Page 1 of 1

IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm
by zielonobrody
Monday, March 13, 1922
8:30PM
Providence, Rhode Island

As you wander the house, there is a most unexpected knock on the door. Who could it be at this hour?

Re: IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:29 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan tilts his head as he hears the knock. He was going to inquire to Pearl what her impressions of the painting were but that would have to wait. Turning about, he takes a few steps to close to the door that he had just entered only a few minutes ago from his rounds outside. He opened it curiously and peered out. "Hello?" he inquired as the door came open.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Karl looks up from the fireplace where he has just ignited some crumpled newspapers under a few twigs and bits of wood. He's gratified that the fire-starting skills he learned traveling out West have stood him in good stead. Until, that is, the smoke begins curling back into the room, causing him to retreat, coughing heavily.

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:31 am
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

Andrew squints to see through the doorway. "Hello, I'm Mr.Greenwood. Are you the new owners of this house?"

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:48 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

"Hello Mr. Greenwood. I'm Dan Marrison," Dan says with a curt nod. He is slightly distracted by Karl's coughing and turns about to notice the smoke from the fireplace entering the room. "For goodness sakes, Karl. The flue... make sure it's open!"

Turning his attention once again to the visitor, Dan says "Owners? Oh no. Sorry. We're more like renters... short term stay. Is there something I can do for you?"

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:30 am
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

Andrew chuckles. "I guess short term is the only way he rents this old place. Forgive my late night intrusion. I was just curious, you see. I started to think nobody was going to move in here."

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 am
by andyw666
Calum:

From the sounds of pottering about, cabinets opening and shutting, and floorboards creaking, Calum is clearly still map-making (or something) upstairs.

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Coughing and wheezing, handkerchief over his mouth, Karl manages to open the flue. As the chimney starts to draw he retreats from the fireplace, flapping his handkerchief. He approaches the visitor.

"I'm Karl Werner. Are you a neighbor? How long have you resided here?"

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

"Yeah, come on in," Dan says backing up from the entranceway. "I'll put on some coffee, or tea if you'd rather. We can talk for a while. If you're local, you might be able to answer some questions for us."

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:25 pm
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

"I've been living here a few buildings down the road for about ten years now Mr. Werner, pleased to make your acquaintance," Andrew says as he steps into the house. He turns to Dan and replies, "Coffee will be fine, thank you. Exactly what would you like to know?"

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:58 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

As Dan heads into the kitchen and roots around in the packed store-bought belongings he'd stashed away in there earlier, he raises his voice so as to be heard by those still nearer the entranceway, "Well, for starters, how well did you know the people who lived here last? Mr. and Mrs. Macario?"

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:36 pm
by zielonobrody
Andrew,You don't remember the name of the last residents,but there wasn't anyone living here for some time before the last tenants so it must have been the Macarios. I believe I sent you the information you have in a PM. If the boys ask Andrew something that he should know, expect a PM. As you enter the living room, there is a well dressed young lady staring at a painting on the wall.
You enter the living room to find Pearl staring blankly at the weird painting on the wall. Her eyes are glazed and it seems she hasn't moved for some time.

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 pm
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

"Well it was a family of four. They had two boys. It's been quite a while..." Andrew looks around while rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "The had this odd look in their eyes, the parents did. Like they rarely slept. I always thought they just had a handful raising two children. That was until I heard tale that the parents were in an asylum.

Andrew joins Peal in looking at the painting.

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:50 am
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

"That's kind of why we're here," Dan confides as he tries the sink faucet for the first time. "The owner of the house wanted to see if we could find the pests that were troubling his last tenants."

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:48 am
by zielonobrody
Andrew,As you examine the painting you feel your stomach roll. You have an urge both to turn your eyes away and keep looking at the same time. But that only makes you want to hurl even more. You can't really say what the painting is showing as you avert your gaze.
Andrew looks to the painting. You see him go a bit pale and he looks away after a few seconds. His legs are a bit wobbly now. Pearl hasn't moved the whole time.

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan asks Andrew, "Have you heard anything strange around here? Animal noises perhaps?" He looks up from the coffee pot that he's just set on the stove to notice Andrew has lost a shade or two of tone to his skin, "Are you feeling alright?"

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:22 am
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

Andrew quickly looks away from the painting and back to Dan. "Oh, I'm fine. I've never heard any strange noises around here."

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:51 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Karl approaches Pearl, putting a hand on her shoulder and taking his flashlight from her hand.

