Page 1 of 1

Scene 13c: Notes

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:12 am
by zielonobrody
Tuesday, March 14, 1922
15:00PM
Providence, Rhode Island

Andrew and Karl drive over to the hospital in order to conduct some research on the Corbitt notes. Dan is still in his room, but the nurses seem to giggle a bit too much when the visitors mention his name.
Upon inspection of the notebook, it seems to consist of three parts which are easily disassembled. This could drastically decrease reading time.
The party makes themselves comfortable and dives into the mostly hard to understand language of Mr. Corbitt. Some words are out of use, and some terms arcane but you manage to push through them.
Time flies quickly and the nurse comes in at 1700 hours to get rid of the visitors. Meanwhile there's still a lot of notes to be read, and nothing significant has yet popped up...

Re: Scene 13c: Notes

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison
Dan grimaced through most of the work, hating the fact that he was still bed-ridden. "When did they start talking English anyway? Most of this stuff doesn't make any sense to me," it was a lie. He could wrestle with the words long enough to get the notion of what was being said. But it was still frustrating. "We should be out looking for that Chapel with the others," Dan said, not improving his mood any.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:06 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl Werner
Karl did his best to get through the journal. Studying never was his strong suit. He took a break and went to check on Pearl during the day.
"While your reading look for any entries around June of 1852. I can't imagine the man would be getting sued and not put something about it in his journal. Also look for anything mentioning Reverend Thomas or the Chapel of Contemplation. The man was important enough to be the executor of his will, surely he would be mentioned." But as the hours waned on, Karl found nothing of any importance in the journal.
When the Nurse walked in to shoo them out, "Of course my dear. But surely a broken leg requires no more rest than you or I need? Would it be possible for us to stay just a little longer if we promise to hold it down?
OOC,Trying to use Fast Talk and Persuasion on the nurse

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:05 pm
by zielonobrody
ooc: since Dan seems to have the nurses wrapped around his fingers (with all the butt-pinching, flirting etc.) I'd rather let him roll. Persuasion please. We're using invisible castle now. PS. I'll change this to the ooc color tomorrow. Writing from my mobile from bed;)

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:47 pm
by ImpInTraining
Ut-oh,Shoulda let Karl roll it. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3110331/]Fast Talk (50%) (1d100=67)[/url]
"Come on, Toots," Dan said in a frustrated tone. "I know ya want to be alone with me... but these guys are here for some real work. Why don't ya let them stay?"

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:54 am
by royya
Andrew kept silence as he read one of the chapters of the diary Karl gave him. From time to time he nodded to himself, sighed and hummed.
When the nurse came to shoo them off he grunted and rubbed his neck but no more.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl Werner

"Seriously Dan, sometimes I think you were raised out West. You don't call a lady of such a profession and style names. You must treat her with respect and place her on a pedestal to be worshiped. Please excuse my friends rudeness."
Karl slides over to put himself between Dan and the nurse with a grace that seems out of place with a man of Karl's size.

Karls quick tongue is making a small impression at least.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:47 pm
by zielonobrody
Mr. Marrison, you are on a short path to staying here another day if you don't start behaving. You're having all my nurses in a giggly unprofessional mood and it's impeding their work. BUT I suppose I can lock you boys in here if that's your wish. Your visitors will have to be out of here before the morning rounds though, so I'll come and let you out when it's time. That is of course if Mr. Marrison will buy me dinner tomorrow at 8PM. I wouldn't mind dinner with you sweetie either if you promise to worship me later. She gives them both a wink and retreats from the room without waiting for a reply, thus sealing the deal. You hear the lock click into place. You find yourself thinking that she surely is a woman of character, remembering her long, strong legs. Maybe not an image of beauty, unless you happen to find a rifle beautiful, but definitely very interesting.
OOC,more tomorrow :)

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 am
by zielonobrody
As you start to grasp the language more easily, the sense of the notebooks start making a greater impression. Corbitt clearly describes occult rituals and their effects while not necessarily how they are performed. You read the more interesting if horrid parts out loud but not very loud at all as not to invoke something from the shadows (or wake the other patients you try to reassure yourself). He describes his contacts with other world creatureswhich gives you goosebumps all over and has you looking over your shoulder at any sound from the other rooms and from outside the window.

