IC Arkham Horror

The fabric between dimensions is weakening, and portals to other worlds begin opening all over Arkham, unleashing strange creatures into the city. A band of crazed cultists attempts to summon Yog-Sothoth, putting all of humanity in danger. Psychic author Gloria Goldberg, renowned archaeologist Monterey Jack, and powerful magician Dexter Drake are all that stand in the way of total destruction of all we hold dear. Can they succeed in their desparate race against time?

Moderator: Tabs

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: IC Arkham Horror

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement turn 16

After some time walking in the graveyard, Jack heard the noise from wings. he saw a huge shadow, with a head without a face.
-Gasp! What is that?
OOC,Horror check: Will (3)-Horror Rating(1)=2d6: 3,1. failed, lose 1 sanity Combat: Fight (2)+Sword of glory (6)-Combat rating(2)=6d6. 1,2,6,5,1,4, Needed 2 success, monster is dead and another trophy and lose another sanity point.
Jack was in shock when he saw the faceless creature and was paralyzed for a few seconds, but then he understood he had to do something; he doubted that his gun would do anything against that creature, so he used the magic weapon that he kept. With a single blow, he decapitated the creature.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 16
OOC,[b]Monterey[/b] only loses 1 Sanity, not 2. Tabs, after drawing [b]Gloria[/b]'s Gate card, you should draw one for me too. I went ahead and did my own Arkham Encounter phase (getting pulled through the gate), since [b]Gloria[/b] doesn't have an encounter until the Other World Encounter phase and [b]Monterey[/b] doesn't have an encounter in the street at all. [b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 movement points moving to the Unvisited Isle. He attempts to evade the Gug. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078764/]Evade check (Sneak 3 - 2 Awareness = 1 die) to sneak past the Gug (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078765/]Spending 1 Clue token to add a die to Evade check (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2078766/]Spending second Clue token to add a die to the Evade check (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]

Dexter makes his way to the Unvisited Isle, his uncanny ability to locate gates guiding him. When he arrives, he catches the barest glimpse of a gigantic monster from his worst nightmares. He knows it must be from the land of dreams, and he uses the knowledge he obtained the last time he was there to avoid it, hiding from its view and swimming across a bay to mask his scent. Finally, he manages to get past it and begins to search for the gate he knows is there.

Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter- Turn 16
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] is pulled through the gate to the first area of The Dreamlands.
Dexter finds the shimmering portal and is once again pulled through it before he has a chance to shut it down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg OW Encounter - Turn 16
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Pass a Fight (-2) check to pry open a grate you find built into the wall. Inside you find something fascinating. Draw 1 Unique Item. 1d6: 5 - Holy Water.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Encounter - Turn 16

Nothing happens
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 16
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 Clue tokens to pass his Speed check, leaving him with 4. Now he doesn't have enough to seal the gate when he returns. [b]Monterey[/b] had better go to the Science Lab, pick up the Clue there, and then sell 5 Toughness worth of monster trophies to get 3 more. First he'll have to deal with that WItch, though. I had no choice but to use the Clues, since I would have been devoured if I failed the roll. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083327/]Speed(-2) check to avoid avalanche (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083328/]Spending one Clue token to gain extra die for Speed check (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083329/]Spending second Clue token to add extra die to Speed check (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083330/]Spending third Clue token to add extra die to Speed check (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]
Dexter finds himself on a mountainside and hears a rumbling sound above him. Huge boulders are tumbling down the side of the mountain at him, and it takes everything he has to get out of the way before the avalanche can crush him to a pulp.
Mythos Phase - Turn 16,[b]Sheldon Gang Turns to Police for Aid![/b] Headline: The Sheldon Gang disturbs a burial mound, releasing 2 monsters into the Uptown streets. Monster Surge(4) due to open Gate at the Graveyard: Witch appears at Graveyard, Ghoul goes to Outskirts due to monster limit being reached. The Outskirts are now full. Star Spawn, Maniac, Ghost, Dhole, Shoggoth, and Ghoul return to the cup. Terror level increases from 2 to 3. General Store is closed. Sir William Brinton leaves Arkham and is removed from the game. High Priest goes to Outskirts. Warlock goes to Outskirts. Clue does not appear at Unvisited Isle due to open Gate. Witch moves from Graveyard to Rivertown streets. Maniac and Ghost appear in Outskirts instead of Uptown streets because the monster limit has been reached.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack upkeep turn 17
OOC,Fight: 2>4 Will: 3<1
Jack was preparing to leave when he saw one of the most beautiful women he ever saw.
"Finally my luck is changing"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 17
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Lore from 3 to 5 and decreases his Luck from 3 to 1.

