IC Arkham Horror

The fabric between dimensions is weakening, and portals to other worlds begin opening all over Arkham, unleashing strange creatures into the city. A band of crazed cultists attempts to summon Yog-Sothoth, putting all of humanity in danger. Psychic author Gloria Goldberg, renowned archaeologist Monterey Jack, and powerful magician Dexter Drake are all that stand in the way of total destruction of all we hold dear. Can they succeed in their desparate race against time?

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC Arkham Horror

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Maybe you should have bought the Cabala of Sabaoth instead. Then you'd have $4 left, enough to get Sanity fully restored for both yourself and Monterey, and an extra Skill is always nice. Still, you can go to the Asylum next turn and get 1 Sanity back for free or draw a regular encounter. Monterey should go there next turn; then you can give him the $2 so he can get his Sanity back and shop for an Elder Sign in the following turn.
Mythos Phase - Turn 11,[b]The Great Ritual[/b] Rumor: Ongoing Effect: Cultists, Witches, Warlocks, and High Priests have their toughness increased by 2 while this card is in play. Place 1 Clue token on this card at the end of every [b]Mythos Phase[/b] (beginning the turn after it entered play). [b]Pass[/b]: If a single player discards 3 spells (4 if there are 5 or more players) while in the French Hill streets during the Arkham Encounter Phase, return this card to the box. Each player gains 2 Clue tokens. [b]Fail[/b]: If there are ever 5 Clue tokens on this card, return it to the box. From now on, draw 2 mythos cards each [b]Mythos Phase[/b]. Ignore everything on the first card except for the gate opening. [b]Activity at[/b]: French Hill streets A seventh Doom token is added to the Doom Track. Gate to Plateau of Leng opens at Graveyard. A Cultist emerges from the gate. No Clue appears. Cthonian does not cause a quake this turn. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2053481/]Does the Cthonian cause a quake on Turn 11? (1d6.hits(4)=0)[/url] Ghoul moves from Woods to Uptown streets.
Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 12
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Speed from 4 to 5 and decreases his Sneak from 2 to 1. [b]Dexter[/b] increases his Luck from 2 to 3 and decreases his Lore from 4 to 3. I'll take care of the Rumor this turn, as I have the Spells (and the Speed to get there). I'll have to sacrifice all of mine except Find Gate, but at least after this I'll have all the Clue tokens I'll need to seal another gate.

Before Dexter leaves Independence Square, an old gypsy woman comes up to him. "Beware!" she says, pointing a gnarled finger at him. "There are evil sorcerers carrying out an act of powerful magic right now, in French Hill! They will bring doom upon us all!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep -Turn 12
Curiositie Shop
OOC,Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 6
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Upkeep turn 12
OOC,No changes
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement- Turn 12
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] moves from Independence Square to the French Hill streets, using 4 movement points.

"I haven't a moment to lose!" says Dexter, running from the square.

"Yes, be quick!" calls the gypsy woman. "If you do not hurry, they will awaken Yog-Sothoth!"

Dexter speeds through the streets of Arkham as fast as he can. By the time he reaches French Hill, he is out of breath.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 12
Curiositie Shop - Asylum
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Movement turn 12

Jack after all he suffered, had another crise of doubt, thinking that they should be a rational explanation. So he decid to return to the asylum.
OOC,Monterey returns to the asylum and pays the 2 dollars
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Arkham Encounter- Turn 12
OOC,Paying the $2 and getting your Sanity restored will happen during your Arkham Encounter Phase. [b]Dexter[/b] discards Mists of Releh, Shrivelling, and Wither. The Great Ritual is passed and returned to the box. Each player gains 2 Clue tokens.

Dexter soon finds a circle of figures in black hooded robes in a grove not far from the Silver Twilight Lodge, all of them chanting in unison. "Ia! Ia! Yog-Sothoth!" they cry. "The Key and the Gate!"

One of them removes his hood, and Dexter recognizes the features of Carl Sanford. "Yog-Sothoth, awaken!" he calls. "Your time has come, Ancient One! What was, shall be! What is, shall be no more!"

Dexter conceals himself in a nearby alley and summons all of the arcane energies at his disposal. A great mist wells up from the ground and surrounds him, and powerful magic emanates from him as he concentrates on disrupting the ritual. There is a roll of thunder from the sky, and Dexter feels the power drain out of him. However, the cultists gathered in the grove also lose their power and slump over, defeated.

"What happened?!" snarls Carl Sanford. "Which of you fools did that?"

