Page 1 of 1

OOC Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:41 am
by zielonobrody
This game is being moved. Should be restarting in a week or so if all goes well.

Re: OOC Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
Present. :)

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:10 pm
by ImpInTraining
Oh, that little buggar tried to stiff us! If we do manage to nab this ghost, I'm going to bring it back to his house and set it free.

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:22 pm
by zielonobrody
:D You might call it absentmindedness. He was sleepy you know ;)

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:26 am
by zielonobrody
I guess we're all set.
kouchpotato,[quote]Currently he is working at the Royal Ontario Museum,identifying artifacts from the tenth Egyptian dynasty, and was on a trip when the call came.[/quote] Where is this trip to pray tell :D If it's Providence like the rest of the investigators are, we can assume that Childs just dropped by an old friend who asked him to fill in for him. how's that? there must be SOMETHING interesting at the Providence museum...
for those of you that don't know how to use a spoiler button:
(spoiler-button)button-caption,spoiler-text(/spoiler-button)

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 pm
by zielonobrody
Roll call!

So who's still in this?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:36 am
by ImpInTraining
Yo.

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:22 pm
by zielonobrody
Yeah, I thought you were still playing. I'm sure cearlan is still with us, I have some rather dim suspicions about the other two. Am I doing something wrong here? let me know, please.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
No ... nothing wrong that I can see. Maybe they were just growing tired of waiting and joined some other game in the interim that takes up their time? I don't know. People like that never made any sense to me. I mean ... GMs go through a lot of effort planning and preparing to run a game. The least the prospective players can do is be patient and advise of any change of plans. Some people are just rude and figure the whole world revolves around them.

You really should try to keep a list of email addresses for your players so if they stop coming to this site, you can still contact them and ask them what's up.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 am
by zielonobrody
This game will be resuming after October 11. I have National Lacrosse Team tryouts on my head. Sorry guys.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
No problem. Good luck.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:20 pm
by Cearlan
Looking forwards to the resumption tomorrow - I hope the try-outs were good!

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:25 am
by ImpInTraining
Ditto. Still present... waiting to smash some ectoplasm out of some ghosties.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:04 pm
by zielonobrody
Sorry, I needed some time off from everything. Tryouts went great, we lost to Latvia 2:16 but I made the cut, so all seems good.

I'll look for new recruits now. Hope you guys are still with me.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
Haven't gone anywhere personally... I'm like a fungus... hard to get rid of.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:42 pm
by zielonobrody
That you are Sir ;) We'll probably have Gaffer playing Karl. Welcome aboard!

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
Welcome aboard indeed... glad to have someone who's still got a pulse running a character or two around here.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:10 pm
by zielonobrody
Mayhaps Take Solo will join with the right motivation. I hope to finish his solo adventure soon.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:00 pm
by Gaffer
Thanks for the welcome. :D

I've posted my version of Karl Werner in Dramatis Personae.

So what's the plan to get rolling again? Are we going to just pick up in the restaurant where Karl is horning in on the job in place of Crigler? Or will we presume that he was at the party and at Kohlberger's(?) house and has all the same background as Dan and Pearl?

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 am
by zielonobrody
no, we're picking up where we left off. Karl got a hint from his friend who was at the party and had a blasting headache in the morning, asked Karl to fill in for him. We'll get rolling as soon as I have my coffee :)

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:46 pm
by zielonobrody
Introducing Andy in the role of Calum Childs! We'll be rolling soon.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Welcome new blood. So far, there's been nothing hair-raising to mention, so this is a great time to jump in.

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:04 pm
by zielonobrody
Wife has today and tomorrow off, so I'll be in guerilla mode. I'll try to post when I get a chance. Don't want her mad :) Should be programming my Masters thesis... see you guys in a bit.

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:23 am
by andyw666
Greetings all! I'm taking over Calum and am looking forward to starting. I'm a big CoC fan and very long time player, and occassional PBEMer. I'm actually posting from Adelaide, SA, Australia, so suspect I am on the other side of the world from most of you, which means day is night and night is day as far as likely posting time are concerned...

Cheers,

Andy

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 pm
by zielonobrody
Let's get this show on the road. Let me know if you guys want to split up or what, where you're going and I'll teleport you there.

Edit: Let your characters discuss it of course.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:45 pm
by ImpInTraining
Yeah, I think we're gonna split up ... the people who are good at research will go to city hall to do some deed checks and try to find floor plans and neighbor information surrounding the house, and the others who aren't so keen on research (myself included) will go to the store to buy provisions.

If there are any provisions that anyone thinks is worthwhile, please post your list now.

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:55 am
by andyw666
Right, I'm obviously in the remedial class for making font colours work. Any tips? Will give it another crack...
Test
Test
Test

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 pm
by zielonobrody
easiest way is to just write all you want to write in the post and then select the portion you want in a different color and click the color.

