All

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: All

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cool," says Patrick. "It's like something out of a fantasy game in the matrix." He has to check for a second to make sure he isn't still in the matrix. He carries out a throrough inspection of the room, trying to locate the source of any transmission or anything else out of the ordinary.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

You don't find any transmission here. You barely have a signal.
-So scholars from other lands, what is that you require?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay," says Patrick, thinking. "There are some things we would like to learn about this place, and about the ruined city nearby. We wish to know who built it and why, and to learn of its history."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Oh? So you don't know anything about it? Our civilization was already forgoten?- the pale ghost seem to be sad- all our achievements, our wars and magic finished in oblivion, that's so unfair. Well, I'l tell you everything, so you may revive it's fame.
He stops for a moment like if he was remembering something and then starts:
-Our ancestors come from a nameless continent from the south. They were quite primitive and they found other inhabitants here, of a diferent kind. I don't know who they were or what hapened, only that they weren't human. Our people called itself the Hyperborians and our great capital was Commorium. But we had other great cities: Uzuldaroum with it's great minarets, Leqquan who was so beautiful that you could see its image in the waters of the river and Cerngoth that had the best food. It seems in the old day, when the weather was warmer, Thulas also had people, but it was long before my time and it is been engulfed by the ice. The city nearby was Commorium our capital. It's main godess is, I mean, was Yhoundeh. But their priests don't like us the wizards, stupid folk, they think we are a threat for them. One day the city was abandoned, I think it was the ice. For my deeds, I was still summoned. Then silence. And latter it was diferent kind of people that started to summon me. People like you. You seem to be human, but you are somehow diferent.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, we're quite human," says Patrick. "Different? I suppose you mean my cyberjack. That's what I use to connect to the matrix. I suppose you don't know about that. It's a vritual world that people have created that exists in networks of computers - machines that can make many calculations very quickly. It might seem a lot like wizardry, but it's made with technology. My name is Patrick, and this is Vance. What is your name? I also have more questions about Commorium. How long ago was it founded, and when was it abandoned?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-My name is Evagh. I don't know how long I have been engulf by the mists of time. My ancestors built this city when the weather was warm, and all the island was fertile; then the ice caem, and it started to be cold in thye north. Thye city was abandoned after my dead, I don't know how long.
One of the professor says:
-That should mean that the city was founded more than 1.000.000 years ago, and abandoned some hundred thousands of years latter.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Vance takes up a trinket with meters and sensors. A small wheel stirs on the top of the gadget. "Hmm. This is odd. No electrical current detected. This seems to be a spectral illumination. How cool is that!"

He walks up to the illumination and asks, "What were the names of your last summoners, may I ask? I am called Vance, by the way. Pleased to meet you Evagh."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This is astounding, Professor!" says Patrick. "If that's correct - and testing the artifacts we've found would confirm it - this changes everything! An advanced civilization from that long ago...this is a tremendous find!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes, but we cannot say we contact some ghost from the past or everyone would laught at us.-says the professor
-The last person to summon me, let me think... his name was Menes from Stygia. Yes, that's it. He wanted help to fight against some red hair barbarian. He looked like you, but he was just of darker skin. I could't help him much, because it's not that I knew spells to fight invasions. I know some nasty spells, but not against an entire people. After that, nobody called me anymore. Was it a long time ago? says the ghost.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick returns his attention to the specter. "It must have been," he says. "I've never even heard of Stygia." He thinks of something else. "In the city, we found a temple that contained a bizarre idol shaped like an enormous toad. I heard a voice in my head telling me to start the service that identified itself as the servant of the Sleeper of N'Kai. It appeared out of a pool of dark liquid, taking a man-like form. I took some pictures of everything." He takes out his camera and shows the pictures to the spirit. "Can you tell us what the idol represents, what manner of creature we encountered, and what the Sleeper of N'Kai is?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

He looks very surprised with the camera.
-Never saw such a creature! The sleeper of N'Kai? Are you sure? That was an ancient god that used to be worship by our ancestors. Then we stoped doing it. Does that mean the people returned to him after my death? It's name is Tsathogua, and it was said that he was living in mount where the Vormis lived. I never saw him or any image, but I guess it must be some creature that serves him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I am sure," says Patrick. "That does make sense, but what's the Vormis?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-It's a race of fury savages. Some said that they were once a great civilization but I doubt. Anyway, the nobles hunt them for sport. Did you see any of them?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, I haven't seen them," says Patrick. "What other strange creatures reside in these lands?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Strange? We don't have strange animals, just normal. The voormis are the only different cause they are from an ancient time, when the serpent people ruled the earth.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Serpent people?" says Patrick. "I've never heard of them before. What are they?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-You never heard them? Even the most ignorant peasent scares his children with them! Don't you know anything about the peoples who lived before you? You never summon one of them?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, it seems that much has been forgotten of ancient times," says Patrick. "Our written history only goes back about six thousand years, though there are legends of times before that. We don't know how to summon people from ancient times. There are some who claim to be able to channel the spirits of dead, but they're usually consulted to speak to people we knew who have died, whose lifetimes overlapped our own. There are probably some mystics out there who try to contact ancient spirits, but I don't know much about them. Many of these people who say they can contact spirits are frauds, trying to dupe the gullible into giving them money. I don't know of anyone who can really do it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Well, that must be sad. Very well, I will teach you then a spell to summon me. I won't explain how to summon other people. It could be very dangerous if you summoned the wrong people. Anytrhing else? I'm getting tired.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hmm...", Vance gets suspicious. He pulls Patrick´ arm leading him off a few meters. "We wouldn´t want to conjure up no ghosts or demons, would we?" "Let us leave this place. No matter if it´s real or not. We could report that the site is utterly unstable and dangerous. This talk about ancient races, monsters and deities is chilling my bones, man. When anyone is speaking of God - they then end up speaking of the demise of man - or at least anyone not on the right side of the fence. I say we stop this and at least hit the site with a powerful EMP to end the transmission. Whatever it is..."

He lets go off Patrick and says. "Sorry about that... You were getting a bit too friendly with that program. Have you run an intrusive scan the last minutes? Don´t want to have anyone mucking around with the ´net..."

He gets a gadget up and reads it. "The structural stability of this cave seems sound and the moment."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Chapter 2”