by Tabs
Mythos Card
Strange Lights on Campus!
Headline
Open Gate and Spawn Monster Woods - R'lyeh - Mi-Go
Place Clue Token Historical Society
Move Monsters no movement
Activate Card's Special Ability

The Library, Administration Building, and Science Building are all closed until the end of next turn. Leave this card in play to indicate this.

Re: IC Arkham Horror

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 am
by Tabs
Turn 1
Player Order

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep
Velma's Diner
Gloria stretches, then drains her coffee cup and stubs out her cigarette. She is ready.
OOC,Speed > 1 Sneak < 1 Gloria intends to move to the Graveyard.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:10 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep
Curiosity shop
Jack decides to look for some clue about the mysterious man.
OOC,no change in speed and sneak Jack pretends to go to Easttown

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 1
OOC,You may want to reconsider that move for [b]Monty[/b]. There's nothing to do in the Easttown streets. It would be better to go to Independence Square instead, or to increase your Speed and go to Hibb's Roadhouse. That way you can pick up a clue and have an encounter. [b]Dexter[/b] does not refresh any cards. He does not have any upkeep activiites. He does not move his sliders. [b]Dexter[/b] plans to spend 1 movement point reading Nameless Cults (exhausting it) and 3 moving to the Historical Society, gaining 2 Clue Tokens. I went ahead and carried out my Movement Phase actions, as you've already posted your moves and nothing you do will affect it. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1998541/]Lore(-1) roll (4-1=3 dice) reading Nameless Cults (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] succeeds at reading Nameless Cults. He loses 1 Sanity and draws 2 Spells as per his special ability: Wither and Find Gate (sweet!). He keeps Find Gate and discards Wither. He then discards Nameless Cults. The Spells deck now has Wither at the bottom, followed by Mists of Releh above it. The Unique Items deck now has Nameless Cults at the bottom, followed by Silver Key. [b]Dexter[/b] will gain 2 Clue Tokens when he arrives at the Historical Society.

Dexter Drake removes his top hat and opens the door to Ye Olde Magick Shoppe. An ancient bell tinkles overhead as he walks in, his black cape swirling about him. The shopkeeper behind the counter, Miriam Beecher, looks up when she hears the sound. "How can I help you, sir?" she asks.

"Good day, ma'am," says Dexer, bowing deeply. "I am Dexter Drake, magician at large." He conjures a bouquet of flowers seemingly from nowhere and hands it to her. "I understand that you have knowledge of the arcane arts. The true arcane arts."

Miriam blushes as she takes the flowers. "Thank you, sir," she says. "I am Miriam Beecher. I know a few bits and pieces of ancient lore, yes. There are various scrolls and tomes for sale in my shop if you're interested." She reaches behind the counter and takes out an old book, placing it on the counter. She blows the dust off of it. It is clear that the book has not been touched in years. "This one in particular may interest you. It is called Nameless Cults, translated from the original German Unausprechlichen Kulten in 1845 by Bridewell of England. It is rumored to have certain magickal spells within its covers, but they come at a cost. Be careful, lest it destroy your very soul."

"How much do you want for it?"

Miriam shakes her head. "Take it. I'd rather not keep the accursed thing in my shop any longer. I sense something in the air...a change is coming."

"Thank you, my dear." Dexter takes the book. "So you sense it too? Tell me, have there been any strange happenings in Arkham lately?"

"Always. If everything were normal, that would be an unusual occurrence. Most recently, there have been some strange lights on the Miskatonic University campus, and classes have been canceled today. Also odd sounds have been heard coming from the Historical Society. It's just down the road to the east, before the South Church. You can't miss it. The building is also supposed to sit on a ley line."

"Really? I shall have to see it for myself. I am sure I will be returning to see what other magick and knowledge you have. Farewell." He snaps his fingers, and a puff of black smoke surrounds him. When it clears, he is gone.

Miriam shakes her head again. "Show off."
Dexter finds a quiet spot in the Uptown streets and sits down to examine his new book. The cover actually creaks when he opens it, and he begins to study the text within. Suddenly, his mind is flooded with understanding as he learns about the portals of power between worlds - and how to locate them. That knowledge comes at a price just as Miriam Beecher had said, however, as it shakes him to the core to learn how insignificant he and the tiny planet on which he stands are in the vast cosmos. The tome feels increasingly hot in his hands, and he is forced to drop it to avoid injury. Then it bursts into flame, and he watches in awe as it is utterly consumed. With no more fuel, the fire dies out, leaving not even a trace of the book's existence. Shuddering, he walks briskly away, heading for the Historical Society.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:44 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement
Velma's Diner - Graveyard
Gloria passed a dilapidated seventeenth-century tomb in the old burying ground in Arkham. She looked toward a giant willow in the cemetery, whose trunk had nearly engulfed an ancient, illegible slab and speculated fantastically about the spectral and unmentionable nourishment the colossal roots must be sucking from that hoary, charnel earth.
OOC,1 Clue Token taken from Graveyard.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:24 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement
OOC: Ok, so I will take Monterey to invisited island, since I can decide now where to go.

Jack thought that someone with robes would be too much conspicious in the street; it would be more logical that the person would be in a isolated place. Having heard of an isolated island near Arkham, Jack decide to start his inquire there. After passing by the noisy merchant district, he found himself suddenly in the nature, without a sound. No birds, insects, nothing. Jack was starting to think if going to the unvisited island all alone, had been a wise decision.
OOC,1 Clue Token taken from the Invisited sland

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 1
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 1 movement point reading Nameless Cults (exhausting it) and the remaining 3 moving to the Historical Society, gaining 2 Clue Tokens. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1998541/]Lore(-1) roll (4-1=3 dice) reading Nameless Cults (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] succeeds at reading Nameless Cults. He loses 1 Sanity and draws 2 Spells as per his special ability: Wither and Find Gate (sweet!). He keeps Find Gate and discards Wither. He then discards Nameless Cults. The Spells deck now has Wither at the bottom, followed by Mists of Releh above it. The Unique Items deck now has Nameless Cults at the bottom, followed by Silver Key. [b]Dexter[/b] gains 2 Clue Tokens at the Historical Society, bringing his total to 2.

Dexter Drake approaches the Historical Society building in Southside cautiously. The old building is itself historical. Nobody is about right now, so he creeps around the outside quietly to find out what he can before announcing his presence. As he is circling around the back, he hears chanting from an upstairs window: "Ia, Yog-Sothoth! The Key and the Gate!" A shiver goes down his spine as he recognizes the name of the Ancient One and the phrase to describe him from his study of Nameless Cults. Yog-Sothoth is responsible for these gates to other worlds mentioned in the tome. I've come to the right place, he thinks. The chanting has stopped, but he must discover who was chanting and why. He returns to the front of the building, summons up his courage, and walks in through the front door.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:05 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter
Graveyard
You find a man painting a picture of one of the horrible gargoyles lining the walls of the graveyard. Seeing you, he introduces himself as Richard Upton Pickman, a painter visiting from Boston. If you spend monster trophies that have a total of 5 toughness etc.
OOC,Gloria was getting excited until she read the part about the monster trophies! Nothing happens.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:59 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack encounter
Jack in frustration looked at the sky and suddenly was filled with terror: some strange stars where visible in the sky! Still recovering from the fright. This wasn't probably a coincidence.
OOC,Unvisited island: looking at the night sky from the island, you see a constelation, etc. Lose 1 sanity and gain 1 Clue Token.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 1
OOC,"You encounter a friendly old professor from Miskatonic University. If you spend 1 gate trophy, he introduces himself as [b]Professor Armitage[/b] and offers to join forces with you. Take his Ally card if it is available, otherwise draw 1 Unique Item. Nothing happens, as [b]Dexter[/b] has no gate trophies.

Dexter sees an old man sitting in a chair in the lounge wearing a leather jacket with tweed patches and reading a book. He looks up when he hears the door open and greets Dexter with a smile. "Good day, sir," he says.

"Good day," replies Dexter. "I'm Dexter Drake. You must be a professor at Miskatonic University unless I miss my guess." The professor nods. "Have you ever heard of the name Yog-Sothoth before?"

He scratches his head. "That name does sound familiar. I probably did come across it in my studies at some point. Why do you ask?"

"I read about it in a book called Nameless Cults, which referred to it as 'The Key and the Gate.' It said a lot more about mystical gates between worlds. There was also someone upstairs chanting it as I was approaching the building."

"Really?" He rises. "I shall have to go see. If you learn anything more about these gates, come see me and let me know."

"It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope we cross paths again." Dexter shakes the professor's hand before the old man goes upstairs.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:49 am
by Tabs
Mythos Card
Bizarre Dreams Plague Citizens!
Headline
Open Gate and Spawn Monster Science Building - Great Hall of Celeano - Zombie
Place Clue Token The Witch House
Move Monsters no movement
Activate Card's Special Ability

All Gugs and Nightgaunts in Arkham are returned to the cup. If at least one monster returns to the cup, raise the terrror level by 1.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:49 am
by Tabs
Turn 2
Player Order

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:14 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep-Turn 2
Jack has decide to leave that acursed Unvisited Island as quickly as possiblen not thinking in any place in particular to go.
OOC,Speed3>4, Sneak 1<0

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 2
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] decreases Speed from 4 to 3 and increases Sneak from 2 to 3. [b]Dexter[/b] decreases Lore from 4 to 3 and increases Luck from 2 to 3. [b]Dexter[/b] intends to go to the Silver Twilight Lodge, unless nobody else wants to visit the Witch House.

The professor stops as another man enters the front hall from a side door and calls out "Professor Armitage!"

"Yes?" he asks.

"I just got a telephone call for you from the University. They've reopened and started classes again, but it appears that they shouldn't have. A graduate student was conducting an experiment in the Science Building and...well...something went wrong."

Armitage returns downstairs at a run. "What kind of experiment?"

"Something about reanimation of dead tissue or some such."

Armitage throws on his coat. "Sounds like something that fellow West would do. I'd better get over there." He rushes out the front door, then calls back to Dexter. "If you're interested in learning more, you might want to visit the Silver Twilight Lodge over in French Hill. They have all sorts of old books and artifacts. But be careful - there are some odd goings-on there, to say the least!" And with that, Armitage is out the door and gone.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:39 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep
OOC,Speed > 4 Sneak< 0 / Fight < 1 Will > 4 Gloria decides to close the gate at the Science Building.

She has a vision of a dark shadow covering the Science Building and a gate punched open to another world, Yog-Sothoth is tightening its grip on Arkham; also a shambling thing, teeth dripping as it groans its horrible cry is loose in the town.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:19 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 2

Escaping from the dread island, Monterey was happy to return to civilization. But a strange and ruined house called his attention, and against better judgement, he entered.
OOC,Monterey goes to the witch house and collects the 2 clues.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 2
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 movement points going to the Silver Twilight Lodge. He gains 1 Clue Token there.

Following the directions that Professor Armitage gave him, Dexter Drake walks to French Hill and soon finds the Silver Twilight Lodge. The windows are lit with an eerie yellow light, and from within he can hear the faint sound of chanting, though he cannot make out any of the words. They don't seem to be English, nor any language which is familiar to him. Certain that he's on the right track, he heads inside.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:30 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement
Graveyard - Science Buiding
OOC,4 movement points spent. Zombie Horror check - Will 4[color=#0080FF]-1[/color]=3d6, 2 6 6 Fight check - Fight 1[color=#008040]+4[/color][color=#FF4040]-1[/color]=4d6, 1 2 5 5 1 Monster Trophy.

There was no-one at the Science Building, all seemed eerily quiet. Gloria considered what she should do next. Around the side of the building a waving bush catches her eye, she stares at it, then her eyes widen, a decrepit human-like monster - who looks like a corpse buried for 10 years, is sloshing towards her. Gloria draws the heavy .45 Automatic from her handbag and coolly waits until the Zombie is within range, aims at its yellow forehead and squeezes the trigger; with a sigh it drops to the ground.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack encounter turn 2

Monterey entered th house. The place had an aura menacing, and not just because it was menacing crumbling. No, it was something different. Like if someone or something evil was watching him. And suddenly he had an enourmes surprise: a dinning room full of food. Different kind of meats, tasty fruits, cakes, exotic wines, a true banquet was prepared. But Jack could't see anyone. Was it some surprise dinner? And Jack stomach started to make strange noises: he didn't have eat since the morning. Surely nobody would miss just some some apples... or a steack. After some minutes, he had lost compketly his manners and was eating like if there was no tomorow, losing all caution. And getting dizzy. He vomited, and decide to sitt a bit to recover. Lucky for him, it wasnt' anything serious.

OOC,The witch house. You find a banquet laid out in the dining room... I had 1 sucess, so in turn 3 I will stay at the witch house.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 2
OOC,"Care to join the order?" Carl Sanford and several of his henchman ask... [b]Dexter[/b] decides to join the Silver Twilight Lodge. He spends $3 and gains a Silver Twilight Membership.