I edited your post, check out what it looks like via the edit button. the font color #000000 isn't really necessary there as it's default, but I left it anyway.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:43 am
by andyw666
Ah ha! Wakarimashita!

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 am
by zielonobrody
:shock: you got me there...

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 am
by andyw666
Soory, being silly, is Japanese for "understood", more or less.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:32 pm
by zielonobrody
Lol, sorry for the mixup :D My bad :) Continue now.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:25 pm
by ImpInTraining
Heya...

I noticed that my character has no possessions listed. I'm pretty sure I picked some out, but it must have been posted over on darkandmoodyforums.com. :P Bummer. Does this mean I'm naked?

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:41 pm
by zielonobrody
Well you're the one that hass access to the D&M forums archive. did you toss it? I might have that stuff in a PM or sth.

This game is rolling rather slowly. I hope you guys don't mind.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:38 pm
by Gaffer
We're looking for a post over at City Hall so we can continue.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
My games are slower than yours. ;)

Yeah, I think that board is long gone.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:19 pm
by Cearlan
Gaffer wrote:We're looking for a post over at City Hall so we can continue.
Both me and Karl have posted our library use rolls, what are you looking / waiting for?

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:34 am
by Cearlan
I will be away from home all this next week, and internet access where I am bound is absolutly pants - i.e. non-existant. I will post if I possibly can, though I reckon it will be unlikely.

See you around the 18th / 19th

Norm

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:37 pm
by zielonobrody
Summing up:

ImpInTraining has two Good Karma Points which can be used at his discretion. If you fail a critical roll that's in spoiler territory, you can ask him to spend one to get an automatic success.

For Karls rash behavior in the hall of records, I grant myself a Bad Karma Point which I can use at my discretion to make heads roll :twisted: keep that in mind. It can be overridden with Good Karma, and vice versa.

Oh, and your character sheets are sparkling and drawn up. As a reminder, I will post them to you if survive. If you die, I'll burn it, if you go mad I will think of something vile :twisted:

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 pm
by ImpInTraining
I'm taking bids for my karma points. Go to Ebay... :)

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm
by zielonobrody
Gentlemen. Quick poll:
a. I roll the DICE for all rolls as soon as I feel the need for them and post all the information as soon as it is revealed by the dice
b. we use invisiblecastle, I request rolls, no partisans, don't roll if you're not asked to, "I want to try to Fast Talk" is OK but roll only after I give the green light

I choose "a" as I don't feel like waiting for reactions to my "roll for Library use" requests which will be mandatory if we go with "b" and secondly I like rolling dice, it makes the game more pleasant. you?

Till I am overruled, we stick with "a".

Andy, I'm waiting for your move before we go on in the Supplies thread.

As a reminder, I'm usually offline on weekends. If I disappear for over a week, PM me, I will be notified.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:13 pm
by Gaffer
a. is fine with me, but sometimes I might forget.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 am
by andyw666
a. is definitely fine with me too. - Andy

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:52 pm
by ImpInTraining
Being naturally quite lazy, I'm all for 'a'.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:12 pm
by zielonobrody
Everybody already has a passed skill roll, so I guess my dice aren't that bad ;) till the time comes of course :twisted:

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
It's only when we could die from the roll that they betray us. This is just a false feeling of security.

Say... BTW - I should note now that I intend on taking vacation between Christmas and New Years. No telling if I will have the opportunity to post while on the road. So you may have to NPC me if I'm holding things up.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 am
by zielonobrody
No problem. I might not have time either. If there's just one of us posting during holidays, then we'll take a break.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:58 am
by andyw666
I'm actually going to be home holidaying (cheapass that I am) so have no problem continuing to post, except when the Xmas Pudding gets too much. (Xmas in Australia involves way over-eating European style cooked 3 course lunches on what is invariably a quite hot day. Enjoy the snow, all you EU folks.)

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:00 pm
by zielonobrody
We shall resume come New Year. I gotta run. Sorry for the standup.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am
by zielonobrody
Once I get a list of supplies, we can move on to the men meeting in front of the City Hall. Let's call it luck, shall we.

In general, Pearl will be going through the stacks of papers for some time yet, it wouldn't be a bad idea to finish up there first before splitting up again. It isn't a bad place to look ;) But there's a lot to search through, so it'll take time.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:19 am
by zielonobrody
OK. All the weird and hectic stuff in life is over for now. Time to get back to the spirit of things. Let's have a great 2010 everyone and finish this year :D

