IC Arkham Horror

The fabric between dimensions is weakening, and portals to other worlds begin opening all over Arkham, unleashing strange creatures into the city. A band of crazed cultists attempts to summon Yog-Sothoth, putting all of humanity in danger. Psychic author Gloria Goldberg, renowned archaeologist Monterey Jack, and powerful magician Dexter Drake are all that stand in the way of total destruction of all we hold dear. Can they succeed in their desparate race against time?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: IC Arkham Horror

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 19
Plateau of Leng
OOC,Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 4.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Upkeep - Turn 19
OOC,Lore-4<3 Luck-2>3
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 19
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Lore from 3 to 4 and decreases his Luck from 3 to 2. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Fight from 1 to 2 and decreases his Will from 3 to 2.

Now free of the alien presence, Dexter concentrates again and tries to find the way back home.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 19
Plateau of Leng - Arkham
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement turn 19

After some time, Monterey heard rumours that something strange was happening in the Witch House, even weirder than the usual. He was scared, but decide to investigate anyway.
OOC,Monterey enter the Witch House
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 19
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] spends 1 Sanity (leaving him with 3) and casts Find Gate. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2124898/]Lore(-1) roll casting Find Gate (3d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] D'oh! Failed. Guess I'll just move on to the second area of Yuggoth and have another Encounter when it's my turn. Maybe I'll luck out and get another Clue or two. [b]Gloria[/b] can now try to seal her gate. [b]Monterey[/b] will just go through his gate during the Arkham Encounter phase, so we'll both need Gate cards drawn for our Other World encounters, in our turn order.
Dexter concentrates hard, but he is unable to find a gate leading back to Arkham nearby. Shaking his head, he trudges through this alien environment, knowing that he'll have to take the long way home.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 19
OOC,To close Plateau of Leng, Lore (5) -1 [2] =4d6: 6 6 4 2. Yeeeees! Gloria also spends 5 Clues to place an elder sign at the Graveyard. Also, Diamond monsters are removed from the board.
She seals the gate. A smile forms across her crinkly lips, "I've done it! I've done it!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack encounter turn-19

Jack suddenly felt the same strange feeling he had once, and he was again in the strange city. Instead of arms and legs, he had... well, he couldn't describe it well. But it was much easier and he could even understand some of the words that the creatures were buzzing. And a vital information arrived: the dread Yog-Sothoth was awakening, because the gates between the other dimensions and earth were opening. So he decide to return as soon as possible and try to close those gates.
OOC,Luck check: Luck (3)-1= 2d6. 5,6. Passed, gain 2 clue tokens.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack encounter turn 19
OOC: New version

Jack suddenly felt the same strange feeling he had once, and he was again in the strange city. Instead of arms and legs, he had... well, he couldn't describe it well. But it was much easier and he could even understand some of the words that the creatures were buzzing. And a vital information arrived: the dread Yog-Sothoth was awakening, because the gates between the other dimensions and earth were opening. He started to know several creatures: SSlass a serpent man from ancient Valusia, Gornor a pre-human from Hyperborea, Ling from the Tang dinasty and clone model 356-B from the 24 century. All nice guys. The big surprise was from someone who told him it was from XX century from Arkham. It was a girl. Monterey told him some if his adventures, but suddenly, the girl attacked him. His new companions were horrified and tried to call the members from the great race. She projected a mental image and he understood that she was a sister from the women he killed before and a fellow member from the cult...
OOC,Combat: Fight (3)+.38 revolver(3)+Bullwhip(1)- witch(3)=4d6. Need 1 success. 6,4,3,2. Another trophy
The members from the Great race were very pragmatic; she had attacked without a valid reason (at least as they saw it) and Jack had defend himself. They just made some questions to study him better and understand his feelings and her motivation from scientifically reasons, not for moral ones.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Other World Encounter - Turn 19
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2130299/]Fight(-1) check in Yuggoth encounter to draw 1 Spell (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] fails the roll. Nothing happens
As Dexter trudges through the strange environment, a piece of parchment blows past on the wind and he recognizes arcane symbols inscribed upon it. Eagerly he chases after it and tries to grab it, but the wind is too powerful and soon it flies out of reach.
Mythos Phase - Turn 19,[b]Lodge Members Watch the Night![/b] [b]Headline[/b]: All monsters in the French Hill streets or locations are returned to the cup. Monster Surge(4) at Unvisited Isle due to open Gate: Mi-Go appears at Unvisited Isle, Cultist appears at Woods, Dhole appears at Historical Society, Nightgaunt added to Outskirts due to Monster Limit being reached. Clue appears at Science Building. Mi-Go moves from Unvisited Isle to Sky. Dhole moves from Historical Society to Southside streets. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2130308/]Do any more Clue tokens get added to Good Work Undone (1 or 2) on Turn 19? (1d6=3, 1d6=1)[/url] One more Clue token is added to Good Work Undone, for a total of 7.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack upkeep- turn 20
OOC,Fight 3 Will 2
Edited
Last edited by kabukiman on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 20
OOC,Are you sure you want to do that? Remember that you don't go back to Arkham until next turn (unless you're lucky enough to get an encounter that sends you home), so you can raise your Fight to 5 then. You might need that 2 Will for the upcoming encounter, especially if you run into another monster. 2 Sanity isn't much. You may want to reconisder. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Speed from 3 to 4 and decreases his Sneak from 3 to 2. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Fight from 2 to 3 and decreases his Will from 2 to 1.

