IC Scene 4a - Supplies; Dan and Calum

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: IC Scene 4a - Supplies; Dan and Calum

Post by andyw666 »

ImpInTraining wrote:Not being one with a mind for math, Dan looked to Calum for approval as he started to fish out bills from what they were given.
Calum:

Calum did some quick mental arithmatic and then nodded approvingly to Dan, while continuing to puff thoughtfully on his pipe.

"Actually, Dan, if you're happy to come back in half an hour with the car to load everything up, I have somoe other jobs I'd quite like to get done."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by zielonobrody »

I have aremy rations if you like. You'll probably find canned meat and water in any grocery store.
OOC,I seem to recall Karl saying he had a camera in his car. Or maybe he can get one from his newspaper. It's worth a try. A camera won't be cheap.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Once out of earshot of potentially curious shop owners, Calum said to Dan, "If you're happy to look after this provisioning, a good archeologist always checks to see if there were earlier digs or possible local interference with the site in question. And local rumour and superstition can provide valuable clues too. So, I might find the local newspaper archives and see if there were any prior reports on this place we're off to."

Checking his pocket-watch, Calum promised to be back for the lunch rendesvous.

Calum's plan is to find the newspaper archive, and attempt to research the allegedly haunted house.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Newspaper Archives,Actually, the plan was for everyone to meet at the newspaper archives I believe ... such a tedious job of sifting through old papers would be very time consuming, and I felt by splitting it four ways we could speed up the process considerably. But if you want to head to the newspaper archives and get a head start, that's cool too.
"Certainly. I can meet you there when I'm done here," Dan nodded to Calum as he secretly appreciated the excuse to avoid all that boring sifting through dusty archives. Looking back to the merchant, "Army rations, you say? Hrm... well, I've heard they aren't that great, but at least they're not perishable. Why don't you load me up with some of that, say twelve meals worth if you have it. And a few large jugs. We'll get some water out of the tap later and take it with us."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Plan Change?,I was under the impression the investigators were all going to pursue the current enquiries then meet at the same restaurant again at 1:00pm?
Calum decided the first place to look for back issues of the newspaper would be the newspaper office itself, so started looking for the local rag.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Calum,Idea [70] = 58 You're under the impression that Karl will probably have more information on the local rag papers as he's the owner of one of them.
Dan,Idea [75] = 27 You don't really understand why trying the local rag is a good idea. You'd probably stick with a good newspaper that's been around long enough to have any old references. You recon The Providence Journal would be a better shot. You think Karl will have an easier time getting in to browse the old clipping files than a random guy off the street.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan:

Dan called after Calum as he started to head out on his own, "If you're going to search newspaper archives, try the Providence Journal. Anything noteworthy would be sure to find its way in those pages. In fact, I'll bet Karl would be able to make short work of it."

Dan made his way to a grocery store next, looking for canned goods and other foods that might not need refrigerating. He wasn't sure if there was going to be electricity in this house, so it was better to prepare for the worst case scenario.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC,I am a Klutz. I keep forgetting I transferred the game to RI :D I switched the newspaper names. I should have stuck with Boston. sorry.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

"Right, Providence Journal it is." Calum starts searching for the offices of the Providence Journal...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: No worries. Might as well call it the City of TownsVille for all I care. ;)

Dan kept looking for the elusive grocery store.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan's trip to the grocery store is rather eventful. Upon being asked for canned goods the saleswoman initiated an interesting discussion, which turned into a rather heated argument (which Dan unfortunately lost) about the quality of todays canned meats. He finally managed to buy all he wanted but left the store feeling intelectually exhausted after the cerbal sparring with the saleswoman.

Calum decided to invade a phone booth and call to the offices of the Journal only to find out that it's halfway across town. he also found some peculiar newspapers that may serve some sort of purpose: Fact!, The Inquirer and Parapsychology Monthly, all based in Providence. You have their addresses. As you get out of the phone booth you see Dan walk out of a nearby store.

Mark should be finished stacking the supplies by now.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan headed back to the supply store, bag of groceries in hand. He sought out his vehicle and put the groceries away before heading back into the store to pick up the equipment from Mark.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum waved at Dan and scuttled over to him as fast as short legs would scamper. "I have the address for the newspaper, but it's more of a drive than a walk so if you don't mind, why don't I help you load up then we both drive over there?"

"Unless it's getting too close to lunch by then?"

Calum quickly checked his pocket watch, not wanting to miss the other two at lunch (even if they were a Bosch and a street/stage walker).
Last edited by andyw666 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan:

"Why don't we just swing by the court house and see if we can find the others. We'll tell them to meet us at the newspaper place," Dan suggested as he hefted up a bag of equipment to take back to the car.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Calum:

Calum nodded his assent then lit up his pipe again. Once suitably surrounded by tobacco smoke, he energetically but fairly ineffectually attempted to help load goods.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

By the time you loaded the groceries, Mark was smoking a pipe in the alley in front of his store.

All's ready Boys. Pay time. He shot at you while empying out the remnants of his pipe leaf into a bucket. A wide grin seemed to take over his whole face as if it were the only thing he ever did, wrinkles in every possible place. It was a sincere grin.

After paying, he helped you pack everything into the car.

Please make a final list of all the stuff you bought. It'll all sum up to about 35$ by my calculations.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

OOC: Oops, sorry guys, hadn't checked in for a few days. - Andy

I think the total list is:

Four sleeping cots, two shovels, a pick-axe, about 100 feet of good rope, four flashlights (torches), 2 hunting knives, four notebooks, four pens, a ruler, and a map of the city. Plus groceries.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc: Thanks for that, been sort of busy myself as well. List sounds about right to me. Didn't he say something about army rations? Or am I thinking about another game?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Code: Select all

- four sleeping cots
- two shovels
- one pick-axe
- 100 feet of good rope
- four electric torches
- 2 hunting knives
- 4 notebooks
- 4 pens
- 1 ruler
- map of the city
- 4 army rations
- 8 cans of meat
- 4 cans of fish
- 1 loaf of bread
- 2 gallons of drinking water
- bag of apples
- sack of carrots
ooc: 's about right? approve and it's official. I'm taking this to the next meeting point.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Should probably throw some canned fruit and vegetables in there as well.

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”