IC Scene 11 - Hall of Records

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

IC Scene 11 - Hall of Records

Post by zielonobrody »

Tuesday, March 14, 1922
10:00AM
Providence, Rhode Island

Calum arrives at the City Hall feeling a bit down as nobody really wants to listen to his ideas anymore. The building is white and grey, a three story building. The morning sun shines on the facade making it glow.

The Hall of Records is held in the basement. You enter the door of the records hall and find a slightly bored skinny greying man in large glasses sitting behind a desk by the door. The hall itself seems to take up the whole basement. It's a lot of files.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Re: IC Scene 11 - Hall of Records

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum is mystified and depressed by the unexpected lack of trust Dan had shown in him, and was fighting the urge to let it drain his natural enthusiasm. Next time I won't bother shouting a warning... Oddly enough, the German had actually shown more faith in him. Perhaps I better stop calling him names?

Shaking himself, he attempts to focus on the job in hand. Calum walks up to the man at the desk and politely raises his hat in greeting.

"Good morning to you, sir. My name is Calum Childs and I'm an archeologist working on some historical research in your beautiful city. I'm sure you, as an educated resident, find the city's history as fascinating as I do."

"I'm hoping to find any court records or documents relating to a court case back in 1852. I wonder if you could point me in the right direction?"
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

The man looks to the stack of files waiting to be archived that sits on his desk and decides they can wait.
Sure thing. Is it just one file you'd be interested in, or is there a name attached? Maybe there's some more files hidden away somewhere.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum quickly consults his notebook.

"Well, I'm interested in a court case in which someone named Walter Corbitt was being sued, back in June of 1852. Having said that, I'd be very interested in any records at all that you might have in relation to this guy Corbitt."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OK then. I'll have a look. He walks away towards the small drawers that stand nearby and starts looking through them. After a few minutes he returns.
We have some files from the 1852 case and there is another one from 1866 and the will execution files to be found under the same year. I can point you in the general direction, but you will have to look for them yourself as I have a lot of paperwork.
Calum,Library use rolls for each clue: 72/80/01 (40). In general you manage to find just the record of execution of the will after two hours of searching. The record stated that the executor of Walter Corbitt's will was Reverend Michael Thomas, pastor of the Chapel of Contemplation & Church of Our Lord Granter of Secrets. Idea 2(70) - There should probably be some information in here about that church. You ask the clerk and he directs you to the Register of Churches. You find that the Chapel of Contemplation was closed in 1912, and the Reverend was it's head over it's last years of existence. No clues as to why it was closed in these records though.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:
Research,Intrigued by this new reference, [b]Calum[/b] will attempt to find anything else in the Hall of Records about the Chapel of Contemplation & Church of Our Lord Granter of Secrets, and the Reverend Michael Thomas. [b]Calum[/b] is particularly interested in getting an address for this strange church.
Calum will keep searching until lunchtime then head off to the diner.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”