IC: Scene 3 - The meeting

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

everdarkgreen
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC: Scene 3 - The meeting

Post by everdarkgreen »

Karl too blushes, though in his current state he's unsure of whether it's of embarrassment or intoxication, quickly deciding on both. "Do accept my apologies, er, Miss Wealstone, I do need to learn to restrain myself."

"Ah, well, as for The Miskatonic Trident, it is a small paper I run, I use it as an excuse to explore and fund my true calling as a paranormal investigator." He adjusts his tie, "I've seen the most incredibly unbelievable, all of it! Once, in a small town not far from here, there was a goat... at the top of a staircase! How did that goat get to the top of the staircase?!? It's a mystery. Creeps me out." He gazes off into nothing, shaking his head with confusion wreaking havoc with his brow.

"No apologies, please Miss Wealstone, there was none intended and none taken." He smiles. "Mr. Crigley too suffers heavily from the aftereffects of..." He looks around and whispers, "The sweet nectar of existence."

Karl turns his attention back to Dan, "Truth be told it would not be a first."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Calum opens the door cautiously, glancing around at the occupants. He smiles, walking up to a group of people sitting around a table. Hi there, how's it going? The names Calum.

OOC,mixed up characters. My investigator is actually named Calum ><
Last edited by kouchpotato on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan looks up at Simon, then peers over to Pearl and asks, "Do I have some sort of sign on me saying 'Walk Right Up And Introduce Yourself'?" He chuckled and nodded to Simon, "Well... take a seat fella. Might as well. This here's Pearl, Karl... and I'm Dan. What can we do for you?"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Peearl has a slightly confused look on her face. "Hello there Si ... err I mean Callum." WHo were all these people who kept coming up to her and Dan's table and introducing themselves ... I mean to say ... I have not been in anyone's aquaintence here for even eighteen hours yet and now she is on speaking terms with Dan, Karl and now this stanger Callum. As the silence stretches out, Pear,l never at a loss for words, says;

"Well I know that Dan and I were both at the party last night, I cannot really remember seeing either of you there?" Pearl looks puzzled before adding "But then again, I seem to have been and caught a slight chill iff traipsing around last night."
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Calum smiles. That's quite alright ma'am. He turns to Dan. Mike asked me to fill in for him. Mike Peterson? Something about a haunted house... not really my forte but Mike and I go way back. He had a little bit too much... He makes a drinking motion with his hand and winks. It's a pleasure to meet you all. He takes a seat.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dan nodded and looked to Pearl and said with a wink, "Well, if any of those guys from last night had to show up today, I'm glad it was you." He looked back to the others and said, "We need to form two parties right now. Lots of work to do. Some of us have to go the court house and try to dig up the floor plans for this house as well as any history on it, and information about the neighbors. The others need to head to the store and buy some provisions. We'll all meet up at the library to search the archive newspapers to see if we can find any news articles about the house and its residents. So ... anyone any good at court house documentation?"
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC,OK, one more post from everyone and off you go. just tell me where it is you're going :)
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

OOC: Did I scare y'all away, or do you not know how to click a button ;) Post dammit! :D
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spoiler:
ooc, Guessing that looking for information at the court house records is a Library Use roll... so...
Dan looked uneasily as the others at the table were stuck in an awkward silence, looking toward each other questioningly. He spoke up, "I have better luck at getting good prices than hunting through some old archives. So I think I should go to the store. If anyone can think of anything we might need for our investigation, please speak up and I'll make a list." He looked around again asking, "Who wants to go with me to the store? Because the other two are going to the court house."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

I am used to reading though paperwork fast - I'm an actress you know ... you may remember me in such movies as ... sorry wrong character.

Sorry I been absent for a few days, I have had router problems - but the ol' guy he's back!

Pearl beams at everyone and says;
"I am used to reading though paperwork fast - I'm an actress you know ... so I can go to the court house and see if I can find anything in their archives. Another source may be the local papers. Now I could try and find something in their back issues if you think that is worth looking at. What's the address of this place again ... Oh my head!" Pearls head sinks into her hands as she groans.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Address,I don't think he actually ever said... just 'in the town center'. But would it be safe to assume he gave us the address even though it wasn't written?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Yes,Of course, my bad :) The address is Narrow Lane 34.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

The big man at the table dug in his pockets and pulled out a piece of paper that he had scribbled a note on the night prior. "Narrow Lane 34," Dan commented to the others. "That's a good idea, Pearl. Perhaps with those smashing good looks of yours you can sway the journalists into helping you find something especially useful."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Calum watched the exchange with quiet bemusement. To be honest Dan I don't think there's anything there, and any money spent would be a waste. But that's just me...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"I've been to dozens of stake-outs... and let me tell you, you better be prepared to stick around for several days before we dismiss this as overactive imaginations. We got money up front for some equipment, might as well make ourselves comfortable," Dan responded.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Gaffer »

5 Guy_Grenville.jpg
Smiling at Pearl and patting her hand, Karl says: "Interestingly enough, I myself never suffer from hangovers, but I commiserate with you, dear lady. And with you my friend," nodding at Dan.

"Running my magazine, The Seer, I am quite proficient in researching and would be happy to assist Miss Pearl in that task. Also, I have a fair amount of equipment from my time out West as a young man, if you truly feel we will need to be 'camping out' to do our investigation of 34 Narrow Lane. I could provide a couple of cots and bedding, a fry pan and coffee boiler, some eating utensils and the like. Much better than wasting money on new things, I'm sure you'll agree. What other things do you think we require? I, of course, have my photographic gear in my auto."
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Short and slim as he was, Calum looked for all the world like a be-spectacled mole in a battered seersucker suit, bowtie and fedora.

Positively bouncing with enthusiasm, Calum looked about at the others. "Well, I was more a fan of the bar than the library in my college days, but I'm happy to lend a hand researching."

But if two are already off to do that, why don't I help with provisioning."

That's how we would approach an archeological dig, first provision and check previous records, then start peeling it back."

Calum paused at this point and went from eager puppy to serious mole look, focusing on Karl.

"Is that a German accent, by the way?"
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Gaffer »

Karl smiles at Calum for a moment before replying. He has dealt with unreasoning prejudice caused by his accent -- however slight -- before.

"I was born in Austria, actually," he says slowly, "I'm afraid eleven years in America hasn't sufficed to erase all traces from my speech."

He tosses off the last of his coffee and smiles at his companions. "So, it's settled then? Pearl and Karl will look into dusty old records, while Dan and Calum obtain supplies. I am content to leave our provisioning to your expertise, fellows."
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

A waitress advances to your table, all of you notice the tight dress she is wearing and her swaying hips, the click clack of her high heels. Dark curly shoulder length hair jumping around every which way. She strikes you as desperately trying to pass off as pretty as the rest of her features aren't really all that attractive. She weaves her way around the tables with ease which shows that she's been working here for some time now.

Will there be anything else?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"The check please, dollface," Dan says to the attractive waitress as if it were second nature. "I think we're done here."

He looks to the others as he fishes out his wallet and says, "We'll meet up at the newspaper archives later."

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”