IC Arkham Horror

The fabric between dimensions is weakening, and portals to other worlds begin opening all over Arkham, unleashing strange creatures into the city. A band of crazed cultists attempts to summon Yog-Sothoth, putting all of humanity in danger. Psychic author Gloria Goldberg, renowned archaeologist Monterey Jack, and powerful magician Dexter Drake are all that stand in the way of total destruction of all we hold dear. Can they succeed in their desparate race against time?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

IC Arkham Horror

Post by Tabs »

Mythos Card
Strange Lights on Campus!
Headline
Open Gate and Spawn Monster Woods - R'lyeh - Mi-Go
Place Clue Token Historical Society
Move Monsters no movement
Activate Card's Special Ability

The Library, Administration Building, and Science Building are all closed until the end of next turn. Leave this card in play to indicate this.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Re: IC Arkham Horror

Post by Tabs »

Turn 1
Player Order
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep
Velma's Diner
Gloria stretches, then drains her coffee cup and stubs out her cigarette. She is ready.
OOC,Speed > 1 Sneak < 1 Gloria intends to move to the Graveyard.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Upkeep
Curiosity shop
Jack decides to look for some clue about the mysterious man.
OOC,no change in speed and sneak Jack pretends to go to Easttown
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Upkeep - Turn 1
OOC,You may want to reconsider that move for [b]Monty[/b]. There's nothing to do in the Easttown streets. It would be better to go to Independence Square instead, or to increase your Speed and go to Hibb's Roadhouse. That way you can pick up a clue and have an encounter. [b]Dexter[/b] does not refresh any cards. He does not have any upkeep activiites. He does not move his sliders. [b]Dexter[/b] plans to spend 1 movement point reading Nameless Cults (exhausting it) and 3 moving to the Historical Society, gaining 2 Clue Tokens. I went ahead and carried out my Movement Phase actions, as you've already posted your moves and nothing you do will affect it. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1998541/]Lore(-1) roll (4-1=3 dice) reading Nameless Cults (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] succeeds at reading Nameless Cults. He loses 1 Sanity and draws 2 Spells as per his special ability: Wither and Find Gate (sweet!). He keeps Find Gate and discards Wither. He then discards Nameless Cults. The Spells deck now has Wither at the bottom, followed by Mists of Releh above it. The Unique Items deck now has Nameless Cults at the bottom, followed by Silver Key. [b]Dexter[/b] will gain 2 Clue Tokens when he arrives at the Historical Society.

Dexter Drake removes his top hat and opens the door to Ye Olde Magick Shoppe. An ancient bell tinkles overhead as he walks in, his black cape swirling about him. The shopkeeper behind the counter, Miriam Beecher, looks up when she hears the sound. "How can I help you, sir?" she asks.

"Good day, ma'am," says Dexer, bowing deeply. "I am Dexter Drake, magician at large." He conjures a bouquet of flowers seemingly from nowhere and hands it to her. "I understand that you have knowledge of the arcane arts. The true arcane arts."

Miriam blushes as she takes the flowers. "Thank you, sir," she says. "I am Miriam Beecher. I know a few bits and pieces of ancient lore, yes. There are various scrolls and tomes for sale in my shop if you're interested." She reaches behind the counter and takes out an old book, placing it on the counter. She blows the dust off of it. It is clear that the book has not been touched in years. "This one in particular may interest you. It is called Nameless Cults, translated from the original German Unausprechlichen Kulten in 1845 by Bridewell of England. It is rumored to have certain magickal spells within its covers, but they come at a cost. Be careful, lest it destroy your very soul."

"How much do you want for it?"

Miriam shakes her head. "Take it. I'd rather not keep the accursed thing in my shop any longer. I sense something in the air...a change is coming."

"Thank you, my dear." Dexter takes the book. "So you sense it too? Tell me, have there been any strange happenings in Arkham lately?"

"Always. If everything were normal, that would be an unusual occurrence. Most recently, there have been some strange lights on the Miskatonic University campus, and classes have been canceled today. Also odd sounds have been heard coming from the Historical Society. It's just down the road to the east, before the South Church. You can't miss it. The building is also supposed to sit on a ley line."

"Really? I shall have to see it for myself. I am sure I will be returning to see what other magick and knowledge you have. Farewell." He snaps his fingers, and a puff of black smoke surrounds him. When it clears, he is gone.