"I'll take this back for now, Miss Wealstone. And do you have my..." he glances at the stranger, "My... medicine! Yes, I must have my medicine back, if you don't mind."

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:58 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Too bad," responded Dan to Andrew, almost seeming disappointed by the news. "The last residents were apparently afraid of something from the outside. All the windows had been nailed shut. The doors overly secured with extra deadbolts. We really should go take a look see down in the cellar. Care to come with while the coffee brews?"

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:29 am
by zielonobrody
As Karl put's a hand on Pearl's shoulder, she topples to the ground like an empty sack. You manage to catch her.

OOC: the door to the cellar was not nailed shut. the stairs are just in bad condition and the light doesn't work.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:22 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

"Pearl!" He struggles to support the young woman's inert form and keep his grip on the flashlight, "Marrison! She's fainted!"

He lowers her to the floor as gently as possible and begins patting her hand and chafing her wrist.

[OOC - is she pale? Eyes open or closed? Breathing normally? Did she drop my flask?]

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:29 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,I've corrected my post down there removing the nails from the cellar door. Did she drop my flask. LOL.
Dan Marrison

Dan looked over with wide eyes. He recalled the uneasy feeling he had from that same painting she had been staring at and ran right over to where Pearl lay on the floor, Karl's form leaning over her. He glanced at the painting and lifted it off the nail on the wall, setting it down to face the wall, away from the casual observer. Even though, he tried to maintain some sense of logic about it. "She should have ate more at lunch. Hunger probably got the better of her."

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 pm
by zielonobrody
Pearl holds on to the flask. You sit her down on the couch after removing some of the supplies from it. She sits there with her neck stiff and her hands clenched, the rest is limp, but she manages to stay sitting on the couch. Her eyes are open and stare blankly into the distance. She has uneven breathing. It seems as if she were dreaming. She is a bit pale but the color seems to be returning. She does not blink.
Andrew,You get a creepy feeling that this fainting lady has something to do with the painting. You feel like you need to sit down.
Dan,You should probably get something to moisturize her eyes if she keeps them open too long, they could dry out.

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:41 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum comes wandering down the stairs, still writing on his homemade house map. "Right, onto the cellar. Nothing upstairs but rattly windows, chaps."

He spies the recumbent Pearl. "Ah, has the loose-lipped lush had a bit too much of the Bosch's stash? I wondered whether he would start to look attractive to her before or after she passed out."

Calum finally notices the new guest. "Oops, ah, Calum Childs. I'm the sober one."

Calum heads for the cellar door. "Look, can you just dump her on a sofa and we'll get on with mapping the cellar?"

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 am
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

Andrew sits down in the nearest empty seat and rubs his eyes. "Could someone take that painting down?"

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:01 am
by ImpInTraining
Painting OOC,Already did.
Dan Marrison

Dan asks, "Anyone have some eyedrops? She seems to be in a state of shock." He looks Pearl in the eyes and then slaps her lightly on the cheek, "Pearl... snap out of it girl."

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 am
by zielonobrody
The eerie painting is safely away from eyesight.

There's no reaction to the tapping of the cheek. She moves not an inch. Her neck is stiff, as are still her hands, a flask in one. It's impossible to tear it from her grip.
Nobody has eyedrops. There should be an all night pharmacy somewhere nearby. Andrew might know where to find one.

Calum heads for the basement. He tries the light switch but it doesn't work.
OOC,Keep in mind that I do the rolls around here. Let me know if you want to try something and I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:59 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Karl takes a clean handkerchief and dampens it at the faucet. He returns to Pearl and lays her over on her side, tucking her knees and feet up onto the sofa. Then he ties the damp handkerchief around her head, adjusting the cloth to moisten her eyes.

"I trust that will soothe her eyes somewhat. Perhaps she will snap out of it in a while."

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum sighs testily at all the fuss over Pearl. "Look, I'm sure it's not the first time she's passed out on a sofa in company. Pearl's an 'actress' isn't she? Probably does her best work unconscious. Sling her in a corner and get back to exploring, I say. We should map the basement."

Calum grabs a torch and shines it down the stairs to the basement. He also shines the torch on the light switch and light bulb, in case he can see an obvious problem that can be fixed. "Anyone know how to fix a broken light?"

Whether or not the light can be fixed, Calum will make a start on mapping the basement.

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 am
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

Andrew jerks his head up after hearing Calum's comments. As Calum descends, Andrew gets up and joins the rest of the group looking at Pearl. "What was that about?"

