OOC Discussion & Chat

The fabric between dimensions is weakening, and portals to other worlds begin opening all over Arkham, unleashing strange creatures into the city. A band of crazed cultists attempts to summon Yog-Sothoth, putting all of humanity in danger. Psychic author Gloria Goldberg, renowned archaeologist Monterey Jack, and powerful magician Dexter Drake are all that stand in the way of total destruction of all we hold dear. Can they succeed in their desparate race against time?

Moderator: Tabs

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: OOC Discussion & Chat

Post by kabukiman »

I have the bad habit of rolling one dice after the other. When it was time to roll the last dice, I had just one "5",and I thougth it would be improbable to have any luck in the last, but after all, the stars weren't right...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Nicely done! It turns out that we were 19 Mythos cards away from a Gate opening at the Silver Twilight Lodge (never did get a chance to use my membership), so we had plenty of time after all. Arkham would have most likely been overrun by monsters well before we got to that point if we weren't sealing gates.

Our final score is as follows:
Doom track length: 12
- Terror level (4): 8
+ unspent gate trophies (4; includes the final Gate): 12
+ batches of 3 unspent monster trophies (3; 10 trophies in all): 15
+ sane, surviving investigators (3): 18

That's a much better score than I've ever gotten with a single investigator!

I'll create a subforum where you can move the old threads from the first game. Then when you're ready to start a new one, you can put the new threads in the main forum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

18 - this is a fine score.

I am going to do the session report using the IC thread, I thought to reveal the OOC button and then copy a page; shall I post it here first? Edit: On second thought I may post a link to the IC thread.

For Arkham + Dunwich I will post in the '...I'm Thinking Of Running A Game' thread, with a view to starting in a few weeks. So are we hoping for 1-2 more players or another 5?

Mr. Handy, you did a good job handling the Mythos Phase, thank you.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

And thanks for the patience with my mistakes. By the way, I will make a report about the game in a forum of rpg/boardgames I belong in Portugal, to publicize it
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! We already have 4 players now that Carcosannoble is joining us, which is ideal, but we can support up to 4 more if we get enough interest.

You can make a new post in your original Arkham Horror thread instead of making a new thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Regarding the session report, I have done some testing and have decided to post the IC thread at BGG. It will take a week or so, when done I will put a link here.

Return to “Episode 1 - The Rise of Yog-Sothoth”