IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

Post by zielonobrody »

Monday, March 13, 1922
8:30PM
Providence, Rhode Island

As you wander the house, there is a most unexpected knock on the door. Who could it be at this hour?
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC Scene 9 - The House Part 2

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan tilts his head as he hears the knock. He was going to inquire to Pearl what her impressions of the painting were but that would have to wait. Turning about, he takes a few steps to close to the door that he had just entered only a few minutes ago from his rounds outside. He opened it curiously and peered out. "Hello?" he inquired as the door came open.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl looks up from the fireplace where he has just ignited some crumpled newspapers under a few twigs and bits of wood. He's gratified that the fire-starting skills he learned traveling out West have stood him in good stead. Until, that is, the smoke begins curling back into the room, causing him to retreat, coughing heavily.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

Andrew squints to see through the doorway. "Hello, I'm Mr.Greenwood. Are you the new owners of this house?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"Hello Mr. Greenwood. I'm Dan Marrison," Dan says with a curt nod. He is slightly distracted by Karl's coughing and turns about to notice the smoke from the fireplace entering the room. "For goodness sakes, Karl. The flue... make sure it's open!"

Turning his attention once again to the visitor, Dan says "Owners? Oh no. Sorry. We're more like renters... short term stay. Is there something I can do for you?"
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

Andrew chuckles. "I guess short term is the only way he rents this old place. Forgive my late night intrusion. I was just curious, you see. I started to think nobody was going to move in here."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

From the sounds of pottering about, cabinets opening and shutting, and floorboards creaking, Calum is clearly still map-making (or something) upstairs.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Coughing and wheezing, handkerchief over his mouth, Karl manages to open the flue. As the chimney starts to draw he retreats from the fireplace, flapping his handkerchief. He approaches the visitor.

"I'm Karl Werner. Are you a neighbor? How long have you resided here?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"Yeah, come on in," Dan says backing up from the entranceway. "I'll put on some coffee, or tea if you'd rather. We can talk for a while. If you're local, you might be able to answer some questions for us."
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

"I've been living here a few buildings down the road for about ten years now Mr. Werner, pleased to make your acquaintance," Andrew says as he steps into the house. He turns to Dan and replies, "Coffee will be fine, thank you. Exactly what would you like to know?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

As Dan heads into the kitchen and roots around in the packed store-bought belongings he'd stashed away in there earlier, he raises his voice so as to be heard by those still nearer the entranceway, "Well, for starters, how well did you know the people who lived here last? Mr. and Mrs. Macario?"
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Andrew,You don't remember the name of the last residents,but there wasn't anyone living here for some time before the last tenants so it must have been the Macarios. I believe I sent you the information you have in a PM. If the boys ask Andrew something that he should know, expect a PM. As you enter the living room, there is a well dressed young lady staring at a painting on the wall.
You enter the living room to find Pearl staring blankly at the weird painting on the wall. Her eyes are glazed and it seems she hasn't moved for some time.
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

"Well it was a family of four. They had two boys. It's been quite a while..." Andrew looks around while rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "The had this odd look in their eyes, the parents did. Like they rarely slept. I always thought they just had a handful raising two children. That was until I heard tale that the parents were in an asylum.

Andrew joins Peal in looking at the painting.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"That's kind of why we're here," Dan confides as he tries the sink faucet for the first time. "The owner of the house wanted to see if we could find the pests that were troubling his last tenants."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Andrew,As you examine the painting you feel your stomach roll. You have an urge both to turn your eyes away and keep looking at the same time. But that only makes you want to hurl even more. You can't really say what the painting is showing as you avert your gaze.
Andrew looks to the painting. You see him go a bit pale and he looks away after a few seconds. His legs are a bit wobbly now. Pearl hasn't moved the whole time.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan asks Andrew, "Have you heard anything strange around here? Animal noises perhaps?" He looks up from the coffee pot that he's just set on the stove to notice Andrew has lost a shade or two of tone to his skin, "Are you feeling alright?"
Reclaimer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Reclaimer »

Andrew Greenwood

Andrew quickly looks away from the painting and back to Dan. "Oh, I'm fine. I've never heard any strange noises around here."
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl approaches Pearl, putting a hand on her shoulder and taking his flashlight from her hand.

"I'll take this back for now, Miss Wealstone. And do you have my..." he glances at the stranger, "My... medicine! Yes, I must have my medicine back, if you don't mind."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Too bad," responded Dan to Andrew, almost seeming disappointed by the news. "The last residents were apparently afraid of something from the outside. All the windows had been nailed shut. The doors overly secured with extra deadbolts. We really should go take a look see down in the cellar. Care to come with while the coffee brews?"
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

As Karl put's a hand on Pearl's shoulder, she topples to the ground like an empty sack. You manage to catch her.

OOC: the door to the cellar was not nailed shut. the stairs are just in bad condition and the light doesn't work.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”