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm
by ImpInTraining
That death scene for Helen makes Marcus sound like the bad guy. Nevermind the fact that he was yanking people up left and right who couldn't even climb a stinkin' ladder... and nevermind the fact that someone was shooting at Helen to take her out of her misery... but she wasn't even by the ladder. I think the zombies were closer.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
I think you posted this in the wrong forum. If you're talking about the Death Toll blurb in Zombie Apocalypse, I can see what you mean. I did say that "certain men" were to blame for butting ahead of her, but I'll go ahead and edit it to name them - Ho and Victor. They were the ones who pushed ahead of her to save their own skins, and Victor is even more to blame for Helen's death. He was the one who shot at her instead of the one and only zombie that had grabbed her. If he had taken it out, she might still have escaped on her turn. Of course, he missed the shot anyway. What Marcus did do was pull the ladder up (with Victor on it) and leave Helen trapped in the storeroom. The zombies were not between her and the ladder; she was closer to it and could have reached it ahead of the zombies, though the zombies would not have been far behind. She might still have made it out through the vent had it not been for some terrible luck on her part. She might also have failed to get up the ladder had Marcus left it there.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
Not to mention ... get a few zombies on there, and none of us would have been able to pull up the ladder.

It wasn't bad luck all on her part. Victor had well more than his share of bad luck taking up several rounds as he kept slipping on the wet ladder.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:35 am
by zielonobrody
Can you guys take this someplace else please ;) Or am I the only one with the rights to move the posts?

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:56 pm
by ImpInTraining
Yeah, sorry ... don't know why I posted it in The Haunting ...

I'm done tho.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:09 am
by zielonobrody
Seeing as we're missing two players, PM's are being sent. We will continue without them if needs be. I'm guessing you're all off to dinner now anyway.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:17 pm
by ImpInTraining
Roger that boss. Let me know if you need replacements. I might be able to drudge up someone interested.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 pm
by zielonobrody
Let's give them a day or two. I'm quite sure Cearlan will pop up. We may need to replace Andy(as I see he hasn't been online lately), but I've just finished with TakeSolo over in the One Shot Theatre so maybe he'll fill in if Andy's a no-show.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 pm
by Cearlan
Sorry - I thought there was a reason you sent me from the room, so I was waiting for the next command!

You all catch up with Pearl on the steps outside

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:09 am
by zielonobrody
Alrighty :) Sorry for the mixup. Next time if you want to contradict or add to my moves of your character, speak up and I'll rewind :) I'll send you any future findings via PM and try not to assume too much about your decisions.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:41 am
by andyw666
Hi guys, sorry, got a bit vague on checking this game after the whole Xmas / New Year slow down. I am here and will be a tad more loquatious hence forth, ah, assuming I can slot back in? Calum appears to have become an NPC... - Andy

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:05 am
by zielonobrody
Well I usually NPC if someone's away long. Call your move and welcome back :)

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:43 pm
by Gaffer
What's going on?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 am
by zielonobrody
I'll take the time and explain the Spoiler button thingy ;) It works like this:
[ Spoiler-Button ]button text COMMA hidden text[ / Spoiler-Button ]
So the name of the button comes first, a comma like this one "," separates it from the hidden text. Easy peasy ;)
So it would look like this:
button text,hidden text

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 pm
by andyw666
do not press this button,bang.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm
by ImpInTraining
Interesting thing about the word 'lunatic'. Seems long ago, they used to believe that insanity was affected by phases of the moon. Thus, a 'lunatic' was someone who was afflicted with "moon madness". I wonder if the history of werewolves was somewhat related with the word.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 am
by Gaffer
Happy GM's Day! And thanks for this.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:42 pm
by zielonobrody
Sorry guys, I'll move this along tomorrow!

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:51 am
by zielonobrody
What's wrong with Shirley? too cliche? :D

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:14 am
by andyw666
I was channeling the movie 'Flying High'.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:06 am
by andyw666
Go team go! You CAN con/fats talk those loonies into being cooperative!! - Andy/Calum

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:41 pm
by Cearlan
I apologise for the lack of posting recently but I haave been having computer problems that have involved two reformats of my HD and subsequent loss of everything on here, programmes files the lot. But I seem to be getting on top of it now - just have to re-download & reinstall it all again <sigh>

Also, I shall be away from a computer from tomorrow until the 2nd May so could you NPC my character please

Cheers,

Norm

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 am
by zielonobrody
Will do. Take care and good luck.

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:16 pm
by zielonobrody
Long story short, I now have a daughter :) It may take me some time to adjust, bare with me please. I know we haven't been sprinting through the story lately, But I think we have a rather comfortable pace. I'll post the new topic early next week if you all want to go to the house.

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:06 pm
by Gaffer
Congratulations! My own daughter is 24 now and has been a constant joy to me. I wish you all the best.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:33 am
by ImpInTraining
Congrats on the daughter, zielonobrody.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 am
by andyw666
Big congrats!! Welcome to the world of sleep deprivation...

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 pm
by Gaffer
Here's a heads up.

I'll be away from Friday morning 5/21 until Tuesday evening 5/25.

