IC Scene 5 - Convergence (Everybody)

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: IC Scene 5 - Convergence (Everybody)

Post by zielonobrody »

Calum
"Since you mention it, The Archeological Society..." He winks at Dan ;)

"Ah, never mind. Let's cut to the chase, eh?" Carl pays for his food and drink, also leaving a moderate tip and finishes his tea.

"So, who's up for a few hours in a wee dusty room with loads of old sheets of newspaper?"

sorry, I messed up the character name :D
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Pearl sighs;

"I suppose that'll be me then. There is nothing for it I presume, but I'd appreciate a bit of a hand this afternoon - there's a bit much for one girl on her own." Pearl flutters her eyelashes at the men outrageously before continuing;

"Err I assume that you are all aware that you have to be an equity member to work with a professional actress, but I can get you all signed up real cheap, special rates as there are so many of you." Her face breaks out into a wide grin as she finishes off.

"You know I feel a lot better after having this lunch. I think we are all going to get along just fine on this investigation ... ohh I feel just like a real private eye!"
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison

"Gotta have a gun handy to be a private eye. Got your gun handy, miss?" Dan asked out of curiousity. "Never know when you might need it."

He looked at Karl and said, "Ready as ever, I suppose. How about you? Jog by your place, pick up some stuff, get some kerosene, then drop it all off at the house and come back to help with the research. Sounds like a full afternoon."
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

A frown of disappointment temporarily clouds Karl's face when everyone refuses his offer, but then he smiles pityingly at his companions: "Well, then, you will have to assume all liability for yourselves.

"Yes, I am ready, Mr. Marrison. I'll take my car and you can follow me to my place, while Miss Wealstone and Mr. Childs return to the library. And mind you, Mr. Childs," he continues in a playful tone, wagging his finger at Calum, "No hanky-panky in the stacks. It would distress Brunhilda."

Chuckling at his 'joke' and taking a last bite of bread, Karl rises and walks down the street to his Stutz Bearcat and waits for Dan to drive up behind him.

The drive isn't far into a section of town that is commercial with flats above storefronts. He pulls into an alley beside a narrow three-story redbrick building. The ground floor is taken up by a shop window with The Seer - painted in an elegant font and a glass-paned door. Karl unlocks a wooden door beside that, which opens into a narrow hallway.

"My brother has the flat immediately above the offices, mine is the top floor. But what we need is in the cellars. This way." Karl leads Dan to the cellar stairs and down into a low-ceilinged space dominated by a furnace and water boiler and a pile of coal. To one side are a number of wooden crates. Muttering to himself, Karl opens two before he finds what he wants, taking out a pair of somewhat musty folding cots, and a canvas bag full of pots and pans and tin plates and cooking utensils. He adds a couple of cloth-covered canteens and a battered lantern. Loading everything but the lantern into Dan's arms he says, "Put these things in your trunk while I get some blankets."

A few minutes later, Karl appears in the alley and stows four Navajo blankets and the lantern in his trunk.

"What next?"
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by zielonobrody »

@ Imp and Gaffer. Decide on something and we'll move along. I'm guessing you're both going to the house to drop off the wares, but I'd rather just be certain.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

I think Dan had said we still need kerosene, but I'm willing to say we bought some on the way and get to the house.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan Marrison
ooc,Yeah - we just needed the kerosene. I think someone else said they had a camera, so we need to make sure that's accounted for. Other than that, nothing more to do than drop the stuff off in the house.
Dan told Karl, "I think we should do a quick sweep of the place after dropping the stuff off... just to make sure all the doors and windows are secure and there are no squatters. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes."
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Karl Werner

"Sounds fine," says Karl, "I'll follow you." He gets into the Stutz and guns the engine.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”