As soon as Dexter enters the lavishly decorated lobby of the lodge, he is met by a tall, grim-looking man and several muscular men surrounding him, all of them wearing black robes. The tall man approaches Dexter with a smile on his face. "Greetings," he says. "I am Carl Sanford, leader of the Silver Twilight Lodge. And you, I can tell by your aura that you are a seeker of arcane knowledge. You have much talent...Dexter Drake."

"My reputation precedes me," says Dexter. "Yes, I am a magician of some renown, and I do come seeking knowledge of things magickal, of gates, and of Yog-Sothoth."

"All this knowledge and more would be available to you...if you were to become one of us. We share your interests, Mr. Drake. Care to join the Order? I do not extend this offer to everyone, only to those worthy of membership."

Dexter doesn't hesitate. Though he doesn't trust Sanford for a second, he knows that joining this group may be the best way to get the information he seeks. "Thank you. I gratefully accept."

"There is the small matter of lodge dues. Three dollars, paid regularly. Your first payment is due upon joining."

"Of course." Dexter reaches into his pocket and withdraws three silver dollars, then hands them over.

"Welcome to the Order of the Silver Twilight."

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:21 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 2
Great Hall of Celeano
OOC,A glimpse of home gives you hope. Gain 1 Sanity.
In the shadow of the Science Building she sees a curious heat haze, it shimmers like blazing sun on a hot tin roof. Gloria steps into the gate, immediately she finds herself in a cloud wracked world with a towering, pyramidal structure ahead. The clouds briefly part and Gloria glimpses an image of Arkham; she will soon be home again.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:45 pm
by kabukiman
Mythos card

The story continues...
Shuffle the mythos deck, being sure to include this card in it. After the deck is shuffleed, drama new mythos for the turn.

Big Storm sweeps arhkam!
All monsters in the sky and Oustise are returned to the Cup.
Clue appears at:
The Unnamable

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:51 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Finishing up Turn 2's Mythos Phase: A doom token is added, raising the total to 3. Another gate to the Great Hall of Celeano opens in Independence Square (the Clue Token there is removed from the board). A Ghost emerges there. A Clue Token is added to The Unnamable. No monsters move. The Ghost's moon symbol matches, but it is a stationary monster.
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 3
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases Speed from 3 to 4 and decreases Sneak from 3 to 2 [b]Dexter[/b] plans to go to the Unnamable.

"If you want to learn more about the gates," says Carl Sanford, "I recommend you visit a house in the Merchant District known only as The Unnamable. Strange things are said to happen there, and the fabric between worlds is weak in that place." He gives Dexter directions to get there.

Dexter nods. "Thank you," he says. "I shall check it out the first chance I get."

"Good luck, Mr. Drake. Feel free to return any time you need further guidance."

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:16 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep -Turn 3
OOC,Speed < 2 to 2 Sneak > 2 to 2
In the distance Gloria spies another exit from Celeano.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:41 am
by kabukiman
OOC,Speed-4<3,Sneak-0>1,Fight-4<3,Will-1>2
Monterey decide to stay in the house and investigate a bit more. Suddenly he heard a sound...

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 3
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 4 movement points moving to The Unnamable. He collects 2 Clue Tokens there, bringing his total to 5. [b]Gloria[/b] will move to the second area in the Great Hall of Celeano in her movement, and [b]Monterey[/b] doesn't move; he only stands back up. I'll go ahead and process my encounter phase too: "Pass a Luck (-1) check to find a hidden cache concealed in the wall of an upstairs bedroom. Draw 1 Unique Item." [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2010831/]Luck (-1) check in The Unnamable (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] succeeds at his Luck (-1) check. He finds Cultes Des Goules.

Dexter leaves the Silver Twilight Lodge and walks through the streets of Arkham. Eventually he reaches the Merchant District, and it doesn't take him long to find the house that Carl Sanford told him about. The building is derelict, and though he gets an odd sensation about it, he doesn't see anything out of the ordinary yet. "Doesn't look so bad," he says. Still, his hairs stand up as he approaches the front door and tries it. It is unlocked, so he goes inside.

Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 3
Dexter searches the house systematically. It appears completely abandoned, and he doesn't find anything of interest on the ground floor. When he goes upstairs and begins searching the bedrooms, though, he hits the jackpot. One of the walls in the master bedroom has a section that doesn't quite fit the rest of the wall. When he taps on it, he hears an empty, hollow sound. After looking around some more, he discovers that twisting one of the bedknobs causes a secret compartment in the wall to slide open. Inside he finds an ancient, dusty book. He carefully removes it and wipes the dust off so that he can read the title: "Cultes Des Goules." He opens the cover and sees that the text is in French, but he knows the language well from his service in France in the Great War. Flipping through it, he sees references to Yog-Sothoth, as well as other, unfamiliar names. "This is what I'm looking for!" he says. He tucks his prize under his arm and heads downstairs, preferring to study it somewhere less spooky.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:24 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement & Encounter - Turn 3
OOC,2nd area of Celeano. Pass a Luck (-1) check to discover a vital document. Gain 2 Clue Tokens. Rolling dice: Luck 3-1=2, result 4 6.
Amongst the rubble in the Great Hall Gloria discovers a discarded scroll, it contains vital information about Yog-Sothoth.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:47 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Movement turn 3
OOC,Delayed
Jack decide to investigate the sound. "This is only my imagination, there is nothing to be afraid", said Monterey to himlself, trying to not get in panic.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Encounter turn 3
OOC,You feel the house actually breathe....Lose 1 Sanity
The sound come from upstairs; it was a voice calling a name. When he arrived at the end of the stairs he heard the name: Monterey Jack... The sound come from everywhere, the floor, the walls, the ceiling. Jack started to scream and runned from the house who was still telling him: "Come back Jack, join us"

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Ouch! Now that you're down to 1 Sanity, you really need to get to the asylum. It'll cost $2 to get back up to maximum now, but it's worth it. Unfortuantely, it'll take 2 turns to get there even with Speed at maximum. You should stop somewhere safe along the way - perhaps Velma's Diner; I think there's at least one encounter that can give you back Sanity, but maybe that's in an expansion. Actually, now that I've drawn my Mythos card it doesn't matter. You can only get Sanity back at the asylum now.
Mythos Phase - Turn 3,[b]Dreams of a Sunken City[/b] Environment (Mystic): Investigators cannot gain Sanity except by receiving psychiatric care at Arkham Asylum (or from Carolyn Fern). Gate: Independence Square = Monster Surge (3): Cultist at Independence Square, Dark Young at Science Building, Cultist at Woods (D'oh!) Clue appears at: The Unnamable (automatically picked up by [b]Dexter Drake[/b]) Monster movement: Cultist at Independence Square moves Downtown, Ghost does not move (stationary monster), Cultist at Woods moves to Uptown Sorry about that awful draw! I want to go to Independence Square next turn, but I'd have to use Mists of Releh to bypass the Cultist, or I'll be stuck fighting in the street and won't get to the gate. This means increasing my Lore to maximum and hoping I'm lucky. Or Monterey could increase Speed to 4, move to the Downtown streets, and kill the Cultist there, since he goes before I do. I think I can take the Ghost if I have to, but it may cost me too much Sanity. I can't face the Dark Young instead, as Gloria goes before I do during the Arkham Encounters phase. She'll (hopefully) seal the gate before I can get sucked through. Alternatively, she can go back to Independence Square and I can kill the Dark Young before going through the Science Building's gate.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:59 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 4
OOC,Return to the Science Building from Celeano. Lore (3) > 1 to 4, Luck (3) < 1 to 2 Fight (1) > 1 to 2, Will (4) < 1 to 3
Gloria senses a monstous thunder of hooves, something despicable awaits her at the Science Building.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:37 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep - Turn 4
OOC,speed 3>4, sneak 1<0; fight 3<2, will 2>3

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 4
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Fight from 1 to 3 and decreases his Will from 3 to 1. I'm going to go to Independence Square to fight the Ghost and go through the gate there, but I'll need Monterey Jack to kill the Cultist in the Downtown streets first so I can get through. This should be no problem for him, since he can fight well and has a .38 and a whip. I probably would fail the Horror check anyway even with 3 Will, but I need to raise my Fight skill to have a good chance of beating it with Wither. I'm going to lose 2 Sanity, so I can't cast Shrivelling (I need to save one for Find Gate later). If I make it back, I plan to go to the asylum after sealing the gate.

As Dexter leaves the house, he senses something in the air. He focuses on the energies floating around, and his newfound ability to find and recognize gates to other worlds tells him that there is one such gate at Independence Square.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 4
Celeano - Science Building
OOC,The Dark Young's toughness is too great, so Gloria will wait until next turn to fight it.
The way to Arkham is open, Gloria slips back to our world.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:07 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement - Turn 4
OOC,Jack moves to downtown to fight the cultist
Monterey after leaving the cursed housed, continued to run in the city. It was still night, and the city was desert. When he finnaly stoped, he thought it was better to go to Asylum. But suddenly, in Downtown, he saw a familiar figure...
-You! You killed my father- he said to the robed figure.
-Really? I don't remember. I have killed so many people, you cannot expect that I keep the record- he said with sarcasm
- But it doesn't matter, the stars are right, the number of killings is done, and all I need is some small details of the ritual to open the gate to the master.
-Master?-asked confused Monterey
-Yes, Yog-Sothoth! The master of time! He will give me power behind my wildest dreams! The walls of our reality are shaken, and some monsters are awakening from their slumber. And others like me are working for return of the Great Old Ones. But I will be the first!
Monterey thought that the place of that man was in the asylum. He was mad. But he remembered his crimes. And all he had saw this night.
-Now, you will have the privilege of being my first sacrifice for my Master as soon as he will be walking in the earth- the cultist said taking a dagger; Monterey immediatly shot him.
OOC,Fight(2)+.38revolver(3)+Bullwhip(1)+combat rating of cultist(1)=4,4,6,1,5,5,1 Dead cultist and 1 Monster Trophy
The cultist died with several shots in the heart. Monterey decide to leave the place to avoid explanations to the police.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movment - Turn 4
OOC,Well done! Reminds me a little of the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indiana Jones is confronted by a sword-wielding goon, and he pulls out his gun and shoots him (the script originally called for him to disarm him with his whip, but Harrison Ford improvised during one take by using the gun and Spielberg decided to keep it). Cultists have a combat rating of -1 instead of +1 because of Yog-Sothoth, but you still got him. The Ghost was tough for me; it would have been better for Gloria to take it on while I went after the Dark Young, but it's too late now. [b]Dexter[/b] automatically fails the Horror check and loses 2 Sanity. [b]Dexter[/b] attempts to cast Wither and fails, exhausting the Spell: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016696/]Lore (+0) roll casting Wither (3d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] attempts to cast Shrivelling and fails, exhausting the Spell and spending 1 Sanity: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016699/]Lore (-1) check casting Shrivelling (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] spends a Clue Token to add a die to the previous roll, and fails: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016700/]Spending a Clue Token to add a die to the Lore check for casting Shrivelling (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] spends a second Clue Token, and fails: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016706/]Spending a second Clue Token to add to the previous Lore roll (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] spends a third Clue Token, and fails: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016707/]Spending a third Clue Token to add to the previous Lore roll (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] spends a fourth Clue Token, and fails: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016708/]Spending a fourth Clue Token to add to the previous Lore roll (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] spends a fifth Clue Token, and (finally!) succeeds: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016711/]Spending a fifth Clue Token to add to the previous Lore roll (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] defeats the Ghost in the first round and claims it as a trophy: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2016712/]Combat check (3 Fight + 6 (Shrivelling) - 3 (Ghost's Combat rating = 6 dice) fighting the Ghost, round 1 (6d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] Sorry about that, but I had too big a run of bad luck. If Wither had worked I'd have been fine. I had to go to Shrivelling and burn my next-to-last Sanity point, so I can't cast Find Gate, and I burned five Clue Tokens just to beat the stupid Ghost, so I won't be able to seal the gate even if I manage to survive. Tabs, after you try to close and seal the gate on your Arkham Encounter phase, you can draw my Gate card for my Other Worlds encounter at Celeano.

Dexter makes his way through the streets of Arkham until he reaches the downtown area. Up ahead is Independence Square. His feeling of trepidation increases, and he knows he is getting close. He could see the shimmering hole in the air in the middle of the square. The place is deserted, and he could soon see why. A translucent ghost is flying around the open portal, from which it had evidently emerged, moaning and wailing. Then it sees Dexter and swoops after him. The sight itself is enough to unnerve him. He tries to summon all of the arcane energies at his command, knowing that his knife would be useless. All of his careful study of magick is required in order for him to channel the power. He points his hand at the spectre, and a mystic beam strikes it, causing the spirit to disperse into nothingness. With the guardian out of the way, he approaches the gate.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:21 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 4
Science Building
To close Celeano,Lore (4) +1 Skill, -1 gate modifier, two successes required; 4d6 result: 2 6 6 6. Gloria also seals the gate using 5 Clue Tokens. **I am in a rush this Good Friday morning, I shall edit the post later and add a story. My daughter rolled the dice for that fantastic result BTW.**
Ignoring the beast which is rampaging outside the Science Building, tearing at and up-rooting trees, Gloria instead focuses on the gate that she has just stepped out of. All her learning at her command, the gate, with an odd zip noise, contracts to a pin hole and then disappears. "Hey!" she shouts in pleasure. Immediately she expends her Mythos knowledge and seals the gate.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:45 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Encounter - Turn 4

Jack was still recovering from his ordeal.
-Need to get calm, need to get calm- he mumbered for himself.