A particularly long fragment catches Karl's eye. Corbitt seems to be describing a complete rite of summoning, step by complicated step, involving various arcane ingredients, carefull drawings on the floor as well as some things you would rather not have read. It seems very complicated and will definitely take a long time to learn and is inconclusive as to who or what it's supposed to summon.

Then night drags on and you begin to notice the gray of dawn creep into the room. The notes are all but finished as are all of you. You feel completely exhausted both physically and mentally. Dan feels like another day at the hospital wouldn't really sound all that bad. You hear the nurse's footsteps coming to let the other two out. She looks surprised to see the exhastion on your pale faces, but decides not to comment. Out you go boys, before anyone finds you here.

The tension doesn't seem to get any better as Karl and Andrew leave Dan who seems to have fallen asleep to the sound of the lock opening. The morning breeze does nothing to clear your heads and you don't really feel like talking. All the people you meet seem suspicious, they somehow seem to be watching you. Best get away from them, get off the streets as soon as possible. Karl doesn't feel fit to drive.
ROLL,1d4 sanity loss, +4 Cthulhu Mythos.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm
by royya
Andrew
[Spoiler-Button]San lose (1d4=2)[/Spoiler-Button]
Andrew is troubled, his mind race for answers to questions that rose during the reading. The man who lived in the abandoned house, Corbitt, is clearly insane. The rituals he wrote about and believed in are nothing but the wild creations of a man that was in a great need of medical and psychiatric care. But still, the fanatic and horrific descriptions and notions of the man left something Andrew will never forget and now, Andrew wished he never stumbled upon the whole thing, but there was something else … curiosity.

What do you say about it?
Andrew asks Karl
You clearly not going to believe any word of what is written in the maniac's journal ... are you?

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:15 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan was forced to weigh the likelihood of the reality of these situations described in the journals and it fought against all he held to be true and dear in life. The notion of something from outside of their realm coming in and reeking havoc was absolute absurdity, wasn't it? He wasn't so sure anymore. Luckily, he gave in to sleep rather than ponder it over any longer. But his sleep was plagued with dreams that confronted these issues head on and in graphic bloody color. It was anything but a peaceful sleep.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3113739/]San Loss (1d4=3)[/url]

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:14 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl Werner

Karl was quieter than normal. He heard Andrew talking, but the words just floated out there. Each word was made of letters, but the words didn't exactly form into sentences. Karl prided himself on his knowledge of the Occult, hell he ran his own magazine, but deep down he knew most of the stories they printed were made up and fakes. But Corbitt's journal was different. It opened up a small part of something that is supposed to remain shuttered. It gave him cold chills and the hairs on his arms were standing at full attention. Somehow he knew that the summoning ritual mentioned in the journal would work. But what horror would come of it...

Karl closed his eyes and shook his head. He heard a small jingling and looked down to see his keys in his hand, not really sure how they got there. It took him a minute to even realize they were at his car.

What? Oh of course not. I've rejected better stuff than that from The Seer. Trying not to let Andrew know how shaken up he really was. How much this new world bothered him.
Listen, lets catch a cab, I'm pretty tired after staying up all night. And hungry to boot. If Corbitt really was as twisted as his journal, no telling what is going on in that house.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3113922/]San Loss 1d4 (1d4=2)[/url]

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:57 am
by royya
Andrew

Andrew hands over the journal to Karl. 'Better let the man to keep it' he thinks to himself.
He then nods to Karl and raise his hand to signal a cab to stop.
Damn, my bagle cart ...
Andrew curse quietly and turns to Karl
I left it in the house

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:12 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl

So you want to head back to the Corbitt house? A bit of a shiver running up his spine. But looking up at the rising sun gives Karl a bit more nerve.
Well I did want to get some pictures of that room where Dan fell out the window. Perhaps searching the room will enlighten us on what really happened.
Karl grabs his camera gear out of his trunk. Andrew, hail us a cab would you old chap. Lets get back on the case, and I'll have a bagel. Lets not take too long searching, i'm sure both of us can use some sleep.