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 am
by zielonobrody
Calum,Know[65]=55 Everything seems in order. You notice there is no spark in the light switch wen you switch it, when you are certain there should be one. The stairs are uncomfortably steep and seem rather unstable. You shine down and all that is visible is a brick wall.
Karl,Idea[80] = 64 Might be a blown fuse that won't allow the light in the basement to switch.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 am
by ImpInTraining
Dan

Dan was interested in investigating the cellar too, but Pearl's current state of mind troubled him. "She's not unconscious... she's ... um, what's the word? Like a statue. Unable to move herself." His eyes lit up, "Wait, did we bring a first aid kit? Maybe some smelling salts will bring her around?"

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum studies the light in the basement for a few moments. "Hmm, doesn't seem broken, as far as I can tell. I'm no expert though. It's just not working. I might see if I can find the fuse-box, maybe the problem is there. I'm sure having good light down there would assist with our examinations."

Calum will start to look around for a fuse-box, starting with the ground floor rear of the house (kitchen etc) and outside the back of the place too. If he can find one, he'll check it.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am
by zielonobrody
Dan,There should be a first aid kit in one of the cars.
Calum finds the fuse box in the kitchen. There are a few spare fuses in the cabinet that it's situated above, and you start looking for the bad fuse in the fuse box.
Calum,Curious, one good fuse isn't screwed in all the way...

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:58 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Karl fetches the first aid kit that he unloaded previously and extracts the smelling salts. He opens the bottle and passes it back and forth under Pearl's nose.

"Perhaps we should get her in by the fire. If she remains unresponsive, we'll need to get her to a doctor."

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan

"Or maybe back to the shrinks at the nut house," Dan suggests. "Drop that accursed picture off with her."

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 pm
by zielonobrody
You did not buy a first aid kit, so there isn't one lying around. Check the supplies thread next time please: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 743#p91743

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:48 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Darn those guys who went to buy supplies! Er... um... >> ... << ... nevermind. ><
Dan rushes out to the vehicles to check for a first aid kit.

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:24 am
by zielonobrody
You're in luck! you find a first aid kit. And it has smelling salts!
OOC: That's two passed luck rolls. I'll just skip to the part where Karl uses them
As the salts do their work you see Pearl's face change into various shades of struggling and horror, as if she were wrestling her mind from a horrid dream. The rest of her body stays the same as before, her neck and hands clenched, the flask creaks as she tightens her grip even more. She starts taking in deep breaths and you hear the air go in and out of her, her chest rising and falling rapidly. Her eyes are so wide, you think they might pop out! Suddenly they close and her whole body becomes limp. Her head falls and the flask drops out of her hand with a loud crack as it hits the floor. She topples to one side. She's unconscious and pale from the strain, but she has a pulse and is breathing regularly.

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:16 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan looks at Pearl's limp form and then up to Karl, "She passed out. Is that a good sign?"

The big man lifted her to the couch, placing a blanket over her and making her comfortable before turning his attention elsewhere. "Strange reaction from just staring at a painting. I'll admit, the style sort of turned my stomach, but that was a bit much." He went back to the coffee and took it off the burner, pouring it into several cups. "We're going to need something to help keep us alert tonight, I suspect."

He handed one cup over to Andrew, the guest. "So, you're welcome to stick around of course, but they say this house is haunted. Just fair warning."

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:42 am
by andyw666
Keeper,Calum will screw the loose fuse back in.
Calum:

Calum walks back to the basement to check whether the light is now working.

"Eh, Mr Lederhosen, have you been playing with the fuse box?" Calum calls out suspiciously.

If the light switch now, works, Calum will head down to the basement.

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:12 am
by zielonobrody
Andrew,Oh, did I mention word on the street has it this house was in fact haunted. Must have slipped your mind. Did you leave your Bagel Cart outside? Wouldn't want it getting stolen.
Calum,The light switches on. As it does, there is some horrible racket upstairs. Sounds like someone is jumping up and down in heavy boots. But you were there just a moment ago, and everyone is downstairs... you feel your heart start pumping more rapidly as you turn around looking up the stairs, not knowing what to expect.
Dan Karl Andrew,As Calum disappears from view and you hold your warm cups of coffee, you hear the click of the light switch and a contented sound from Calum as apparently the light switches on. Barely seconds later an unexpected noise fills the place. There seems to be some thumping coming from upstairs. But everyone is downstairs, so who the hell is jumping around up there? Is there someone else you haven't yet met? Did someone break in upstairs? Or is it someTHING else entirely?... You feel the coffee shake in your hands from the unexpected tension.