Miriam shakes her head again. "Show off."
Dexter finds a quiet spot in the Uptown streets and sits down to examine his new book. The cover actually creaks when he opens it, and he begins to study the text within. Suddenly, his mind is flooded with understanding as he learns about the portals of power between worlds - and how to locate them. That knowledge comes at a price just as Miriam Beecher had said, however, as it shakes him to the core to learn how insignificant he and the tiny planet on which he stands are in the vast cosmos. The tome feels increasingly hot in his hands, and he is forced to drop it to avoid injury. Then it bursts into flame, and he watches in awe as it is utterly consumed. With no more fuel, the fire dies out, leaving not even a trace of the book's existence. Shuddering, he walks briskly away, heading for the Historical Society.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Movement
Velma's Diner - Graveyard
Gloria passed a dilapidated seventeenth-century tomb in the old burying ground in Arkham. She looked toward a giant willow in the cemetery, whose trunk had nearly engulfed an ancient, illegible slab and speculated fantastically about the spectral and unmentionable nourishment the colossal roots must be sucking from that hoary, charnel earth.
OOC,1 Clue Token taken from Graveyard.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement
OOC: Ok, so I will take Monterey to invisited island, since I can decide now where to go.

Jack thought that someone with robes would be too much conspicious in the street; it would be more logical that the person would be in a isolated place. Having heard of an isolated island near Arkham, Jack decide to start his inquire there. After passing by the noisy merchant district, he found himself suddenly in the nature, without a sound. No birds, insects, nothing. Jack was starting to think if going to the unvisited island all alone, had been a wise decision.
OOC,1 Clue Token taken from the Invisited sland
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 1
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 1 movement point reading Nameless Cults (exhausting it) and the remaining 3 moving to the Historical Society, gaining 2 Clue Tokens. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1998541/]Lore(-1) roll (4-1=3 dice) reading Nameless Cults (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] succeeds at reading Nameless Cults. He loses 1 Sanity and draws 2 Spells as per his special ability: Wither and Find Gate (sweet!). He keeps Find Gate and discards Wither. He then discards Nameless Cults. The Spells deck now has Wither at the bottom, followed by Mists of Releh above it. The Unique Items deck now has Nameless Cults at the bottom, followed by Silver Key. [b]Dexter[/b] gains 2 Clue Tokens at the Historical Society, bringing his total to 2.

Dexter Drake approaches the Historical Society building in Southside cautiously. The old building is itself historical. Nobody is about right now, so he creeps around the outside quietly to find out what he can before announcing his presence. As he is circling around the back, he hears chanting from an upstairs window: "Ia, Yog-Sothoth! The Key and the Gate!" A shiver goes down his spine as he recognizes the name of the Ancient One and the phrase to describe him from his study of Nameless Cults. Yog-Sothoth is responsible for these gates to other worlds mentioned in the tome. I've come to the right place, he thinks. The chanting has stopped, but he must discover who was chanting and why. He returns to the front of the building, summons up his courage, and walks in through the front door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Encounter
Graveyard
You find a man painting a picture of one of the horrible gargoyles lining the walls of the graveyard. Seeing you, he introduces himself as Richard Upton Pickman, a painter visiting from Boston. If you spend monster trophies that have a total of 5 toughness etc.
OOC,Gloria was getting excited until she read the part about the monster trophies! Nothing happens.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack encounter
Jack in frustration looked at the sky and suddenly was filled with terror: some strange stars where visible in the sky! Still recovering from the fright. This wasn't probably a coincidence.
OOC,Unvisited island: looking at the night sky from the island, you see a constelation, etc. Lose 1 sanity and gain 1 Clue Token.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter - Turn 1
OOC,"You encounter a friendly old professor from Miskatonic University. If you spend 1 gate trophy, he introduces himself as [b]Professor Armitage[/b] and offers to join forces with you. Take his Ally card if it is available, otherwise draw 1 Unique Item. Nothing happens, as [b]Dexter[/b] has no gate trophies.

Dexter sees an old man sitting in a chair in the lounge wearing a leather jacket with tweed patches and reading a book. He looks up when he hears the door open and greets Dexter with a smile. "Good day, sir," he says.

"Good day," replies Dexter. "I'm Dexter Drake. You must be a professor at Miskatonic University unless I miss my guess." The professor nods. "Have you ever heard of the name Yog-Sothoth before?"

He scratches his head. "That name does sound familiar. I probably did come across it in my studies at some point. Why do you ask?"

"I read about it in a book called Nameless Cults, which referred to it as 'The Key and the Gate.' It said a lot more about mystical gates between worlds. There was also someone upstairs chanting it as I was approaching the building."

