IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

"Pearl!" He struggles to support the young woman's inert form and keep his grip on the flashlight, "Marrison! She's fainted!"

He lowers her to the floor as gently as possible and begins patting her hand and chafing her wrist.

[OOC - is she pale? Eyes open or closed? Breathing normally? Did she drop my flask?]
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I've corrected my post down there removing the nails from the cellar door. Did she drop my flask. LOL.
Dan Marrison

Dan looked over with wide eyes. He recalled the uneasy feeling he had from that same painting she had been staring at and ran right over to where Pearl lay on the floor, Karl's form leaning over her. He glanced at the painting and lifted it off the nail on the wall, setting it down to face the wall, away from the casual observer. Even though, he tried to maintain some sense of logic about it. "She should have ate more at lunch. Hunger probably got the better of her."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by zielonobrody »

Pearl holds on to the flask. You sit her down on the couch after removing some of the supplies from it. She sits there with her neck stiff and her hands clenched, the rest is limp, but she manages to stay sitting on the couch. Her eyes are open and stare blankly into the distance. She has uneven breathing. It seems as if she were dreaming. She is a bit pale but the color seems to be returning. She does not blink.
Andrew,You get a creepy feeling that this fainting lady has something to do with the painting. You feel like you need to sit down.
Dan,You should probably get something to moisturize her eyes if she keeps them open too long, they could dry out.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum comes wandering down the stairs, still writing on his homemade house map. "Right, onto the cellar. Nothing upstairs but rattly windows, chaps."

He spies the recumbent Pearl. "Ah, has the loose-lipped lush had a bit too much of the Bosch's stash? I wondered whether he would start to look attractive to her before or after she passed out."

Calum finally notices the new guest. "Oops, ah, Calum Childs. I'm the sober one."

Calum heads for the cellar door. "Look, can you just dump her on a sofa and we'll get on with mapping the cellar?"
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

Andrew sits down in the nearest empty seat and rubs his eyes. "Could someone take that painting down?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Painting OOC,Already did.
Dan Marrison

Dan asks, "Anyone have some eyedrops? She seems to be in a state of shock." He looks Pearl in the eyes and then slaps her lightly on the cheek, "Pearl... snap out of it girl."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

The eerie painting is safely away from eyesight.

There's no reaction to the tapping of the cheek. She moves not an inch. Her neck is stiff, as are still her hands, a flask in one. It's impossible to tear it from her grip.
Nobody has eyedrops. There should be an all night pharmacy somewhere nearby. Andrew might know where to find one.

Calum heads for the basement. He tries the light switch but it doesn't work.
OOC,Keep in mind that I do the rolls around here. Let me know if you want to try something and I'll let you know what the outcome is.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl takes a clean handkerchief and dampens it at the faucet. He returns to Pearl and lays her over on her side, tucking her knees and feet up onto the sofa. Then he ties the damp handkerchief around her head, adjusting the cloth to moisten her eyes.

"I trust that will soothe her eyes somewhat. Perhaps she will snap out of it in a while."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum sighs testily at all the fuss over Pearl. "Look, I'm sure it's not the first time she's passed out on a sofa in company. Pearl's an 'actress' isn't she? Probably does her best work unconscious. Sling her in a corner and get back to exploring, I say. We should map the basement."

Calum grabs a torch and shines it down the stairs to the basement. He also shines the torch on the light switch and light bulb, in case he can see an obvious problem that can be fixed. "Anyone know how to fix a broken light?"

Whether or not the light can be fixed, Calum will make a start on mapping the basement.
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

Andrew jerks his head up after hearing Calum's comments. As Calum descends, Andrew gets up and joins the rest of the group looking at Pearl. "What was that about?"
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Calum,Know[65]=55 Everything seems in order. You notice there is no spark in the light switch wen you switch it, when you are certain there should be one. The stairs are uncomfortably steep and seem rather unstable. You shine down and all that is visible is a brick wall.
Karl,Idea[80] = 64 Might be a blown fuse that won't allow the light in the basement to switch.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan

Dan was interested in investigating the cellar too, but Pearl's current state of mind troubled him. "She's not unconscious... she's ... um, what's the word? Like a statue. Unable to move herself." His eyes lit up, "Wait, did we bring a first aid kit? Maybe some smelling salts will bring her around?"
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum studies the light in the basement for a few moments. "Hmm, doesn't seem broken, as far as I can tell. I'm no expert though. It's just not working. I might see if I can find the fuse-box, maybe the problem is there. I'm sure having good light down there would assist with our examinations."

Calum will start to look around for a fuse-box, starting with the ground floor rear of the house (kitchen etc) and outside the back of the place too. If he can find one, he'll check it.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan,There should be a first aid kit in one of the cars.
Calum finds the fuse box in the kitchen. There are a few spare fuses in the cabinet that it's situated above, and you start looking for the bad fuse in the fuse box.
Calum,Curious, one good fuse isn't screwed in all the way...
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl fetches the first aid kit that he unloaded previously and extracts the smelling salts. He opens the bottle and passes it back and forth under Pearl's nose.

"Perhaps we should get her in by the fire. If she remains unresponsive, we'll need to get her to a doctor."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan

"Or maybe back to the shrinks at the nut house," Dan suggests. "Drop that accursed picture off with her."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

You did not buy a first aid kit, so there isn't one lying around. Check the supplies thread next time please: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 743#p91743
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Darn those guys who went to buy supplies! Er... um... >> ... << ... nevermind. ><
Dan rushes out to the vehicles to check for a first aid kit.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

You're in luck! you find a first aid kit. And it has smelling salts!
OOC: That's two passed luck rolls. I'll just skip to the part where Karl uses them
As the salts do their work you see Pearl's face change into various shades of struggling and horror, as if she were wrestling her mind from a horrid dream. The rest of her body stays the same as before, her neck and hands clenched, the flask creaks as she tightens her grip even more. She starts taking in deep breaths and you hear the air go in and out of her, her chest rising and falling rapidly. Her eyes are so wide, you think they might pop out! Suddenly they close and her whole body becomes limp. Her head falls and the flask drops out of her hand with a loud crack as it hits the floor. She topples to one side. She's unconscious and pale from the strain, but she has a pulse and is breathing regularly.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan looks at Pearl's limp form and then up to Karl, "She passed out. Is that a good sign?"

The big man lifted her to the couch, placing a blanket over her and making her comfortable before turning his attention elsewhere. "Strange reaction from just staring at a painting. I'll admit, the style sort of turned my stomach, but that was a bit much." He went back to the coffee and took it off the burner, pouring it into several cups. "We're going to need something to help keep us alert tonight, I suspect."

He handed one cup over to Andrew, the guest. "So, you're welcome to stick around of course, but they say this house is haunted. Just fair warning."

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”