I'm going to New Haven Connecticut to see my daughter get her master's degree from Yale University.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am
by zielonobrody
Oh my word... It's hard to get organized with all this crying around the house! I hope you guys forgive my absence. I think I've managed to sort everything for now, I'll try to get things moving.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
No worries on my account... I'll still be here.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:32 pm
by zielonobrody
I'll be NPCing Pearl as I was asked to by Cearlan.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:19 am
by andyw666
Team, with an uncharacteristic burst of activity, I've copied the various clues we've uncovered into the clues folder. Hope I haven't missed anything. Oh Keeper my keeper, hope you don't mind.

As far as I can recall, everyone knows about all the clues at the moment?

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 pm
by ImpInTraining
Thanks Andy, I'm sure it'll prove very handy.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:02 am
by Cearlan
OK people, time to let you all know what is going on here at Chez Logan.

I was away on a course at the back end of April when totally out the blue, and with no prior incidents - either personally or in the family I suffered a series of seizures, bad enough to hospitalise me for a week. There is a 2 1/2 day period where I have no recollection at all about anything. Add to this I have blanks in my memory which I am hoping are only temporary.

Now they completed all manner of tests, lumbar puncutures, Electro Encephelogram (sp? - EEG anyway) numerous x-rays, scans, drips and 1000 and 1 other things. The end result being that they found nothing wrong with me.

This is worrying in the extreme as my job revolves around remembering stuff at a fairly complex level, and I am growing more and more concerned about this. Enough to say that for the time being Roleplaying is on the back burner for me, sorry about that, but I hope you understand the concerns I have presently. Add to that I have some major life changes about to happen then like Hasturs gaze falls upon the Earth periodically, then my gaze haas fallen elsewhere for the time being.

Sorry to mess you all around - I will be back!

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:20 am
by Gaffer
Best wishes.

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:52 am
by ImpInTraining
Cearlan, terribly sorry to hear that. It must be frustrating for you, and a bit frightening I'm sure. Funny to think that we have been (as a society) going at human biology wholeheartedly for quite a long time and still don't know everything about our bodies, particularly our brain.

Hey, just out of curiousity, did it happen April 20th?

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:13 am
by andyw666
Feel better soon! More holidays I say! - Andy

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:40 pm
by Gaffer
I'm off toward Origins Game Fair Sunday June 20 and won't be back until Tuesday June 29. Not much chance I'll post during that time.

Then I'll be at the beach over the weekend of the 4th. Might have internet connection, but doubtful.

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:49 am
by zielonobrody
Diapers diapers diapers!!!! Or was that supposed to be Hastur? Dang! Someone called the wrathe of the Diapers on me... I'll be posting fridayish from now, to keep the story going. I might get a chance some other days, but that's doubtful.

Cearlan, best wishes to you Kind Sir.

I'll look for an addition to our game so we have some fresh blood to work with and so I have more motivation.

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:49 am
by zielonobrody
ah, and Andy, thanks for keeping the case file fresh.

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 pm
by zielonobrody
Lettuce welcome Reclaimer to the game. His character will be introduced in a bit.

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 pm
by Gaffer
Hullo, Reclaimer, and welcome.

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 pm
by Reclaimer
Hey everybody, glad to bed here. :)

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:31 pm
by ImpInTraining
you slut.

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:13 pm
by zielonobrody
that was so uncalled for, have you been drinking? :D

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
Uncalled for? Did you see what Reclaimer said? He's going to bed here. If he'd bed here, he'd bed anywhere! He's the one who started acting all easy and promiscuous.

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:33 pm
by Reclaimer
My shame has been revealed!

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:43 pm
by zielonobrody
Waiting for Andy to reply to my PM and we'll get going. He has till tomorrow and I'll move him on myself :]

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:40 am
by andyw666
Hey Guys, sorry, vagued out briefly but I'm back! And welcome Reclaimer! - Andy

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 pm
by zielonobrody
what's with the with the dawdling? :) I'm ready to move this thing along, but I need cooperation :)

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:12 am
by ImpInTraining
*shrug* I've been posting... but I'm afraid I must have put the others to sleep. But the coffee's almost done.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:05 am
by zielonobrody
We're making good progress, keep up the fun :)

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:18 am
by andyw666
PING.

Hello??

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 am
by zielonobrody
Sorry. Life caught up somehow. We'll resume on monday.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
No worries on my behalf, buddy. This week we started first article testing on the system I've been designing for the past two years. I've been busier than a fox in a hen house. Probably will continue through next week as well.

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:59 pm
by zielonobrody
Monday was cancelled ;)

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:30 pm
by andyw666
On an unrelated tack, you all may enjoy the following, a reading of HPL's 'The Tomb' on BBC Radio 7 (Internet Station):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007jzmv

Will be there for another 4 days I think. Only about 30 mins. Suitably creepy...

Cheers,

Andy

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 pm
by trixie
I'd be interested in playing, if you're searching out another to play blood sucking practical jokes on..... :D

Cheers - trix

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:56 pm
by Gaffer
I vote yes. ([sub]If I get a vote.[/sub])

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:43 am
by ImpInTraining
Eeek, stalker!