"Really?" He rises. "I shall have to go see. If you learn anything more about these gates, come see me and let me know."

"It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope we cross paths again." Dexter shakes the professor's hand before the old man goes upstairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mythos Card
Bizarre Dreams Plague Citizens!
Headline
Open Gate and Spawn Monster Science Building - Great Hall of Celeano - Zombie
Place Clue Token The Witch House
Move Monsters no movement
Activate Card's Special Ability

All Gugs and Nightgaunts in Arkham are returned to the cup. If at least one monster returns to the cup, raise the terrror level by 1.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2
Player Order
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Upkeep-Turn 2
Jack has decide to leave that acursed Unvisited Island as quickly as possiblen not thinking in any place in particular to go.
OOC,Speed3>4, Sneak 1<0
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 2
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] decreases Speed from 4 to 3 and increases Sneak from 2 to 3. [b]Dexter[/b] decreases Lore from 4 to 3 and increases Luck from 2 to 3. [b]Dexter[/b] intends to go to the Silver Twilight Lodge, unless nobody else wants to visit the Witch House.

The professor stops as another man enters the front hall from a side door and calls out "Professor Armitage!"

"Yes?" he asks.

"I just got a telephone call for you from the University. They've reopened and started classes again, but it appears that they shouldn't have. A graduate student was conducting an experiment in the Science Building and...well...something went wrong."

Armitage returns downstairs at a run. "What kind of experiment?"

"Something about reanimation of dead tissue or some such."

Armitage throws on his coat. "Sounds like something that fellow West would do. I'd better get over there." He rushes out the front door, then calls back to Dexter. "If you're interested in learning more, you might want to visit the Silver Twilight Lodge over in French Hill. They have all sorts of old books and artifacts. But be careful - there are some odd goings-on there, to say the least!" And with that, Armitage is out the door and gone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep
OOC,Speed > 4 Sneak< 0 / Fight < 1 Will > 4 Gloria decides to close the gate at the Science Building.

She has a vision of a dark shadow covering the Science Building and a gate punched open to another world, Yog-Sothoth is tightening its grip on Arkham; also a shambling thing, teeth dripping as it groans its horrible cry is loose in the town.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement turn 2

Escaping from the dread island, Monterey was happy to return to civilization. But a strange and ruined house called his attention, and against better judgement, he entered.
OOC,Monterey goes to the witch house and collects the 2 clues.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 2
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 3 movement points going to the Silver Twilight Lodge. He gains 1 Clue Token there.

Following the directions that Professor Armitage gave him, Dexter Drake walks to French Hill and soon finds the Silver Twilight Lodge. The windows are lit with an eerie yellow light, and from within he can hear the faint sound of chanting, though he cannot make out any of the words. They don't seem to be English, nor any language which is familiar to him. Certain that he's on the right track, he heads inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Movement
Graveyard - Science Buiding
OOC,4 movement points spent. Zombie Horror check - Will 4[color=#0080FF]-1[/color]=3d6, 2 6 6 Fight check - Fight 1[color=#008040]+4[/color][color=#FF4040]-1[/color]=4d6, 1 2 5 5 1 Monster Trophy.

There was no-one at the Science Building, all seemed eerily quiet. Gloria considered what she should do next. Around the side of the building a waving bush catches her eye, she stares at it, then her eyes widen, a decrepit human-like monster - who looks like a corpse buried for 10 years, is sloshing towards her. Gloria draws the heavy .45 Automatic from her handbag and coolly waits until the Zombie is within range, aims at its yellow forehead and squeezes the trigger; with a sigh it drops to the ground.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack encounter turn 2

Monterey entered th house. The place had an aura menacing, and not just because it was menacing crumbling. No, it was something different. Like if someone or something evil was watching him. And suddenly he had an enourmes surprise: a dinning room full of food. Different kind of meats, tasty fruits, cakes, exotic wines, a true banquet was prepared. But Jack could't see anyone. Was it some surprise dinner? And Jack stomach started to make strange noises: he didn't have eat since the morning. Surely nobody would miss just some some apples... or a steack. After some minutes, he had lost compketly his manners and was eating like if there was no tomorow, losing all caution. And getting dizzy. He vomited, and decide to sitt a bit to recover. Lucky for him, it wasnt' anything serious.

OOC,The witch house. You find a banquet laid out in the dining room... I had 1 sucess, so in turn 3 I will stay at the witch house.

Return to “Episode 1 - The Rise of Yog-Sothoth”