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:22 pm
by royya
Refreshness is what I need ... I'm not going in there fatigued.
Andrew replies
My bagel cart can wait and we can wait for the others as well.
ooc,I guess we should wait for the others as well. we are 1 day ahead of them on game time

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:52 pm
by zielonobrody
OOC,You should definitely go to sleep, I'll try to keep you occupied :)

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:23 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl

Of course your right, I'm so tired I'm not thinking right Andrew.
Karl locks his photo gear back in his trunk and hops in the cab. Andrew, you can sleep at my house in the guest room if you want. I'm figuring just a couple hours and we can catch up to the others.
OOC,Karl is just heading to his place to sleep unless you have something else for us until everyone else gets caught up.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 am
by zielonobrody
OOC,Sleep is a very good idea :>

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:29 pm
by royya
Andrew

Andrew nods in agreement to Karl hospitality. The man is very troubled and with a great urge to not having being alone right now, especially after reading the horrific content descriptions of the journal. He moves with unease in the cab, claustrophobic somewhat, waiting to drop off at Karl’s as quickly as possible.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 am
by zielonobrody
Dan, Andrew and Karl find themselves together in a strange place. It seems like a small room consisting of four armchairs, and a small bed. Windows line the two longer walls, and as you look outside you see broad wooden wings with engines mounted on them. Beyond there are only clouds.
Inside,[img]http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Commercial_Aviation/1920s/Tran1G4.jpg[/img]
Only now do you notice the heavy drone of the engines. It also feels like you've been in your seats for quite some time, your legs feel a bit stiff, you must have dozed off from the monotonous sound of the engines. Yes, yes, we're flying to Florida. you remember suddenly. You hear the chatter of the two pilots behind the opening in the wall towards the front of the plane. They seem to be doing just fine. The sky is blue and clear apart from the clouds below. You settle down once again after stretching your legs for a minute.

The sound of shattering glass from the pilot's cabin brings you to attention, the sudden decompression hurting your ears as icy air fills the cocpit. The pilot shrieks and his shriek suddenly turns into a gurgle. A hideous creature is sliding through the broken window. It's red and covered in the pilot's blood, an immensity of pulsing, moving jelly; a scarlet blob with myriad tentacular trunks that waved and waved. There are suckers on the tips of the appendages, which are opening and closing with a ghoulish lust as it feeds on the Pilot as the Co-pilot stares horrorstruck... The thing is bloated and obscene pushing it's way through the window, blocking all view; a headless, faceless, eyeless bulk with the ravenous maw and titanic talons of a nightmarish monster. The plane begins to tremble and jump as one of the tentacles starts pushing haphazardly on the control stick.

The Pilot is gone into the hideous maw in a matter of seconds and the Co-pilot is pulled from his chair screaming and writhing and out onto the wing of the plane, where the thing starts munching on him. It sit's there, happily picking holes in the wing and drinking the poor co-pilot's blood. Controls smashed and broken, the plane starts to enter a dive. The whistle of the icy wind wakes you into action...
Roll,...or possibly doesn't, which we will see in a minute. Roll for Sanity and 1d10 while you're at it.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 pm
by BenTheRat
Sanity Roll (43) (1d100=14)

Karl keeps his cool quickly looking around to assess the situation of his fellow passengers and does a quick head count. We've got to get off of the plane. Karl moves to the back of the plane and looks for any parachutes.

You asked for a 1d10 roll. (1d10=6)

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm
by royya
If it wasn't for his faith the salesman should have go mad completely.
San roll: 65% (1d100=[46], 1d10=[9])

Andrew stares with awe at the thing, telling his mind that it wasn't real. He slaps his face and turns to Karl, as much as opposite to the creature as possible as he do not want to catch another glimpse of the alien horror that just crept through into the cockpit and decided to dine on the pilot like a child dines a cookie.
His first instinct is to grab something, something hard that can bash something alien.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan watched the consuming of the pilot and copilot in wonder... not of the creature exactly, but how it could have possibly gotten to this altitude. He remains calm through it all, and unbuckled his seat belt, "I do believe you're right, Karl. This plane service is absolutely atrocious. There should be something near the doors I would think."
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3137371/]??? (1d10=5)[/url] - and passed the sanity check (see link above).