Dexter finds a cave to take shelter in. Now that he has a moment to relax, he closes his eyes and concentrates on finding the way home.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 17
OOC,Roll to keep blessed, 1d6: 4
Gloria senses that the tide is turning in the battle against Yog-Sothoth, for the worse; but there is still time...
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement turn 17

-Hello pretty boy, what are you doing alone in this place?-said the women with an intense look
-I like to walk at night, and well...- Jack was astonished when he saw her undressing
-Come with me, and I'l make you see more interesting things
"Oh boy, finally my luck is turning"-thought Jack- Could we go to a nicer place?-he told her
-Why? Are you afraid of ghosts?
-Well not really- Jack wasn't in the mood of telling from where he had come and what he had seen, it would probably ruin the moment- well, ok.
After some minutes, when the couple was in the climax, Jack seemed to hear the girl saying some strange prayer about goats and thousands of young, but he thought he was imagining things. And then he saw the girl with a ceremonial dagger ready to pierce his heart; he immediately punch her.
OOC,Combat: Fight (4)+.38 revolver(3)+Bullwhip(1)- witch(3)=5d6. Need 1 success.3,4,6,5,1. Another trophy
She was bleeding from the nose, but still lovely and naked. "Can't get distracted" Jack thought.
She jumped to him, but he had already got his gun and Bullwhip, so he managed to stop her with the whip and shot her. She died quickly. She murmured something of the black mother receive her and she died.
"Nice. Now I shoot women. Crazy women, but still women."

OOC: I hope you don't mind with my telling be a bit more... mature.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 17
OOC,I don't mind. Zombie Apocalypse can be mature in places too. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2086243/]Spell check (Lore 5 - 1 Casting modifier = 4 dice) casting Find Gate (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] casts Find Gate, paying 1 Sanity.
Dexter concentrates and closes his eyes. In his mind, he can see the gate back to Arkham, deeper in this cave system, and he instantly knows the route to reach it. Opening his eyes again, he hurries through the tunnels until he finds the swirling vortex and hurls himself through it.

Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 17
OOC,Since [b]Gloria[/b] just moves to the second area of the Plateau of Leng and [b]Monterey[/b] has no Arkham Encounter in the Rivertown streets, I went ahead and did my encounter to try to close the gate. Next is [b]Gloria[/b]'s Other World Encounter, and then I'll carry out the Mythos Phase. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2086312/]Lore(+1)[2] check to close The Dreamlands gate (6d6.hits(5)=3)[/url] The Dreamlands gate at the Unvisited Isle is closed, and [b]Dexter[/b] takes it as a trophy. Both Gugs and the Nightgaunt return to the monster cup.
Dexter pops out of the gate, back on the Unvisited Isle. He can hear the roar of the monster nearby, and he knows he doesn't have much time. He concentrates, closing his eyes again and focusing all of the magical energies at his command into shutting the gate. As he is doing so, he can hear the horrible beast roar and its pounding footsteps getting closer and closer. Fortunately, he is getting to be an old hand at closing gates, and he completes the incantation with moments to spare. He holds onto a nearby tree as the wind picks up. The monster lets out another roar, this time one of frustration as it is pulled violently through the gate, which then shrinks to a singularity and vanishes. Dexter opens his eyes again. All is peaceful.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg OW Encounter - Turn 17
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Red: R'lyeh Plateau of Leng Other You are taken to a prehistoric monastry,... - Fail a Lore check and you are lost in time and space. (Uh, no thanks.) Red: R'lyeh Abyss Other The obsidian door refuses to open. Pass a Fight (-1) check or stay here next turn, struggling with it. Fight (3) -1 =2d6: 1 2
Gloria pushes weakly against the dark portal, her strength is not enough to open it. She collapses to the ground and sobs: "Monsters, Arkham, all of... this; it's too much for me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mythos Phase - Turn 17,[b]Good Work Undone[/b] [b]Rumor[/b]: When this card enters play, place 6 Clue tokens on it. Any player may spend Clue tokens during the [b]Arkham Encounter Phase[/b] while in the Easttown streets to discard Clue tokens from this card on a 1-for-1 basis. [b]Ongoing Effect[/b]: Roll two dice at the end of every [b]Mythos Phase[/b] (beginning the turn after it entered play). For every 1 or 2 rolled, place 1 Clue token on this card. [b]Pass[/b]: If there are no Clue tokens on this card, return it to the box. Each player draws 1 Unique Item. [b]Fail[/b]: If there are 10 Clue tokens on this card, return it to the box. All elder sign tokens are removed from the board. [b]Activity at[/b]: Easttown Streets A ninth Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate opens at Unvisited Isle to Yuggoth. A Cultist emerges. [b]Dexter[/b] is drawn through and delayed. No Clue appears. Both Ghouls move from Uptown to Southside Streets.
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 18
OOC,[size=150]D'oh! :evil: [/size] [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Luck from 1 to 3 and decreases his Lore from 5 to 3. Okay, [b]Monterey[/b] needs to go to the Science Building to pick up the Clue and cash in 5 Toughness worth of monster trophies for 2 more, giving him a total of 5. I can't cast Find Gate this turn, but next turn I can. [b]Gloria[/b] should still go ahead and seal the gate to the Plateau of Leng when she returns next turn. With luck we can finish this fast before the Rumor wrecks everything. [b]Monterey[/b] can use his Clues to keep it in check until I can get back and finish it.

Dexter tries to seal the gate permanently, but he cannot quite manage to do it before another one opens on the same spot. He screams as he is dragged through into a different alien world.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Upkeep- Turn 18
OOC,Fight 4<3 Will 1>2
OOC: Hope I won't regret this...
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 18
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Roll to keep blessed, 1d6: 6
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 18
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] stands up and is no longer delayed. [b]Monterey[/b] should now move to the Science Building so he can stock up on Clue tokens. [b]Gloria[/b]'s movement will just be standing up as well, since she was delayed too (that's what "stay here next turn" is). This means [b]Monterey[/b] could then sell monster trophies for more Clues during the Arkham Encounter phase before I have my Other World Encounter on Yuggoth and [b]Gloria[/b] has one on the Plateau of Leng. I should have taken out the Gug before going through the gate. Then I might not have burned those 2 Clues first. Failing that, I could have waited until the next turn and used Cultes Des Goules to get the fifth Clue token I needed and then fought the Gug before closing the gate. I could do that after returning, but Yuggoth is a lot harder to close. I'm better off tossing my Clues at the Rumor and hoping one of us draws an Elder Sign as our reward.
Dexter regains his feet and examines his bizarre new surroundings.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement turn 18
OOC,Jack move to the SCIENCE BUILDING
Monterey thought that it was better to tell to someone his experience, and that didn't included a doctor with some pills. Taking fragments of the bodies of several the creatures he had killed and kept parts, he decide to take it to the science building, looking for some answers: were those normal creatures (but unknown to science), or some mystical nightmares?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 18
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2092834/]Luck(-2) roll to get 2 Clue Tokens and avoid being delayed in Yuggoth encounter (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2092836/]Spending one Clue token to get two extra dice on the Luck check (with Luck skill) (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2092837/]Spending a second Clue token to add two dice to the Luck check (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] Oh well, at least I broke even on Clue tokens. [b]Dexter[/b] spends 2 Clue tokens and gains 2 back, leaving him still with 4.
Dexter looks up at the stars in the sky. He can see the very distant sun, but it doesn't look much bigger than the other stars. He sees a ringed planet that can only be Saturn, but it is far smaller than it looks from Earth. Wherever he is, it must be somewhere in the solar system.