OOC,That was bad luck Mr Handy! You really beat me! Well, at least Tabs is going very well. I didn't knew that point about the cultist/yogh-sothoth, but since the dices were cast in order, all we would have to do was to eliminate the last dice cast. I know that I don't have a encounter, but I have put it just for the flavour text. And I love that scene from Indiana

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 4
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] gets 2 successes on his Luck check (woot!) and gains 2 Clue Tokens. He now has 3 in total. Sure glad I didn't increase my Lore yet! [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2017709/]Luck (-1) roll to get Clue Tokens in Other World encounter (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] For the Mythos card, I drew Southside Strangler Suspected! Do you want to process it, Tabs, or should I?

Dexter strides boldly up to the gate, intent on closing it down using the knowledge he gained from reading Nameless Cults and his other investigations. Though his mind is near the breaking point, he is determined to see this through. Just as he is about to intone the words of power, a fierce wind picks up and he loses his footing. He is blown screaming straight into the gate!

Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 4
Dexter finds himself in a tremendous hall filled with bookshelves lined with books and scrolls of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Though he knows he is in an alien world, he would recognize a library anywhere. Curious, he begins to peruse the shelves and soon hits the jackpot! He finds multiple documents that refer to Yog-Sothoth and gates like the one that brought him to this place. Apparently, the more gates that open, the more power Yog-Sothoth will gain. Once enough gateways have been formed, the fabric between worlds will be weak enough that Yog-Sothoth can enter our world! The information in the papers will no doubt help him on his quest to close the gates and keep Yog-Sothoth from reaching Earth.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 4,[b]Southside Strangler Suspected![/b] Headline: However, the press is mistaken, and the murders were committed by 2 monsters that are released into the Southside streets. Gate: Woods = Monster Surge (3): Dark Young at Woods (how fitting!), Mi-Go at Independence Square, Cthonian at Woods (D'oh again!) Clue appears at: Historical Society Monster movement: Mi-Go moves from Woods to the Sky. Other Mi-Go moves from Independence Square to Downtown streets (sorry [b]Monty[/b]!). Star Spawn and Maniac are placed in Outskirts because the Monster Limit has been reached.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:58 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep - Turn 5

No changes.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 5
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Will from 1 to 3 and decreases his Fight from 3 to 1.

Dexter finishes studying the parchments he found, then prepares himself to look for a way back home.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:24 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 5
Science Building
OOC,Fight (2) > 1 to 3,Will (3) < 1 to 2 Speed (2) < 1 to 1, Sneak (2) > 1 to 3
The moment to face the monster has arrived.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:02 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 5

Jack was ready to leave the place when he heard some wings. "Must be some howl". Suddenly a winged creature appeared to him. It didn't had a face, and it was making a strange noise like an insect; it had some legs and it was carrying some objects. The creature hrt him a little with it's tail, but after all that Jack had saw this night, it wasn't some stupid bug who would fright him and he didn't lose any time and shot the creature.
OOC,Lose 1 stamina Horror check: Will (3)-Horror rating (1)= 6,1 Combat: Fight (2)+.38(3)+whip(1)=6,5,1,5,5,5 Draw 2 unique items (and discard one): Powder of Ibn-ghazi, Powder of Ibn-ghazi, discard one

The creature was reduced to a pulp and then vanished. He saw that the creature had a bag with a strange powder and he grab it.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 5
OOC,[b]Monterey[/b] shouldn't lose any Stamina unless he tries to evade, and you didn't try. There would be no point unless you were planning to use Clue Tokens, and it's better to save them, since your current Sneak is 0 and you cannot successfully evade otherwise. You won the combat in one round, so the Mi-Go didn't hit you at all. [b]Dexter[/b] moves to the second area of the Great Hall of Celeano.

Dexter walks through the hall, searching for a way out.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:12 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 5
Science Building
OOC,Combat with Dark Young Horror check- Will (2) +0 = 2d6, 3 2; Gloria loses 3 Sanity Gloria casts Wither, Casting Modifier +0 & Sanity Cost 0; Lore (4) +1 Skill +0 =5d6, 2 3 5 5 6; Gloria gains +3 to Combat checks With her other hand she will use the .45 Automatic, but Dark Young have Physical Resistance, therefore +2 to Combat checks Combat check- Fight (3) +3 +2 -1 =7d6, 1 1 2 4 5 6 6; three successes, Dark Young taken as a Monster Trophy.
The Dark Young's piggy eyes fix upon Gloria where she stands resolutely, outside the Science Building. Emitting a degraded squeal the Dark Young thunders towards her. Gloria is stunned by it's hideousness and her mind stutters at the sight, however, she casts Wither with her left hand and fires the .45 Automatic with her right hand. The Dark Young's branch like tentacles crumple and her shot strikes between it's eyes; the Dark Young collapses in mid-charge, sliding and causing ruts in the well kept lawns.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:03 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack encounter turn 5
OOC,Nothing happens
Jack thought it was one of the worst night of his life. First the stars. Then the house. A cultist. And now, God knows what was that creature. He really needed to go to another place.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 5
Science Building
OOC,A chemical brew bubbles... etc. Luck check failed, but gain 1 Stamina.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 5
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] gets 4 successes on his Lore check (woot woot!) and gains 4 Clue Tokens. He now has 7 in total. Too bad I didn't increase my Lore this time, or I might have found more. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2019207/]Lore (+2) roll in Celeano encounter to gain Clue Tokens (5d6.hits(5)=4)[/url]

As Dexter makes his way toward where he senses the gate leading back to Arkham lies, he can't help noticing a pattern in the mosaic on the wall that he passes. "It's a code!" he says with sudden realization, and he stops to study it. The mosaic tells all about Yog-Sothoth and how he is both the key and the gate. It has all the information he needs to not only close a gate, but to permanently seal it so that it would never reopen. "It is a good thing I came here."
Mythos Phase - Turn 5,[b]Strange Lights on Campus![/b] Headline: The Library, Administration Building, and Science Building are all closed until the end of next turn. Leave this card in play until then to indicate this. Gate: Woods = Monster Surge (3): Byakhee in Woods, Fire Vampire in Independence Square, Ghost in Outskirts (Monster Limit has been reached) Clue appears at Historical Society Monster movement: Dark Young remains in Woods (stationary monster). Cthonian causes all investigators in Arkham to lose 1 Stamina, Fire Vampire moves from Independence Square to Downtown streets (where [b]Monterey[/b] is). [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2020561/]Does the Cthonian cause a quake? (1d6.hits(4)=1)[/url] [b]Gloria[/b] loses 1 Stamina (unless she uses Food or Flesh Ward), [b]Monterey[/b] loses 1 Stamina. [b]Dexter[/b] is not in Arkham, so he is unharmed. Administration Building, Library, and Science Building are closed. [b]Gloria[/b] automatically moves to Miskatonic University Streets.
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 6
Dexter finishes studying the mosaic, much wiser now.
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Lore from 3 to 5 and decreases his Luck from 3 to 1.

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:37 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 6
OOC,Mythos - Turn 5 Gloria uses Food. Upkeep - Turn 6 Speed (1) > 1 to 2, Sneak (3) < 1 to 2 Gloria will rid Arkham of the Cultist at Uptown Streets.

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep - Turn 6
OOC,Luck 4<2, Lore 4>2
When Jack was preparing to leave, he saw a strange light in the sky.
-Not again!

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 6
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] returns to Arkham at Independence square and gains an Explored marker.

Dexter's instincts guide him to a shimmering portal in one corner of the vast library in which he found himself, and he knows it leads back home. With a spring in his step and his head full of the knowledge he requires, he rushes through the gate. Reality twists around him, and he finds himself back in Independence Square, in front of the gate that had sucked him in. Now the wind has died down so that he will not be pulled back through it, and he resolves to shut the portal forever.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:31 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 6
Miskatonic U. - Uptown
OOC,Cultist Fight (3) +4 -1=6d6; 1 2 3 4 6 6 Monster Trophy (1) taken.
This one is walking the Uptown Streets. Gloria knows it is a desciple of Yog from the faraway look in the Cultists eyes and unsteady step, their number is increasing. Gloria walks up and says to it simply, "Mighty Yog-Sothoth is coming, praise the day!" The Cultist's head jerks up, smiling, a rapturous look upon it's face. Immediately she draws the .45 Automatic and guns the Cultist.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement - Turn 6

Monterey sees a strange light coming. It glows but suddenly it seems to try to grab Monterey. Somehow, he imagined that normal weapons wouldn't work in that thing.
"What, does this street works as some magnet to freaks?"

He remembered that an old sage in China had give him a sword with magical powers to destroy evil creatures. Jack didn't believed him of course, but it was a soo beautiful sword that he didn't have the courage to sell, and always had use as a talisman and a defense weapon. He draw the sword and with an attack, he saw the lights diseappear.
OOC,Fight (2)+Sword of glory (6)-Combat Rating of Fire Vampire (2)=4,2,4,5,6,4

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 6
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] successfully closes the gate to the Great Hall of Celeano at Independence Square. [b]Dexter[/b] spends five Clue Tokens to seal the gate. He claims the Gate Trophy and places an Elder Sign at Independence Square.

Dexter begins to chant the magic words of power he learned from the mosaic, almost without realizing it. He channels the arcane knowledge through his body, gesturing with his arms at the shimmering gate before him. Then the extradimensional portal contracts to a single point in midair before vanishing with a loud pop. All is silent. Drained of energy, Dexter drops to his knees with relief. "It is done," he says.
Mythos Phase - Turn 6,[b]Missing People Return![/b] Headline: All investigators currently [i]lost in time and space[/i] immediately return to Arkham, appearing in a street or location of their choice. Gate: The Unnamable - The City of the Great Race Monster: Zombie Clue does not appear at Woods due to open Gate. Cthonian does not cause a quake this turn, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2024897/]Does the Cthonian cause a quake on Turn 6? (1d6.hits(4)=0)[/url] Administration Building, Library, and Science Building reopen.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 7
Uptown
OOC,Fight (3) < 2 to 1, Will (2) > 2 to 4 Gloria is moving to Historical Society.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:20 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep - Turn 7

No changes

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 7
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] lowers his Lore from 5 to 3 and raises his Luck from 1 to 3. He will be moving to the Asylum to get his Sanity back.

Dexter slowly rises to his feet. After his effort, he is utterly exhausted and needs a rest.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:10 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 7
Uptown - Historical Society
OOC,Gloria picks up the 2 Clue tokens.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement - Turn 7
OOC,Monterey moves to the Asylum and spends 2 dollars to get the maximum sanity.
Finally, Jack decide to stay some time at the Asylum. At the beginning he was afraid that nobody would believe him. But a nice psychiatrist helped him. There wasn't any Yog-Sothoth. Or cultist. His father had been murdered in a robbery case who had never been solved; that, and the fact that Jack had been reading things about ancient cults had blurred Jack mind. So, a strange fog (but perfectly natural) had made him think that some strange constellation had appeared. And of course, his imagination had transformed the sound of the wind in a creepy voice in the old house (and he had probably heard some story about haunted house). Since no body had been found, he had imagined he had found and killed the murder of his father. All perfectly normal. Jack was ready to return to society. The treatment had been expensive, but it was worth every cent. But when he was leaving, he heard about some other patients who were talking about Great Old Ones. And he never left his weapons.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 7
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] moves to the Asylum as well. He can trade with [b]Monterey[/b] at this point, but I don't know if it's worth it. You need to save your remaining $5 so you can possibly buy an Elder Sign in the Curiosity Shoppe later. You'll also probably make better use of your weapon than [b]Dexter[/b] could, and he could make better use of his Tome and Spells - reading that book would just make [b]Monterey[/b] go insane again. The actually paying and healing of Sanity will take place during the Arkham Encounters phase (instead of drawing an encounter card). I'll be spending my last $2 for that.

Dexter trudges back downtown, leaving Independence Square behind and heading for the asylum up the street. He breathes a sigh of relief as he walks through the front door.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 7
Historical Society
OOC,You notice a creepy man watching you... etc. Make a Sneak -1 check or lose 2 Stamina and be Cursed; Sneak (2) -1 =1d6: 2, Clue token spent =1d6: 3, Clue token spent =1d6: 6. Pass, you lose the man, gaining 1 Sanity.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 7
OOC,Since [b]Monterey[/b] already did his encounter in an earlier post, I'll do mine now and then go ahead with the Mythos card. We can still trade stuff if you want next turn, at the start of the movement phase. [b]Dexter[/b] spends $2, leaving him broke. He restores his Sanity to the maximum of 5 instead of drawing an encounter card.