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:11 pm
by zielonobrody
ooc,it doesn't really matter if it's a dream or not. congrats on keeping your cool. you all lose 1 SAN.
The parachutes are easily found by the door, but they're in a bit of a jumble and none of you have ever used one before. The plane is dipping more and more with every passing second and the noise and wind is starting to become unbearable.
roll,Idea please.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Never lost sanity from a dream before, considering we could just wake up and rationalize it as some spicy food we had the day before acting up on us.
Dan Marrison

Dan looked at the pile of parachutes and started getting to work untangling them the best he could, but it wasn't getting him anywhere.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl kept looking back at the co-pilot still clutched in the grasp of the creature. How could this be happening? What the hell was going on.

Karl looked at the parachutes and all the sudden something comes to him.
Idea target 80 (1d100=57)

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm
by royya
Andrew

Backing to where Dan and Karl are, Andrew leaves the idea of bashing the thing with something hard that he was unable to find anyway. He grabs a parachute and tries to understand how to operate the thing ... luckily, he got it right away - wear it, jump and pull the string ... it was easy.

Idea roll 65%: (1d100=8)

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 am
by zielonobrody
ooc,assuming Dan had some help with his harness ;)
As the creature seems to be finishing up the Co-pilot and tearing off bits of wing in the meantime. It's time to jump. You brace yourselves for the fall, fortunately the creature has given you enough adrenaline that you don't even dare to think to back down. As you take the step into nothingness the wind practically helps pull you out of the aircraft and you see it fall away from you quickly. A small gust of wind sends you spinning, but after a few seconds you manage to stabilise your fall. The first few seconds you feel you're picking up speed, but after a moment it only feels as if you were floating. The air is freezing cold and speed of your fall makes the whistling air unbearable. The ground is still far away, but it's hard to judge when to open the parachute. Might as well be now, just to be safe.
Roll,Roll for Parachute ;)

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:30 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3138624/]Parachute (?%) (1d100=54)[/url]
Dan enjoyed the sensation, despite the cold ... it was quite a rush.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:13 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl helps Dan on with his, and slips his over his shoulders. Quickly checks the rip cord and gets in his head what to do. He makes the mistake of looking back and sees the co-pilots head disappear into the blubbery mass and tries to stop himself from throwing up. Karl tries to remember why they are on the plane to begin with, but seems just out of reach. All that is real is the plane plummeting and the mass or horror out on the wing.

Dan has already opened the rear door and jumped. Karl moves to the edge, swallows and looks down. Vertigo quickly sweeps over him for a second, then Karl regains his nerve. He glances over his shoulder one last time, then closes his eyes, Geronamo!! he yells, and jumps.

The air is cold, he remembers reading in one of his magazines to count to 3 before pulling. So not sure why, he counts. On 3 he says a small prayer. Karl isn't a real religious man but he figures it can't hurt. His pudgy hand grabs the cord and pulls...

Parachute (?%) (1d100=38)

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:12 pm
by royya
Andrew

Without hesitation Andrew follows his two companions and jumps.
Parachute roll (1d100=66)
Eyes closed he tries to grab the cord that opens the parachute.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:49 pm
by zielonobrody
you are suddenly tugged to an abrubt halt as the parachutes open one by one. It seems all is well and you are not going to fall to your death hitting the ground at terminal velocity of 120mph. You sigh with relief as your heart stops pounding.

