OOC Discussion & Chat

The fabric between dimensions is weakening, and portals to other worlds begin opening all over Arkham, unleashing strange creatures into the city. A band of crazed cultists attempts to summon Yog-Sothoth, putting all of humanity in danger. Psychic author Gloria Goldberg, renowned archaeologist Monterey Jack, and powerful magician Dexter Drake are all that stand in the way of total destruction of all we hold dear. Can they succeed in their desparate race against time?

Moderator: Tabs

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: OOC Discussion & Chat

Post by kabukiman »

I think I will try to fight the monster, then as soon as possible I will go to the curiosity shop to try to buy (and maybe find the elder sign).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You'll probably be better off going to the Asylum, unless Gloria happens to be going to the Curiositie Shoppe next turn instead of this one and is willing to give you $2. You're probably going to need $2 just to get your Sanity restored to maximum, though you can get 1 point back for free per turn at the Asylum. If you do buy an Elder Sign, you'll want to have more than 1 Sanity, or using it will drive you insane. Of course, if you do get an Elder Sign you can always give it to someone else instead of using it yourself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

kabukiman, you have to Fight or Evade the nice Star Spawn this movement (Turn 11).

Gloria was going to the Curiostie Shop, I think now she will try the Newspaper or Train Station. Maybe Gloria and Monty can meet next turn at the Curiostie Shop and she can give you $2?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I killed the thing. Next time it's probably better to go to the asylum. With just one sanity point, I can't resist another encounter like this one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Good job! You actually had your Fight at 5, so you had an extra die, and the whip would also have given you a reroll of one die if you'd needed it. It would have been better to use the sword, as this monster didn't have Magical Resistance/Immunity. Now that you have 6 toughness worth of monster trophies, you can cash them in at various places. The River Docks' special ability will give you $5, for instance. But yes, you should get your Sanity restored first. It's a good idea for Gloria and Jack to both go to the Curiositie Shoppe in Turn 12. Gloria could use her Sanity restored too, but maybe she can make some extra money at the Newspaper Office.

I could trade stuff with Gloria as I walk past, but I don't know if there's really anything we should exchange at this point.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Monterey still has to draw an encounter card at The Unnamable.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

kabukiman, Gloria will meet up with Monterey at the Asylum and give him the $2 he needs. She will try her luck with the encounters at the Asylum. I shall post in the IC thread later today.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I have already my new computer! But now I need to installed everything. My games, office, everything... :cry:
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

kabukiman, would you give back to Gloria the $2? If so she will try the Blood Magic to gain Clues. BTW, it is Gloria to go first Turn 13, but no matter!

Mr. Handy, good job ridding us of the Rumor.

Edit
Rather than Blood Magic, Gloria can pick up the Clue at the Unnamable.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Sorry about that! I will give you the 2$.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Tabs! Now I may need some spells to replace the ones I lost. Monterey is more likely to be able to spare them, as he has the Sword of Glory (not to mention his gun and whip). I may also need some money to get my Sanity and/or Stamina back, though if I have no other choice I can sell a Gate trophy or take a loan from the Bank. By the way, Gloria already has $1, so Monterey really only needs to give her one more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

So, since I don't have any chance to seal a gate, maybe it's better that I go to the same place with one of you to kill any monster and serve as bodyguard? And I can give the rest of the money to Drake?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, that would help out a lot! You can move to French Hill, trade with me, and then fight the monsters in the Movement Phase. If you defeat them both, I'll be able to move away freely on my Movement Phase. I plan to sneak past the Cthonian and through the gate to Another Dimension. I'd fight it, but I need to hold onto my Sanity and my Clue tokens. Besides, we're in the endgame here. If we can seal two more gates fast, its presence won't matter. Maybe I'll be able to do something about it after coming back.

I need the Spells more than the money. If Monterey gives me Shrivelling and Wither, I'll be in decent shape. He should only give me $2 and hold on to the remaining $2 for himself. After these fights, he may need his Sanity restored yet again!

Actually, it's better that Monterey be the one to fight the Mi-Go, since he'll get to draw 2 Unique Items and choose which one to keep. Maybe he'll even get an Elder Sign! Just make sure the 5 Unique Items in my discarded cards list (as well as the ones we're holding) aren't mixed in with the deck when you draw.

EDIT: Actually, never mind. It's a very bad idea for Monterey to go to French Hill and fight the monsters, since his current Will score is 0. This means he'll automatically fail both Horror checks (unless he uses his Clue tokens, and even then he could still fail). That will cost him 3 Sanity, driving him insane. He should definitely go somewhere else. I'll fight the monsters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Monterey will be pulled through the gate to the Plateau of Leng. I won't have an encounter since I'm in the middle of the street, so Tabs should go ahead and draw a Gate card for Monterey's Other World encounter. After that's processed, I'll do the Mythos Phase.

Now that Monterey left, he won't be able to trade with me. I can either take a chance on sneaking past the Cthonian and into Another Dimension with only 2 Sanity (hoping to save 1 for Find Gate), or I can play it safe and go to the River Docks, where I can sell a Gate trophy for $5 and pay to get my Sanity back. That'll take a few turns and could prolong the game, but I'd also have a couple of chances to read The King In Yellow and get some extra Clue tokens along the way. I'll make up my mind after the Mythos card is resolved.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

But before, should I draw an encounter card?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No, you don't draw an encounter card at the Graveyard; you are pulled through the gate and into the Plateau of Leng instead. You'll have an Other World encounter, but Tabs needs to draw your card to ensure that an already drawn card isn't drawn. We don't know all of the cards that were taken from the Gate deck and discarded.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Monterey's OW encounter.
Plateau of Leng
You wander the frozen wastes. No encounter.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, since there's no encounter, I'll go ahead and do the Mythos Phase now. Then it'll be your turn for Upkeep first.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 14 Player Order:
Monty
Dexter
Gloria

We are almost there! Gloria wlll pick up the Clue at the Unnamable, then she will have 5 and be ready to jump through a gate.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy, Dexter has 9 Clues, old yoggy is dust!

kabukiman, Monterey is now at the Plateau of Leng 2nd area, and here is the OW encounter:
Other
You find a quiet spot to rest and recuperate. Gain 1 Stamina.

Return to “Episode 1 - The Rise of Yog-Sothoth”