Dexter slips away before he is noticed. He has lost the ability to cast many of the spells at his command, having forgotten them, but he still possesses his newfound ability to locate gates - and he feels one of them calling to him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 12
Asylum
OOC,Monty, Gloria gives you $2. Dragon's Eye used to have another encounter, -1 Sanity. You hear screaming. Etc... Make a Lore (-2) check, 3d6: 1 4 5; if you pass, gain 2 Clue tokens.`
Gloria meets a man at reception, she recognises a fellow investigator.
She introduces herself, "I'm Ms Goldberg. I can see by your nervous condition that you too are battling the dark force. Here, take $2, you can use it at the Asylum."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack in the asylum found another fellow investigator. She pitied him and give him money enough to pay the treatment.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The money transfer actually took place during the Movement Phase. I'll do the Mythos Phase now, and then it will be [b]Gloria[/b]'s turn for Upkeep. I think during next turn's Movement [b]Monterey[/b] should give a dollar or two back to [b]Gloria[/b] so she can get her Sanity back, and forget shopping for an Elder Sign. I have 5 Clues and she has 4, so she can pick up another one soon (or try for Blood Magic first - she will probably keep Blessing, and Flesh Ward will prevent the loss if she casts it successfully).
Mythos Phase - Turn 12,[b]Blood Magic[/b] Environment (Mystic): Investigators who end their movement in Rivertown streets may choose to delve into dark mysteries using their life force. They roll dice equal to their current Stamina, and for every failed die, they lose 1 Stamina. If this reduces them to 0 Stamina, they are [b]devoured[/b] and the player must start a new character. Otherwise, they gain 3 Clue tokens. [b]Activity at[/b]: Rivertown streets No gate opens at Independence Square due to Elder Sign. Clue appears at The Unnamable. Mi-Go moves from Sky to French Hill streets. Byakhee moves from Sky to French Hill streets. Icy Conditions is discarded.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack upkeep turn 13
OOC,No changes I think that all that Jack will do now, will be monster hunting, ok?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Upkeep - Turn 13
Asylum
OOC,Fight (1) > to 2, Will (4) < 1 to 3 Roll to keep Blessed, 1d6: 5
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 13
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Sneak from 1 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 5 to 3. I'm not actually going to try to evade the flying monsters, I'm going to fight them. I'll take on the Mi-Go first to snag a Unique Item, then the Byakhee. My knife should be enough even with Fight minimized, though I may get hit some. I just want to make sure I don't lose too much Sanity.

Glancing back, Dexter sees Carl Sanford take out a strange-looking whistle from under his robe and blow it. As he makes his way through the streets of French Hill, he hears the flapping of wings above him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Movement - Turn 13
Asylum

"Thank you, sir, I only need the $1." Gloria stays at the Asylum for psychiatric treatment.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack movement turn 13

After deciding to leave the the asylum, Jack heard of a rumour of a strange gathering in the graveyard. Traveling as fast as he could, he discovered another cultist. He was too screaming about the coming of Yogh-Sothoth. Jack this time didn't lose any time talking or asking anything.
OOC,Fight(4)+.38revolver(3)+Bullwhip(1)-combat rating of cultist(1)=7d6. 3,1,5,5,5,3,5 One dead cultist and another trophy.
Monterey was almost feeling remorse for killing in such a easy way the cultist. Almost.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Movement - Turn 13
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] remains in the French Hill streets. [b]Dexter[/b] fights the Mi-Go first. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059717/]fails his Horror check[/url] and loses 2 Sanity, leaving him with 2. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059719/]defeats the Mi-Go in the first round[/url] and draws The King In Yellow. The Mi-Go is removed from the game. [b]Dexter[/b] faces the Byakhee next. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059724/]succeeds[/url] at his Horror check. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059725/]defeats the Byakhee in the first round[/url] and claims it as a monster trophy.
Dexter then hears a buzzing sound coming from above and behind him. Turning, he gasps in fright when a sees a strange insectoid creature swooping down on him. Instinctively he prepares to bombard it with magical power, but then he realizes that he has lost it. With no other recourse, he draws his knife and slashes as it attacks. The blade slices it across the throat and it falls to the ground, motionless. He inspects its disgusting corpse and finds that it is carrying a book under one wing. It is a copy of a play called "The King In Yellow," one he has heard can induce madness in those who see it. No sooner has he picked up the book than he hears the flapping. A bizarre black monster soars above, and it too dives at him when it sees him, claws extended. With the knife already in his hand, he cuts it with expert precision, crippling one of its leathery wings. Hobbled, the beast is forced to the ground, where he plunges the knife into its back, severing its spine and slaying it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Gloria Goldberg Encounter - Turn 13
Asylum
OOC,Gloria spends $2 to restore her Sanity.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mythos Phase - Turn 13,[b]R'lyeh Rising[/b] Environment (Mystic): Star Spawn and Maniacs have their toughness increased by 1. The difficulty to [b]seal[/b] or [b]close[/b] gates to R'lyeh is increased by 1. Monster Surge(3) - Woods: Gug appears at Woods, Ghoul appears at Historical Society, Nightgaunt appears at Graveyard. No Clue appears at Historical Society due to open gate. Nightgaunt moves from Graveyard to Sky. Gug moves from Woods to Downtown streets. Ghoul moves from Dowtown streets to Southside streets. Ghoul moves from Historical Society to Southside streets. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2062155/]Does the Cthonian cause a quake on Turn 13? (1d6.hits(4)=1)[/url] Cthonian causes a quake. [b]Dexter Drake[/b] loses 1 Stamina. [b]Gloria Goldberg[/b] loses 1 Stamina (unless she successfully casts Flesh Ward). Blood Magic is discarded.
OOC,Well, that made my decision for me. With the Ghouls in my way, I'd lose a turn fighting them anyway. I'll go to the River Docks and then the Asylum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Monterey Jack Upkeep turn 14
OOC,Fight: 4<2 Will: 1>3
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dexter Drake Upkeep- Turn 14
OOC,[b]Dexter[/b] increases his Speed from 3 to 5 and decreases his Sneak from 3 to 1.

No sooner had the fight ended than a tremor shakes the ground, causing Dexter to fall over. Bruised, he gets back to his feet. I need to get out of here fast! he thinks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1 - The Rise of Yog-Sothoth”