In the distance you see the plane pummel into the ground. The sound is a distant *flump* as it crashes into smithereens. But where is that thing... You slowly fall innocently to the ground. Andrew seems to be the furthest from the ground.
Karl and Dan,As you look upwards at Andrew and his parachute, you suddenly see the canopy torn in half as the hideous creature tears through it. It gets a bit jumbled in the lines, but as soon as it gets untangled Andrews torn parachute folds and he accelerates to the ground. It seems you might be the next meal. Karl is closest and the creature starts to float towards him. Both Roll for SAN (0/1d3)
Andrew,Suddenly you feel a jolt on the lines. You look up to see a large tear in your parachute as the thing tries to scramble through it, its tentacles reaching for you but getting tangled in the lines. It tries to get free and succeeds. At the same moment your parachute folds in half and you freefall to the ground. Roll for SAN(0/1d6)

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:45 pm
by BenTheRat
Karl screams as the creature floats towards him.
Sanity roll 1d100 (1d100=58)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3147927/]Sanity Loss Roll 1d3 (1d3=2)[/url]
Karl looks for the nearest trees and wants to run towards them.
ooc,not sure what I can do since I failed my roll

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:41 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3148047/]Sanity(41) (1d100=54)[/url] / [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3148048/]Sanity Loss (1d3=1)[/url] - Nevermind that this is a dream sequence, and people have night terrors on a daily basis without losing their sanity (which I've already argued)... but this is the second time we viewed this monster in a matter of minutes. Why are we losing sanity again? Because we learned it has helium properties? Is that it? We've discovered that it's not a monster at all, just a hot-air balloon gone wild?
Dan does his best to distance himself from Karl - and aims his landing toward some place populated so if he does reach the ground, the creature will have other people to feast upon.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 am
by royya
SAN roll , SAN damage (1d100, 1d6=[87], [2])

Terrified Andrew screams like hell as he falls to his doom. Right now the approaching ground is more of a trouble then the floating horror above him. His hands stretched before him, he will try to soft his landing by stretching them forward, he will not need broken hands, he will need his feet if he wants to escape ... if he will survive.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:28 pm
by zielonobrody
OOC,let's keep our minds on staying alive shall we? The SAN roll was for watching Andrew fall to his death. Besides, don't argue with the Keeper ;)
As Karl and Dan scramble to keep away, they remember they have their weapons. Karl a measley pocket knife, and Dan his gun. With the ground far off, there's still time to try to take the creature out of the sky. Andrew disappears in the green below.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan will look to see if he has a clear shot without endangering Karl or his own parachute before firing.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:31 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,oh, thought we were on the ground already.

"Oh MY GOD!! There is no way Andrew survived that. You Son of a Bitch!"
Karl screams as he pulls his knife and swings at the creature. If it is full of helium or hydrogen, maybe I can pop it.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 am
by zielonobrody
Dan quickly evaluates that there's only a slight chance of hitting Karl. The thing is creeping ever nearer the brave lad swinging his pocket knife and screaming at it defiantly. The chances of hitting Karl are greater with every passing second.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:58 pm
by ImpInTraining
In attempt to save Karl, Dan pulls up his handgun, takes quick aim, and lets a round loose striking the mysterious helium-inflated monster.
ooc,Sorry, I can't seem to find my equipment - not on my character sheet... so I'm unsure of damage or how many rounds I can let loose.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 am
by zielonobrody
Dan hits the monster in one of its eyes. It roars in pain and accelerates towards Karl. Dan is thrown backwards in his parachute from the gunshot, he twists and turns and watches the lines get tangled. Slowly they unravel, but now he is a lot further away from Karl.