LOL... just joking.

zielonobrody, I told Trixie about your current player need. Didn't figure you'd mind if I brought in some fresh blood.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:08 am
by trixie
eeeep! :( I got a bad visual......FRREEEEEEEEESH BLOOOOOOOOOD MUAH HAHAHA! :lol:

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:55 am
by zielonobrody
I have no problem with that if you want to play Andrew the Salesman. You'll find his stats in the Dramatis Personae thread and all his actions and what he experienced start with IC Scene 9, so read up and get this thing moving :)

And above all, welcome to the game :)

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:48 pm
by Gaffer
I'm going to have an outpatient procedure tomorrow afternoon and expect to be recuperative on Friday. So, I probably won't be posting after tonight until Saturday sometime.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:06 pm
by zielonobrody
My apologies. I don't get to use the computer much recently, hence the silence on my part. We will continue later today hopefully.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm
by Gaffer
Well, my outpatient exploratory heart catheterization on Thursday found three seriously blocked coronary arteries, which developed into a three day hospital stay and placement of three stents ( little blood vessel liners to expand the arteries into something like full flow.

So I'll be catching up with my posts over the next day or so.

In a couple of two weeks I'll go back to have the other blockage stented.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:02 pm
by ImpInTraining
@ Gaffer - wow... that kind of sucks. Glad you're back online now, and hopefully on your way to a full and speedy recovery.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 pm
by zielonobrody
Apologies once again. I must take a break for now, I have to finish my masters thesis by mid December and tie up some loose ends and I can't focus on providing you with a decent gaming experience at this time. I'll PM you all when I have enough time to dedicate myself to your fun. Sorry, life :)

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:20 pm
by Gaffer
Okay. So long for now, folks.

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:07 am
by zielonobrody
I should be free in under a month, I hope you guys are still interested in playing.

Cheers,
Piotr

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:53 pm
by ImpInTraining
Not going anywhere...

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
Any chance to revive this story?

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:12 am
by zielonobrody
Perfect timing Chief :)

I must say I was expecting my examination to go quicker, but as I flunked the first exam, and the second a week later too, I was unable to revive the story. BUT I had my exam yesterday and I finally passed!!!! WEEEEEE!!!! :D I'm a Master of Automated and Robotics Engineering, spec. Photonics and Opthalmology Technician :D Without a job :P So I'm now at your disposal again and will be more than happy to return with the rest of the story.

Can I get a head count? :)

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:18 pm
by ImpInTraining
Present, of course... and congratulations!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:24 am
by zielonobrody
This looks like it's not going to go anywhere ;)

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:05 pm
by andyw666
Woa! Just i-wandering past and happened to notice life in the old adventure! Oh GM, if you still want me as a player, am about, just give the word. - Andy (and Calum)

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:31 am
by zielonobrody
Absolutely :)

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:42 pm
by zielonobrody
I have a busy weekend ahead, so expect the story to resume Monday-Tuesday-ish. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:06 pm
by AlexanderCecena
Oh thank god, SAT Exams tomorrow and I've been having a rough week anyways. I'll be better for Monday-Tuesday

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:52 pm
by zielonobrody
I should have something for you in the morning (CET).

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:41 pm
by andyw666
Woo Hoo! The game's afoot (again)!

Just to remind you other players, I was trying to post our discoveries in the Clues and Info file, which I'll update again tomorrow. - Andy

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:38 pm
by SPLH
Hello everyone,

I am the new guy ! Well, technically, I am going to take on the part of Michael "Mike" Peterson, MD : http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=297525, who left the party after scene 2. I will join the diner right now and you can tell me all about your day.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:15 pm
by zielonobrody
Welcome to the game :)

I apologize if you don't remember Mike Peterson. It was a long time ago ;) If I screwed up as to who replaced who for the first meeting in the diner I also apologize, but, well it doesn't really matter for the game's sake :P

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:32 pm
by ImpInTraining
FYI - while Dan is in the hospital (no doubt flirting with all the nurses to pass the time), I'll be portraying the part of Karl Werner, Psychic Investigator & Publisher of The Seer.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm
by zielonobrody
I see we're kraken ;) lol. I finally got to lacrosse practice today, and the team cried "Yeti" when they saw me. Yeah, I haven't seen them in a year. Glad to have things back to normal, forum, lacrosse, etc. Glad to have you guys (still) playing with me. I hope we all have fun :) <cue the rolling dice and maniacal laughter in the background>

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:29 am
by andyw666
Welcome new player! The more the merrier!! - Andy

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:21 pm
by zielonobrody
Fresh blood. mmm, tasty :twisted:

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:41 pm
by zerostate
Hi,

I'm joining too. I will be playing Will Crigler.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:59 pm
by zielonobrody
zerostate,Go ahead and enter the diner. You recognize a one Calum Childs at the diner sitting at a table with a group of other people, most likely investigators. You also recognize Mike Peterson, who was at the party the evening before yesterday where this all started. Good luck! :D

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:53 am
by zielonobrody
Let's go let's go, weekend is over, time to get going. Your sanity is just waiting to be lost, lots and lots coming your way ;) And your lives are at stake too :D Let's get rolling people, we had a nice burst of speed last week, let's not waste it :)

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
Yeah, sorry ... PlayStation Network finally came back up and demanded my attention.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 am
by zielonobrody
I really like the way we're rolling here, but let's head towards a decision please :) You have a new uninvestigated clue I might add ;)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:57 pm
by zielonobrody
Hand over the Play Stations ;)

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 am
by ImpInTraining
Got a new computer ... just got caught up with all the other stuff I had to do first. But I'm ready to get back to business.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:06 am
by andyw666
Oops, sorry guys, got REAL busy at work last week. Back with you all now. Cheers - Andy

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm
by zielonobrody
Sorry for the delay. Busy week. Time for some new threads I believe. I'm on it.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:26 pm
by zielonobrody
Introducing another player for Mike Peterson. Please stay :D

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:37 pm
by ImpInTraining
Hello new players. Glad to have you along.

It was getting a mite lonely there for a spell.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:37 pm
by MLKane
hey, I should be able to start posting tomorrow, unfortunately today I'm busy :)

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 am
by andyw666
And a big welcome from me, if not my highly prejudiced PC! - Andy

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:27 pm
by MLKane
sorry to ask but, I'm not entirely sure where my character is right now, is he with the others heading for the chapel or is he elsewhere?

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:14 am
by zielonobrody
Everyone is currently still by Mr. Dooley's kiosque, it's up to you where you'll be headed. I believe we have two wanting to read the diary, and two heading to look for the chapel.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:14 am
by ImpInTraining
I think Will had a change of heart, Karl might be banging his head on that diary alone.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 am
by zielonobrody
Yes yes, I noticed that. But Karl can have the NPC and by all means go harass Dan in the hospital ;)

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:15 pm
by zielonobrody
In other news, I'm starting work on Friday, so there'll be less of me available. such is life, 26, married, 14mo daughter, needs to work ;) But we've sort of reached a steady if slow pace, which I won't have much problem maintaining even with my new timetable. If I ever disappear, feel free to harass me via PM, I receive email notification, and will duly reply :) Not that it's likely to happen mind you.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:01 pm
by zielonobrody
In other news, when I get the chance to post a new thread for the "notebook reaserch team", Mr. Imp will be returning to his old character and BenTheRat will be taking over Karl. Andrew will continue on as an NPC until we find someone for him :) Should have something for you guys over the weekend. Ta ta for now :)

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 pm
by BenTheRat
Looking forward to it, and glad to be here. Let's put this house to rest, shall we.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:51 pm
by ImpInTraining
Time to activate multiple personality # 537... Dan Marrison. Surprised he hadn't been kicked out of the hospital for how many nurses' behinds he'd been pinching.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:53 pm
by BenTheRat
or maybe not?? Keeper, you out there?

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 am
by zielonobrody
Dan, Karl and Andrew continue here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 156&t=2628

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:08 pm
by ImpInTraining
It's kind of messed up, boss-man. You start a thread for us to study and interact, then you force the others to leave with non-visitor hours.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:18 pm
by BenTheRat
He figured you didn't have anything worthwhile to say anyway. ;)

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 pm
by zielonobrody
no no no. The nurse has entered and is trying to kick them out. Your move now:)

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 pm
by zielonobrody
I can't believe this game started two years ago. Wow. And it's just a one-two session game normally. Go figure. I'm happy we're still going though:)

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:29 pm
by royya
Hi everyone,

I will take over Andrew. I read what you did so far, quite impressive.
Good luck to us.

Roy

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 pm
by BenTheRat
Welcome to the group Roy.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
Hi Roy... welcome and all that...

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 pm
by zielonobrody
I think we have a solid group of players that will take us through to the end of the game by summer's end. Please let us know if you're planning any vacation anytime soon. I'm newly-employed, so no chance for vacation in the next few months ;) Weekends are still tougher for me to post than regular days, I will be writing from work as it's not very consumimg most of the time.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:45 pm
by ImpInTraining
Don't be all obvious about it or you'll find IT put a block on the firewall. Bastards are like that.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 pm
by zielonobrody
We take turns with the computer. I work in sales and the market is slow. The boss isn't around much anyway. I'll turn on cookie cleaning in our browser and nobody will ever know ;) I'm generally the IT specialist :P

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:24 pm
by zielonobrody
We'll have to put the "notes" party on hold while the other part of the group catches up in game time. Let's hope they move quickly :) up and atom!