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

"As if on cue," Dan states as he sets the coffee back down on the table and races upstairs as quickly as possible, pausing at the top only to get his bearing in correlation with where the noise comes from.

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:58 pm
by zielonobrody
Dan passes a bewildered Calum who barely manages to move away as you rush past him. (Calum Luck passed 42/55)
The upstairs features a long coridoor, there are doors to the left. The thumping has stopped but you think it was coming from the second door, the first being an open bathroom. You make for the second door. It's closed.

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:04 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Karl sets his cup aside and glances at Pearl. Then he follows Dan toward the stairs.

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:32 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan pauses at the door, puts his ear against the wood to try to make out a sound, any sound, coming from within. Hearing nothing, he throws the door open and takes a look see.

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:11 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Calum is definitely surprised by the turn of events and stares dumbfounded as Dan charges past him.

"There is no-one upstairs, I was just up there mapping the place." A slight quiver can be heard in his voice.

Slightly more cautiously, Calum starts heading up the stairs. "Maybe there are really fat rats in the attic?"

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:05 pm
by zielonobrody
OOC: I'll PM Reclaimer to see if he's still with us. If no reply by tomorrow, we'll continue.

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm
by zielonobrody
Dan,You open the door carefully and peek inside. The walls of the room are bare, a lonely metal frame bed without a mattress stands in the middle of the room, and an empty cabinet to one side. As you investigate the room with your flashlight, the window across the room starts rattling.
Calum and Karl follow up the stairs, leaving Andrew behind.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:02 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan whispers over his shoulder, "I think something's trying to sneak into the window. Someone quick, run outside and we'll try to corner it!"

He paused a few moments to allow someone to circle about to the other side of the window before he opened the door, boldly stepping in, expecting to find a racoon trying to make his way into the house for some food. Slowly, he makes his way for the door, shining his flashlight at it to see if he can make out what is out there.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:04 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Karl looks at the scrawny Calum and just sighs. "I'll go," he says and pounds down the stairs. Passing by Andrew and Pearl he mutters, "Keep an eye on her."

As he exits the front door, he slams it hard to signal Dan that he is outside. He circles to the corner of the house, moving as quietly as he can, and peeks back along the wall. Then he spots a large tree about ten yards out in the yard. He tiptoes quickly to hide behind the tree and peers around the trunk, gazing at the upstairs windows.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 pm
by zielonobrody
Dan,You approach the window cautiously. There doesn't seem to be anything on the outside, maybe if you can get closer... The window rattles on.
Karl,You see Dan's roaming flashlight shine a beam of light through the window as he approaches cautiously. You shine your own light upwards to see what is making the noise. But how can it be? There is nothing there! You look up the tree in search of wind, but the branches are still.

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:49 am
by andyw666
Calum:

With a slight wimper, Calum sidles into the room behind Dan (a bit).

"The funny thing is that window was rattling a bit when I was in here mapping. I checked it then and there was nothing behind it. I thought it must have been the wind." Calum can't quite hide the quiver in his voice.

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:10 am
by ImpInTraining
Dan Marrison

Dan approached the window telling the others behind him, "Nothing there. Maybe it's some pipes or something, rattling through the walls?"

He got up to the window, still seeing nothing, and put his hand on the window frame to get an idea of how hard it was rattling as he asked Calum, "Where are the bathrooms located? Anywhere nearby?"

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:53 pm
by Reclaimer
Andrew Greenwood

Andrew backpedals to the door. "Uh, if you'll excuse me, I need to get something." Andrew opens the door and goes outside in search of his cart.

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:26 am
by zielonobrody
Dan Calum,As Dan reaches the window and puts his hand to the frame, Calum puts his head in to take a peek, the curiosity being too much to stay hiding (after all, the brave detective already went in, so there's nothing to worry about). The window keeps on rattling, it's just as if there were a considerable wind outside, it's clanking pretty loud. As Calum sticks his head in, he sees the heavy metal bed frame start to roll towards the window, it picks up a lot of speed very quickly. Calum lets out a yelp and Dan has only but a moment to turn his head only to find himself being smashed with the bed, the impact so hard, he crashes through the window, trying to catch on to anything to break the fall. ([i]Luck 100/45[/i]) He falls through the air, bracing for impact, a trail misty blood following him from all the broken glass. He hits the muddy ground with a splash ([i]Damage 2d6=7[/i]), feels the sharp snap of a broken leg and falls unconscious.
Karl,Suddenly you see Dan fly through the window as if propelled by some unearthly force. He falls through the air, bracing for impact, a trail misty blood following him from all the broken glass. He hits the muddy ground with a splash and a faint crack of broken bones, the shattered glass falling all around him. He doesn't move.
Andrew,As you exit you hear a loud crash from the back of the house. You're positive something just broke the window.

