Scene 13c: Notes

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Scene 13c: Notes

Post by zielonobrody »

Tuesday, March 14, 1922
15:00PM
Providence, Rhode Island

Andrew and Karl drive over to the hospital in order to conduct some research on the Corbitt notes. Dan is still in his room, but the nurses seem to giggle a bit too much when the visitors mention his name.
Upon inspection of the notebook, it seems to consist of three parts which are easily disassembled. This could drastically decrease reading time.
The party makes themselves comfortable and dives into the mostly hard to understand language of Mr. Corbitt. Some words are out of use, and some terms arcane but you manage to push through them.
Time flies quickly and the nurse comes in at 1700 hours to get rid of the visitors. Meanwhile there's still a lot of notes to be read, and nothing significant has yet popped up...
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Scene 13c: Notes

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison
Dan grimaced through most of the work, hating the fact that he was still bed-ridden. "When did they start talking English anyway? Most of this stuff doesn't make any sense to me," it was a lie. He could wrestle with the words long enough to get the notion of what was being said. But it was still frustrating. "We should be out looking for that Chapel with the others," Dan said, not improving his mood any.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl Werner
Karl did his best to get through the journal. Studying never was his strong suit. He took a break and went to check on Pearl during the day.
"While your reading look for any entries around June of 1852. I can't imagine the man would be getting sued and not put something about it in his journal. Also look for anything mentioning Reverend Thomas or the Chapel of Contemplation. The man was important enough to be the executor of his will, surely he would be mentioned." But as the hours waned on, Karl found nothing of any importance in the journal.
When the Nurse walked in to shoo them out, "Of course my dear. But surely a broken leg requires no more rest than you or I need? Would it be possible for us to stay just a little longer if we promise to hold it down?
OOC,Trying to use Fast Talk and Persuasion on the nurse
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

ooc: since Dan seems to have the nurses wrapped around his fingers (with all the butt-pinching, flirting etc.) I'd rather let him roll. Persuasion please. We're using invisible castle now. PS. I'll change this to the ooc color tomorrow. Writing from my mobile from bed;)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ut-oh,Shoulda let Karl roll it. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3110331/]Fast Talk (50%) (1d100=67)[/url]
"Come on, Toots," Dan said in a frustrated tone. "I know ya want to be alone with me... but these guys are here for some real work. Why don't ya let them stay?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Andrew kept silence as he read one of the chapters of the diary Karl gave him. From time to time he nodded to himself, sighed and hummed.
When the nurse came to shoo them off he grunted and rubbed his neck but no more.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl Werner

"Seriously Dan, sometimes I think you were raised out West. You don't call a lady of such a profession and style names. You must treat her with respect and place her on a pedestal to be worshiped. Please excuse my friends rudeness."
Karl slides over to put himself between Dan and the nurse with a grace that seems out of place with a man of Karl's size.

Karls quick tongue is making a small impression at least.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Mr. Marrison, you are on a short path to staying here another day if you don't start behaving. You're having all my nurses in a giggly unprofessional mood and it's impeding their work. BUT I suppose I can lock you boys in here if that's your wish. Your visitors will have to be out of here before the morning rounds though, so I'll come and let you out when it's time. That is of course if Mr. Marrison will buy me dinner tomorrow at 8PM. I wouldn't mind dinner with you sweetie either if you promise to worship me later. She gives them both a wink and retreats from the room without waiting for a reply, thus sealing the deal. You hear the lock click into place. You find yourself thinking that she surely is a woman of character, remembering her long, strong legs. Maybe not an image of beauty, unless you happen to find a rifle beautiful, but definitely very interesting.
OOC,more tomorrow :)
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

As you start to grasp the language more easily, the sense of the notebooks start making a greater impression. Corbitt clearly describes occult rituals and their effects while not necessarily how they are performed. You read the more interesting if horrid parts out loud but not very loud at all as not to invoke something from the shadows (or wake the other patients you try to reassure yourself). He describes his contacts with other world creatureswhich gives you goosebumps all over and has you looking over your shoulder at any sound from the other rooms and from outside the window.

A particularly long fragment catches Karl's eye. Corbitt seems to be describing a complete rite of summoning, step by complicated step, involving various arcane ingredients, carefull drawings on the floor as well as some things you would rather not have read. It seems very complicated and will definitely take a long time to learn and is inconclusive as to who or what it's supposed to summon.

Then night drags on and you begin to notice the gray of dawn creep into the room. The notes are all but finished as are all of you. You feel completely exhausted both physically and mentally. Dan feels like another day at the hospital wouldn't really sound all that bad. You hear the nurse's footsteps coming to let the other two out. She looks surprised to see the exhastion on your pale faces, but decides not to comment. Out you go boys, before anyone finds you here.

The tension doesn't seem to get any better as Karl and Andrew leave Dan who seems to have fallen asleep to the sound of the lock opening. The morning breeze does nothing to clear your heads and you don't really feel like talking. All the people you meet seem suspicious, they somehow seem to be watching you. Best get away from them, get off the streets as soon as possible. Karl doesn't feel fit to drive.
ROLL,1d4 sanity loss, +4 Cthulhu Mythos.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Andrew
[Spoiler-Button]San lose (1d4=2)[/Spoiler-Button]
Andrew is troubled, his mind race for answers to questions that rose during the reading. The man who lived in the abandoned house, Corbitt, is clearly insane. The rituals he wrote about and believed in are nothing but the wild creations of a man that was in a great need of medical and psychiatric care. But still, the fanatic and horrific descriptions and notions of the man left something Andrew will never forget and now, Andrew wished he never stumbled upon the whole thing, but there was something else … curiosity.

