IC Scene 8 - The house

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

IC Scene 8 - The house

Post by zielonobrody »

Monday, March 13, 1922
8PM
Providence, Rhode Island

All is quite dark as you return to Providence. The night sky is clear, the first stars are visible. The road from Pawtucket is higher than the ground around it, a thin fog covers the land. As you speed along the road you see deer's heads rise from beneath the fog and star at you. The cars' lights flash back at you in their eyes.

As you park in front of the house, and old house surrounded by shiny new apartment buildings, the only light available is from the street lights and light from the windows of the apartments. The house is like a black blob of sorrow in a happy city.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC Scene 8 - The house

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,thanks for the link to the new thread. :)
Dan Marrison

"Home sweet home," Dan says shutting the door of his automobile and looking up at the dismal scene of the sad blob of a house. He looked to the others to see if any of them were feeling a touch anxious about the night.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Pearl
Looks like a perfectly normal house to me. She says, but it's not hard to spot that she's a bit unsettled by the darkness and creepy play of shadows.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl gets out and opens the trunk to get an electric torch. He offers his arm to Pearl.

"Let us get inside and see about getting some heat."
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"I'm going to take stroll once around the house, just to make sure there isn't anything nor anyone out there at this moment," Dan responded and got his own light source to cut through the darkness.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan makes his rounds and only finds some cats frolicing in the bushes of the back yard. The ground makes squishy noises as he trods. He pulls up his trousers so as not to get them muddy.

The others make for the door and turn on their torches as they enter the house. There is a long corridoor leading away from the entrance with doors to either side. An umbrella rach stands to the right of the entrance. All is silent save for some faint scurrying of rodents.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

Karl flips the light switch at the entry. If it works, he puts his flashlight away. In any case, he looks for a heat source -- stove, fireplace, whatever's available. (Because the furnace hasn't been attended to in a while, right?)
zielonobrody wrote: All is silent save for some faint scurrying of rodents.
"Verdammte Schädlinge," he shudders, stamping his feet loudly as he moves around the rooms.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Dan pays particular attention to the window in the kitchen that they had pried open to see if there were any critters meandering about there.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner
Keeper,Is there a fireplace or stove in the living room or dining room?
Karl takes out his flask, sips and passes it to Pearl. "You might as well hang on to this for the moment, my dear." He hands her the flashlight as well.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum looks with slight disdain at Karl and Pearl getting bottled together.

"Far be it for a Canadian to remind you of US laws, but I believe alcohol is currently prohibited here."

Calum sniffs and stalks off. He quickly ducks back to Dan's car to grab a notebook and a pencil, then heads back inside to start drawing a map of the place.

"Second step in a good archeological dig," Calum announces to the others inside, "After research, is good record keeping and mapping."

Calum will attempt to sketch a quick map of the ground floor then move up.

As he sketches, Calum calls out to the others: "I'm not sure we should plan to do more than have a bit of a look around this place after dark. Someone should still try to read the diary Herr Bosch found, and I'd like to follow up on the court case involving that same guy who wrote the diary. Maybe we could stay here an hour or two then head off to our digs for the night?"
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

The lights come on hesitantly, and flicker every once in a while. Must be the rodents at work.

There are three doors visible on the left side of the corridoor, and three on the right.

All your equipment lies in the living room (4) to the right of the entrance. The arch from there leads to a dining room (5), and then on to the kitchen (6). There is a stove in the kitchen. The third door to the right leads to the basement, but the light doesn't work.

The three doors to the left lead to storage rooms, there's an empty open cupboard in room (1), it looks as if it was nailed shut until recently. (2) is another storeroom with random broken wooden objects that could be used for burning in the stove. (3) has a coat rack with coats, umbrellas and mundane shoes on the floor. There is a door leading outside in to the back yard from this room.

The staircase on the left leads up.

(I missed a spot, there is a door between rooms 5 and 6. Did I mis any inquiries? The main enterance is the one on the left of the picture)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

Satisfied with the outdoor investigation, Dan makes his way back in. "Nothing outside to mention." He looked around the dusty house and asked, "Has anyone picked bedrooms yet? I think I'll set up my cot," he casually says unaware that Calum had suggested to stay only a couple hours.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Pearl is staring at a painting in the Living Room and disregards the question.

There is a knock on the door.

Continue here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 156&t=2336

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”