The Mound

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: The Mound

Post by kabukiman »

And you see... a wooden statue of a man (abouth 40's), with cloths. But suddenly a shadow materialize on front of you.
Make a sanity roll. If passed, lose 1 point. If failed, roll 1d4.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance deals with the situation remarkably well.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You are more surprised than shocked. The shadow starts to materialize as a man; but he is translucid as a ghost. His features are similar to those from the people of the city. He starts talking, but even if the words are strange, you seem to understand them:
-It was time that someone came to pay it's respects to me after all I did! At first everyone was giving me offerings, but latter they simply forgot me! Like if I died for no reason! But luckily for you, I'm in good humor, so I may make a cantrip to improve your crops.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Vance has kept his calm enough to play along. He tries to look for a hologram projector from the corners of his eyes while replying in English.

"Honored deceased, we are scholars, not farmers."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-That's even better! There was a long time since I tgalked to anyone who didn't summoned me to... wait! You are not Hyperboreans! I see! My reputation has spread to other lands and now you are coming to my tomb to pay your homage! It's even better.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"We would be honored to hear about your life from your own self."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

- I am Evagh the destroyer of Rlim Shaikorth itself! Yes, the White Worm who have frozen uncounted numbers of ships and villages! I lived and saw my companions disapeared, until one day I used a knife and opened it's belly when it was sleeping! I died in the process, but little price it was paid to free the world from this abomination. I thought that I would perish forgoten, but several wizards summoned my spirit and I told them my tale. A shrine was made in my honour, and even if my remains had been lost at the sea, this beautiful tomb was build, and somehow my spirit come to this place. Pilgrims and priests came here. But then they stoped to appear. I don't remember why. And the wizards who summon me were rarer and rarer in time. I know why! The ice! It covered everything! Hyperborea no longer exists! Neitheir my people! You are different! But still people. New nations have appeared. I know their names. So where are you from? Stygia? Lemuria? Atlantis? I am not completly of touch with the changes of time as you can see....
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"We are from Arkham...somewhat west of Atlantis. The ice has been retreating recently."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Since you didn't posted anything in the last days, I have npc your character, so you may resume in the thread All. But we will continue this dialogue.

-Arkham... I don't know that civilization, I'm afraid.
Sudenly a student appears outside screaming
-Help! In a couple of minutes some bad guys will appear and attack us!

You phone to Vance:
-Here Vance! One of the students told me they would be company. I'm lefting everyone here, and I'm running to the camp. Should be there in 15 minutes. Talked with the other merc, he is also on is way.
"Eight armed men have arrived by helicopter and taken over the camp," says Patrick. "I'm with a couple of the guys who can fight in the hills north of camp, and we've got the girls with us to keep them safe. Four of the men split off and they're heading north, but I don't think they've spotted us. They're either heading for the mounds or the city. You may want to avoid them on your way back. We can regroup and then come up with a plan."

You may continue talking with the ghost, but go anyway to the All thread.

Return to “Chapter 2”