Do we have someone playing Mike Peterson or is he dead silent? Speak up player! :)

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:04 am
by BenTheRat
Ah man, and I just lost my first sanity points, it was getting good. ;)

Just let us know when we can get at it again.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
You should just whip up some crazy dream sequence to keep us busy. lol.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:57 pm
by BenTheRat
Hot DAMN, how the hell did all 3 of us pass that sanity check with Cthulu busting in the window and eating the pilot and co-pilot. Totally awesome. Too bad it's probably all some dream and wasted!!

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 pm
by ImpInTraining
Definitely a dream, but I don't think it's Cthulhu ... don't remember him having suckers. But yeah... that's quite a string of luck. Let's hope it holds.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:21 pm
by royya
Can it be an elder thing ? :?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 am
by zielonobrody
Does it really matter what it is? It's only a dream ;)

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 pm
by royya
zielonobrody wrote:Does it really matter what it is? It's only a dream ;)
Sometimes dreams come true :)

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:32 pm
by ImpInTraining
Apparently it matters enough to cost us sanity...

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:04 pm
by BenTheRat
All I know it was nasty enough to jump on our plane, eat our pilot, grab the co-pilot, and drag him out on the wing for an after meal snack???

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 pm
by zielonobrody
royya wrote:Sometimes dreams come true :)
My thoughts exactly :twisted:

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:35 pm
by zielonobrody
Roy, still waiting on that parachute roll I believe.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:25 pm
by bandersnatch217
Hello! It looks like I'm going to be taking over the role of Mike. This will be my first PbP game, and I'm really looking forward to it! :-)

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:28 pm
by BenTheRat
Welcome bander, have fun and stay active. ;)

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 pm
by zielonobrody
BenTheRat wrote:Welcome bander, have fun and stay active. ;)
+100!!! :D

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 pm
by zielonobrody
Apologies chaps. I'm swamped at work. I'll try to get a few words in tomorrow morning. The other sales personell is either sick or on holidays this week, so it's a rough week. I'll reply to your PM's soon and we'll get this moving again by Friday I promise.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:47 am
by andyw666
Guys, much fun as it is to watch half the party being slain in a terribly bad dream, I'm thinking that we could reunite the two teams if those of us at the chapel head off for some 1st aid and a night's sleep. Then, assuming the other PCs wake up at all, we could regroup and re-do the chapel the next day?

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:32 am
by royya
andyw666 wrote:Guys, much fun as it is to watch half the party being slain in a terribly bad dream, I'm thinking that we could reunite the two teams if those of us at the chapel head off for some 1st aid and a night's sleep. Then, assuming the other PCs wake up at all, we could regroup and re-do the chapel the next day?
Like!

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:12 pm
by BenTheRat
I think we have woke up, we are mainly waiting on you guys to get through the night and catch up.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:15 pm
by ImpInTraining
Well, I'm still in the middle of it. Luck's been on my side thus far. (*knocking on virtual wood*)

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 am
by zielonobrody
That's fine by me.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:08 am
by zielonobrody
Just so you know I'm not going to kill you off in adrenaline induced glee. I will break minor rules and let you reroll crucial rolls to save your characters from irreversible doom/death/madness. Unless you wish to perish, no problem ;)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
nice to know. ;)

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:21 pm
by zielonobrody
A few things for thought as I don't have time to post more right now, will continue Monday.

1. The book is in Latin
2. It's in really bad shape. A trip to the MU would be great, but it'll stay there and be under examinations for a long time. It's practically falling apart in your hands.
3. Dan should have caught on by now that the others also were mentioning a similar dream ;)
4. The meals were delicious :D
5. Sure, you'll get some HP back. I'll look into it Monday. Thanks for the reminder :)

Safe weekend!

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
zielonobrody wrote:A few things for thought as I don't have time to post more right now, will continue Monday.

3. Dan should have caught on by now that the others also were mentioning a similar dream ;)
Unless you're implying that there was additional conversation going on outside of the scope of our IC posts, then I don't see how that could be true. Dan was the only one who actually mentioned specifics about the dream.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:56 pm
by zielonobrody
seems I misread, Dan thinks he had the dream alone. Apologies.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:41 am
by andyw666
Guys, bit of HP Lovecraft material for your interest: BBC Radio 4 Extra has just broadcast 'The Shadows Over Innsmouth' in 5 x 30 min parts as a sort of audio book with some audio SFX. I think I may have mentioned BBC radio previously did 'At the Mountains Of Madness'. Both are really good.

You can download at least Shadows and possibly still Mountains, apparently quite legally, from the following archive site: www.radioarchive.cc - but you have to create a login account with minimal details. If you don't want to do that, I have them both saved although file transferring them may be a challenge...

I'm a fan of audio stuff and I cannot recommend these both too highly!

Cheers,

Andy

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 am
by zerostate
I got lost... Where am I thread-wise. I thought I was going back to the chapel.