Dexter checks himself into the asylum. He pays the last couple of dollars he has to get the best psychiatric care available, and soon he feels much better.

While relaxing in the day room the next morning, he meets another patient, an adventurer named Monterey Jones. He can tell by the man's aura that he has had some experience encountering the occult and supernatural, so he introduces himself and shares some of his own exploits, including his most recent adventure at Independence Square and beyond the gate. "These gates must be closed and sealed permanently," he says, filled with renewed determination. "I know that gate wasn't the only one, and more are opening as time passes. Once we can seal a few more, Arkham will stabilize and be at peace."
Mythos Phase - Turn 7,[b]Goat-like Creature Spotted in Woods![/b] Headline: All Dark Young in Arkham are returned to the cup. If at least one monster returns to the cup, raise the terror level by 1. No gate opens at Independence Square due to Elder Sign. Clue does not appear at The Unnamable due to open Gate. Cthonian does not cause a quake this turn, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2026354/]Does Cthonian cause a quake on Turn 7? (1d6.hits(4)=0)[/url] Dark Young in Woods returns to the monster cup. Terror level increases from 0 to 1. Tim "Mountain" Murphy leaves Arkham (and is removed from the game).

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:26 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Arkham Encounter - Turn 7

Jack found another innate who had also made some strange encounters. So after all, he wasn't mad at all! Of course he didn't tell anything to the doctors, to avoid been precribe drugs again to sleep. The other pacient (Drake) explained him everyrhing about magic and the cults. There were gates were strange creatures entered our world (like the cultist had said).
OOC,The only thing I may trade is the powder. It costs one 1 sanity point and in Jack case that may be fatal; but's its a so valuable item, I don't know if it isn't better to keep it.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:12 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep turn 8
Arkham Asylum
OOC,No changes

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 8
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] lowers his Speed from 4 to 3 and raises his Sneak from 2 to 3. He will be moving to Hibb's Roadhouse.

Dexter feels much better after his treatment and is ready to face the terrors outside the asylum once again. He checks himself out and prepares to leave, and he meets Monterey Jack in the lobby. "It was good meeting you," he says, shaking the other man's hand. "I wish you the best of luck."

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 8
Historical Society
OOC,No changes.
The despicable creatures of the woods beckon to Gloria, but she is very afraid of them.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:08 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement turn 8

Before leaving the asylum, Jack decide to give a present to Drake
-This is a powder I found in the creature that doesn't exist as my good doctor said. It leaves me a creppy feeling, but maybe it can be of some help to you. Goodbye, and good luck.
Jack walked in the direction of a strange place, called The Unnamable.
After a long walked, he saw a lone figure; it was walking like a drunk. But suddenly Jack saw it's face: it was a rotten corpse!

OOC,Jack gives the powder and goes to the The Unnamable Horror check: Will (3)-Horror damage(1)=2d6. 3,6. Passed the horror check Combat: Fight (2)+Pistol (3)+Bullwhyp(1)-zombie combat rating(1)=5d6. 5,2,5,5,2 Another monster trophy
"Must be really near the place"

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:07 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 8
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] gains Powder of Ibn-Ghazi and spends 3 movement points going to Hibb's Roadhouse, gaining 1 Clue Token. After [b]Gloria[/b] moves, [b]Monterey[/b] will be pulled through the gate during the Arkham Encounter phase. Then I'll have an encounter at Hibb's and [b]Gloria[/b] will have hers. Then Tabs will draw a Gate card for your Other World Encounter (which always happens after all the Arkham Encounters are done).

Dexter thanks Monterey and tucks the powder carefully away before leaving the asylum. He walks through the streets of Easttown, letting his instincts guide him. Soon he comes across Hibb's Roadhouse, a well-known speakeasy. A good place to find information, he thinks. And besides, I could use a stiff drink. He steps inside.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:03 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 8
Historical Society - South Church

Gloria is in need of spiritual refreshment.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 8
OOC,[b]Monterey[/b] just goes through the gate during the Arkham Encounter phase, so I'll go ahead and have my encounter now. "Prohibition failed to influence the proprietor of Hibb's. You drink heavily while quizzing the locals about the strange goings-on in Arkham..." [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2031531/]Will (-1) roll in Hibb's Roadhouse (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] succeeds at his Will (-1) check and gains 2 Clue Tokens. Yes!

Dexter enters the smoky roadhouse and sits with a group of locals, hoping to get some information. One of them buys a round of drinks for everyone at the table, which is good since Dexter is flat broke. He sits, drinks, and chats with them to gain their confidence. Soon another man at the table buys drinks all around, and then another. He isn't quite sure how many drinks he has, but he is good at holding his liquor. Once everyone is sufficiently inebriated, he begins to ask them about the strange happenings in Arkham.

"Oh, yes," said one of the men between hiccups. "I've seen all sorts of things - even when I was sober! The walking dead, flying creatures swooping through the air, a bunch of chanting crazies in hooded robes going on about Yog-Sothoth. One of them said 'What was, shall be. What is, shall be no more.' There's all sorts of freaky things going on in the woods south of town. And don't get me started on Innsmouth!"

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:03 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 8
South Church
OOC,Gloria spends 5 toughess of monster trophies and is Blessed.
Inside South Church the cool atmosphere is soothing to her troubled mind. The turmoil in Arkham feels like a million miles away. Gloria is Blessed.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:27 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack's Encounter turn 8:
City of the Great Race
OOC,Fight (2)-1=1d6. 1. Failed the Fight check.
Killing that awful creature had been easy. He continued his walk. After some time, Jack was feeling dizzy in the Unnamable. He had dificulty to breath. Like if his body had dificulties to understand his commands. And the city was strange. Finnaly, he realized he wasn't in Arkham, but in a total alien place. He saw some strange creatures, and tried to run, but his body wasn't answering. He look at his hands, and instead of hands, he had 2 tubes...

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 8,[b]Raining Cats and Dogs[/b] Environment(Weather): Speed checks in Arkham are made at a -1 penalty, and players receive one less movement point during the [b]Movement Phase[/b]. Sneak checks in Arkham are made at a +1 bonus. Return any Fire Vampires in play to the cup. If a Fire Vampire enters play, return it to the cup and draw a different monster. A Doom Token is added to the Doom Track, bringing the total to 5. Gate to The Dreamlands opens at Hibb's Roadhouse. Cultist emerges at Hibb's Roadhouse. [b]Dexter[/b] is pulled through the gate and is delayed. I presume this means I cannot use Find Gate next turn. Clue appears at Independence Square. Cultist moves to Easttown streets. Dreams of a Sunken City is discarded and its effects end.
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 9
OOC,No adjustments.

As Dexter is about to leave Hibb's, there is a sudden clap of thunder and sheets of rain begin to come down outside. "Guess I'll stay here for a little longer and hope the rain eases up," he says. He goes into the bathroom to drain out some of what he drank earlier. While he is washing his hands, a swirling vortex appears behind him and expands rapidly. A man in a black hooded robe steps out. "What was, shall be," he says as he runs from the bathroom. "What is, shall be no more!" Before Dexter can react, the opening gate overtakes him and he is rendered unconscious.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:05 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 9
South Church
OOC,Speed (2) > 1 to 3, Sneak (2) < 1 to 1 Gloria will try her luck at Ma's.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:17 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep - Turn 9

Fight 2>3, Will 3<2

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 9
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] stands up.

Dexter slowly comes to his senses, unsure exactly how much time has passed. He gets back on his feet and finds himself in a very strange place...

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 9
South Church - Ma's

Encounter
Ma's
OOC,Ma Mathison serves her special soup at supper. Roll a die and gain that much Stamina. 1d6: 5
"Thank you, that was satisfying."

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement-turn 9

Resignated in his weird form, Jack decide to read some of the things (he couldn't call it books), and saw something that someday it could be helpful: a strange spell. One day one of the creatures told him by telepathy, that is days in the city of the Great City were finished and he could return. And he suddenly awaked in the Unnamed.
OOC,Draws the spell Shrivelling and returns to Arkham

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 9
OOC,[b]Monterey[/b] does not return to Arkham this turn. He moves to the second area of City of the Great Race, then has his encounter there and finds Shrivelling after I have my encounter. I'll go ahead and process the Mythos card after I resolve my own encounter. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2034857/]Luck (-1) roll in encounter in The Dreamlands to gain 2 Clue Tokens and avoid being delayed (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] gets 2 successes on his Luck roll and gains 2 Clue Tokens. Woohoo! :D

Dexter finds himself in the middle of a vast, alien plain. In the distance to the north he can see a shining city with golden towers rising above the wall. He hikes closer to investigate, and soon he reaches the city's south gate, where a figure in red robes stands guard.

"Halt, dreamer!" demands the sentry. "You may not enter Thran until you have told me three dreams beyond belief."

"Am I dreaming now?" asks Dexter, confused.

"Yes, dreamer."

"I don't belileve it. That means this is the first dream."

The guard nods grudgingly. "You must still tell two more."

"I dreamed of a sunken city, deep beneath the waves at the bottom of the sea. When the stars are right, it will rise again."

"Not here in the Dreamlands."

"Then that makes two."

"No matter. You will not be able to think of a third."

"I dreamed that I approached the city of Thran, and the guard at the south gate opened it and let me in. Then he gave me a tour of the city and showed me all of its wonders personally."

"Never!" The sentry regrets the word as soon as it leaves his lips, but it is too late. He cannot call it back once it is spoken.

"Since you do not believe, that makes it the third dream. And in this place dreams can come true."

"So they can. I have never met a dreamer with such wit, not since Randolph Carter visited. You have earned your tour." With that, the sentry opens the gate and allows Dexter to enter the wondrous city. Another sentry takes over guard duty outside the gate while the guard who had quizzed Dexter leads him through the city on his promised tour. Dexter acquires much knowledge that will aid him when he returns to the Waking World.
Mythos Phase - Turn 9,[b]Heat Wave[/b] Environment(Weather): Fight checks in Arkham are made at a -1 penalty. Lore checks in Arkham are made at a +1 bonus. Fire vampires have their toughness increased by 1. Monster Surge - Woods(3): Ghoul at Woods, Star Spawn at The Unnamable, Dhole at Hibb's Roadhouse. Clue appears at Independence Square. Dhole moves from Hibb's Roadhouse to Easttown streets. Byakhee moves from Woods to Sky. Mi-Go remains in Sky. Raining Cats and Dogs is discarded.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:21 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 10
Ma's
OOC,Gloria is thinking of cleaning up the Easttown Streets... No, the Dhole is too tough. Maybe the Library. Speed >1 to 4, Sneak <1 to 0 Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 6

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:25 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep-turn 10
No changes

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 10
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Lore from 3 to 5 and decreases his Luck from 3 to 1. [b]Monterey[/b], you can use Lore to close/seal the gate after you return this turn. As long as that's maxed out, you don't need to increase your Fight. You also don't have to encounter the Star Spawn until next turn. At that time you may want your Fight higher, as you'll fail the Horror check and lose 2 Sanity no matter what unless you can evade.

Dexter studies the wonders of Thran carefully, preparing to find the way back home.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:28 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 10
Ma's - Easttown
OOC,Cultist Fight (1) +4 -1 =4d6: 2 3 4 5 Monster trophy (1)
Gloria spots another slimeball walking the streets.
"Hail friend, will he be in Arkham soon?"
"Yes, yes," drools the Cultist.
"Well, you shan't see it!"
She draws the .45 Automatic and dispatches the thing.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:18 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement - Turn 10
Monterey finally found a way to return to Arkham. He still had dificulties to believe in what happened.
OOC,Jack returns to Arkham, I hope I'm doing right this time!

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 10
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2036510/]Lore (-1) check to cast Find Gate (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] successfully casts and exhausts Find Gate. He pays 1 Sanity and immediately returns to Arkham, at Hibb's Roadhouse. He gains an Explored marker.

Dexter attunes his senses to the mystical energies of Thran. Using his newfound power to detect the portals between worlds, he feels around mentally until he can sense one calling out to him. "I wish to see that tower next," he tells his escort, pointing at the one where he has located the gate leading back home. The mental toll was high, but worth it.

"Very well," says the sentry, leading him into the tower and up to the top of the spire. In the chamber there is a shimmering portal in one wall, much like the one that brought him here.

"I must bid you farewell now. It's time for me to go back whence I came."

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Dexter Drake. Perhaps I'll see you again, in your dreams."

