Scene 14: Rendesvous

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Scene 14: Rendesvous

Post by zielonobrody »

Wednesday, March 15, 1922
12:00PM
Providence, Rhode Island

Karl and Andrew make their way back to the hospital to pick up Dan. Still feeling slightly sleepy and distraught from the night's events they walk up to the steps of the hospital.

Dan is making his way down the steps at the same moment trying to forget the horrible dream he had and push away the vision of Dan being ripped open and Andrew falling to his death. He makes his way slowly, his leg in a cast and crutches in hand. Should have asked for a wheelchair maybe.

As the three meet at the middle of the stairs, the second group emerges from the hospital. They're mostly banged up, Calum limping over a cane, his left foot in wraps, Will's head in bandages his pafe in bruises and cuts and walking rather slowly and very cautiously, Mike trying to help both of them along looking uneasy at not being able to help too much, he clutches a peculiar bundle under his bad arm.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Andrew

Post by royya »

Hey!
Andrew waves to Calum, Will and Mike. Hoping humor will help him forget the dread nightmare and the horrific manuscripts of the late Coribtt he read yesterday he say with sarcasm
What happened, you jumped from a plane or what?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Scene 14: Rendesvous

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan looked sharply towards Andrew at his off-the-cuff statement. "Uh... heh... " he laughed nervously, "yeah, let's not talk about airplanes, please. Nor parachutes, nor big floating helium-filled creatures with insatiable apatite..."

He hobbled his way over to the others and looked them over, "So ... I take it you found something yesterday."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl looked at the motley crew assembled on the front of the hospital steps. "Guys, we look like crap. All this for investigating a house? Maybe we are in over our heads?" He lowers his head after stating the obvious, but he can't help but peek at the bundle under Mike's arm.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
zerostate
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by zerostate »

Will

"We... Well, Callum and I, fell through a rotten floor in an old ruined chapel," Will explains wincing at the pain from his ribs. "Mike made a find though," he adds pointing to the bundle Mike is carrying.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"The answer to all our troubles, I hope?" Dan asked shifting weight from one crutch to the other.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl shakes his head looking at the group that looked like we had just been in a combat zone. "Ok, where do you want to go to look at this answer? We could hit the cafe, I could go for a bite?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"Yes... yes... oh hell yes..." Dan says hobbling away from the hospital. "I have had hospital food for 2 days now and I am very eager to have something with a little more substance - and flavor." He looked left and right down the road, "Where's the nearest cafe?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Not wanting to drain the optimism of what the others found in the bundle Mike carrries.
"We found some disturbing notes in the journals of the late man."
Andrew says as he offers his shoulder to anyone who need help.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Most of the party are huffing and puffing by the time they find the nearest bistro which was only one block away.

Mike
I haven't had time to open it yet. He clutches the book as if it were his last posession on a lonely island.

The waitress finds ou a comfortable place to sit looking at you with a mix of pity and sorrow, but she doesn't ask any questions.

Carefully Mike opens the vast tome, still a piece of rusted chain dangling from the binding. The letters are blurred or dulled from age and the pages are barely holding on. Mike carefully turns a few to get a feel for the book and search for anything readable. There's nothing sensible in here. At least the parts that are readable anyway. COGITO SUPERIORIS, that's like thinking or reflecting on a higher power. CONTEMPLARI, that's to contemplate. It looks like an old religious book to me, and it'll prabably fall to pieces if I try looking through it any more. We should take this to the library for them to decipher, or the museum. Calum?

Meanwhile the food arrives and everyone seems to be more interested in regenerating than the unreadable book.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

What language is it?
Andrew asks and he tries to peek and see if there are pictures in the book.
Sounds like something from medieval Europe
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan listens on with interest, but his focus is clearly on his food. He's ordered the biggest meal he could get his hands on and is working at it like a soldier in Basic Training with only 10 minutes to eat his mess.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl is also very interested in his food. Between bites, "I don't think I recall anything like this in any of my magazine articles."
ooc,can we make an occult role to know anything about this?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Andrew

"Guys, I know you are not 100% in a shape, but my bagel cart is still over there and I'm not planning to go back alone in there. I need help...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"I'll help... but with my broken leg, it'll be slow going for me, I'm sure," Dan manages after swallowing. "Besides, all that bed rest made me feel quite useless and restless. Even started messing with my dreams... big floating monsters attacking airplanes and whatnots. Really wasn't restful at all."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Lets not talk about dreams. I think you can still be helpful though. We need to set up a command center in the house. You can man that and research this book. I think we need to head back to the house. That guy Corbitt was a real nut-case. Heavy into the occult and magic. That diary he had was on the far side of whacked out." Karl said then finished up his breakfast. He then finished with, "You know the university might give us some more insights into that book. It's not a terribly far drive."
ooc,I'm assuming the Miskatonic University is close by. To be honest I'm not sure where we are at, I assumed somewhere up by Boston.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum has been listening in and puffing on his pipe, a little battered looking. Occassionally he glares at Dan, looking very annoyed with him.

"Gentlemen, before we get too lost in more research, I strongly urge that a goodly group of us go back to that basement of the chapel that we found. I'm concerned that now it's been broken open, animals or other people could get in there and destroy or steal potentially valuable finds, wait - I mean clues."

Calum lowers his voice to a whisper. "Apart from anything, we found some old bodies and we're not in Egypt now. We should explore quickly and then notify the authorities, who I'm sure don't won't skeletons lying about Providence."
OOC,Oh Keeper, by any chance did we get a few HP back from being first aid-ed at the hospital?
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Andrew:

I'm willing to investigate the chapel, but not alone.
Andrew volunteers
While you go and find out what that book is all about at the University.
He then adds quickly an explanation to his odd desires.
Now I know I sound quite absurd but right now I prefer to sniff out a basement with skeletons than reading another book that will contain scripts that might cause me to lose my senses. I had enough with the journals of the late man.
Last edited by royya on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl:

"I could make the drive up to Miskatonic University today and show this volume to a professor I know there. He might have some insight into this. Meanwhile the rest of you could investigate the basement today and we could tackle the house tomorrow."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan looked back at Calum and asked, "What the hell is your problem, buster? I might have a bum leg, but I can still pop you square in the nose."

He looked to the others and excused himself by saying, "He's over there giving me the evil eye."
Fellow dreamers,I don't know of you guys put this together yet, but no one has informed Dan that they had the same dream. So Dan is going on thinking he was the only one who had that messed up airplane dream until someone points out the peculiarity of having identical dreams. I've been dropping opportunities for someone to make mention of it... but no one is biting.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”