IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

Post by andyw666 »

Keeper,Calum will screw the loose fuse back in.
Calum:

Calum walks back to the basement to check whether the light is now working.

"Eh, Mr Lederhosen, have you been playing with the fuse box?" Calum calls out suspiciously.

If the light switch now, works, Calum will head down to the basement.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Andrew,Oh, did I mention word on the street has it this house was in fact haunted. Must have slipped your mind. Did you leave your Bagel Cart outside? Wouldn't want it getting stolen.
Calum,The light switches on. As it does, there is some horrible racket upstairs. Sounds like someone is jumping up and down in heavy boots. But you were there just a moment ago, and everyone is downstairs... you feel your heart start pumping more rapidly as you turn around looking up the stairs, not knowing what to expect.
Dan Karl Andrew,As Calum disappears from view and you hold your warm cups of coffee, you hear the click of the light switch and a contented sound from Calum as apparently the light switches on. Barely seconds later an unexpected noise fills the place. There seems to be some thumping coming from upstairs. But everyone is downstairs, so who the hell is jumping around up there? Is there someone else you haven't yet met? Did someone break in upstairs? Or is it someTHING else entirely?... You feel the coffee shake in your hands from the unexpected tension.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"As if on cue," Dan states as he sets the coffee back down on the table and races upstairs as quickly as possible, pausing at the top only to get his bearing in correlation with where the noise comes from.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan passes a bewildered Calum who barely manages to move away as you rush past him. (Calum Luck passed 42/55)
The upstairs features a long coridoor, there are doors to the left. The thumping has stopped but you think it was coming from the second door, the first being an open bathroom. You make for the second door. It's closed.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl sets his cup aside and glances at Pearl. Then he follows Dan toward the stairs.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan pauses at the door, puts his ear against the wood to try to make out a sound, any sound, coming from within. Hearing nothing, he throws the door open and takes a look see.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum is definitely surprised by the turn of events and stares dumbfounded as Dan charges past him.

"There is no-one upstairs, I was just up there mapping the place." A slight quiver can be heard in his voice.

Slightly more cautiously, Calum starts heading up the stairs. "Maybe there are really fat rats in the attic?"
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC: I'll PM Reclaimer to see if he's still with us. If no reply by tomorrow, we'll continue.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan,You open the door carefully and peek inside. The walls of the room are bare, a lonely metal frame bed without a mattress stands in the middle of the room, and an empty cabinet to one side. As you investigate the room with your flashlight, the window across the room starts rattling.
Calum and Karl follow up the stairs, leaving Andrew behind.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan whispers over his shoulder, "I think something's trying to sneak into the window. Someone quick, run outside and we'll try to corner it!"

He paused a few moments to allow someone to circle about to the other side of the window before he opened the door, boldly stepping in, expecting to find a racoon trying to make his way into the house for some food. Slowly, he makes his way for the door, shining his flashlight at it to see if he can make out what is out there.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl looks at the scrawny Calum and just sighs. "I'll go," he says and pounds down the stairs. Passing by Andrew and Pearl he mutters, "Keep an eye on her."

As he exits the front door, he slams it hard to signal Dan that he is outside. He circles to the corner of the house, moving as quietly as he can, and peeks back along the wall. Then he spots a large tree about ten yards out in the yard. He tiptoes quickly to hide behind the tree and peers around the trunk, gazing at the upstairs windows.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan,You approach the window cautiously. There doesn't seem to be anything on the outside, maybe if you can get closer... The window rattles on.
Karl,You see Dan's roaming flashlight shine a beam of light through the window as he approaches cautiously. You shine your own light upwards to see what is making the noise. But how can it be? There is nothing there! You look up the tree in search of wind, but the branches are still.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

With a slight wimper, Calum sidles into the room behind Dan (a bit).

"The funny thing is that window was rattling a bit when I was in here mapping. I checked it then and there was nothing behind it. I thought it must have been the wind." Calum can't quite hide the quiver in his voice.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan approached the window telling the others behind him, "Nothing there. Maybe it's some pipes or something, rattling through the walls?"

He got up to the window, still seeing nothing, and put his hand on the window frame to get an idea of how hard it was rattling as he asked Calum, "Where are the bathrooms located? Anywhere nearby?"
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

Andrew backpedals to the door. "Uh, if you'll excuse me, I need to get something." Andrew opens the door and goes outside in search of his cart.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan Calum,As Dan reaches the window and puts his hand to the frame, Calum puts his head in to take a peek, the curiosity being too much to stay hiding (after all, the brave detective already went in, so there's nothing to worry about). The window keeps on rattling, it's just as if there were a considerable wind outside, it's clanking pretty loud. As Calum sticks his head in, he sees the heavy metal bed frame start to roll towards the window, it picks up a lot of speed very quickly. Calum lets out a yelp and Dan has only but a moment to turn his head only to find himself being smashed with the bed, the impact so hard, he crashes through the window, trying to catch on to anything to break the fall. ([i]Luck 100/45[/i]) He falls through the air, bracing for impact, a trail misty blood following him from all the broken glass. He hits the muddy ground with a splash ([i]Damage 2d6=7[/i]), feels the sharp snap of a broken leg and falls unconscious.
Karl,Suddenly you see Dan fly through the window as if propelled by some unearthly force. He falls through the air, bracing for impact, a trail misty blood following him from all the broken glass. He hits the muddy ground with a splash and a faint crack of broken bones, the shattered glass falling all around him. He doesn't move.
Andrew,As you exit you hear a loud crash from the back of the house. You're positive something just broke the window.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Read previous post first,[b]Karl Werner[/b] Karl yelps and runs over to the fallen man. He looks up at the window: [color=#000080]"Help! I think he's injured!"[/color] He squats down beside Dan, [color=#000080]"Marrison? I say, Marrison? Are you injured? Can you speak?"[/color] [i][color=#00BF00]This is dreadful! How can it have happened?[/color][/i]
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

"Aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!" Calum cries at the top of his lungs from the empty bedroom. In panic, Calum flees the room and races down the stairs, whimpering and snivelling.

"Everyone, get out of this house!" Calum yells at the top of his quivering voice.

Calum will try to keep a wary eye out for any attack but will race to Pearl, garb her under the arms and attempt to drag her bodily outside.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ouch,Good show. Didn't see that coming.
Dan groans, still unconscious. His leg bent in an obviously unnatural angle.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

As Karl runs up to the broken and battered body of Dan he steps on a big piece of shattered glass, which punctures his shoe all the way through, fortunately just between his toes. (Luck 11/45) He approaches more carefully now. Dan is breathing, but unconscious. He's bleeding from many glass wounds. Someone should call an ambulance, or take him to the hospital asap.

Calum rushes to get outside. He grabs the unconscious Pearl and drags her out the door where he bumps into Andrew. Their gazes meet and Calum's bewildered face betrays that something horrible has just happened.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”