks up at the flap, then around for something to stand on so he can reach it.

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Anyone got a camera handy?" Dan asks before Calum steps away. "We should probably record this instance as best we can. If there is a body upstairs, the police might appreciate a little photographic evidence taken so early in the investigation." He shrugged and with a smirk said, "And if it's part of the haunting, then we'll probably notice the blood missing soon, right? Might as well catch it while we can."
ooc,I'm not even sure what equipment my character has. It's not on his character sheet. I'm relatively sure we went through this before. Do you have it recorded somewhere?

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 am
by zielonobrody
Will,there are a few cabinets that would be eligible to move out of the bedrooms and use to reach the attic latch.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:50 am
by zerostate
Will painfully (his ribs still hurt) starts to drag cabinets and chests-of-drawers out of the house's rooms to build a stack that can be climbed to the attic trap door.

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:03 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum quickly but carefully zips down the stairs and outside, grabs the pick-axe and a flashlight (both from the items purchased earlier), then heads back upstairs again.

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:33 pm
by zielonobrody
Mike follows Calum up the stairs and helps Will pull the cabinets into the hallway. In a matter of minutes the stack is ready and Calum is back with the necessary supplies. The latch into the attic looks like it hasn't been used in a while. At a lack of volunteers Calum starts prying it open. It seems a bit stuck, but comes away with a push. A cloud of dust and cobwebs escapes the attic and a rather large spider falls out and scurries for safety.
ooc,and a dead body tumbles out. not ;)
Calum,It's dark and dusty upstairs and there is no light. It's fairly easy to pull yourself up. The flashlight lights the way. The ceiling is low, and you have to step over and under the beams of the roof. The attic has not been used for a long time, there isn't anything there except the dust that rises with each step you take. Or is there... You catch something with the corner of your eye as you sweep the attic with your flashlight. You point the beam of light that way and a furry shape appears. There is blood. You take a step back and hit your head on one of the beams and let out a yelp.
Everyone else,Calum climbs upstairs. You hear him make his way across the attic. Suddenly you hear a sort of "crack" and Calum lets out a yelp.

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:00 pm
by royya
Calum!
Andrew calls and begin to climb to help the man.

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:45 am
by zerostate
Will holds the stack of cabinets steady as Andrew climbs up.

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Sounded like a bear trap," Dan regarded to the noise. "I do hope he's all right." The detective felt pretty useless down there with his bum leg. There was no way he'd be making it up that rickety make-shift stairway. "Andrew, let us know if we should call the police or an ambulance." He could do that much, at least.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 pm
by zielonobrody
Calum,ooc:Are you there? Continue please :)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:14 am
by andyw666
Calum:

"Yeeeoooww!!!" Calum yells. "Ow, blast it, I hit my head. Somebody get up here with me, I think there's some kind of wild animal up here. And blood." To say Calum sounds panicky would be an understatement.
Meanwhile...,[b]Calum[/b] draws his revolver again and cocks it, then starts shining the flashlight about rather frantically trying to spot the beastie...

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:53 am
by royya
Coming...
Andrew calls and climbs up

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:44 pm
by zielonobrody
Andrew and Calum,Andrew laboriously climbs up the stack of cabinets and such and sticks his head through the latch. It's a bit cramped up in the attic. Calum is shining his flashlight every which where but then it suddenly stops and he stands there perplexed. Andrew pulls himself up and makes his way to join Calum. The pool of light on the floor shows a dead rat, It seems to have had ALL of it's blood squished out of it somehow. There's still some left on the floor if a bit dried out. The rest must have seeped through into the bedroom below.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:23 pm
by royya
It’s a rat, a dead rat.
Andrew calls out to the others
No way that rat had so much blood ... there has to be some logic answer to this.
Andrew say as he pull himself up and help Calum to his feet.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
by ImpInTraining
"Would be nice to get a picture of this blood stain. Where'd I put my camera..." Dan said to himself as he started down the stairs slowly, holding onto his crutches with one hand, and the stairway railing with the other as he descended.

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:00 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Still holding the revolver carefully pointed at the roof, and with the flashlight trained on the ex-rat, Calum cautiously edges closer to the little beast. Once closer, he studies it carefully without touching it.

"I hate to make snap decisions, except perhaps about Germans, drunken flappers and cranky, crippled PIs, but I am really starting to not like this house at all."

"Where's our doctor? Mike? Your next autopsy is up here."

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:00 pm
by royya
Gross...
Andrew remarks as he joins Calum up in the attic to check the rat. He then turns around to see if there are other things in the attic.

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm
by ImpInTraining
once at the foot of the stairs, Dan heads for their pile of objects that they purchased yesterday and starts digging through it in hopes of finding a camera.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:13 am
by zerostate
Will shouts down to Dan. "If you can't find your camera, mine is in my work bag. If you use my camera, I get rights on the photograph, right?" He hates the idea of anyone else using the tool of his livelihood, but realizes it would be too difficult for him to climb into the attic himself and he needs that picture for the story, should it be worth writing.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:48 pm
by zielonobrody
OOC,perfect. Will has a camera downstairs, Dan manages to find it. There's room for one more in the attic.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 am
by Seon
"You want me to do WHAT?!" Mike said as he rushed into the room. He caught sight of the rat.