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:53 pm
by Gaffer
Read previous post first,[b]Karl Werner[/b] Karl yelps and runs over to the fallen man. He looks up at the window: [color=#000080]"Help! I think he's injured!"[/color] He squats down beside Dan, [color=#000080]"Marrison? I say, Marrison? Are you injured? Can you speak?"[/color] [i][color=#00BF00]This is dreadful! How can it have happened?[/color][/i]

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 am
by andyw666
Calum:

"Aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!" Calum cries at the top of his lungs from the empty bedroom. In panic, Calum flees the room and races down the stairs, whimpering and snivelling.

"Everyone, get out of this house!" Calum yells at the top of his quivering voice.

Calum will try to keep a wary eye out for any attack but will race to Pearl, garb her under the arms and attempt to drag her bodily outside.

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
ouch,Good show. Didn't see that coming.
Dan groans, still unconscious. His leg bent in an obviously unnatural angle.

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:57 am
by zielonobrody
As Karl runs up to the broken and battered body of Dan he steps on a big piece of shattered glass, which punctures his shoe all the way through, fortunately just between his toes. (Luck 11/45) He approaches more carefully now. Dan is breathing, but unconscious. He's bleeding from many glass wounds. Someone should call an ambulance, or take him to the hospital asap.

Calum rushes to get outside. He grabs the unconscious Pearl and drags her out the door where he bumps into Andrew. Their gazes meet and Calum's bewildered face betrays that something horrible has just happened.

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:14 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

"Help!" calls Karl. "Marrison's hurt badly. We need a doctor!"

He kneels carefully beside the man, watching out for shards of glass and feels for a pulse. I knew we should have waited until morning.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:41 am
by andyw666
Calum:

Gasping and panic-struck, Calum blathers to Andrew: "Help me get this drunk flapper into one of the cars!"

Calum then hollers at Werner: "Hold on a minute Bosch and we'll come round to help you! We need to get Dan and the girl to the hospital!"

Calum's plan is to get the girl into Werner's car then go around the back to help Karl lug Dan into a car.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 am
by Gaffer
andyw666 wrote:Calum's plan is to get the girl into Werner's car...
[ooc - Remember, Karl's car is just a two-seater. Can Calum drive?]

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:23 pm
by zielonobrody
After Andrew and Calum deposit the girl in Karl's car, they run to the back to help pick up Dan. With all but Karl's flashlight lighting the surroundings, they see Dan's bloodied body and improbably shaped leg. They wander the maze of jutting glass shards and help Karl transport Dan to the other car. Andrew goes back to get the first aid kit to patch up the poor chap while driving to the car. Andrew stashes his bagel cars (weird, the guy sells bagels?) in the living room and turns off all the lights before leaving. The fireplace will go out on it's own. As he leaves there is more thumping to be heard upstairs which only makes him leave faster.

If that'll be all, we'll FF to the next day.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:12 pm
by Gaffer
[ooc - Yippee! I got the one that's not bloody in my car!]

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dan groans some more...

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 am
by andyw666
OOC: Calum has a 25% Drive Auto, so can drive Dan's car, with the recumbent Dan in it, to the hospital, albeit with no great skill. Am happy to draw the curtain over this sorry scene and FF to the next day.

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:09 pm
by zielonobrody

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:58 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Karl pulls up in front of the old house and switches off the Bearcat's purring engine. He stares at the front of the house and imagines waves of baleful intent radiating at him. He shakes himself free of his reverie and climbs out of the car.

"I don't want to be here too long," he tells Andrew, "Let's get the painting and carry it out here in the sunshine - or at least the open air," he adds, staring up at the gray overcast, "All I want is to try to find the artist's signature, then we'll set it aflame. I have a can of gasoline in the boot."

That said he trudges heavily to the front door.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 pm
by Gaffer
Karl Werner

Turning the key in the door, Karl takes a deep breath and pushes it open, listening for a moment in case there is any thumping or other untoward noise. Once he's satisfied that the house is quiet, he enters the hallway and looks about for something to block the door open; he drags a small table over and sets it against the jamb. SWatisfied, he goes down the hall to where they had left the painting.

He finds it stashed behind the sofa and lifts it out, careful to only look at the back, which he studies quickly to see if there's any gallery tag or artist's name.