Scene 14: Rendesvous

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Scene 14: Rendesvous

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

"Save your thuggish threats for the cheap seats Marrison, I don't scare. And I haven't forgotten that you accused me of pushing you out the window in that house."

Turning to the others, Calum goes on in a calmer voice. "I would suggest that those of us who plan on going back to the chappel first head over to the house. We gather up the equipment left there as quickly as we can, then head straight off to the chappel."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"Grow a thicker skin," Dan responded to Calum. "Like you actually expect a rational man to believe a bed animated itself to boot me out of the second floor." He shrugged, "Maybe it did happen that way... but it's not the first thing anyone would believe. So get over it."

To Karl, Dan said, "I can man a base of operations and research that book ... if that's what you want with me, provided the book is in English. But I think even with my busted up leg, The group would be better off with me and my particular skill set down in the chapel."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl

"Both of you need to calm down and act like adults here. We have a lot of work still ahead of us. I agree with Calum, to gather up what tools you think you might need and go back to the basement to check it out before it rains or is looted. I still think the best bet on this old book is to take it to an expert, so if there aren't any objections, I have a professor back at the university that might can tell us more. I can run it up there today and be back by tonight. That is if you 2 think you can not kill each other in the meantime."
ooc Imp,Karl did pick up on what you were saying and that you probably don't know the others had the same/similar dreams, but Karl has decided the least said about the dream the better, so is avoiding the topic completely. It really spooked him.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"If he stops giving me the stink-eye... no problem," Dan responded to Karl. "You'd think he was the one who took the swan dive from the second floor window, as much as he's getting on about it." Looking back at Calum, he said "For argument's sake, we'll say the bed was to blame. But you still could have given me fair warning or pushed me out of harm's way. Instead, you just stood there at the door - presumably with your thumb in your mouth. So if anyone should be upset, it's still me."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC: So where to Team? All heading to the Chapel except Karl who's going to the MU? Or is that idea bust? All Yae please rise ;)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan's interested in going to the Chapel ... "Seriously guys... is it possible for me to gimp down into the Chapel or not? Maybe we could set up some ropes and a pulley?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl wraps the book up carefully, "Ok if there are no protests, I'll take this to MU and have a professor I know there take a closer look at it. I'm sure he'll want to hold onto it for a while. But that might be better considering the condition it's in. Meanwhile the rest of you head to the basement and check it out. I'd recommend a ladder from what you've described. I'm going to hit the road, I should be back by tonight. Good luck."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
zerostate
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by zerostate »

"Good luck," Will says to Karl. "I guess I have a date with that chapel," he adds to the company at large.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"A ladder," chuckled Dan. "That should be interesting with a leg in a cast."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum is all but grinding his teeth. "Listen Marrison, I don't start fights but nor do I walk away from them. Firstly, I did shout a warning loud enough that people in the next county should have heard it, and I believe the others in the house that night will agree with me on that. Unfortunately, any warning was wasted as the bed moved too fast."

"Secondly, my role in this team is to provide archeological expertise, not to keep your body and soul in the same place. My understanding was you were meant to be protecting us, not the other way round. Not that it would have mattered, as there was no way I could have stopped that bed even if I had been standing right next too it, rather than halfway out the door."

"In any event,"
Calum attempts to speak more calmly, "those heading for the chapel, let us adjourn to that house, get our equipment and head off without spending one minute longer in there than necessary. I do not say that the place is haunted, but I do say it is dangerous."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald rolled his eyes, then stood up, grabbing his cruches, "Look Calum, I said if anyone should be upset, it was me. I didn't say I was still upset. Quit getting your panties in a bunch just because you weren't man enough to do something about it." He started hobbling towards the door. "And just FYI - I never signed on to be anyone's personal bodyguard. So get that thought out of your mind, especially you, Calum."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by zielonobrody »

"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”