IC: Scene 1 - A party to remember

An old house is shrouded in dark rumours and fearful whispers. Its past residents have all had grisly experiences in there, and the few which are able to speak of it will not. Now, pulled in by the promise of money, several investigators try to find the house's dark secret.

Moderator: zielonobrody

zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: IC: Scene 1 - A party to remember

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan Marrison

Dan says, "Well, I normally work alone, but seeing as how this isn't the standard PI job, I don't mind the company. Could be fun... watching everyone jump at shadows."
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Michael Firdsbee

Actually he lives quite near here. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you dropped by now even. He checks his watch. Yes, it's just nearing 8PM, I'm sure he won't mind. He'll probably be overjoyed that someone wants to take care of his problem. He smiles warily. The address he gives you is the same road you're on, just Little Street 21, not 58, which is where you are. A waitress with wine passes your group.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan Marrison

Dan stands and grabs a wine from the passing waitress. "Thank you, toots," he says lacking cooth. Drinking half of the drink in one gulp he then says to the others, "Well, what are we waiting for? The night is still young. And if nothing pans out from this, then we can always come back for more wine."
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Pearl Wealstone

Well I for one would like to finish my drink and maybe powder my nose before we go if that's alright with you boys? Turning to Firdsbee she asks;

Well Mr. Firdsbee, if there is one thing that acting has taught me, it is that you will never succeed if you don't do enough background research. Is there anything you can tell us, other than what you have already mentioned about this house? Oh! and is there anyone else here tonight that may cast further light upon your friend's strange case?
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Michael Firdsbee

I'm afraid not. He just keeps on complaining that he shouldn't have bought it.
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Dan Marrison

Dan nods, "Right you are, Pearl. A background check on the house may be in order. Unfortunately, all the records will be locked up until morning. Provided we survive," he grins morbidly, "perhaps we can run down to the court house and pull the paperwork at sun rise."

He raises his glass to the vet and says "Thank you for the stories. I'm going to step outside and wait for the lovely Ms. ... um... Pearl to finish prettying herself up." Turning toward the other men, he asks, "Will, Mike... care to join me?"
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Michael Firdsbee

You're a silly bunch. He smiles warmly. You certainly made my day pleasant. Mind you, the address I gave you is my landlords house, not the haunted one. Make sure you look your best for the ghost! He starts laughing and you all find yourselves chuckling along with him. Saying your goodbyes, you make your way to the exit...
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper

Post by zielonobrody »

Pearl Wealstone

"Wealstone, Pearl Wealstone!" She says rising and disappearing to the powder room. Once finished she comes round behind the boys as they let out a collective laugh.

"I hope you boys were not laughing at my expense?" she adds with a smile on her face. "Well I am ready to go! You know something - I got me a good feeling about this!"

Return to “The Haunting (Redux)”