Dexter shakes his hand and steps through the gate.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:14 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 10
Easttown
OOC,No encounter.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:45 am
by kabukiman
Monterey had return fully human to Arkham. But he could still see the portal opened. And he finnaly understood what the cultist had told him: those were portals to other places. Dangerous places. After all he had read, he knew what to do. He started to chant some strange words he had learn in the city of the Great race.

OOC,Lore check: Lore (4)+Heat wave (1)= 5d6. 6,4,5,4,2. Closed gate.
The gate was emiting a huge light, and he thought he had failed, but suddenly the light vanished: he had succeded. Jack fainted exausted.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter- Turn 10
OOC,I'm assuming that [b]Monterey[/b] spends the 5 Clue Tokens to seal the gate in addition to closing it. There's no point in not doing so. Closing the gate also causes the Cthonian to return to the monster cup. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2044025/]Lore (+2) check (+1 for Dreamlands, +1 for Heat Wave) to close the gate at Hibb's Roadhouse (7d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2044026/]Spending a Clue Token for an extra die on the Lore roll (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] gets two successes and closes the gate to The Dreamlands. He spends an additional 5 Clue Tokens (for a total of 6) to seal it.

Dexter emerges in the bathroom of Hibb's Roadhouse, falling out of the swirling vortex and onto the floor. He stands and faces the gate, chanting the words of power as mystic energies flow through him. This gate should be easier to close than the previous one, but he is exhausted from his journey in the land of dreams and his mind is still unsettled from his efforts. He gives it all he has, and a little more besides. The gate begins to shrink and soon dwindles away to nothing. He utters more arcane sentences and ensures that the gate will be sealed for good. Then he slumps against the wall and breathes deeply.
Mythos Phase - Turn 10,[b]Icy Conditions[/b] Environment(Weather): Investigators receive 1 less movement point during the Movement Phase. [i]Fast[/i] monsters move like normal monsters. A sixth Doom Token is added to the Doom Track. Gate to Another Dimension opens at Historical Society. A Cthonian emerges from the gate. Clue appears at Silver Twilight Lodge. Star Spawn does not move, as [b]Monterey Jack[/b] is in its location. Heat Wave is discarded.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack upkeep- turn 10

Monterey awaked completly frozen in the ground.
-I'm cold, so cold... What a strange dream I had... must be drunk. Wait, what's that noise?
OOC,Fight-2>4 Will-3<1

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 11
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Speed from 3 to 4 and decreases his Sneak from 3 to 2. [b]Dexter[/b] decreases his Lore from 5 to 4 and increases his Luck from 1 to 2.

Dexter emerges from the bathroom and into the common room of the roadhouse. The other patrons are still there in varying stages of inebriation. Nobody seems to have noticed anything amiss other than the strange man in hooded robes who had left earlier.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:40 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 11
Easttown
OOC,No changes Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 4 Gloria will go to the Curiositie Shop.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:12 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 11

Monterey almost fainted when a shadow appeared in front of him: it seemed vaguely antropoid, with wings and several apendices in the face. His mind only told him to run, but he somehow managed to get the courage to stay: he understood he will be an easy prey if he run.

OOC,Star Spawn Horror check: Failed. Will (1)-Horror rating (3)=-2. Horror damaged: 2 Combat: Fight (4)+.38 revolver (3)+Bullywhip(1)- Combat rating (3)=5d6.1,5,6,2,6. Victory and 1 Monster trophy.
Monterey started to shoot all the bullets he had against the menace, and used the whip in the awful face; the creature resisted and tried to get closer to him. Jack was half insane, but the previous experience of several fights saved his life, and he killed the creature.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 11
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] gains 2 Clue Tokens at Independence Square.

Dexter leaves the roadhouse and walks back downtown, heading for Independence Square again. He hadn't had a chance to have a good look around the last time he had been there, and he is sure he missed something important. Now that he had seen and sealed the second gate, he could go back to the place where the first one had been and glean some new insights.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 11
Easttown - Newspaper
Clutching hastily scribbled notes of her incredible adventures, she enters the offices, the printing presses are clacking and thumping upstairs. She looks for the editor; Gloria hopes to sell her story to the Arkham Advertiser.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:37 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack encounter turn 11

No changes.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am
by kabukiman
I cant' t use my computer at home for a couple of days, so I'm a bit limited at the posts. Since it would be weird to roll dices outside my home, I'm using the invisible castle.
Monterey Jack encounter turn 11

In the Unnamable, after awakening near the rotting corpse, Jack was exploring the area. An object called his attention: an old manuscrit. It was writen in latin but he read it easily. It had been writtten in the XIV century by a french monk who had dealed with some strange creatures and had included a spell there.
The Unnamable
In a dusty and decaying roll-top desk, you find... If you read it, make a lore(-1) check. if you pass, draw 1 spell...
OOC,Lore check: Lore (4)-1= 3d6. 6,5,6. Passed and know now a new spell.
OOC2: Since I passed the test, I don't need to stay here next turn and gain the 2 clue tokens?

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter- Turn 11
OOC,Yes, that's correct. Since you're not at home, I drew a Spell for you. It's Wither. There are gypsies camped in the park. Make a Luck(-1) check if you wish to interact with them... [b]Dexter[/b] chooses not to interact with them. He has no money, so he'd gain nothing if he succeeded, and if he failed he'd get injured and Cursed.

Dexter approaches the square. Now that the gate and the ghost guarding it are gone, some gypsies have set up camp in the park. He cautiously avoids them, having heard rumors about them having thieving ways and mystical powers that could place a jinx on him.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:36 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 11
Newspaper / Curiositie Shop
OOC,You earn a hefty fee for a story and get a ride with Doyle Jefferies, the editor. Gain $2 and move to any location and immediately have an encounter there. Curiositie Shop Dragon's Eye $6 - Exhaust and lose 1 Sanity to replace a location or gate card.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:47 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Maybe you should have bought the Cabala of Sabaoth instead. Then you'd have $4 left, enough to get Sanity fully restored for both yourself and Monterey, and an extra Skill is always nice. Still, you can go to the Asylum next turn and get 1 Sanity back for free or draw a regular encounter. Monterey should go there next turn; then you can give him the $2 so he can get his Sanity back and shop for an Elder Sign in the following turn.
Mythos Phase - Turn 11,[b]The Great Ritual[/b] Rumor: Ongoing Effect: Cultists, Witches, Warlocks, and High Priests have their toughness increased by 2 while this card is in play. Place 1 Clue token on this card at the end of every [b]Mythos Phase[/b] (beginning the turn after it entered play). [b]Pass[/b]: If a single player discards 3 spells (4 if there are 5 or more players) while in the French Hill streets during the Arkham Encounter Phase, return this card to the box. Each player gains 2 Clue tokens. [b]Fail[/b]: If there are ever 5 Clue tokens on this card, return it to the box. From now on, draw 2 mythos cards each [b]Mythos Phase[/b]. Ignore everything on the first card except for the gate opening. [b]Activity at[/b]: French Hill streets A seventh Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate to Plateau of Leng opens at Graveyard. A Cultist emerges from the gate. No Clue appears. Cthonian does not cause a quake this turn. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2053481/]Does the Cthonian cause a quake on Turn 11? (1d6.hits(4)=0)[/url] Ghoul moves from Woods to Uptown streets.
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 12
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Speed from 4 to 5 and decreases his Sneak from 2 to 1. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Luck from 2 to 3 and decreases his Lore from 4 to 3. I'll take care of the Rumor this turn, as I have the Spells (and the Speed to get there). I'll have to sacrifice all of mine except Find Gate, but at least after this I'll have all the Clue tokens I'll need to seal another gate.

Before Dexter leaves Independence Square, an old gypsy woman comes up to him. "Beware!" she says, pointing a gnarled finger at him. "There are evil sorcerers carrying out an act of powerful magic right now, in French Hill! They will bring doom upon us all!"

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:36 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep -Turn 12
Curiositie Shop
OOC,Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 6

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:09 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep turn 12
OOC,No changes

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 12
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] moves from Independence Square to the French Hill streets, using 4 movement points.

"I haven't a moment to lose!" says Dexter, running from the square.

"Yes, be quick!" calls the gypsy woman. "If you do not hurry, they will awaken Yog-Sothoth!"

Dexter speeds through the streets of Arkham as fast as he can. By the time he reaches French Hill, he is out of breath.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:08 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 12
Curiositie Shop - Asylum

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:21 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement turn 12

Jack after all he suffered, had another crise of doubt, thinking that they should be a rational explanation. So he decid to return to the asylum.
OOC,Monterey returns to the asylum and pays the 2 dollars

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter- Turn 12
OOC,Paying the $2 and getting your Sanity restored will happen during your Arkham Encounter Phase. [b]Dexter[/b] discards Mists of Releh, Shrivelling, and Wither. The Great Ritual is passed and returned to the box. Each player gains 2 Clue tokens.

Dexter soon finds a circle of figures in black hooded robes in a grove not far from the Silver Twilight Lodge, all of them chanting in unison. "Ia! Ia! Yog-Sothoth!" they cry. "The Key and the Gate!"

One of them removes his hood, and Dexter recognizes the features of Carl Sanford. "Yog-Sothoth, awaken!" he calls. "Your time has come, Ancient One! What was, shall be! What is, shall be no more!"

Dexter conceals himself in a nearby alley and summons all of the arcane energies at his disposal. A great mist wells up from the ground and surrounds him, and powerful magic emanates from him as he concentrates on disrupting the ritual. There is a roll of thunder from the sky, and Dexter feels the power drain out of him. However, the cultists gathered in the grove also lose their power and slump over, defeated.

"What happened?!" snarls Carl Sanford. "Which of you fools did that?"

Dexter slips away before he is noticed. He has lost the ability to cast many of the spells at his command, having forgotten them, but he still possesses his newfound ability to locate gates - and he feels one of them calling to him.

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 12
Asylum
OOC,Monty, Gloria gives you $2. Dragon's Eye used to have another encounter, -1 Sanity. You hear screaming. Etc... Make a Lore (-2) check, 3d6: 1 4 5; if you pass, gain 2 Clue tokens.`
Gloria meets a man at reception, she recognises a fellow investigator.
She introduces herself, "I'm Ms Goldberg. I can see by your nervous condition that you too are battling the dark force. Here, take $2, you can use it at the Asylum."

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack in the asylum found another fellow investigator. She pitied him and give him money enough to pay the treatment.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The money transfer actually took place during the Movement Phase. I'll do the Mythos Phase now, and then it will be [b]Gloria[/b]'s turn for Upkeep. I think during next turn's Movement [b]Monterey[/b] should give a dollar or two back to [b]Gloria[/b] so she can get her Sanity back, and forget shopping for an Elder Sign. I have 5 Clues and she has 4, so she can pick up another one soon (or try for Blood Magic first - she will probably keep Blessing, and Flesh Ward will prevent the loss if she casts it successfully).
Mythos Phase - Turn 12,[b]Blood Magic[/b] Environment (Mystic): Investigators who end their movement in Rivertown streets may choose to delve into dark mysteries using their life force. They roll dice equal to their current Stamina, and for every failed die, they lose 1 Stamina. If this reduces them to 0 Stamina, they are [b]devoured[/b] and the player must start a new character. Otherwise, they gain 3 Clue tokens. [b]Activity at[/b]: Rivertown streets No gate opens at Independence Square due to Elder Sign. Clue appears at The Unnamable. Mi-Go moves from Sky to French Hill streets. Byakhee moves from Sky to French Hill streets. Icy Conditions is discarded.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:03 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack upkeep turn 13
OOC,No changes I think that all that Jack will do now, will be monster hunting, ok?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 13
Asylum
OOC,Fight (1) > to 2, Will (4) < 1 to 3 Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 5

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 13
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Sneak from 1 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 5 to 3. I'm not actually going to try to evade the flying monsters, I'm going to fight them. I'll take on the Mi-Go first to snag a Unique Item, then the Byakhee. My knife should be enough even with Fight minimized, though I may get hit some. I just want to make sure I don't lose too much Sanity.