Just then, he feels a strange presence invading his mind and trying to take control of his body. He struggles with all of his will to resist, but it is extremely powerful. Finally he tries thinking of a symbol he has seen before in one eldritch tome or another, a five-pointed star with an eye in the center. By concentrating on it, he is able to force the alien mind to flee.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg OW Encounter - Turn 18
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Green: The Dreamlands Plateau of Leng Other The rickety bridge... Fail a Fight (-1) check, you are lost in time and space. - NO! Red: Abyss Plateau of Leng Other The loathsome villagers send out their strongest warrior to fight you in unarmed combat. Pass a Fight (-1) [2] checkto defeat him... Fight (3) -1 =2d6: 6 2, on failure lose 1 Sanity and 2 Stamina. Gloria casts Flesh Ward, Sanity cost 1, modifier -2; Lore (5) -2 =3d6: 1 1 1. She must spend a Clue or be lost in time and space and Devoured! 1 Clue on Lore check, her skill adds an extra die, 2d6= 5 4; Gloria loses 2 Sanity but no Stamina. Using Dragon's Eye, deducting 1 Sanity, a 3rd encounter. Red: R'lyeh Abyss Other The colours are blinding. Pass a Lore (-1) check or stay here next turn. Lore (5) -1 =4d6: 6 5 4 3 At last! So, the total loss is only 1 Sanity.
A braying crowd circle her and start a diabolical chant. They pause to cheer when a bronzed man, tall and strong, breaks their ranks. He lays his spear upon the rock and motions Gloria to do the same with her weapons. She catches herself from laughing maniacally from the sheer unfairness of the combat; and lifts her sinewy arms in a pathetic attempt to ward off his blows.
Gloria readies a spell to relieve herself of physical damage, the consequence of losing conciousness is death.

She remembers the Dragon's Eye (with psychic prompting), everything that happened was simply an awful hallucination.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Encounter - Turn 18
OOC,Monterey gives sthe star spawn and a zombie in exchange of 2 clue tokens
Montere arrived at his destiny. He found an old man, in the laboratory.
-Yes?
-Good morning, mine name is Monterey Jack, I'm an archaeologist, and in my travels I have found, well, this... -And he give him samples of two monsters.
-That is very interesting! I have never found specimens like that. Could you sell them?
-Sorry, but no, I don't do this for money.
-That's a relief, I don't like to deal with those kind of people too. But I have another idea. I have found other strange creatures and made some studies. I can give you a copy of my notes about the subject. Seems good?
-Yes, I agree with that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mythos Phase - Turn 18,[b]Rivertown Residents Take Back Streets![/b] [b]Headline[/b]: All monsters in the Rivertown streets or locations are returned to the cup. A tenth Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate opens at The Witch House to City of the Great Race. A Dimensional Shambler emerges. Clue appears at Black Cave. Dimensional Shambler moves from The Witch House to the French Hill streets and then to the Rivertown streets. Dimensional Shambler is returned to the cup. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2095117/]Do any more Clue tokens get added to Good Work Undone (1 or 2)? (1d6=5, 1d6=5)[/url] No more Clue tokens are added to Good Work Undone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1 - The Rise of Yog-Sothoth”