Dexter continues trudging through the alien world, still looking for a gate leading back to Arkham.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 20
Graveyard
OOC,Speed >2 to 4, Sneak <2 to 0 Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 5
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 20
OOC,Since [b]Monterey[/b] is just moving to the second area of the City of the Great Race and I won't be able to post my move until Wednesday night if I don't do it now...I'm doing it now. :) Since I'm not attempting to close the gate, I won't be doing anything during my Arkham Encounter phase. [b]Gloria[/b] can go ahead and do her thing at the Science Building and then draw a Gate card for [b]Monterey[/b]'s Other World encounter. [b]Dexter[/b] returns to Arkham and gains an explored marker. [b]Dexter[/b] chooses to fight the Cultist this turn. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2133711/]Combat check (3 + 1 [Knife] - 1 [Cultist] = 3 dice) fighting Cultist, round 1 (3d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] loses 1 Stamina in Round 1, leaving him with 2. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2133712/]Combat check (3 + 1 [Knife] - 1 [Cultist] = 3 dice) fighting Cultist, Round 2 (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] defeats the Cultist, claiming it as a trophy.
Dexter finally locates the shimmering gate leading home and leaps through it. He is back on the island, but he is not alone. A figure in a dark, hooded robe stands nearby, chanting under his breath. Dexter cautiously approaches the man, who whirls to face him with a mad look in his eye. "Ia!" he shouts. "The mighty Yog-Sothoth will awaken soon!"

"Not if I can help it," says Dexter.

"You cannot!" The man pulls out a wicked-looking curved dagger from the folds of his robes. "Yog-Sothoth, receive this sacrifice!" He rushes Dexter, who hastily draws his own knife, but a bit too slowly. Though he tries to twist aside, the madman slices into his shoulder. Grimacing in pain, Dexter plunges his blade into his attacker's heart, slaying him in an instant. For the first time since the War, he has taken a human life. He hopes it will be the last.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Movement & Encounter - Turn 20
Graveyard - Science Building
OOC,Gloria moves to the Science Building, picking up the Clue, and for her encounter she trades in a gate trophy, for 2 Clues; she now has 3.
The professor peers at the luminous lump with intense curiosity.
Gloria states, "This here is proof of another world, all that now remains of a portal to a place beyond space and time!"
Professor Littlewit replies, "Yes, I can see that, Ms Goldberg."
Gloria suspects that he does not have the faintest idea of what it is.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement and encounter turn 20
OOC,Luck: 3-1=2d6. 6,2. Found the statue