Glancing back, Dexter sees Carl Sanford take out a strange-looking whistle from under his robe and blow it. As he makes his way through the streets of French Hill, he hears the flapping of wings above him.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:59 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 13
Asylum

"Thank you, sir, I only need the $1." Gloria stays at the Asylum for psychiatric treatment.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 13

After deciding to leave the the asylum, Jack heard of a rumour of a strange gathering in the graveyard. Traveling as fast as he could, he discovered another cultist. He was too screaming about the coming of Yogh-Sothoth. Jack this time didn't lose any time talking or asking anything.
OOC,Fight(4)+.38revolver(3)+Bullwhip(1)-combat rating of cultist(1)=7d6. 3,1,5,5,5,3,5 One dead cultist and another trophy.
Monterey was almost feeling remorse for killing in such a easy way the cultist. Almost.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 13
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] remains in the French Hill streets. [b]Dexter[/b] fights the Mi-Go first. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059717/]fails his Horror check[/url] and loses 2 Sanity, leaving him with 2. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059719/]defeats the Mi-Go in the first round[/url] and draws The King In Yellow. The Mi-Go is removed from the game. [b]Dexter[/b] faces the Byakhee next. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059724/]succeeds[/url] at his Horror check. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059725/]defeats the Byakhee in the first round[/url] and claims it as a monster trophy.
Dexter then hears a buzzing sound coming from above and behind him. Turning, he gasps in fright when a sees a strange insectoid creature swooping down on him. Instinctively he prepares to bombard it with magical power, but then he realizes that he has lost it. With no other recourse, he draws his knife and slashes as it attacks. The blade slices it across the throat and it falls to the ground, motionless. He inspects its disgusting corpse and finds that it is carrying a book under one wing. It is a copy of a play called "The King In Yellow," one he has heard can induce madness in those who see it. No sooner has he picked up the book than he hears the flapping. A bizarre black monster soars above, and it too dives at him when it sees him, claws extended. With the knife already in his hand, he cuts it with expert precision, crippling one of its leathery wings. Hobbled, the beast is forced to the ground, where he plunges the knife into its back, severing its spine and slaying it.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:01 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 13
Asylum
OOC,Gloria spends $2 to restore her Sanity.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 13,[b]R'lyeh Rising[/b] Environment (Mystic): Star Spawn and Maniacs have their toughness increased by 1. The difficulty to [b]seal[/b] or [b]close[/b] gates to R'lyeh is increased by 1. Monster Surge(3) - Woods: Gug appears at Woods, Ghoul appears at Historical Society, Nightgaunt appears at Graveyard. No Clue appears at Historical Society due to open gate. Nightgaunt moves from Graveyard to Sky. Gug moves from Woods to Downtown streets. Ghoul moves from Dowtown streets to Southside streets. Ghoul moves from Historical Society to Southside streets. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2062155/]Does the Cthonian cause a quake on Turn 13? (1d6.hits(4)=1)[/url] Cthonian causes a quake. [b]Dexter Drake[/b] loses 1 Stamina. [b]Gloria Goldberg[/b] loses 1 Stamina (unless she successfully casts Flesh Ward). Blood Magic is discarded.
OOC,Well, that made my decision for me. With the Ghouls in my way, I'd lose a turn fighting them anyway. I'll go to the River Docks and then the Asylum.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:03 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep turn 14
OOC,Fight: 4<2 Will: 1>3

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 14
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Speed from 3 to 5 and decreases his Sneak from 3 to 1.

No sooner had the fight ended than a tremor shakes the ground, causing Dexter to fall over. Bruised, he gets back to his feet. I need to get out of here fast! he thinks.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:16 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 14
Asylum
OOC,Fight 2 > 3, Will 3 < 2 Roll to keep blessed, 1d6: 4

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 14
OOC,Since [b]Monterey[/b] hasn't done the Movement Phase yet, and there's nothing he can do except move to the second area of the Plateau of Leng, I'll do my movement in advance. I won't be able to be online until tomorrow night, so I'd better do it now to keep things moving forward. [b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 movement points moving to the River Docks and the other 2 reading The King In Yellow. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2068390/]Lore (-2) roll trying to read The King In Yellow (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] He succeeds, discarding The King In Yellow, gaining 4 Clue tokens, and losing 1 Sanity.
Dexter makes his way quickly to the docks of the Miskatnoic River, where he hopes to meet a contact to whom he can sell some of the information he has obtained. While he waits for the meeting, he sits on a crate and studies the book he found on the alien creature's corpse. It fills his mind with plenty of knowledge, but it also seems to take something away to make room for it.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:40 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 14
Asylum - Unnamable
OOC,Gloria picks up the Clue.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 14

OOC,I'm having troubles to access the site. And sometimes after writing sentences and pushing the "submit" button the page give an error, anyone else has similar troubles?
Jack after making his walk in the grave felt the same strange feeling he had when he appeared in that other world. But now the landscape was normal: cold and barren. He saw his hands: they were still his hands.
-Ok, where am I now?
Feeling tired, and not seeing anything he decided to sleep a bit. He awaked suddenly in panic, afraid of being attacked by some strange creature, but he was still alone.
-How will I return home??

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter- Turn 14
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] trades in his The Dreamlands Gate trophy and receives $5.
Dexter drops his book and stands up when he sees the man in the dark coat arrive. The man's hat conceals his face in shadow. Dexter hands him some souvenirs from his tour of Thran in the land of dreams, and in exchange he is given a crisp, new five dollar bill.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:25 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 14
The Unamable
OOC,In a dusty and decaying roll-top desk you find a mysterious manuscript.If you read it, make a Lore (-1) check. Lore 5 -1 =4d6: 2 2 2 3 Clue token + skill gives an additional die, 2d6: 1 3 Clue token + skill gives an additional die, 2d6: 3 5 If you pass, draw 1 Spell - Red Sign of Shudde M'ell. If you fail, the manuscript is nothing but the insane babbling of a previous renter. Stay here next turn reading it, but gain 2 Clue tokens. **doh!- should not have spent the Clues.**

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 14,[b]Strange Tremors Cease![/b] Headline: All Chthonians and Dholes in Arkham are returned to the cup. If at least one monster returns to the cup, raise the terror level by 1. Gate does not open at Independence Square due to Elder Sign. Clue appears at The Unnamable and is automatically picked up by [b]Gloria[/b]. Ghoul moves from Southside streets to Uptown streets. Ghoul moves from Southside streets to Uptown streets. Gug moves from Uptown streets to Southside streets. Nightgaunt remains in Sky. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2070773/]Does the Chthonian cause a quake in Turn 14? (1d6.hits(4)=1)[/url] Chthonian causes a quake. [b]Dexter Drake[/b] loses 1 Stamina. [b]Gloria Goldberg[/b] loses 1 Stamina (unless she successfully casts Flesh Ward). Chthonian returns to the cup. I believe the Dhole does not, as it is in the Outskirts, not in Arkham. The terror level increases by 1, to 2. Ruby Standish leaves Arkham and is removed from the game.
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 15
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Sneak from 1 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 5 to 3. I hope you're not counting on me to seal 2 more gates! That'll take a while, even with Find Gate. I suggest that [b]Gloria[/b] grab another Clue from the Black Cave to bring her back up to 5. Then we'll see if another gate opens somewhere. I went ahead and posted in advance, since all [b]Monterey[/b] does in his encounter is to get 1 Stamina back and I won't be able to post again until tomorrow night.

Another tremor sends Dexter sprawling. No sooner has it started than it inexplicably stops.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:04 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack upkeep turn 15
OOC,No changes
Jack after slleping very well, simply tried to look a way to return to Arkham.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:00 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 15
The Unnamable
OOC,No changes Roll to keep blessed, 1d6: 4 Gloria will pick up the Clue at the Black Cave.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 15
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 movement points moving to the Arkham Asylum.
Dexter regains his feet. His bruises are bad, but his mental damage from his recent encounters and reading that disturbing play is far worse. He heads downtown to the asylum for some additional treatment.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:45 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 15
Unammable - Black Cave
OOC,Clue token picked up.

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:34 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Movement - Turn 16
OOC,Jack leaves the plateau of Leng, but keeps the portal open
After some time traveling, Jack found himself again in Arkham in a mysterious way. But he feeled that the portal was still open, and he didn't knew ho to close it..

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:29 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 15
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] pays $2 and has his Sanity restored to maximum. Next turn [b]Gloria[/b] will be able to trade with [b]Monterey[/b] if she enters the Graveyard during the Movement Phase. He should give her $2 so she can get healed later.
Dexter checks himself into the asylum again, paying to receive the best care available.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Golderg Encounter - Turn 15
Black Cave
OOC,Dragon's Eye used and 1 Sanity spent to draw a 2nd encounter. Make a Luck (+0) check, 2d6: 6 4 Searching the body [of a previous spelunker] draw 1 Common Item: Press Pass.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:04 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Arkham Encounter - Turn 15

OOc,Nothing happens.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 15,[b]Witch Burning Anniversary![/b] Headline: An ancient curse strikes Arkham, releasing 2 monsters into the Rivertown streets. An eighth Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate opens at Unvisited Isle to The Dreamlands. A Gug emerges. Clue appears at Science Building. No monsters move. Nightgaunt appears in Rivertown streets. Shoggoth appears in Outskirts instead of Rivertown streets because the monster limit has been reached.
OOC,Next turn Gloria should attempt to sneak past the Nightgaunt to the Plateau of Leng gate. If she fails to evade, she'll be drawn through the gate anyway (after making a Horror check). I'll have to take on the Gug (using the Powder) and go to The Dreamlands. With luck we'll win in three more turns.

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 16
Black Cave
OOC,Speed (2) < 2, Sneak (2) > 2 Roll to keep blessed, 1d6: 4

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:43 pm
by kabukiman
MOnteret Jack upkeep turn 16
OOC,will 1>3, fight 4<2

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 15
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] does not adjust his sliders this turn. [b]Gloria[/b] will automatically fail her Evade check, since her Sneak is 2 and the Nightgaunt's Awareness is -2. This means she'll have to make her Horror check and then she'll automatically take combat damage (which in this case is getting chucked into the gate she was heading for anyway). Don't use your Clue tokens! You need all five of them to seal the gate when you get back. [b]Monterey[/b] can fight the Nightgaunt when he moves, after [b]Gloria[/b] goes. He should use the Sword of Glory, as it gets him more dice than the .38 and the whip. He can still use the whip's special ability to reroll a missed die even without devoting any hands to it.

Dexter checks himself out of the asylum after some much needed rest and is once again ready to face the world.

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 16
Black Cave - Rivertown
OOC,Horror check vs. Nightgaunt, Will (2) -1 =1d6: 5 Gloria fails the Combat check and is thrown into the gate.
Gloria intuitively knows what the creature will do. She closes her eyes as the awful canine face leers at her, and then in a stream of air the Nightgaunt propels her into an other world.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:28 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 16

After some time walking in the graveyard, Jack heard the noise from wings. he saw a huge shadow, with a head without a face.
-Gasp! What is that?
OOC,Horror check: Will (3)-Horror Rating(1)=2d6: 3,1. failed, lose 1 sanity Combat: Fight (2)+Sword of glory (6)-Combat rating(2)=6d6. 1,2,6,5,1,4, Needed 2 success, monster is dead and another trophy and lose another sanity point.
Jack was in shock when he saw the faceless creature and was paralyzed for a few seconds, but then he understood he had to do something; he doubted that his gun would do anything against that creature, so he used the magic weapon that he kept. With a single blow, he decapitated the creature.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 16
OOC,[b]Monterey[/b] only loses 1 Sanity, not 2. Tabs, after drawing [b]Gloria[/b]'s Gate card, you should draw one for me too. I went ahead and did my own Arkham Encounter phase (getting pulled through the gate), since [b]Gloria[/b] doesn't have an encounter until the Other World Encounter phase and [b]Monterey[/b] doesn't have an encounter in the street at all. [b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 movement points moving to the Unvisited Isle. He attempts to evade the Gug. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078764/]Evade check (Sneak 3 - 2 Awareness = 1 die) to sneak past the Gug (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078765/]Spending 1 Clue token to add a die to Evade check (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078766/]Spending second Clue token to add a die to the Evade check (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]

Dexter makes his way to the Unvisited Isle, his uncanny ability to locate gates guiding him. When he arrives, he catches the barest glimpse of a gigantic monster from his worst nightmares. He knows it must be from the land of dreams, and he uses the knowledge he obtained the last time he was there to avoid it, hiding from its view and swimming across a bay to mask his scent. Finally, he manages to get past it and begins to search for the gate he knows is there.

Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter- Turn 16
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] is pulled through the gate to the first area of The Dreamlands.
Dexter finds the shimmering portal and is once again pulled through it before he has a chance to shut it down.

Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:13 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg OW Encounter - Turn 16
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Pass a Fight (-2) check to pry open a grate you find built into the wall. Inside you find something fascinating. Draw 1 Unique Item. 1d6: 5 - Holy Water.

Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:58 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Encounter - Turn 16

Nothing happens

Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 16
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 Clue tokens to pass his Speed check, leaving him with 4. Now he doesn't have enough to seal the gate when he returns. [b]Monterey[/b] had better go to the Science Lab, pick up the Clue there, and then sell 5 Toughness worth of monster trophies to get 3 more. First he'll have to deal with that WItch, though. I had no choice but to use the Clues, since I would have been devoured if I failed the roll. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083327/]Speed(-2) check to avoid avalanche (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083328/]Spending one Clue token to gain extra die for Speed check (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083329/]Spending second Clue token to add extra die to Speed check (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083330/]Spending third Clue token to add extra die to Speed check (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]
Dexter finds himself on a mountainside and hears a rumbling sound above him. Huge boulders are tumbling down the side of the mountain at him, and it takes everything he has to get out of the way before the avalanche can crush him to a pulp.
Mythos Phase - Turn 16,[b]Sheldon Gang Turns to Police for Aid![/b] Headline: The Sheldon Gang disturbs a burial mound, releasing 2 monsters into the Uptown streets. Monster Surge(4) due to open Gate at the Graveyard: Witch appears at Graveyard, Ghoul goes to Outskirts due to monster limit being reached. The Outskirts are now full. Star Spawn, Maniac, Ghost, Dhole, Shoggoth, and Ghoul return to the cup. Terror level increases from 2 to 3. General Store is closed. Sir William Brinton leaves Arkham and is removed from the game. High Priest goes to Outskirts. Warlock goes to Outskirts. Clue does not appear at Unvisited Isle due to open Gate. Witch moves from Graveyard to Rivertown streets. Maniac and Ghost appear in Outskirts instead of Uptown streets because the monster limit has been reached.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:42 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack upkeep turn 17
OOC,Fight: 2>4 Will: 3<1
Jack was preparing to leave when he saw one of the most beautiful women he ever saw.
"Finally my luck is changing"

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 17
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Lore from 3 to 5 and decreases his Luck from 3 to 1.

Dexter finds a cave to take shelter in. Now that he has a moment to relax, he closes his eyes and concentrates on finding the way home.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:08 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 17
OOC,Roll to keep blessed, 1d6: 4
Gloria senses that the tide is turning in the battle against Yog-Sothoth, for the worse; but there is still time...

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:20 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 17

-Hello pretty boy, what are you doing alone in this place?-said the women with an intense look
-I like to walk at night, and well...- Jack was astonished when he saw her undressing
-Come with me, and I'l make you see more interesting things
"Oh boy, finally my luck is turning"-thought Jack- Could we go to a nicer place?-he told her
-Why? Are you afraid of ghosts?
-Well not really- Jack wasn't in the mood of telling from where he had come and what he had seen, it would probably ruin the moment- well, ok.
After some minutes, when the couple was in the climax, Jack seemed to hear the girl saying some strange prayer about goats and thousands of young, but he thought he was imagining things. And then he saw the girl with a ceremonial dagger ready to pierce his heart; he immediately punch her.
OOC,Combat: Fight (4)+.38 revolver(3)+Bullwhip(1)- witch(3)=5d6. Need 1 success.3,4,6,5,1. Another trophy
She was bleeding from the nose, but still lovely and naked. "Can't get distracted" Jack thought.
She jumped to him, but he had already got his gun and Bullwhip, so he managed to stop her with the whip and shot her. She died quickly. She murmured something of the black mother receive her and she died.
"Nice. Now I shoot women. Crazy women, but still women."

OOC: I hope you don't mind with my telling be a bit more... mature.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 17
OOC,I don't mind. Zombie Apocalypse can be mature in places too. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2086243/]Spell check (Lore 5 - 1 Casting modifier = 4 dice) casting Find Gate (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] casts Find Gate, paying 1 Sanity.
Dexter concentrates and closes his eyes. In his mind, he can see the gate back to Arkham, deeper in this cave system, and he instantly knows the route to reach it. Opening his eyes again, he hurries through the tunnels until he finds the swirling vortex and hurls himself through it.

Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 17
OOC,Since [b]Gloria[/b] just moves to the second area of the Plateau of Leng and [b]Monterey[/b] has no Arkham Encounter in the Rivertown streets, I went ahead and did my encounter to try to close the gate. Next is [b]Gloria[/b]'s Other World Encounter, and then I'll carry out the Mythos Phase. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2086312/]Lore(+1)[2] check to close The Dreamlands gate (6d6.hits(5)=3)[/url] The Dreamlands gate at the Unvisited Isle is closed, and [b]Dexter[/b] takes it as a trophy. Both Gugs and the Nightgaunt return to the monster cup.
Dexter pops out of the gate, back on the Unvisited Isle. He can hear the roar of the monster nearby, and he knows he doesn't have much time. He concentrates, closing his eyes again and focusing all of the magical energies at his command into shutting the gate. As he is doing so, he can hear the horrible beast roar and its pounding footsteps getting closer and closer. Fortunately, he is getting to be an old hand at closing gates, and he completes the incantation with moments to spare. He holds onto a nearby tree as the wind picks up. The monster lets out another roar, this time one of frustration as it is pulled violently through the gate, which then shrinks to a singularity and vanishes. Dexter opens his eyes again. All is peaceful.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg OW Encounter - Turn 17
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Red: R'lyeh Plateau of Leng Other You are taken to a prehistoric monastry,... - Fail a Lore check and you are lost in time and space. (Uh, no thanks.) Red: R'lyeh Abyss Other The obsidian door refuses to open. Pass a Fight (-1) check or stay here next turn, struggling with it. Fight (3) -1 =2d6: 1 2
Gloria pushes weakly against the dark portal, her strength is not enough to open it. She collapses to the ground and sobs: "Monsters, Arkham, all of... this; it's too much for me."

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 17,[b]Good Work Undone[/b] [b]Rumor[/b]: When this card enters play, place 6 Clue tokens on it. Any player may spend Clue tokens during the [b]Arkham Encounter Phase[/b] while in the Easttown streets to discard Clue tokens from this card on a 1-for-1 basis. [b]Ongoing Effect[/b]: Roll two dice at the end of every [b]Mythos Phase[/b] (beginning the turn after it entered play). For every 1 or 2 rolled, place 1 Clue token on this card. [b]Pass[/b]: If there are no Clue tokens on this card, return it to the box. Each player draws 1 Unique Item. [b]Fail[/b]: If there are 10 Clue tokens on this card, return it to the box. All elder sign tokens are removed from the board. [b]Activity at[/b]: Easttown Streets A ninth Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate opens at Unvisited Isle to Yuggoth. A Cultist emerges. [b]Dexter[/b] is drawn through and delayed. No Clue appears. Both Ghouls move from Uptown to Southside Streets.
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 18
OOC,[size=150]D'oh! :evil: [/size] [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Luck from 1 to 3 and decreases his Lore from 5 to 3. Okay, [b]Monterey[/b] needs to go to the Science Building to pick up the Clue and cash in 5 Toughness worth of monster trophies for 2 more, giving him a total of 5. I can't cast Find Gate this turn, but next turn I can. [b]Gloria[/b] should still go ahead and seal the gate to the Plateau of Leng when she returns next turn. With luck we can finish this fast before the Rumor wrecks everything. [b]Monterey[/b] can use his Clues to keep it in check until I can get back and finish it.

Dexter tries to seal the gate permanently, but he cannot quite manage to do it before another one opens on the same spot. He screams as he is dragged through into a different alien world.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:06 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep- Turn 18
OOC,Fight 4<3 Will 1>2
OOC: Hope I won't regret this...

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:18 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 18
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Roll to keep blessed, 1d6: 6

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 18
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] stands up and is no longer delayed. [b]Monterey[/b] should now move to the Science Building so he can stock up on Clue tokens. [b]Gloria[/b]'s movement will just be standing up as well, since she was delayed too (that's what "stay here next turn" is). This means [b]Monterey[/b] could then sell monster trophies for more Clues during the Arkham Encounter phase before I have my Other World Encounter on Yuggoth and [b]Gloria[/b] has one on the Plateau of Leng. I should have taken out the Gug before going through the gate. Then I might not have burned those 2 Clues first. Failing that, I could have waited until the next turn and used Cultes Des Goules to get the fifth Clue token I needed and then fought the Gug before closing the gate. I could do that after returning, but Yuggoth is a lot harder to close. I'm better off tossing my Clues at the Rumor and hoping one of us draws an Elder Sign as our reward.
Dexter regains his feet and examines his bizarre new surroundings.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:30 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 18
OOC,Jack move to the SCIENCE BUILDING
Monterey thought that it was better to tell to someone his experience, and that didn't included a doctor with some pills. Taking fragments of the bodies of several the creatures he had killed and kept parts, he decide to take it to the science building, looking for some answers: were those normal creatures (but unknown to science), or some mystical nightmares?

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:42 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 18
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2092834/]Luck(-2) roll to get 2 Clue Tokens and avoid being delayed in Yuggoth encounter (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2092836/]Spending one Clue token to get two extra dice on the Luck check (with Luck skill) (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2092837/]Spending a second Clue token to add two dice to the Luck check (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] Oh well, at least I broke even on Clue tokens. [b]Dexter[/b] spends 2 Clue tokens and gains 2 back, leaving him still with 4.
Dexter looks up at the stars in the sky. He can see the very distant sun, but it doesn't look much bigger than the other stars. He sees a ringed planet that can only be Saturn, but it is far smaller than it looks from Earth. Wherever he is, it must be somewhere in the solar system.

Just then, he feels a strange presence invading his mind and trying to take control of his body. He struggles with all of his will to resist, but it is extremely powerful. Finally he tries thinking of a symbol he has seen before in one eldritch tome or another, a five-pointed star with an eye in the center. By concentrating on it, he is able to force the alien mind to flee.

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:02 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg OW Encounter - Turn 18
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Green: The Dreamlands Plateau of Leng Other The rickety bridge... Fail a Fight (-1) check, you are lost in time and space. - NO! Red: Abyss Plateau of Leng Other The loathsome villagers send out their strongest warrior to fight you in unarmed combat. Pass a Fight (-1) [2] checkto defeat him... Fight (3) -1 =2d6: 6 2, on failure lose 1 Sanity and 2 Stamina. Gloria casts Flesh Ward, Sanity cost 1, modifier -2; Lore (5) -2 =3d6: 1 1 1. She must spend a Clue or be lost in time and space and Devoured! 1 Clue on Lore check, her skill adds an extra die, 2d6= 5 4; Gloria loses 2 Sanity but no Stamina. Using Dragon's Eye, deducting 1 Sanity, a 3rd encounter. Red: R'lyeh Abyss Other The colours are blinding. Pass a Lore (-1) check or stay here next turn. Lore (5) -1 =4d6: 6 5 4 3 At last! So, the total loss is only 1 Sanity.
A braying crowd circle her and start a diabolical chant. They pause to cheer when a bronzed man, tall and strong, breaks their ranks. He lays his spear upon the rock and motions Gloria to do the same with her weapons. She catches herself from laughing maniacally from the sheer unfairness of the combat; and lifts her sinewy arms in a pathetic attempt to ward off his blows.
Gloria readies a spell to relieve herself of physical damage, the consequence of losing conciousness is death.

She remembers the Dragon's Eye (with psychic prompting), everything that happened was simply an awful hallucination.

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:45 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Encounter - Turn 18
OOC,Monterey gives sthe star spawn and a zombie in exchange of 2 clue tokens
Montere arrived at his destiny. He found an old man, in the laboratory.
-Yes?
-Good morning, mine name is Monterey Jack, I'm an archaeologist, and in my travels I have found, well, this... -And he give him samples of two monsters.
-That is very interesting! I have never found specimens like that. Could you sell them?
-Sorry, but no, I don't do this for money.
-That's a relief, I don't like to deal with those kind of people too. But I have another idea. I have found other strange creatures and made some studies. I can give you a copy of my notes about the subject. Seems good?
-Yes, I agree with that.

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 18,[b]Rivertown Residents Take Back Streets![/b] [b]Headline[/b]: All monsters in the Rivertown streets or locations are returned to the cup. A tenth Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate opens at The Witch House to City of the Great Race. A Dimensional Shambler emerges. Clue appears at Black Cave. Dimensional Shambler moves from The Witch House to the French Hill streets and then to the Rivertown streets. Dimensional Shambler is returned to the cup. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2095117/]Do any more Clue tokens get added to Good Work Undone (1 or 2)? (1d6=5, 1d6=5)[/url] No more Clue tokens are added to Good Work Undone.

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:03 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 19
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 4.

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:11 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack Upkeep - Turn 19
OOC,Lore-4<3 Luck-2>3

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:57 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 19
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Lore from 3 to 4 and decreases his Luck from 3 to 2. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Fight from 1 to 2 and decreases his Will from 3 to 2.

Now free of the alien presence, Dexter concentrates again and tries to find the way back home.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:57 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 19
Plateau of Leng - Arkham

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:09 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 19

After some time, Monterey heard rumours that something strange was happening in the Witch House, even weirder than the usual. He was scared, but decide to investigate anyway.
OOC,Monterey enter the Witch House

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 19
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 1 Sanity (leaving him with 3) and casts Find Gate. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2124898/]Lore(-1) roll casting Find Gate (3d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] D'oh! Failed. Guess I'll just move on to the second area of Yuggoth and have another Encounter when it's my turn. Maybe I'll luck out and get another Clue or two. [b]Gloria[/b] can now try to seal her gate. [b]Monterey[/b] will just go through his gate during the Arkham Encounter phase, so we'll both need Gate cards drawn for our Other World encounters, in our turn order.
Dexter concentrates hard, but he is unable to find a gate leading back to Arkham nearby. Shaking his head, he trudges through this alien environment, knowing that he'll have to take the long way home.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 19
OOC,To close Plateau of Leng, Lore (5) -1 [2] =4d6: 6 6 4 2. Yeeeees! Gloria also spends 5 Clues to place an elder sign at the Graveyard. Also, Diamond monsters are removed from the board.
She seals the gate. A smile forms across her crinkly lips, "I've done it! I've done it!