Karl begins to notice the murky acrid smell as the thing draws near. It extends it's tentacles towards him, the silent maws at their ends full of razor sharp teeth. One tentacle slithers around your waist to grab hold of you. You feel the other appendages start to sniff you as the creature examines its prey. "Slash slash" goes the pocket knife and the hungry mouths roar in unison as you slash the red yellylike creature. Your attacks don't seem to be doing much damage. Suddenly everything seems to slow down as your arms are caught by gelatinous tentacles and a large appendage draws nearer and nearer your belly. First the teeth rip away your coat, tearing through the parachute harness and you feel the teeth begin to slice your skin and begin to dig deeper and deeper...
Karl,PM me when you've read the above and we'll continue.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:42 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan was quite upset with the whole situation of things. His friends were being slain and there was nothing to do about it. What's worse... he would likely be next. Dangling in the air in a parachute would be like shooting fish in a barrel for that creature, and Dan knew it. He had to get to the ground, where he would have a fighting chance - or at least be able to find more people to help. He took aim at his parachute and shot a couple holes into it so that he would drop a bit faster.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:51 pm
by zielonobrody
OOC,NIIICE!
As Dan shoots his parachute full of holes, a roar from the creature makes him look back. The creature is untangling itself from Karl's parachute, the man is nowhere to be seen.
Dan races for the ground. It's mostly trees below.

Roll for luck please.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan does his best to steer towards an opening between trees... and has a bit of luck finding safe passage.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 am
by zielonobrody
Dan hits the ground hard and feels his leg twist at an odd angle with the impact. You sit up suddenly clutching your leg, only to find it in a cast and yourself in a hospital bed. The door of your room is open, you can hear the doctor making his rounds. You should be out of here in a bit. A bead of sweat drips off your nose and makes you shiver with the memory of the blood dripping monster.

Roll for SAN please.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Oh dear god, no!" he exclaims as he sees the hideously ugly doctor come in the room...
Sanity roll (although I have no idea why this time) - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181762/]Sanity(41) (1d100=91)[/url]

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 am
by zielonobrody
Last SAN roll to determine how much of an impact the dream had on you. The dream-lost SAN is hereby restored. you lose 1 instead from the horrible experience of watching your buddies and the pilots be eaten or otherwise horribly killed. Are you sattisfied with the explanation? :)

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 am
by zielonobrody

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:42 pm
by ImpInTraining
zielonobrody wrote:Last SAN roll to determine how much of an impact the dream had on you. The dream-lost SAN is hereby restored. you lose 1 instead from the horrible experience of watching your buddies and the pilots be eaten or otherwise horribly killed. Are you sattisfied with the explanation? :)
I will suffice,The fact that we lost any sanity from a dream already tips me off (OOCly) that this was no normal dream... meaning that either someone (or something) has cast a spell at us, or you're toying with the Dreamlands supplement - which would have been nice to know ahead of time so I wouldn't sound like such a whiny little putz. I would have assumed it was the product of reading the journal, but we already lost Sanity from that... so it had to be something else. I'm sure you realize how valuable a character resource Sanity is in these games... which is why I am highly defensive about losing it unjustifiably. These games never tend to reward enough sanity in return to keep any of the investigators from going stark-raving mad in the end. I prefer to prolong my suffering.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:39 pm
by zielonobrody
Dan,My logic is that your characters didn't actually know they were in a dream, and theoretically neither should you, so until the mystery is unraveled we were going by standard rules. If your character would have gone stark-raving mad in the game within a game I would have definitely gone to the Dreamlands supplement for help. As it was just an episode to keep the game going with the other party far behind and someone hinting at a dream game, I jumped on it remembering that I had read something of the sort somewhere. The scenario is called Fear of Falling if I recall correctly and was used as an interlude for some other game somewhere (it's first run was not a dream ;) ). The creature was supposedly a Star Vampire. Hope I didn't spoil too much fun for you. And don't argue with the Keeper ;) You know you hate "the guy" who knows all the rules and corrects you every time you slip :D As to if the dream is linked to the game, your characters will have to figure it out on their own. Carry on with the game and don't forget to have fun :)

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,It was an effective means to keep us going... like a soy-bean filler. Kudos for that. But I will always be protective of my character's Sanity. I've lost more investigators to madness than death. Honestly, losing all that sanity in what could only be presumed as a dream was only serving to make me not want to play the game. I figured if that's the way things were going to go, then my character's livelihood and usefulness in this game is way too short to even bother with. In hind sight, I realize what you were trying to do, and applaud you for it. But just so you know, I wasn't far from just abandoning the game. I've had a few GM's in the past who felt their sole position in life was to put an end to the player characters, and I don't care to be in those sorts of games.