Scene 15: Off exploring

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Scene 15: Off exploring

Post by zielonobrody »

Wednesday, March 15, 1922
2:00PM
Providence, Rhode Island

As Karl delicately gathers up the book and packs it into the trunk of his car and rolls away, the rest of the party reluctantly head on down to the house on Narrow Lane. It seems nothing has changed since the last time they were there leaving in a hurry. Shattered bloody glass still lays on the lawn behind the house. The doors are unlocked as they left them in their haste. Fortunately Andrews cart is still there.
Roll Listen,Please :)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: Scene 15: Off exploring

Post by royya »

Andrew

Listen (1d100=36)

"My cart thanks god."
Andrew calls like a mother that found her lost child in a crowded parade. He haste to his cart, smelling the bagels to check their freshness. If they do, he will hand one to each of his friends.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum rather timidly goes up and opens the front door.
OOC,Calum hears nothing! Roll of 97% http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3219688/
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC,Nobody hears anything so far.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison
Listen - Failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3229972/]Listen (33%) (1d100=71)[/url]
Dan hobbles into the house with the help of his crutches. Already he was starting to hate the way they made his under-arms feel - all crouded and sweaty. He looked around the house and his eyes locked on the stairs. "I want to go upstairs to that room..." he looked at the others and said, "I'd appreciate it if someone came with me ... besides Calum. It will only take a few seconds." He looked at Calum and said, "It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that you've already proved yourself ineffective and practically useless."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Trying to end the stupid debate Andrew say quickly
I'll go with you
Andrew wasn’t there when Dan fell from the window so he is not worried with the rubbish they say about ghosts.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum groans quietly to himself. It was so much nicer when Marrison was still in hospital.

Deciding not to bother arguing with the crazed cripple, Calum ignores him and sets about quickly getting the team's equipment out of the house and into the front garden, before transferring from there to vehicular transport.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Thanks Andrew," Dan says as he slowly hopped up the stairs to the room where he had his 'accident'. He looked about for clues that he might have missed before making sure to stay well away of the windows. He checked the bed to see if it was on wheels and if there was anything tied to it, like a rope on a pulley mechanism that might have animated it.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Andrew peaks around Dan’s shoulder and along the corridor.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan&Andrew,The room is bare except for the bed standing directly by the window, which seems to have been broken outwards, and an empty cabinet by the wall. Dan feels a shiver down his spine as he enters the room. There isn't anything attached to the bed after further inspection.
Andrew,As Dan inspects the room, Andrew enters behind him. There is some blood on the broken window. Something wet hits Andrew's forehead and drips down the side of his face. Automatically Andrews hand snaps to his cheek to check what it is. He looks at his fingers, they are red. The liquid is thick. Looks like ketchup. He looks up, where he finds there is a pool of red on the ceiling. Another drop falls and hits his forehead.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mother Mary!!
Cries Andrew out aloud, loud enough for the companions down stairs to hear him.
DAN ,LOOK!
He backs to the door, trying to wipe the blood frantically from his face with his sleeve.
Someone must have been slaughtered in the attic.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan was startled by Andrew's shout and immediately turned his attention to the man, looking where he was pointing. He did try to keep one eye on the bed though.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum has been diligently grabbing kit and moving it into the front garden. Spying one of the sheathed hunting knives bought as part of the provisions, Calum grabs it and sticks it in his free jacket pocket. You never know when you might want to do some whittling.

I wonder how that clod is doing upstairs?
zerostate
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by zerostate »

Will, on hearing the shout from inside, rushes into the house as best he can with his injuries, calling out, "Is everyone okay?"
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum jumps slightly at Will's shouting, clearly nervous around this house. Recovering himself, he says to Will: "Good grief, don't tell me they've already got into trouble upstairs! I was hoping to be in and out of here quickly just to avoid this."

Entering the front door, Calum pulls his Webley Fosbery 45 revolver out of his jacket, carefully cocks the hammer, then holds it pointed upwards.

"I cannot describe how little I want to go back upstairs in this house." With a sigh, Calum starts heading for the stairs up. "Chaps, is everything alright up there?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,waiting to see if I spot the blood on the ceiling as well before I respond to anything.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Up here!
Andrew calls to the folks downstairs.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Meanwhile....

Karl is driving.

(friendly bump)
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
zerostate
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by zerostate »

Will struggles up the stairs as quickly as he can in response to Andrew's call.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan,Turning around from the window Dan sees Andrew with blood dripping down his face, slightly smeared on his cheek. He's pointing upwards to a pool of blood dripping slowly from the ceiling.
Will,You run up the stairs.
Calum,As Will sprints upwards the staircase you slowly make yourself mount the steps, beads of perspiration starting to form on your forehead.
Andrew,Nothing new for you. just a diversion, sorry.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”