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:41 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack encounter turn-19

Jack suddenly felt the same strange feeling he had once, and he was again in the strange city. Instead of arms and legs, he had... well, he couldn't describe it well. But it was much easier and he could even understand some of the words that the creatures were buzzing. And a vital information arrived: the dread Yog-Sothoth was awakening, because the gates between the other dimensions and earth were opening. So he decide to return as soon as possible and try to close those gates.
OOC,Luck check: Luck (3)-1= 2d6. 5,6. Passed, gain 2 clue tokens.

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:34 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack encounter turn 19
OOC: New version

Jack suddenly felt the same strange feeling he had once, and he was again in the strange city. Instead of arms and legs, he had... well, he couldn't describe it well. But it was much easier and he could even understand some of the words that the creatures were buzzing. And a vital information arrived: the dread Yog-Sothoth was awakening, because the gates between the other dimensions and earth were opening. He started to know several creatures: SSlass a serpent man from ancient Valusia, Gornor a pre-human from Hyperborea, Ling from the Tang dinasty and clone model 356-B from the 24 century. All nice guys. The big surprise was from someone who told him it was from XX century from Arkham. It was a girl. Monterey told him some if his adventures, but suddenly, the girl attacked him. His new companions were horrified and tried to call the members from the great race. She projected a mental image and he understood that she was a sister from the women he killed before and a fellow member from the cult...
OOC,Combat: Fight (3)+.38 revolver(3)+Bullwhip(1)- witch(3)=4d6. Need 1 success. 6,4,3,2. Another trophy
The members from the Great race were very pragmatic; she had attacked without a valid reason (at least as they saw it) and Jack had defend himself. They just made some questions to study him better and understand his feelings and her motivation from scientifically reasons, not for moral ones.

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 19
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2130299/]Fight(-1) check in Yuggoth encounter to draw 1 Spell (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] fails the roll. Nothing happens
As Dexter trudges through the strange environment, a piece of parchment blows past on the wind and he recognizes arcane symbols inscribed upon it. Eagerly he chases after it and tries to grab it, but the wind is too powerful and soon it flies out of reach.
Mythos Phase - Turn 19,[b]Lodge Members Watch the Night![/b] [b]Headline[/b]: All monsters in the French Hill streets or locations are returned to the cup. Monster Surge(4) at Unvisited Isle due to open Gate: Mi-Go appears at Unvisited Isle, Cultist appears at Woods, Dhole appears at Historical Society, Nightgaunt added to Outskirts due to Monster Limit being reached. Clue appears at Science Building. Mi-Go moves from Unvisited Isle to Sky. Dhole moves from Historical Society to Southside streets. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2130308/]Do any more Clue tokens get added to Good Work Undone (1 or 2) on Turn 19? (1d6=3, 1d6=1)[/url] One more Clue token is added to Good Work Undone, for a total of 7.

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:27 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack upkeep- turn 20
OOC,Fight 3 Will 2
Edited

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 20
OOC,Are you sure you want to do that? Remember that you don't go back to Arkham until next turn (unless you're lucky enough to get an encounter that sends you home), so you can raise your Fight to 5 then. You might need that 2 Will for the upcoming encounter, especially if you run into another monster. 2 Sanity isn't much. You may want to reconisder. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Speed from 3 to 4 and decreases his Sneak from 3 to 2. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Fight from 2 to 3 and decreases his Will from 2 to 1.

Dexter continues trudging through the alien world, still looking for a gate leading back to Arkham.

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:09 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 20
Graveyard
OOC,Speed >2 to 4, Sneak <2 to 0 Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 5

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 20
OOC,Since [b]Monterey[/b] is just moving to the second area of the City of the Great Race and I won't be able to post my move until Wednesday night if I don't do it now...I'm doing it now. :) Since I'm not attempting to close the gate, I won't be doing anything during my Arkham Encounter phase. [b]Gloria[/b] can go ahead and do her thing at the Science Building and then draw a Gate card for [b]Monterey[/b]'s Other World encounter. [b]Dexter[/b] returns to Arkham and gains an explored marker. [b]Dexter[/b] chooses to fight the Cultist this turn. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2133711/]Combat check (3 + 1 [Knife] - 1 [Cultist] = 3 dice) fighting Cultist, round 1 (3d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] loses 1 Stamina in Round 1, leaving him with 2. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2133712/]Combat check (3 + 1 [Knife] - 1 [Cultist] = 3 dice) fighting Cultist, Round 2 (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] defeats the Cultist, claiming it as a trophy.
Dexter finally locates the shimmering gate leading home and leaps through it. He is back on the island, but he is not alone. A figure in a dark, hooded robe stands nearby, chanting under his breath. Dexter cautiously approaches the man, who whirls to face him with a mad look in his eye. "Ia!" he shouts. "The mighty Yog-Sothoth will awaken soon!"

"Not if I can help it," says Dexter.

"You cannot!" The man pulls out a wicked-looking curved dagger from the folds of his robes. "Yog-Sothoth, receive this sacrifice!" He rushes Dexter, who hastily draws his own knife, but a bit too slowly. Though he tries to twist aside, the madman slices into his shoulder. Grimacing in pain, Dexter plunges his blade into his attacker's heart, slaying him in an instant. For the first time since the War, he has taken a human life. He hopes it will be the last.

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:19 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement & Encounter - Turn 20
Graveyard - Science Building
OOC,Gloria moves to the Science Building, picking up the Clue, and for her encounter she trades in a gate trophy, for 2 Clues; she now has 3.
The professor peers at the luminous lump with intense curiosity.
Gloria states, "This here is proof of another world, all that now remains of a portal to a place beyond space and time!"
Professor Littlewit replies, "Yes, I can see that, Ms Goldberg."
Gloria suspects that he does not have the faintest idea of what it is.

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:46 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement and encounter turn 20
OOC,Luck: 3-1=2d6. 6,2. Found the statue

After some time, Jack was attracted by a pedestal with a strange statue. It was a vaguely anthropoid figure, with 2 bat-wings and tentacles in the face. It was carved in a unknown metal who seemed very old... and valuable. But it had a sinister look, and Jack decide to leave it alone.
"Besides, it wouldn't be nice to steal, and the race who dominated this place would be probably anoyed."

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
Mythos Phase - Turn 20,[b]Lodge Member Held for Questioning![/b] [b]Headline[/b]: A Silver Lodge ritual lets 2 monsters loose in the French Hill streets. An eleventh Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate opens at Black Cave to R'lyeh. The Clue token at Black Cave is removed from the board. A Hound of Tindalos emerges. Clue appears at Hibb's Roadhouse. Mi-Go remains in Sky. Dhole moves to Uptown streets. Hound of Tindalos moves to Unvisited Isle ([b]Dexter[/b] is closer than [b]Gloria[/b]). Vampire goes to the Outskirts instead of the French Hill streets because the Monster Limit was reached. The Outskirts overflow and are emptied into the cup. The Terror Level increases from 3 to 4. John Legrasse leaves Arkham and is removed from the game. Shoggoth goes to the Outskirts instead of the French Hill streets because the Monster Limit was reached. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134882/]Do any more Clue tokens get added to Good Work Undone (1 or 2) on Turn 20? (1d6=2, 1d6=6)[/url] One more Clue token is added to Good Work Undone, bringing the total to 8.
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 21
OOC,Ah, nuts! I was going to increase my Speed and Lore so I could read Cultes Des Goules and get that extra clue, then move to Easttown and finish off that Rumor with [b]Gloria[/b]. Instead I'll go to the Science Building if I can evade the Hound and grab 2 more Clue tokens. While there I can trade stuff with [b]Gloria[/b]. I could use that .45, or she could trade me the Shotgun for the Knife. I can also give her Find Gate, as if anyone is going to have to take another trip, she's the best suited. I could use Wither as well, if you think you can spare it. Hopefully [b]Monterey[/b] will seal that sixth gate during the Arkham Encounter phase, but [b]Gloria[/b] will need to go to Easttown and feed those three Clues to Good Work Undone just in case. If the game goes to Turn 22, I'll have to put my Clues in. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Will from 1 to 2 and decreases his Fight from 3 to 2.

Dexter sees a shimmering coming from the area of the gate and hears a dreadful howl that chills his very soul. He has gotten the attention of something due to his many travels between dimensions, and he does not wish to face it. He prepares to slip away.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:30 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 21
OOC,Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 1; damn, card discarded. Yep, we'll trade Mr. Handy, .45 & Wither for Find Gate.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:43 pm
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement turn 21
OOC,Fight 3>5 Will 2>0

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 21
OOC,Too bad about losing the Blessing, but at least you got good use out of it and sealed that gate first! [b]Dexter[/b] tries to Evade the Hound of Tindalos [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135538/]Sneak(-1) roll to evade Hound of Tindalos (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] fails his Evade check. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135539/]Spending one Clue token to add a die to the Evade check (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] spends 1 Clue token to get an extra die and succeeds. He spends 3 movement points to move to the Science Building. He will give [b]Gloria[/b] Find Gate, and she can give him the .45 automatic and Wither as she leaves for Easttown. [b]Monetery[/b] will return to Arkham this turn. He gets a chance to close and seal the gate during the Arkham Encounter phase. He gets 5 dice and needs 2 successes. If he succeeds, we win! If he fails, don't spend any Clues. Just stay there and try again next turn. While it's possible that a gate will open at the Silver Twilight Lodge and awaken Yog-Sothoth, it's unlikely, but we don't have time to go around collecting Clues or an Elder Sign and then take another trip to an Other World.
Dexter runs along the shore for the small rowboat he used to reach the island, but he can tell that the beast is on his tail. Just when it looks like it will catch up to him, in a burst of inspiration, he leaps into the Miskatonic River and swims underwater. While this is no normal dog that is hunting him, his action does serve to throw it off the scent. He surfaces near the rowboat and climbs aboard, then rows back to town. After he reaches the dock, he dries himself off and makes his way through Arkham hurriedly to the Miskatonic University campus and enters the Science Building, knowing that time is running out and he needs more information.

When he arrives, he meets a woman whose aura shows that she too has mystical power and knowledge. "Greetings," he says. "I am Dexter Drake, magician at large. I could not help but notice that you have a gift. Surely you must be aware of the strange happenings around Arkham and the gateways that have been opening, tearing holes in the fabric of the universe itself. I know how to locate these holes, and I can teach you, but time is short. If we can mend enough of these tears, we can repair the fabric before it is too late."

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:36 pm
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 21
Science Building - Easttown
"Thank you, sir," says Gloria receiving the spell, she then hands over the .45 Automatic, "you'll find this a tremendous help; surely the horror is nearly over?"

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 21
OOC,All [b]Monterey[/b] is doing for the Movement Phase is returning to Arkham, so I'll carry out my Arkham Encounter phase in advance. Then [b]Gloria[/b] can spend 3 Clue tokens to suppress Good Work Undone, and finally [b]Monterey[/b] will be able to go for the win! :D [b]Dexter[/b] exchanges his Dreamlands Gate trophy for 2 Clue tokens.
"Thank you," says Dexter. "One way or the other, it will all be over soon. Good luck to you in your journeys."

Dexter enters the building and approaches Professor Littlewit. "I have some more extradimensional artifacts you may be interested in, Professor," he says.

"Yes, yes," says the professor, studying more souvenirs from the Dreamlands that Dexter has given him. "Fascinating..."

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 am
by Tabs
Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 21
Easttown
OOC,3 Clues deducted from the Rumor.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:16 am
by kabukiman
Monterey Jack movement & encounter turn 21

Jack after killing the crazy women decide to return to Arkham. He know now what to do. After some minus, he was breading and he could see the sky. The house was still menacing and he saw several fires fromthe city; he needed to be quick.He started to chant the words, being careful to avoid any mistakes.
OOC,Combat: Fight (5)- Great city (0)= 5d6. 1,3,5,4,5. Done.
At the beggining, Monterey thought that he done something wrong: everything was getting very bright near him, and he started to hear a huge scream, but then everything stoped, and he could hear the sing of birds. He had suceeded.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:24 am
by Tabs
OOC,Well done kabukiman :P :P :P
A thunderclap crashed in the sky above Gloria in the Easttown streets; strangely there are not any clouds. She skips with pleasure (the first time in 40 years), Yog-Sothoth is banished!

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, well done! Woohoo! We did it! :D 8-)
Suddenly Dexter realizes that he can no longer sense any gates anywhere around Arkham. He knows instinctively that they have finally been sealed and Yog-Sothoth has returned to his slumber. With a smile on his weary face, he trudges uptown to St. Mary's Hospital to get his many injuries looked at, secure in the knowledge that Arkham is safe at last...for now.