"You are kidding me," he said.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:18 am
by andyw666
Calum:

"At least run a medical eye over it. Something strange happened to it, I think. I'll get out of the way so that whoever is coming up with the camera can take a photograph too."

Calum once again eases the hammer back on his big revolver and stows it in his jacket, then hands his flashlight to Mike and clambers down out of the attic, to make room.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:26 am
by royya
Have you searched the rest of the house?
Andrew say as he scans the another part of the attic

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 am
by ImpInTraining
Dan found the camera, checked for film, and made sure it was ready to use before heading back upstairs to take the picture. To Will, Dan said, "Sure ... fine. Wouldn't know what to do with it to make money anyway."

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum clambers back down from the attic.

"Well, I'm still keen to get out of this house as fast as we can. I'm off to stow our equipment in the cars. And no thank you Andrew, I have spent enough time searching this house."

With that, Calum heads back downstairs and resumes the process of getting said equipment from said house to said vehicles (via the front garden).

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:28 pm
by Seon
Spoiler:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3297309/

Medicine Skill = 60. Roll = 65. Fail!
Mike waved his hand around the dead mice. "I think the cause of death is exsanguination by crushing," he said.

"Hell if I know what did it in."

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:24 pm
by zielonobrody
Mike,Yeah, basically it looks like someone squished all the fluids out of the rat. Probably every bone is broken and the carcass is sort of dry.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:24 am
by andyw666
OOC,Like a flower press for rats maybe? For all those flattened rat collectors out there.

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan started taking pictures of the blood pool on the ceiling and called up to the attic, "Any of you care to take a picture of what you found up there?" He also snapped a few pictures of the infamous bedroom and the window where he took a spill, as well as the self-animated bed.

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:35 pm
by royya
Andrew climbs down, offering assistance to anyone in need

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:52 pm
by zerostate
Will calls up, "What's up there guys?"

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:35 pm
by Seon
"A dead rat that other people apparently want me to dissect!" Mike called down.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:30 pm
by ImpInTraining
"There's no way one dead rat caused all of this blood," Dan shouted back as he snapped another picture. "Do you want to take a picture of it? I'll pass up the camera. We need to tie a bow on it and get to that church."

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:59 am
by zielonobrody
Roll for Listen please.
Will,You asked to be NPC'd so here's a roll for you: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3323710/ Click Listen Fail below.
Listen Fail,Suddenly everyone is very quiet, as if lost in thought.
Listen Pass,Suddenly everyone is very quiet, as if lost in thought. The silence is broken by a scraping sound from the bedroom like something heavy being pulled across the floor. It's rather short, it might have not been there at all if it weren't for the surrounding silence.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan turned his head to look at the bedroom doorway as he heard a scraping noise from within. "Uh... guys... you hear that? Something's in the bedroom."
ooc,Was this the same bedroom where the bed came to life or a different bedroom?

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:14 am
by andyw666
Calum:

"Ah, nuts!" Calum grumbles to himself as he stands just inside the front door. "We are never going to get out of this house."

Calum yells out: "I heard something in the bedroom too! I'm coming up!"

Yet again, Calum pulls out his large, manly weapon, and clutching it in his right hand, races up the stairs and into the bedroom.
Calum Listens,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3329182/ Unexpected success with a roll of 24% and a Listen skill of 25%

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:17 am
by royya
Andrew, already down from the attic nods to Dan
I will go and check
He goes to bedroom to investigate the source of the noise

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Just..." Dan starts to say as he grabs Andrew's arm, "... watch out for the furniture. You know?" He stays close and to the side in case the guys up front need to double back in a hurry they won't get tripped up on him and his cruches.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:59 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum dashes up the stairs like an over-excited mole in prescription glasses, a fedora and bow-tie. "I am definitely starting to dislike this house." Clutching his Webley revolver, he slams open the bedroom door and bursts in.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:20 pm
by zielonobrody
OOC,yes, that's the creepy bedroom alright.
As everyone peers inside, horrible things attacking their imagination come to nothing. The room looks no different than a few minutes ago. MAYBE the bed is off by an inch. Hopefully it was just the wind...

Idea roll please.
Under Idea value,You'd have heard the wind.
Idea and over,Must have been the wind, yes. This place gives you the creeps.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:14 pm
by royya
Someone is playing tricks on us in the house. You have checked the attic, the second story and the first story. Anyone checked the basement?
Andrew suggests

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:12 am
by andyw666
Calum:

"That was not the wind. Something in this house is toying with us. We need to leave."
Idea Roll,Wow, Calum continues his uxexpected success with a roll of 8% and an Idea of 70%. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3337421/

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
Idea - Failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3337775/]Idea (75%) (1d100=89)[/url]
Dan Marrison

Dan says, "Yeah, just the wind... but this is exactly why we're here. These are the noises and events that have been scaring all the past tenants. So let's see if this church is in any way tied to the events here. The house isn't going anywhere."

He started hobbling down the steps on his crutches.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:24 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum will scuttle out of the house, make sure all of the equipment is stowed away in the cars, and sit tight in one of the cars waiting for the others, so that they can head off to the chapel.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:29 am
by Seon
Mark quickly followed the rest of the people out of the house.

No need to waste any more time here... If he waited any longer, they might ask him to bring the mouse as well.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:40 pm
by royya
Andrew will mount his Bagel cart and direct it after everyone back to the ruined church