What do you say about it?
Andrew asks Karl
You clearly not going to believe any word of what is written in the maniac's journal ... are you?
Last edited by royya on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan was forced to weigh the likelihood of the reality of these situations described in the journals and it fought against all he held to be true and dear in life. The notion of something from outside of their realm coming in and reeking havoc was absolute absurdity, wasn't it? He wasn't so sure anymore. Luckily, he gave in to sleep rather than ponder it over any longer. But his sleep was plagued with dreams that confronted these issues head on and in graphic bloody color. It was anything but a peaceful sleep.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3113739/]San Loss (1d4=3)[/url]
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl Werner

Karl was quieter than normal. He heard Andrew talking, but the words just floated out there. Each word was made of letters, but the words didn't exactly form into sentences. Karl prided himself on his knowledge of the Occult, hell he ran his own magazine, but deep down he knew most of the stories they printed were made up and fakes. But Corbitt's journal was different. It opened up a small part of something that is supposed to remain shuttered. It gave him cold chills and the hairs on his arms were standing at full attention. Somehow he knew that the summoning ritual mentioned in the journal would work. But what horror would come of it...

Karl closed his eyes and shook his head. He heard a small jingling and looked down to see his keys in his hand, not really sure how they got there. It took him a minute to even realize they were at his car.

What? Oh of course not. I've rejected better stuff than that from The Seer. Trying not to let Andrew know how shaken up he really was. How much this new world bothered him.
Listen, lets catch a cab, I'm pretty tired after staying up all night. And hungry to boot. If Corbitt really was as twisted as his journal, no telling what is going on in that house.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3113922/]San Loss 1d4 (1d4=2)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Andrew

Andrew hands over the journal to Karl. 'Better let the man to keep it' he thinks to himself.
He then nods to Karl and raise his hand to signal a cab to stop.
Damn, my bagle cart ...
Andrew curse quietly and turns to Karl
I left it in the house
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl

So you want to head back to the Corbitt house? A bit of a shiver running up his spine. But looking up at the rising sun gives Karl a bit more nerve.
Well I did want to get some pictures of that room where Dan fell out the window. Perhaps searching the room will enlighten us on what really happened.
Karl grabs his camera gear out of his trunk. Andrew, hail us a cab would you old chap. Lets get back on the case, and I'll have a bagel. Lets not take too long searching, i'm sure both of us can use some sleep.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Refreshness is what I need ... I'm not going in there fatigued.
Andrew replies
My bagel cart can wait and we can wait for the others as well.
ooc,I guess we should wait for the others as well. we are 1 day ahead of them on game time
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC,You should definitely go to sleep, I'll try to keep you occupied :)
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Karl

Of course your right, I'm so tired I'm not thinking right Andrew.
Karl locks his photo gear back in his trunk and hops in the cab. Andrew, you can sleep at my house in the guest room if you want. I'm figuring just a couple hours and we can catch up to the others.
OOC,Karl is just heading to his place to sleep unless you have something else for us until everyone else gets caught up.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC,Sleep is a very good idea :>
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Andrew

Andrew nods in agreement to Karl hospitality. The man is very troubled and with a great urge to not having being alone right now, especially after reading the horrific content descriptions of the journal. He moves with unease in the cab, claustrophobic somewhat, waiting to drop off at Karl’s as quickly as possible.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan, Andrew and Karl find themselves together in a strange place. It seems like a small room consisting of four armchairs, and a small bed. Windows line the two longer walls, and as you look outside you see broad wooden wings with engines mounted on them. Beyond there are only clouds.
Inside,[img]http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Commercial_Aviation/1920s/Tran1G4.jpg[/img]
Only now do you notice the heavy drone of the engines. It also feels like you've been in your seats for quite some time, your legs feel a bit stiff, you must have dozed off from the monotonous sound of the engines. Yes, yes, we're flying to Florida. you remember suddenly. You hear the chatter of the two pilots behind the opening in the wall towards the front of the plane. They seem to be doing just fine. The sky is blue and clear apart from the clouds below. You settle down once again after stretching your legs for a minute.

The sound of shattering glass from the pilot's cabin brings you to attention, the sudden decompression hurting your ears as icy air fills the cocpit. The pilot shrieks and his shriek suddenly turns into a gurgle. A hideous creature is sliding through the broken window. It's red and covered in the pilot's blood, an immensity of pulsing, moving jelly; a scarlet blob with myriad tentacular trunks that waved and waved. There are suckers on the tips of the appendages, which are opening and closing with a ghoulish lust as it feeds on the Pilot as the Co-pilot stares horrorstruck... The thing is bloated and obscene pushing it's way through the window, blocking all view; a headless, faceless, eyeless bulk with the ravenous maw and titanic talons of a nightmarish monster. The plane begins to tremble and jump as one of the tentacles starts pushing haphazardly on the control stick.

The Pilot is gone into the hideous maw in a matter of seconds and the Co-pilot is pulled from his chair screaming and writhing and out onto the wing of the plane, where the thing starts munching on him. It sit's there, happily picking holes in the wing and drinking the poor co-pilot's blood. Controls smashed and broken, the plane starts to enter a dive. The whistle of the icy wind wakes you into action...
Roll,...or possibly doesn't, which we will see in a minute. Roll for Sanity and 1d10 while you're at it.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”