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:58 am
by andyw666
zerostate wrote:I got lost... Where am I thread-wise. I thought I was going back to the chapel.
Yeah, everyone except Karl is heading to the chapel (correct me if I'm wrong, somebody). The intrepid investigators have just detoured via the dread house as we rather foolishly left all our equipment there. The idea was to zip in, grab our stuff, then continue on to the chapel. Of course, that was the plan...

Refer to the thread headed "Off Exploring".

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:32 am
by BenTheRat
Yea and I am on my way to the university with the book. The plan is to get what quick info I can from it that will help us now and then leave it with the professor for more detailed investigation that we can get later if necessary.

No thread on it.

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 am
by zerostate
Thanks - I guess I missed the post where we were detouring to the house.

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:21 pm
by royya
zerostate wrote:Thanks - I guess I missed the post where we were detouring to the house.
Now with what Andrew saw i the second story there are two options
1. fleeing quickly to the chapel with horror.
2. Stay in the house w/o going to the chapel.

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:19 pm
by zielonobrody
I guess we lost Mike again.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:06 pm
by Seon
So where can I find more information on what this Mike character had done so far?

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:09 am
by andyw666
Oops, sorry guys, on leave, limited Internet access this week. - Andy

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:55 am
by ImpInTraining
FYI - I'll be a bit busy for the next 2-3 weeks due to work needs. I don't know if I'll find much time to post. So please feel free to NPC Dan as necessary if I'm holding anything up.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:38 pm
by zielonobrody
Imp: Roger
Andy: 'scool
Seom: PM'd you.

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:15 am
by Seon
I cannot seem to find my own stats :S... Can anyone send a link to it's page as well?

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:50 am
by andyw666
Seon wrote:I cannot seem to find my own stats :S... Can anyone send a link to it's page as well?
Go to the thread headed "Dramatis Personae" (currently 7th thread down on the Haunting board). Mike is the third of the characters in that thread. There's a link on his entry that takes you to a character sheet.

Cheers,

Andy :)

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:02 am
by Seon
Could I know where Mike is located in Scene 15? Everyone went off and did their own things, leaving him behind...

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:47 am
by andyw666
Seon wrote:Could I know where Mike is located in Scene 15? Everyone went off and did their own things, leaving him behind...
The default position for our heroic PCs is at the House, in theory to collect all the kit we left there in our haste to depart... So I think it's safe to assume that Mike is with the others upstairs but not (yet) in the attic. Note that Calum is hollering at him to come and autopsy a bloodless rat (how demeaning to a doctor!!).

Andy

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 pm
by zielonobrody
Damn, looks like i mixed up Mike with Will :D Sorry Seon. I hope you're OK with playing a doctor :)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:26 pm
by zielonobrody
What next? There isn't anything else in the attic, just the dead rat.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 am
by andyw666
My strong suggestion is we get the hell out of the house as fast as possible, and head off as planned to explore the chapel. I think we need more investigating in other directions before we take on the house again!!

Presumably, even little Calum has managed to get all the party equipment into the vehicles by now!

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree... on with the chapel before something decides to smush us.

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:24 am
by zerostate
Sorry for not being around for a while. Can I be NPC'd for a few days? I'll be back around Friday.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:10 am
by BenTheRat
I know I've been gone, but it doesn't look like my guy has made it to the univ yet. So I haven't missed anything.

I'm back if thats ok?

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 pm
by andyw666
Hmmm... Bad sign. :cry:

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:34 pm
by ImpInTraining
Yeah, Z hasn't been on for almost a month.

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:53 pm
by ImpInTraining
Well, if somehow this game gets a breath of life breathed into it, know that I'm going to be on vacation from March 24th through March 31st.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm
by zielonobrody
Good day. I’ve messaged most everyone, apologies if I missed anyone. Long story short, life has brought CoC back into my lap, with a bit of freedom from the kids every now and then. The Lady Wife is also interested so I did not ask twice. This reminded me I had a brief encounter with forum gaming as I opened up my book to the Haunting. Roll the dice!

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:46 pm
by andyw666
Wow, the heady, innocent days of 2011. The world seemed somehow energised and full of hope. I didn't have thinning hair on the top of my head. I think I was playing this using a netbook and a USB internet connection. - Andy

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm
by zielonobrody
Well it seems you are the only one to reply and it hardly seems fair to NPC the rest. I have a player lined up though so if none of the remaining active users reply, we will go along that route to wrap up the affair. I'll wait till Sunday, that should be enough time for everyone to log in and reply.

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:36 am
by andyw666
Would it be worth posting an add in the 'players wanted' section of the board?

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 am
by Raiko
Sadly this game looks like it needs archiving now.

zielonobrody hasn't logged in this year. Andy logged on in August, but I think that was because I PMed him an invite to my MoN game.

I'll move it to the graveyard next week, if nobody kicks it into life.