After some time, Jack was attracted by a pedestal with a strange statue. It was a vaguely anthropoid figure, with 2 bat-wings and tentacles in the face. It was carved in a unknown metal who seemed very old... and valuable. But it had a sinister look, and Jack decide to leave it alone.
"Besides, it wouldn't be nice to steal, and the race who dominated this place would be probably anoyed."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mythos Phase - Turn 20,[b]Lodge Member Held for Questioning![/b] [b]Headline[/b]: A Silver Lodge ritual lets 2 monsters loose in the French Hill streets. An eleventh Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate opens at Black Cave to R'lyeh. The Clue token at Black Cave is removed from the board. A Hound of Tindalos emerges. Clue appears at Hibb's Roadhouse. Mi-Go remains in Sky. Dhole moves to Uptown streets. Hound of Tindalos moves to Unvisited Isle ([b]Dexter[/b] is closer than [b]Gloria[/b]). Vampire goes to the Outskirts instead of the French Hill streets because the Monster Limit was reached. The Outskirts overflow and are emptied into the cup. The Terror Level increases from 3 to 4. John Legrasse leaves Arkham and is removed from the game. Shoggoth goes to the Outskirts instead of the French Hill streets because the Monster Limit was reached. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134882/]Do any more Clue tokens get added to Good Work Undone (1 or 2) on Turn 20? (1d6=2, 1d6=6)[/url] One more Clue token is added to Good Work Undone, bringing the total to 8.
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 21
OOC,Ah, nuts! I was going to increase my Speed and Lore so I could read Cultes Des Goules and get that extra clue, then move to Easttown and finish off that Rumor with [b]Gloria[/b]. Instead I'll go to the Science Building if I can evade the Hound and grab 2 more Clue tokens. While there I can trade stuff with [b]Gloria[/b]. I could use that .45, or she could trade me the Shotgun for the Knife. I can also give her Find Gate, as if anyone is going to have to take another trip, she's the best suited. I could use Wither as well, if you think you can spare it. Hopefully [b]Monterey[/b] will seal that sixth gate during the Arkham Encounter phase, but [b]Gloria[/b] will need to go to Easttown and feed those three Clues to Good Work Undone just in case. If the game goes to Turn 22, I'll have to put my Clues in. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Sneak from 2 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 4 to 3. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Will from 1 to 2 and decreases his Fight from 3 to 2.

Dexter sees a shimmering coming from the area of the gate and hears a dreadful howl that chills his very soul. He has gotten the attention of something due to his many travels between dimensions, and he does not wish to face it. He prepares to slip away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 21
OOC,Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 1; damn, card discarded. Yep, we'll trade Mr. Handy, .45 & Wither for Find Gate.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement turn 21
OOC,Fight 3>5 Will 2>0
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 21
OOC,Too bad about losing the Blessing, but at least you got good use out of it and sealed that gate first! [b]Dexter[/b] tries to Evade the Hound of Tindalos [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135538/]Sneak(-1) roll to evade Hound of Tindalos (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] fails his Evade check. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135539/]Spending one Clue token to add a die to the Evade check (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url] [b]Dexter[/b] spends 1 Clue token to get an extra die and succeeds. He spends 3 movement points to move to the Science Building. He will give [b]Gloria[/b] Find Gate, and she can give him the .45 automatic and Wither as she leaves for Easttown. [b]Monetery[/b] will return to Arkham this turn. He gets a chance to close and seal the gate during the Arkham Encounter phase. He gets 5 dice and needs 2 successes. If he succeeds, we win! If he fails, don't spend any Clues. Just stay there and try again next turn. While it's possible that a gate will open at the Silver Twilight Lodge and awaken Yog-Sothoth, it's unlikely, but we don't have time to go around collecting Clues or an Elder Sign and then take another trip to an Other World.
Dexter runs along the shore for the small rowboat he used to reach the island, but he can tell that the beast is on his tail. Just when it looks like it will catch up to him, in a burst of inspiration, he leaps into the Miskatonic River and swims underwater. While this is no normal dog that is hunting him, his action does serve to throw it off the scent. He surfaces near the rowboat and climbs aboard, then rows back to town. After he reaches the dock, he dries himself off and makes his way through Arkham hurriedly to the Miskatonic University campus and enters the Science Building, knowing that time is running out and he needs more information.

When he arrives, he meets a woman whose aura shows that she too has mystical power and knowledge. "Greetings," he says. "I am Dexter Drake, magician at large. I could not help but notice that you have a gift. Surely you must be aware of the strange happenings around Arkham and the gateways that have been opening, tearing holes in the fabric of the universe itself. I know how to locate these holes, and I can teach you, but time is short. If we can mend enough of these tears, we can repair the fabric before it is too late."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1 - The Rise of Yog-Sothoth”